• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Considering the layout on the character select screen placing heroes on the left and villains to the right. I expect the DLC roll out to fill out the spaces appropriately with one hero character and one villain character in sets of two until all eight DLC characters are revealed.

Bardock being on the hero side of the select screen and Broly on the villain side. This doesn't surprise me since rumored DLC leaks list four heroes and four villains in total.

As expected. Interested in seeing how Broly plays.

I hope they are faithful to his moveset in the first movie. Dashing grabs and whatnot. Although it's not surprising his Giant Green projectile is one of his supers. I wonder if it would be out of place for Broly to have one-hit super armor like Zangief or Hulk in the Marvel games. It would fit since in his first movie appearance he seems to just walk into attacks just to grab and throw. A giant muscular grappler type would be different and be an appropriate moveset for Broly.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what people expected. Those two were more of a lock than Beerus. People were more surprised they weren't in from the start, just accepted they would be more profitable if they were on the DLC roster instead

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to really complain. They're still infinitely better than the inclusion of "Base" Goku and Vegeta. Those two are the real "wasted spots" on this pass.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to really complain. They're still infinitely better than the inclusion of "Base" Goku and Vegeta. Those two are the real "wasted spots" on this pass.

True enough

Saiyan Saga versions however are still one of the most popular eras for either character and they will sell. Those two definitely seem "for Japan" though considering the demands aparrently

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I had to play story mode to get 21. (Of course, I bought the game + season pass edition.)

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
If you buy the season pass you can "buy" a free DLC that unlocks 21 early.

I discovered this after the fact and was very sad.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'd suggest double-checking that's the case, because I only have what someone here told me as proof!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Here's some datamined stuff to discuss in this thread. Just some more small stuff, but here it is:
  • There are placeholder slots for Color 13-29 and Special 2-21 for Avatars which aren't currently used. Most likely placeholder, but it is possible we could get more colors in the future. Special 1 is listed as "Color 40", so the fact that Color 13-29 exist and 30-39 don't might mean something.
PEXgabA.png

• Last time I checked people weren't 100% sure about which forms of Vegito and Zamasu would be playable (though it should be obvious). Below is the order of the unreleased avatars within the game -
    [*][*]Broly (SS)
    [*]Goku (Base)
    [*]Vegeta (Base)
    [*]Bardock (Base)
    [*]Fused Zamasu
    [*]Vegito (Base)
    [*]Bardock (SS)
    [*]Zamasu
    [*]Broly (Base)
    The playable versions of the characters are listed first and the non-playable versions are listed second (confirmed by the Broly/Bardock reveal).
  • I tried to find something else kind-of important but this game is mined dry until any future updates. The last thing I found were four references to "eShop", but they were all coincidental (I was so excited about finding this part that I posted this early so that's pretty disappointing). But I did find a file called "fuck" among the files for (what I think are) different attack effects. That's a good compromise, right?
v3zsuuF.png

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Does Tapion even have a shot at making the roster? He was only in Xenoverse 2 through a dlc pack, and even in that pack Android 13 got top billing over him in promotions.

I do not believe any supposed leak that would include characters outside of Xenoverse 2's launch roster, DBS characters too new for that launch roster, and maybe, just maybe, big name non-flying characters since flying isn't as big of a requirement in the FighterZ system.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's pretty strange that Cooler isn't part of this first batch. He has more references in the game than most of the other DLC characters (besides Saiyan Saga Goku and Vegeta's models) with the announcer call and his placement in the message list.
He is in the first FighterZ Pass, unless you mean the first pair of DLC characters.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sorry about the bump & the double-post, but there was more evidence proving that the datamined list from this past January will indeed be our FighterZ Pass characters.

Also, it looks like Vegito Blue will be the Vegito that'll be playable. Speaking of whom, if the listing is anything to go by, Vegito Blue & Fused Zamasu are likely next in line to be added to the game (plus there's the fact that their lobby avatar models were added in this update).

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I'm honestly kinda worried that Base Goku may eliminate the need for Kid Goku if the former gets the Power Pole.
Ugh, the fuck why? Why even have base Goku in the game and then give him a weapon he doesn't even use as an adult? I recently rewatched DBZ and this dude never pulls out the Power Pole. That would be insulting to me. I would be mad as fuck. Like, for real.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ugh, the fuck why? Why even have base Goku in the game and then give him a weapon he doesn't even use as an adult? I recently rewatched DBZ and this dude never pulls out the Power Pole. That would be insulting to me. I would be mad as fuck. Like, for real.
He used it in the Garlic Jr. movie that was supposed to take place after the end of DB & before the start of DBZ.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Vegetto Blue being the version they were using was pretty obvious, especially when he was going to get paired with Fused Zamasu. Still, it's good to get confirmation. Vegetto Blue becoming the standard version of Vegetto is the best.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they actually left that backup file in there haha. But yeah good to have some confirmation in Vegetto Blue, I guess, though it was obvious enough to me.

Still not thrilled about Cooler but what can you do, at least now I'm actually excited about 17!

Oh and I really doubt base Goku will use the pole... I don't think he'll carry it at all.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To be fair, he did get Base Goku and Vegeta in addition to Broly and Bardock. Granted the latter two were pretty obvious, but no one guessed base forms of Goku/Vegeta.
That's the thing, he's mostly bullshit with a nugget or two of truth in the rubble. If the Reddit dude wasn't even confident in that Season 2 rumor, so why should we?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing, he's mostly bullshit with a nugget or two of truth in the rubble. If the Reddit dude wasn't even confident in that Season 2 rumor, so why should we?
I'm just saying there's at least a sliver of a chance. He also wasn't sure about his supposed SFV source which got all of Season 3 right down to the completely new characters.