• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of ToP characters makes sense. The DLC list was most likely partially finalized before ToP came out, and the only reason 17 made the cut was they already have existing assets for him, not need for a brand new character like you would need for Jiren and Kefla.

Also money reasons. Release a ToP focused sequel, expansion pack, or season 2. Print money.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Why use Broly when you have the superior, canon version though?
And yes I'm well aware that the game probably had its base roster finalized by the time ToP came around, but surely TVTokyo shared some behind the scenes stuff with ArcSys, right?

All in all very disappointing list, though. Cooler's the only exciting thing here. Everything else is trash or redundant in a game with a more limited roster size than traditional DB games. Here's hoping Season 2 will be better.
One of the biggest takeaways from this is that it confirms Vergeben's leak even more.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7niilu/leakileaks_part_ii_a_statement_of_previous_ones/
Oh God please let us get Zarbon and Raditz. And I can totally believe Japan really wanting base Goku and Vegeta, for whatever reason.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The lack of ToP characters makes sense. The DLC list was most likely partially finalized before ToP came out, and the only reason 17 made the cut was they already have existing assets for him, not need for a brand new character like you would need for Jiren and Kefla.

Also money reasons. Release a ToP focused sequel, expansion pack, or season 2. Print money.
Having a model is only half of the work. They still have to animate & shade each frame of movement for DBS 17 (assuming this leak pans out).

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing tops Xenoverse 2, the game with 100+ characters, using GT Kid Goku instead lol
Wait, so GT Kid Goku? Meaning the boring Kid Goku, and not the one with the power pole, flying nimbus and that transform into a great ape/Ōzaru?

...I'm speechless.
giphy.gif

Edit: I guess GT Kid Goku can transform into an Ōzaru now that I think about it, but still.

ScottJay01

Dec 29, 2017
Biggest thing I wanted was Raditz, Piccolo could have had a dramatic finish the makankosappo if goku is in the party he grabs raditz

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The leak says "Park Ranger 17" so he won't be wearing the Cell saga outfit he has in the story mode or as 18's assist.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
This sucks butt but I guess it's a good problem to have overall.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
This is such a DBSuper advertisement unfortunately, I only care about DB what came before GT.
Too many characters I have no interest in.

Base goku and vegeta should have been there instead of whatever are beer us or wine rosé songoku things.
But that's just me.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This is such a DBSuper advertisement unfortunately, I only care about DB what came before GT.
Too many characters I have no interest in.

Base goku and vegeta should have been there instead of whatever are beer us or wine rosé songoku things.
But that's just me.

Like...almost none of those characters are from Super.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Why use Broly when you have the superior, canon version though?
And yes I'm well aware that the game probably had its base roster finalized by the time ToP came around, but surely TVTokyo shared some behind the scenes stuff with ArcSys, right?

All in all very disappointing list, though. Cooler's the only exciting thing here. Everything else is trash or redundant in a game with a more limited roster size than traditional DB games. Here's hoping Season 2 will be better. Oh God please let us get Zarbon and Raditz. And I can totally believe Japan really wanting base Goku and Vegeta, for whatever reason.
They probably don't share since they are still very tight lipped even when it comes to working with the English VA crew they have worked with for the last 20 years.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
ah man i hope this isn't real, i was really hoping for janemba since he would have a very interesting move set

ngl, gonna be pretty disappointed in cooler gets in and janemba doesn't

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to tell everyone over and over in past threads not to get their hopes up about ToP characters until a second season/version/sequel... yet here we are.

Also: re the people trying to point out these are just Avatars. Yes, they are, but they're the only Avatars not currently in the game. And no non-playable character has multiple Avatars. All of these characters have at least two (or would have at least two, in 17's case), except Cooler. So it's pretty surefire that they are for the DLC characters.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who even cares about Ranger C-17, there are already three and a half cyborgs in the game, who asked for one more

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would have preffered Majin Vegeta and Janemba but I guess we cant have all winners. Actually excited for Base Goku.

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
The season pass is $35 and they're counting Base Goku and Vegeta towards it. That's pretty scummy.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
They probably don't share since they are still very tight lipped even when it comes to working with the English VA crew they have worked with for the last 20 years.
Wow, really? This would mean Lucasfilm is less tight-lipped than TVTokyo. That's pretty freakin' wild.
Because no one thinks this, like hahah fun memes but. Broly is a popular dude

And because the character in question is actually much more interesting when they are not trying to be broly.
I just don't get why Broly's popular I guess. He yells a lot? Woohoo?
True on that last bit though.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, really? This would mean Lucasfilm is less tight-lipped than TVTokyo. That's pretty freakin' wild. I just don't get why Broly's popular I guess. He yells a lot? Woohoo?
True on that last bit though.
He's a guy who fucks shit up and is big and strong.

That's it. He's the juggarnaut or eddie brock Venom, or the hulk with the interesting bruce banner part

Sometimes you just wanna see a do go ham, Broly IS HAM

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to tell everyone over and over in past threads not to get their hopes up about ToP characters until a second season/version/sequel... yet here we are.

Also: re the people trying to point out these are just Avatars. Yes, they are, but they're the only Avatars not currently in the game. And no non-playable character has multiple Avatars. All of these characters have at least two (or would have at least two, in 17's case), except Cooler. So it's pretty surefire that they are for the DLC characters.
Yeah.

I'm not even gonna get on people if this is true because hey everyone gets disappointed. Some people just don't get how this works. I mean it happens. Either way the positive thing about this game's release is that it's a huge success so at the end of the day all of our favorites will be in there. Just takes time.

ASW will make everyone fun.

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
There's a chance these might just be lobby avatars based on the video OP posted. Apparently you can already use Ranger 17 as an avatar.

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watch it be like a Xrd type expansion with DB characters all at once with Bulma, Roshi, kid Goku and all.

Day one.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
See, I legit think base Goku and Vegeta are gonna be great. Or, at least, they can be great.

Give Base Goku an interesting Kaioken system and his stretchy pole. Have a spirit bomb super that's more powerfulthe more alive teammates you have, or maybe even have a system where he has to gather energy in the match to power up the spirit bomb, kinda like Beowulf's hype system from skullgirls.

Base Vegeta is hopefully Saiyan Vegeta. Which is not only a pretty damn different design from his regular but could also give him access to stuff like Ozaru as a super. I'm not sure they could implement that as a transformation but at the very least it makes for a flashy move.

Although people saying no ToP characters do know that Ranger 17 is a ToP character, right? Unless he's just gonna have the design and non of the fun super moveset...

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Eh, the other list was more exciting, but I'll take it. Especially for 17.

Base Vegeta will only be worth it if he turns into an Oozaru for a level 3.

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a chance these might just be lobby avatars based on the video OP posted. Apparently you can already use Ranger 17 as an avatar.
Nope. You cannot currently use Ranger 17 as an Avatar, only original Cell saga 17.

And all characters with 2 or more Avatars are playable. So he (and the rest of these) will be playable.

Here's all the Avatars currently in the game:

Igama

Oct 27, 2017
So the other list that included the Xenoverse guy was fake? Because it was way better than this one lol.

I'd still be in for Vegetto and Zamasu at least, though.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Uhm...

Strange Raditz is not part of this since he's already a playable character in Extreme Butoden

Then, If more Goku and Vegeta are really in...
*hysterical laugh*

They could've opted for DBS Trunks if they wanted another interestibg version of a existent character

Guess they can't be bothered putting in some work

I hope people didn't buy the Season Pass

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Disappointing that there aren't more Super characters but curious about those new modes.
I really hope they are meaty single player modes, even though the names do sound a bit mp inspired.