• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
YES. It makes me want to use a tablet instead (if I had one), ever since Numberfox started posting various quest clear screenshots from an iPad.

LThSlDP.jpg

(At the very least it creates the illusion of having more screen real estate to work with. lol)
Oh wow, that range. I'm jealous. Now I'm tempted to grab an iPad myself. >_<

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
1. You will probably not have dragon ready by Grand Mus, I think? If you do, maybe the person targeted will dragon tank. If they don't, you do it normally. It is mainly just to make things easier for the healer. (I believe you want the person tanking to be using Siren, since her dragon form is worse.)
2. Healer always cancels at the start. Later in the fight it can be messy because the baiter does not always do what you expect for meteors; you maaaaay want to run over and do that if the healer's not doing anything and you notice the baiter isn't going far enough to cancel/bait Crimson, but otherwise it's on those two still.
3. I think Gelly wants to help with resistance during stacking/chasers but I'm not sure how that timing works out.
4. You shouldn't feel bad about relying on others to survive; Lily and Sarisse always want healer's def buff + Gelly's co-ability + Gelly with Choco to res buff. That's how you're able to survive without using Volcanic Queen. It is absolutely expected that this is the case.
5. I mostly have run as Thaniel. Healer isn't that bad though much easier if you have H. Mariti. You just need to handle cancels ok and then it's really a matter of charging your skills well at certain points because it is just expected that you heal up the forced damage before the next time you take it. It's understood that you can only do so much to heal others' mistakes beyond that. Mariti makes the timing a lot less tight during that (sometimes even getting an extra heal in) but JZ will too thanks to her regen on S2. I only got her very recently and lately have been using Lily and now Sarisse so I haven't used her much yet.
Thank you so much, this really clears up a lot for me! since I do have h. Mariti I'm thinking of trying out healing with jiang since it seems pretty straightforward on what to do and when. Thanks again!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It bothered me before, but especially after the double Rathalos fights. If they intend to start doing more double battles, they really need to find some way to expand the range of the camera.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They could definitely stand to experiment with using the raid-style camera for more fights, at least? I don't think widescreen necessarily fixes the "problem" with certain fights that doing that might, though. There's stuff like the weird angle of Jupiter's fulgors that might be easier with the raid-style but would still be trouble in widescreen (which... may be an argument for either side depending on your point of view, no pun intended).

Meanwhile, be a little careful learning things from widescreen videos. Was nooooot fun to be trying mHBH and get to Grand X-Mus + Meteors, try take the right-most triangle, and then suddenly realize that unlike the video I uhhhh actually absolutely could not see where I was currently standing at all! I forget if I got lucky or not... but I think it was not, and I got lava dumped on me...

Thank you so much, this really clears up a lot for me! since I do have h. Mariti I'm thinking of trying out healing with jiang since it seems pretty straightforward on what to do and when. Thanks again!

It's definitely a lot easier than it used to be and I feel like people make it seem way worse than it is as a result! Rather, even just starting as Thaniel w/ Choco when Expert came out made all the talk about the difficulty feel very overblown, since you have much much less to worry about at the start compared to what people remember. It was weirdly the fight I had the least trouble with and definitely the one I studied the least for overall, with by far the least time between studying and clearing as well, even if you include both Standard and Expert for the time it took. And probably the Expert I had the most success finding good pub groups for doing TA, too.

Then H. Mariti made issues much more about me getting cocky and trying for an extra heal before something weird happening disrupting it, compared to just me not charging in time, and that is a much easier problem to deal with, haha. And the few runs I've done as Jiang felt weird because I realized I may have wasted heals thanks to her regen! So it will hopefully not be that bad at all for you, once you get used to the fight in general and how to time certain things, especially the early cancels.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Cleared my first masters! Took me all day but my 7.4k MH!Sarisse did the job just fine I think. Now I just have to grind more tails to get my first HDT2

Hopefully I can clear eVolk before the next agito drops.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Pitybroken at 6% by Dupe Yaten. Scrounge together another ten-pull by doing some very hard story - Dupe Natalie.

Can.not.get.hunter.sarisse.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Dragalia Life was updated twice, first one features Su Fang with Cleo, Kleimann, and Sinoa cameos, second one features Kleimann, Sinoa, Cleo, and Rex.
565c40d7b825733bd5f2a05105300b4b.png
b602b0269595ac456d516df16a30fec4.png
/SPOILER]

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared my first masters! Took me all day but my 7.4k MH!Sarisse did the job just fine I think. Now I just have to grind more tails to get my first HDT2

Hopefully I can clear eVolk before the next agito drops.

Congrats!

The good news is that since it's relatively quick to farm weapons and there's no cycle, Agito feels like content that can be done at its own pace without much issue and you can set your own goals for it. Honestly, I kinda burnt out on eVolk by farming a MUB wand within the first week I got access... I immediately switched to mostly just doing weeklies and not farming, hah. As long as it feels a bit more important to make sure I have solid HD2s in the other elements, I'm more driven to casually farm high dragons still, I guess.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's characters announced. 5* Melody (Axe/Wind) and Addis (Bow/Shadow), as well as dragon (Epimetheus). Nice to see the husbando crowd getting some love (maybe this will calm Reddit a bit, but I doubt it), but it gives me less reason to pull. My wyrmite is likely safe, unless the new characters/dragon are absolutely broken.

dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

Last edited:

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty
Valentine's characters announced. 5* Melody (Axe/Wind) and Addis (Bow/Shadow), as well as dragon (Epimetheus). Nice to see the husbando crowd getting some love (maybe this will calm Reddit a bit, but I doubt it), but it gives me less reason to pull. My wyrmite is likely safe, unless the new characters/dragon are absolutely broken.

dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

Edit: Strange, it seems the previous Valentine's characters are now in the general pool now? It means Hildegarde should be ticketable next time a Dream Summon comes around. It probably means the new characters will remain exclusive for a year, and then the same thing will happen next year. Assuming the pattern holds. Interesting.

I don't think Reddit will be calmed down, the fact that so many people use every wyrmite they had lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Reddit will be calmed down, the fact that so many people use every wyrmite they had lol
Haha, that's true.

I made a joke on Reddit about this banner doing horribly profit-wise, due to being followed by a Zodiac, G! Luca and both MH banners (which were all limited), and the fact that many of the players resources (financial and otherwise) being tapped out, resulting in Cygames never giving them another 5* male banner character ever again. Obviously that's not true, but can you imagine?

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The DL Twitter specifically stated that Fleur would be getting a Valentine's story. Maybe she'll be a 4-star Limited like Ezelith was last year? With the new video format we basically never know about 4-stars until they're live, having 3 new 5-star focuses means we won't see them in a preview (Joachim showed up on Kirsty's since she was the only new 5-star).. Guess we'll see next reset.

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Really hope there's a fleur alt since she's mostly replaced by mitsu now and is one of my favorite adventurers.

Pulling a numberfox to post some valentine fleur art:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Was V!Orion the most recent 3* adventurer added to the pool? Vida and Xiao Lei were both before the valentine banner last year, right? If that's true, this will mark it a full year since we've had any new 3* adventurers. We definitely need some more, unless they are finished with adding any 3* content.

Also, the banner text indicates that while last year's Valentine limited units are going to be on the banner, they will ALSO be on other banners in the future (like the new dragon), so it seems like they might be in the permanent pool now. Adding last year's limiteds after the current year's new limiteds come in is certainly an interesting, but welcome move, if you ask me. I am still missing V!Hilde, and wouldn't mind being spooked by her in future banners.

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely pushing that poison meta. The new dragon will help there for sure.

V!Melody could be interesting giver her support kit, S1 debuff and non-standard co-ability. Guess they remembered that wind units have poison too!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since I try to post most of the fan art I've already posted in Discord, I'm pretty backlogged by about 3 weeks or so when it comes to posting fan art here. People just make so much on a daily basis.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wish Melody's and Addis' new alts stood out more from their original versions (design-wise). It's baffling that Melody just got a fancier maid dress. That seems more like what she'd get for a straight up permanent 5 stars version, rather than a seasonal alt.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still missing Vilde, but unless she Spirals her way into having a role that HLowen and Verica don't fill, she'd unfortunately be yet another 5* that I would have been extremely happy to get many months earlier and now would not ever touch. Meanwhile, I'd be glad to get the new 5*s and will pull a bit for them, but... as is I'm a little skeptical of them shaking up things much, though willing to be pleasantly surprised if they're solid in practice?

Maybe Addis will end up being great for Agito or something, but he now has a lot of competition, hmm. And similarly Melody could maybe replace a Welly, but I'm on the verge of trying to clear mHMS to get Victor his HD2 anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it being harder to do Mercury as her.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. These collab events just drag on for a little too long. Tired of doing the trials and raids to complete the dalies.

Also not really getting anywhere with endgame. Currently trying to do expert Agito and eHZD. I screwed myself out of expert agito by making a hdt2 blade. I've completed it on HLowen before, but it's a pain in the ass to find a party with my lower might score. With eHZD, I just have a Goof with void weapon, which also makes it tough to find a party. I just haven't had the patience to invest the time to even get something going lately.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm preparing to do Expert High Mercury. I read that I need 2521 HP to survive the HP check without the Mercury Wyrmprint. With Augments, my Victor has 2346 +200 showing. Is that 200 automatically calculated to give me a total 2346 HP, or does the +200 add to what's shown to give me 2546 HP? Also, would 3467 +100 Strength be enough?

What's your weapon/prints/dragon? It's hard to judge just on strength with Vayu in the mix.

And stats depend on how you look at them. On the team screen, it does include the augments. From your team, look at Victor's character screen/profile/whatever and they'll be separated; sounds like you may be looking at that and are fine. Tap the icon next to your stats to toggle whether you're seeing them augmented (the stats will be yellow when they're included).

Ugh. These collab events just drag on for a little too long. Tired of doing the trials and raids to complete the dalies.

Also not really getting anywhere with endgame. Currently trying to do expert Agito and eHZD. I screwed myself out of expert agito by making a hdt2 blade. I've completed it on HLowen before, but it's a pain in the ass to find a party with my lower might score. With eHZD, I just have a Goof with void weapon, which also makes it tough to find a party. I just haven't had the patience to invest the time to even get something going lately.

Do you have Rena? I have run with her without issue, so you can still get use out of that blade if so. May not exactly be meta but it's not too out there. If you only have Mikoto, might not be possible then, oof.

...honestly, worst case, if you can theoretically get some clears as HLowen but can't easily farm as him... you may just want to use your weeklies to MUB a 6* over the course of a month? That'd at least be less of a struggle.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have Rena? I have run with her without issue, so you can still get use out of that blade if so. May not exactly be meta but it's not too out there. If you only have Mikoto, might not be possible then, oof.

...honestly, worst case, if you can theoretically get some clears as HLowen but can't easily farm as him... you may just want to use your weeklies to MUB a 6* over the course of a month? That'd at least be less of a struggle.

Yeah I have Rena. But then you're pretty much limited to making the room yourself and then spend a good 5 minutes watching a wave of people come in and leave until you finally get three people to ready up. Then someone dies in the first minute of the fight and you repeat the process again. I got the clear once as H!Lowen, but it pretty much requires near-flawless play, especially using P!Siren. Making my own parties means I can't set a decent might requirements, which allows people thinking they can roll in with a core tier 3.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Starting today, Chocolatiers is no longer a limited Wyrmprint, so now any endgame builds that relies on it like Verica, Thaniel, or G! Eli can be made at any time~

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't planning on summoning for this showcase at all because I wasn't interested in any of the limited units. But then I saw Vayu was rated up. I didn't have him for my Victor for High Mercury (been using Roc), and that actually tipped me over the edge. Ideally, I wanted multiple copies so I wouldn't have to use Sunlight Stones. I decided to use everything I had until I got all the limited characters. After that, I couldn't justify rolling this banner just for Vayu. I was hoping that I would get a couple copies by the time I either rolled everyone or all of my Wyrmite, whichever came first.

After 14k Wyrmite and about 35 tickets, I ended up with one Vayu, Melody, Addis, and Epimethius, haha. Addis came on the very last multi too.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Characters dressed up in amazing outfits in official art and Wyrmprints but not receiving an alt wearing those same outfits?

Not the first time and won't be the last. :/

It feels annoying here because she did get an alt, it just was a very underwhelming one that looked way too close to her default design. But this illustration shows they easily could have done better.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
"Atoning King" title is fighting for its life against the new "Louise's Older Brother" title

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is the last limited banner for a while. That gauntlet of XMas, New Year's, Gala, Monster Hunter Part 1 and 2 and now Valentine's has drained every last Wyrmite.

Used the last of my Wyrmite to chase after Vayu since that was going to be my next Dream Summon target. Pulled V!Melody, V!Addis and 3x Epimethius. No Vayu; CyGames knows I'll spend that Diamantium for him.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The Valentine's message lines are actually English dubbed as well. Was not expecting that.

Epimetheus got a lot of fan art shortly after his reveal.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Decided to save my wyrmite for Gala/half-anniversary but I'll be opening my wallet for Delphi since he's my ticket for HZD

Edit: HJP

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Where do I fight a valentines slime?

So glad they are giving out the new MC orbs.

Valentine's Slime and Choco Golems replace the regular rare enemy spawns. Valentine's Slimes are the lower rarity ones so you might try the lower difficulties of quests. For example, either the slime or the golem can spawn in Avenue to Fortune Master, but only the slime can spawn in Beginner.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's Slime and Choco Golems replace the regular rare enemy spawns. Valentine's Slimes are the lower rarity ones so you might try the lower difficulties of quests. For example, either the slime or the golem can spawn in Avenue to Fortune Master, but only the slime can spawn in Beginner.
Yup, I was just about to say that thats where I got mine, thanks!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It feels annoying here because she did get an alt, it just was a very underwhelming one that looked way too close to her default design. But this illustration shows they easily could have done better.

Yup. Now don't get me wrong, the design we got is certainly very cute, but no one could convince me that a Sweater Melody wouldn't entice players to spend more.

The Valentine's message lines are actually English dubbed as well. Was not expecting that.

Epimetheus got a lot of fan art shortly after his reveal.

Thanks for the heads-up on this! I probably would've missed it since I just naturally assumed the voice lines would be Japanese-only as usual.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
As much as I also prefer the Sweater Melody over Valentine's Melody, I don't think the Sweater Melody design itself has much to do with Valentine's or maids, it's more a casual outfit like what Cibella/Hildegarde wear in the Heavenly Holidays Wyrmprint, which is probably why they opted for the official Valentine's design.

Did not stop folks from drawing a lot of Sweater Melody fan art though, almost as much as Valentine's Melody.