• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Dragalia Life got updated, this time mainly featuring Sarisse, with Cleo, Luca, Sylas, Xania, and Aeleen cameos.
31022dbfabb2747fac5fa607ce43111c.png

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Trying a bit to get Vanessa today now that the free 10s are up; just got a third Fatalis + S. Mari dupe (bad sign for the other banner...) + a Siren dupe. Dragons are good, at least, and that's got me to 2UB on Siren (...even if PSiren's the one I could use more).

Guess I'll see how the other banner goes, since I've kinda only been doing singles + dailies so far there and Dreadking is much more important. If I get him, I'll try for Vanessa a little more at the very end, hmm.

Oh lord, my condolences.

I already had a MUB copy, too!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I wonder who's getting the Valentine's alt's this time around.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Well I just got done with over 3+ straight hours of mHMS without a clear. Oof.

Thankfully I had some really great PUB mates that stuck with the room for most of those 3 hours but we just couldn't close the deal despite coming very close on one occasion.

One thing I know for sure now is that mHMS suuuuuucks.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Well I just got done with over 3+ straight hours of mHMS without a clear. Oof.

Thankfully I had some really great PUB mates that stuck with the room for most of those 3 hours but we just couldn't close the deal despite coming very close on one occasion.

One thing I know for sure now is that mHMS suuuuuucks.

Yea I got my first clear with a stacked team earlier in the week, made my T2 weapon for Gelly and got the heck out of there.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yea I got my first clear with a stacked team earlier in the week, made my T2 weapon for Gelly and got the heck out of there.

It makes mHBH look like baby's first HDT. At least with that one there are some moments where you can pause and catch your breath. mHMS is just non-stop evasion and as a baiter you need to be extra mindful of positioning.

And those gales can screw off. Nothing like the stupidly overwrought combo of Gale Blast + Storm Strike to prematurely end what would otherwise be a promising run.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
It makes mHBH look like baby's first HDT. At least with that one there are some moments where you can pause and catch your breath. mHMS is just non-stop evasion and as a baiter you need to be extra mindful of positioning.

And those gales can screw off. Nothing like the stupidly overwrought combo of Gale Blast + Storm Strike to prematurely end what would otherwise be a promising run.

Yea its brutal. I had my successful run with Euden, Emma, and Lowen (I was Xania) and we were able to clear pretty quickly (think we might have only had to actually go through one gale rotation). good luck!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I used all my tickets and in-game resources and finally managed to get Hunter Berserker in my last draw. I'm still missing Hunter Sarisse though... I really like crossover stuff so I'm kind of disappointed I won't be able to get her, although she was also the lowest priority character to me due to looking the least like a MH character compared to the two others.

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I used all my tickets and in-game resources and finally managed to get Hunter Berserker in my last draw. I'm still missing Hunter Sarisse though... I really like crossover stuff so I'm kind of disappointed I won't be able to get her, although she was also the lowest priority character to me doing to looking the least like a MH character compared to the two others.
Can't you skip through some character stories for extra Wyrmite?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can't you skip through some character stories for extra Wyrmite?

There's still a week left and I actually haven't finished the story mode on very hard yet either. So I'll get some wyrmnite up to that point, but I'd need to be very lucky in my rolls to get her.

yasadril

Oct 29, 2017
Finally Got a fatalis on the last free pull. Grateful to the RNGods that I didn't have to use all of my resources to get the limited characters/dragons. Now it's time to stock up for valentine banner

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting on 25 ingots I've yet to use one yet, and just crafted my first HDT weapon (Wiind Sword) and am now farming Mercury to make my second (Water Bow). I know it's best to use them for HDT2 weapons due to the grind needed to make them, but I doubt I'll be running Master any time soon so I'm kind of tempted to just use them on the HDT1 weapon I have now just to lessen the grind a bit (since I'm so far behind). But then, there's no telling what the next Agito boss will be, and given how powerful the fire ones are, it might be worth waiting to see...

It's frustrating not being able to spend these ingots, though. They just sit there while I continually gain more and more, and since Master HDT's demand top-tier everything, they're likely still a decent ways away for me (still need to grind the necessary HDT1 weapons, as well as max all of the HDT shrines).

Aaaaand I just used all the rest of my single tickets and wyrmite in anger and Vanessa appears. After god knows how much wyrmite and diamantium. This game I tell you.
Congrats on making it in the end! Happy it worked out for you.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting on 25 ingots I've yet to use one yet, and just crafted my first HDT weapon (Wiind Sword) and am now farming Mercury to make my second (Water Bow). I know it's best to use them for HDT2 weapons due to the grind needed to make them, but I doubt I'll be running Master any time soon so I'm kind of tempted to just use them on the HDT1 weapon I have now just to lessen the grind a bit (since I'm so far behind). But then, there's no telling what the next Agito boss will be, and given how powerful the fire ones are, it might be worth waiting to see...

It's frustrating not being able to spend these ingots, though. They just sit there while I continually gain more and more, and since Master HDT's demand top-tier everything, they're likely still a decent ways away for me (still need to grind the necessary HDT1 weapons, as well as max all of the HDT shrines).

Congrats on making it in the end! Happy it worked out for you.

Even with the agito improvements (which takes 3UB to pass HDT2s and assumes constant uptime and no toggling of the S3), it's still not a bad idea to make HDT2s since you tend to need them. That said if you want a quick outlet for HDT2/bricking, Zodiark is straight shot one to make a big Lathna or Curran or Heinwald or Gleo and dump bricks into it.

Once you get the hang of expert Zodiark, Master is basically the same thing but with more HP and some remixed mechanics and is pretty straight forward with a lenient dps check.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Had to really work for an eHJP mentorship bonus earlier. Was lucky when I got killed by spark during orb phase and shifted due to thinking that it was gonna skip barrages; it didn't, but thankfully the meter lasted just long enough to use my skill to survive outburst. Then when it looped into that again after the 5 minute mark, I was facing it on my last life and without enough dragon meter left to dodge. Frantically got some hits in while dodging fulgor and barrages, somehow managed to actually charge S1, used it right as the outburst went off, and...

if I'd failed to pull that skill use off, or made even slightly worse decisions around getting skills out before deaths, and so on... woof...

And then I basically had to solo carry Standard a while later, too. As in I was the only one left alive even before break, not the usual "everyone else died but it's still quick" experience. Good to know I still know the fight, I guess...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Good ol' Cygames.

"Here, have 1,200 wyrmite in addition to the plethora of free atuff we gave you recently!"

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mhmmm I wish I could find this stuff more fun, but just like last time I look at the poll results and just end up being kinda annoyed that they're doing this. Some of these would actually be useful messages, and we're not getting them, and some of these would be fun to have, but we can only get 1 of them.

Just give us them all, dang it...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Memes reign supreme.

Hit 250K Wyrmite on my F2P NOTTE account:

zDgpo4n.jpg

I can do a total of 3411 summons, though this doesn't include the 1.2K Wyrmite we just got.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Fatalis got absolutely pummeled in Omega Raid. I feel bad for the Elder Dragon. Hope we can get another MH event in the future with Crimson or White Fatalis.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well, after lamenting here I actually ended up getting Hunter Sarisse with 3 more rolls (two from wyrmite I gathered + the 1200 gift they gave today). All event battles and treasures have been pretty much collected too already.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Free wyrmite today pity broke new, nidhogg...

so all told, got berserker, Sarissa and two fatalis, along with a lin Yu, nidhogg and a dupe red sword girl.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got my first HD weapon! Got the wind bow for Joachim. (It was either that or a Trident). What else should I get to tackle the water High Dragon? I'm using a mub Dear Diary and Plaigebringer, but I'm not sure that's enough to withstand that first blast.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
So I finally got my first HD weapon! Got the wind bow for Joachim. (It was either that or a Trident). What else should I get to tackle the water High Dragon? I'm using a mub Dear Diary and Plaigebringer, but I'm not sure that's enough to withstand that first blast.

You can always go solo to check if you survive.

Also use this

Dragalia Lost

Dragalia Lost Stat Calculator

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I want to jump into expert brunhilda for my weekly chests but I was wondering if anyone had any tips first since I've never done it. I've looked up the moveset, seen a couple videos, and in theory know what the attacks do but I'm more looking for what groups are expecting in practice, since most of what I've found is older things for standard mode.

For example I noticed sometimes someone goes to the other side of grand muspelheim and dragon tanks it but sometimes groups stack together for it, but what's the common thing people are expecting? Does Sarisse do dive canceling now or is that still the healer? Should Gelly hold her S2 (apart from the opening) for specific attacks? Etc..

I can use either Sarisse or Gala Elisanne, I like Sarisse but don't like having to rely on another person's abilities/coabilities just to survive the open. EDIT: just noticed 8 of the 10 currently open rooms are looking for a healer. is 0ub hdt1 enough for jiang ziya, or is she significantly harder to play?

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else wish you could pull the screen back even further than you currently can? It doesn't really impact melee players as they're usually situated right on the boss, but it's kind of annoying when you play a ranged character and keep getting hit with stuff from off-screen. I have the camera pulled back as far as I can and it still doesn't seem like it's enough.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
So i have 400k eldwater. I have no idea what to do with it. I'm almost tempted to just buy a full set of JotS. Maybe i should just stock up for more mana spirals.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Powered through some of the V. Hard campaign for wyrmite and got reward with MH!Sarisse and S!Maribelle.

Finally :).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I want to jump into expert brunhilda for my weekly chests but I was wondering if anyone had any tips first since I've never done it. I've looked up the moveset, seen a couple videos, and in theory know what the attacks do but I'm more looking for what groups are expecting in practice, since most of what I've found is older things for standard mode.

For example I noticed sometimes someone goes to the other side of grand muspelheim and dragon tanks it but sometimes groups stack together for it, but what's the common thing people are expecting? Does Sarisse do dive canceling now or is that still the healer? Should Gelly hold her S2 (apart from the opening) for specific attacks? Etc..

I can use either Sarisse or Gala Elisanne, I like Sarisse but don't like having to rely on another person's abilities/coabilities just to survive the open. EDIT: just noticed 8 of the 10 currently open rooms are looking for a healer. is 0ub hdt1 enough for jiang ziya, or is she significantly harder to play?

1. You will probably not have dragon ready by Grand Mus, I think? If you do, maybe the person targeted will dragon tank. If they don't, you do it normally. It is mainly just to make things easier for the healer. (I believe you want the person tanking to be using Siren, since her dragon form is worse.)
2. Healer always cancels at the start. Later in the fight it can be messy because the baiter does not always do what you expect for meteors; you maaaaay want to run over and do that if the healer's not doing anything and you notice the baiter isn't going far enough to cancel/bait Crimson, but otherwise it's on those two still.
3. I think Gelly wants to help with resistance during stacking/chasers but I'm not sure how that timing works out.
4. You shouldn't feel bad about relying on others to survive; Lily and Sarisse always want healer's def buff + Gelly's co-ability + Gelly with Choco to res buff. That's how you're able to survive without using Volcanic Queen. It is absolutely expected that this is the case.
5. I mostly have run as Thaniel. Healer isn't that bad though much easier if you have H. Mariti. You just need to handle cancels ok and then it's really a matter of charging your skills well at certain points because it is just expected that you heal up the forced damage before the next time you take it. It's understood that you can only do so much to heal others' mistakes beyond that. Mariti makes the timing a lot less tight during that (sometimes even getting an extra heal in) but JZ will too thanks to her regen on S2. I only got her very recently and lately have been using Lily and now Sarisse so I haven't used her much yet.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Anyone else wish you could pull the screen back even further than you currently can? It doesn't really impact melee players as they're usually situated right on the boss, but it's kind of annoying when you play a ranged character and keep getting hit with stuff from off-screen. I have the camera pulled back as far as I can and it still doesn't seem like it's enough.
YES. It makes me want to use a tablet instead (if I had one), ever since Numberfox started posting various quest clear screenshots from an iPad.

LThSlDP.jpg

(At the very least it creates the illusion of having more screen real estate to work with. lol)

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
If you're on Android; the Rotation Control Pro app can force the game to run in Landscape Mode so you can see the entire arena as a Healer/Range Adventurer.