• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finally got HVanessa, my first limited 5* from the banner after getting 2 Cupids before. Now HZerker and Fatalis are left. And HSarisse on the next one.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The ability to save your weekly bonuses in the next update! That should help with farming Orbs throughout the week.

I always put off playing HDT because I want to save that weekly bonus for content I'm struggling with then . . . not play HDT and miss the weekly bonus altogether.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Free ten pull this morning got me Hunter Vanessa and Hunter Berserker. Cygames aparently doesn't want me to ever spend my wyrmite stash.

Still will need Fatalis and the character on the second banner. I have 650~ summons worth of wyrmite/tickets so I should be able to pull it off.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
4th day, still no rainbow! :( rate at 6% now. This collab really hates me huh? I really don't want to touch my 10fold tickets and mite but at this rate... :/

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
what's the best place to get silver emblems?
As of right now, it's the easiest Fatalis fight. I was pulling like 24 for each of those fights and only single digits for the harder ones. You'll probably want to do some of these fights alone instead of waiting for people to join. You can only do it with getherwings, but you can still do it solo. Extremely easy too.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing eHMC as Welly and was having trouble at first, what really helped me was keeping this image up on another screen while I played and trying to quickly reference it when possible (like while it's spitting). My trouble was memorizing the pattern, although I knew how to dodge the individual attacks. The whirlpools are still a killer though.

Although it's now occurring to me maybe you meant master, in which case I have no idea about that...sorry!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing eHMC as Welly and was having trouble at first, what really helped me was keeping this image up on another screen while I played and trying to quickly reference it when possible (like while it's spitting). My trouble was memorizing the pattern, although I knew how to dodge the individual attacks. The whirlpools are still a killer though.

Although it's now occurring to me maybe you meant master, in which case I have no idea about that...sorry!
No it was expert. This will help though so thanks.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Guess which genius just dumped >5k void leaves into the unlimited mana exchange while clearing the monthly Void shop, despite simultaneously thinking about how they proooobably shouldn't just keep dragging the bar all the way over without thinking due to the potential risk.

only to realize they'd just fallen into that exact trap

it could be worse, I have nearly 300 seeds as is and have not been hurting for rupies so I'll be fine, but woof that is not a fun feeling...

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I finally took the plunge and cleared my first HDT! Standard HMS. I feel like I overprepared a bit with a MUB Chimera T2 because we never even got to the golems.

Oh well, at least I can start building Fafnirs now

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow managed to get 3 fatalis dupes from free draws so far but none of the new characters lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Chthonius really loves my F2P NOTTE account. Got him twice during Fractured Futures, another later off-banner, and now a 4th from this banner along with Fatalis and Siren so far. Just need one more and then I'd have enough copies to fully unbind him naturally.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
One of the guys on Youtube said there was a way to delete all the old game data from past events, that isnt needed anymore. I cant seem to find anything in the options, besides deleting the entire save data. Anyone know what he meant?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
One of the guys on Youtube said there was a way to delete all the old game data from past events, that isnt needed anymore. I cant seem to find anything in the options, besides deleting the entire save data. Anyone know what he meant?
He was probably referring to clearing the cache (title screen → Help → Clear Cache). Keep in mind that you'll need to redownload a few gigs worth of data after you do this.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I have both Noelle & Victor. Could someone please outline the main difference in roles between the two characters for s/eHMC? I generally have much more luck with ranged characters because I suck at dodging melee attacks but I read that Noelle actually has to do MORE dodging than Victor?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I have both Noelle & Victor. Could someone please outline the main difference in roles between the two characters for s/eHMC? I generally have much more luck with ranged characters because I suck at dodging melee attacks but I read that Noelle actually has to do MORE dodging than Victor?

basically, the hardest thing about ehmc is that she shoots water bullets at the person furthest from her, and since welli will be ur healer that will be noelle.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
basically, the hardest thing about ehmc is that she shoots water bullets at the person furthest from her, and since welli will be ur healer that will be noelle.

does eHMC have un-telegraphed attacks like eHMS? (e.g. are the water bullets un-telegraphed?) Because those fucked me up when I was playing as Rena, much smoother as Sarisse.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reliable way to get longing hears? I've done Void Zephyr 5 times already and have yet to get one, but I've got a couple of the wind hearts. Are longing hearts that much rarer than the elemental hearts?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
does eHMC have un-telegraphed attacks like eHMS? (e.g. are the water bullets un-telegraphed?) Because those fucked me up when I was playing as Rena, much smoother as Sarisse.

This is possibly slightly because I played Lowen from the start in HMC and only tried melee in HMS after a literal year of playing healer/ranged, but it is much much easier to keep track of HMC's attacks that need to be baited. The water bullets happen at much more obvious times than HMS's spitting; almost all of them are after her very obvious stomp->dash->tail swipe combo (it's "Spit x2" in the move chart that was posted on this page - though I think that chart is not very easy to read) or during a time when you're already running around her. She does telegraph them with an animation and "!" as well, but you should be ready for them by that point anyway.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
This is possibly slightly because I played Lowen from the start in HMC and only tried melee in HMS after a literal year of playing healer/ranged, but it is much much easier to keep track of HMC's attacks that need to be baited. The water bullets happen at much more obvious times than HMS's spitting; almost all of them are after her very obvious stomp->dash->tail swipe combo (it's "Spit x2" in the move chart that was posted on this page - though I think that chart is not very easy to read) or during a time when you're already running around her. She does telegraph them with an animation and "!" as well, but you should be ready for them by that point anyway.

Just deciding who to craft my HD1 weapon from eHMS for.... which would you generally say is "easier" then, just purely subjective? :D with the reference that I prefer Sarisse over Rena for eHMS for sure and have no issues in that fight that way. (and I can dodge the spitting like... most of the time. )

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just deciding who to craft my HD1 weapon from eHMS for.... which would you generally say is "easier" then, just purely subjective? :D with the reference that I prefer Sarisse over Rena for eHMS for sure and have no issues in that fight that way. (and I can dodge the spitting like... most of the time. )

I don't know if I'm the best person to ask, because I find Lowen/Noelle to be relaxing, lol. I don't think many people would say that, so I'm probably an outlier here!

Melee isn't bad either, though. I've spent some time in Standard as Lin You and did almost all of my Expert runs (+ my 2 Master runs) as Welly rather than Noelle, and have a MUB T1 for Victor now too. I just have to worry a bit more about rotations and helping to bait where she charges. While for Lowen/Noelle I can really just "follow the script" without as much thought.

Worst case, I'd say try Standard a bit to see how you feel about each. I feel like Victor is probably the safer route with regards to T1 investment, though - it feels fairly unlikely that some wind blade won't be meta for Agito - so you can keep that in mind as well. And know that Noelle's role is much harder than the others' in Master, if you are eventually considering doing that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Less than 30 minutes until that (expected) summon showcase for MH Part 2! Come to me, Sarisse.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
One of these things is unlike the others

TZgxtji.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the announcement of it, right? It won't be happening till tomorrow's reset.
Yeah, I meant a preview for the showcase. I just want to know what her abilities will be and what else will be included on her banner. I know it probably won't happen, since the event already gives us a free one, but I'd love a powerful fire dragon in the gacha. I desperately need one, and since I'll likely be doing a ton of pulls for Sarisse it'd be an ideal way to get it.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
the word "force strike" shows up:

Hunter Sarisse: 6 times
Dreadking Rathalos: 2 times

I think there's something Cygames is trying to tell me here but I'm not quite sure what

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Sarisse is looking like Berserker in the sense that she'll play completely differently to conventional bows and mirror the MHGU weapon counterpart. I'm guessing that for Sarisse, she stays in the direction you're facing and you move where she stands by moving, versus normal bow where you stay in place and move where the force strike hits by moving.
the word "force strike" shows up:

Hunter Sarisse: 6 times
Dreadking Rathalos: 2 times

I think there's something Cygames is trying to tell me here but I'm not quite sure what

To run Dreadking ON Hunter Sarisse! It's genius!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Rathalos to Dreadking Rathalos is now the fastest we've ever gotten an alt for a playable dragon/adventurer after its OG's debut with a turnover time of one week, beating the previous record held by Siren of two weeks.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, more seriously, Dreadking is fire element. It's Hunter Berserker they're telling you to to use him on... and that could be pretty powerful.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Sarisse is looking like Berserker in the sense that she'll play completely differently to conventional bows and mirror the MHGU weapon counterpart. I'm guessing that for Sarisse, she stays in the direction you're facing and you move where she stands by moving, versus normal bow where you stay in place and move where the force strike hits by moving.

To run Dreadking ON Hunter Sarisse! It's genius!

I knew it! That's it!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Two Dragalia Life's are up, one featuring Vanessa and Berserker, while the other features Sarisse, Berserker, and Ranzal. It took me three collabs to realize they actually never reference collab stuff in Dragalia Life. Berserker, Vanessa, and Sarisse are all in their normal outfits despite getting featured presumably since all three are getting MH alt's.
f422e71e71cedfe333205d467d9b4ef4.png
7ddf0d015a7ea0e267f8af674d85a99e.png

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as of right now assume that it's only part 1 to be safe, but historically they've updated the notice to include both banners so it's reasonable to think they'll be doing it again here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I think I'll keep using my free summons for the 1st banner and pray to goddess RNG that I get H!Berserker and Fatalis and dump all my wyrmite on the second banner.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, if it's for both banners, it's not a choice between them or anything. You'd get a free 10 on each of them.

Which means it'd be worth saving your wyrmite till the end of the free ones, but... well, I'm gonna pull a bit on the second tomorrow regardless. But it's not like I'm denting my stockpile much till the last day of this, when ideally we know what Valentine's is (if that hasn't already started by then, given that it'd be past the actual day??) and I can judge how much I want Vanessa + Sarisse/Dreadking if I'm still missing them.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Getting Standard HDT mentor bonuses isn't as easy the second week as compared to the first. There seem to be less mentors around so rather than having three stacked characters and one new guy it is often more like just the one stacked character and then three rotting heaps of trash, as evidenced by the 4.2k might H!Berserker that tried to run sHMS with me earlier today.

Worse still there are the unprepared players who have decided against all good sense to try and farm the standard HDTs. People who have already gotten their first clears but feel they are better off spending three wings running the fight again rather than spending their wings on the Fatalis raid for a thousand times better rewards. So you have a weak character who doesn't know the fight and also won't even get you a mentor bonus. Fun.