• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tfw Bardock actually ended up looking cooler than Broly in this

Well, not that that was a high bar I suppose.

Alfman

Oct 27, 2017
But when will Broly and Bardock release?

Edit: Ah, nice

Last edited:

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
his air normals shown in the vid look like adult gohans but without the absurd length of gohan's legs/arms

wish they showed more normals but eh, what can ya do

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
God I hate these 30 second trailers. They don't show anything.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
If they add Black hair Goku and Ultra instinct Silver Goku we could have a match with all 6 characters comprised of this character model.

Hilarious.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a retcon. That manga/Special is about a alternate timeline. The question here is that the team in the game picked it even if it's non-canon, which they can do since Broly isn't. Either way, it's official but not canon.

It's also not like there's a lot to work with in regards to Bardock in canon DBZ. Basically all he does is get blown up by Freeza.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Bardock doesnt even go SSJ in the anime before his death, his only transformation was in the future past flashback special OVA. Does that mean, that that horrible future past OVA is canon now?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
These trailers are seriously the freaking worst thing. With Broly I had a vague understanding what his gameplay would be like, but here? No clue.

At least we have a date now. His theme sounds pretty neat too.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
These trailers continue to be crap.

And man... not too into that Japanese voice.

We finally have a release date for both characters though, so that's good.

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
Can't believe people are asking if Bardock Super Saiyan is canon when he's getting released alongside Broli in a game where Gohan goes SS while being in his Ultimate state. It's a videogame, people. Canon never mattered from the start.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Bardock Super Saiyan ? What is this shit ?
From the stupid thing where he time travelled into the past and became a super saiyan and beat on Freeza's tiny ancestor who wore a wrestling singlet. Because they had to make Bardock a SSJ because they needed to ruin an otherwise fine character from a one off special.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Glad we got such an extensive look at how he plays.

Wait.

Learn to make fucking trailers.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
While I'm disappointed Base Vegeter isn't the first DLC, I can understand why they did that. People were already complaining about lack of variety so including another Goku and another Vegeter as the first DLC would really piss people off lol.

Both characters look fun though, excited to get my hands on them.

Oct 27, 2017
Bardock doesnt even go SSJ in the anime before his death, his only transformation was in the future past flashback special OVA. Does that mean, that that horrible future past OVA is canon now?
Well given that Broly has been put in instead of Kale, I think its fair to say that the developers don't care about canon and just want to include characters that are popular. I won't be shocked if Janenba and Gogeta get added in.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

Calm down, people. Broly is in the game and he still isn't canon. The developers are just using what they can to give a DLC character a moveset.

FA!S

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm personally glad it's not going full on canon, seeing as that I do not agree with stuff from Super.
To add to this, I wouldn't want to miss out on awesome characters from the movies and GT.

About Bardock's transformation, is it only during his super, like Goku when he turns SSJ3? Or is it like Frieza with his Golden transformation?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well given that Broly has been put in instead of Kale, I think its fair to say that the developers don't care about canon and just want to include characters that are popular. I won't be shocked if Janenba and Gogeta get added in.

No.

It means that they made Broly long before Kale even existed.

Plus Kale got another form anyway. But she turned into support fodder for Caulifla so yeah...

I'm personally glad it's not going full on canon, seeing as that I do not agree with stuff from Super.

32621.jpg

200w.gif