• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/Dragami_Games/status/1609323589588721668

Coparison:

View: https://twitter.com/TravisDiesAgain/status/1609361938835771394

View: https://twitter.com/yasudaD5/status/1606605605141155841

1500x500

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I never expected it to much of an improvement but that model is still underwhelming.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm lost by what's meant by "looks to be new ss" but I am still suffering with flu, can someone explain please?

I think the new model looks good, would be weird if they didn't update it with the rest of the graphics.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
It looks the same to me.
Hope they make some adjustments to the gameplay. The game was fun, but could be improved.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It's like they took the old picture and use one those beautify social media filter.

Oh yeah, the old model was definitely were based off Tara Strong face herself. Sad the game is losing that.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any yassification going on. They gave her the pointy anime chin and made her nose smaller.
Very slight changes but I like the OG better.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Original > Filter > Modified.jpg

Modified.jpg > Filter > Modified2.jpg

Repeat 5 times.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
This doesn't look like a new model but a (terribly) shop job from marketing department. I mean body and clothing highlights are exactly the same in both versions (just with a lighter tone) which would be nearly impossible if they had remade or tweaked the assets.

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
At the very least it's not an HD Tidus situation and that's good enough for me.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Looks like she's closer to Japanese standards of beauty where as the original looks like it's aiming for western standards.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
This is more like when they had to shrink Aerith's nose and jaw in FFVIIR to appease Japan.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
It really does look like a Photoshop touch up or a filter. The shading/lighting and hair across both models looks a bit too similar to be a complete model rework. Not to mention the blending on that chin looks like amateur Photoshop. I suspect they wanted a side-by-side and just super-imposed the new face while trying to blend it to the old artwork, which really doesn't speak well to the scope of a remake if this is how they highlight their new player model.

That aside, I feel like the new design lacks some of the character of the original. It's a far safer design with a more Japanese beauty aesthetic (small face, sharp chin, less prominent nose). Could just be exacerbated by bad Photoshop though.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care about this remaster but it's just a photoshopped render. I'm waiting to see more about tangible changes but also Suda is not involved so..

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that isn't a new render. It's a photoshop post-work of the original render. All the details and lighting are the same, they lightened the image and applied touch up on the face.

You can even see how the body still has that dated shading from that generation where there's a dark line of shadow right next to the bright rim light, but that they photoshopped it away on the face.

Apr 5, 2022
Not sure why people are just quickly assuming this is what the Remake is ultimately going to look like? It's just a "Be Back in 2023" post and nothing more. I would rather wait for a trailer before "foaming" at the mouth xD Plus weren't people "complaining" fearing about them changing her art style/look in the remake but now it's a issue that it looks similiar to the original? *Shrug.* Regardless though, I'm just happy Lollipop Chainsaw is coming back playable on modern platforms, be it a full on remake or a remaster? I'm happy.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot even begin to comprehend this being a serious post
Maybe we're just operating on different understandings of the word obvious. As an aside, I'm not saying there's no difference. It is in fact easy to see with the side by side. I'm just not convinced that people would be able to point out anything's changed if the original wasn't included in the OP.