• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well the game has officially been datamined, and the full list of DLC characters seems to have been uncovered:
  • Broly - CONFIRMED 2/17/18
  • Bardock - CONFIRMED 2/17/18
  • Zamasu (With Fused?)
  • Vegito (Blue?)
  • Cooler
  • Android 17 (Ranger)
  • Base Goku
  • Base Vegeta
There also appears to be two more modes called "Z Union" and "Z League".

Will be interested to see how this shakes out. Of course this would confirm the Reddit leak was (unfortunately) correct about Base Goku and Vegeta. But at least we get Android 17!

EDIT:

So for those of you who may say "But these are just Avatars!" A couple points:

Yes, they are, but they're the only Avatars not currently in the game. All of these characters have at least two (or would have at least two, in 17's case), except Cooler.

All characters with 2 or more Avatars are playable. And no non-playable character has multiple Avatars. So it stands to reason these -will- be playable.

Here's all the Avatars currently in the game:

Now, interestingly, all of these characters are clearly "paired up" except Cooler and 17.

Broly & Bardock
Vegito & Zamasu
Goku & Vegeta

I think it's possible they may be releasing these characters two at a time.

EDIT 2:

There's also this...

I'm only gonna say that. I do not have actual information on the season pass, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt, I could be mistaken, but piecing a few things together from what I know :

Cooler and Ranger 17 would be lobby avatars only. Offered as rewards for season pass owners, over those that just buy one character from time to time.

The work on the last two DLC characters has not started or has started very recently.

Cooler and 17 being avatars means they permanently ruled them out as being playable, ever, not season 1, not season 2.

So, it's possible that Cooler and 17 will not be DLC, but the other 6 surely are. Of course, it's also possible these two still will be DLC. 17 would still be the only non-playable character with two avatars if he's not, which I find somewhat unlikely. And Cooler would be the only post-launch avatar that isn't playable... also somewhat unlikely.

EDIT 3:
Someone got access to Textures and not just models now givingindication that work was done on Base Form Vegita in Saiyan armor with his tail.

EDIT 4:
Models have surfaced from the game's files of Saiyan Saga Vegeta:
DUqH4-bWsAEg10z.jpg

EDIT 5:

Post Patch:

I have already noticed something different from before the update. Cooler is now listed right next to the other playable characters in the list of quotes that you can tie to Z Stamps.
Tfrm9M4.png

Will Cooler be one of the first DLC characters released? That would honestly be unexpected. Also, there seems to be enough space in the numbering between the playable characters (Cooler being 794) and non-playable characters (Chiaotzu being 810) for 15 more characters, which would account for the rest of the FighterZ Pass and a second season. Most likely means nothing, but just food for thought.

EDIT 6:
So has anyone heard the announcer call for Cooler yet? If that's not proof he's part of the DLC yet then I don't know what would be.
https://twitter.com/Mastaklo/status/958503097466281985

EDIT 7:

EDIT 8:
Files for all 8 characters accidentally included in the Broly/Bardock update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQVgdt2NmXQ

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Aww man no kid Goku. But I'm actually hyped for Sayian saga Goku and Vegeta. Kaioken,spirit bombs,oozaru. People were crazy to think we would have a game without base Goku/Vegeta.

Vegeta-gokue.jpg

Last edited:

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They have a whole ToP with fighters from many different universes and yet they pick 4 characters that look like/are Goku/Vegeta. Safe as fuck.

Seriously where the fuck is Caulifla

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
wow that list is lame, give me fun characters like bulma or launch, not base goku and vegeta

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Base Goku and Vegeta can be very fun to implement, but I think there are other characters I want to see first than those two.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Cooler is dumb though. Meta Cooler is where it's at. Dragonball Z versus the Borg.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
There's no way not a single new character from the ToP saga makes it.

Android 17 would be a weak af choice to fill that role in the DLC.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Huh I don't think I've seen many people mention wanting Cooler, but I think that is a pretty interesting choice. Don't like bardock personally. Base Vegeta and Goku seem so redundant but I am still interested in seeing how they turn out even though I would have rather had pretty much anything else for variety sake.

The rest are cool. Hopefully this 17 pleases Slaythe.

Edit: Oh missed Broly. Not a big fan of him but I don't mind seeing him here.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
jesus are you kidding me with this base Goku and Vegeta shit? Like of all the characters you could put in you pick another version of Goku and Vegeta

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
Base Goku and Base Vegeta apparently was requested a ton by the Japanese fanbase who loved the play style of them in the 3ds game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Base Goku & Vegeta aside, that sounds like a solid first season. I know Max would be happy about Cooler getting in. Plus it's an even split of heroes (Bardock, 17, Vegito, Base Goku) & villains (Broly, Cooler, Merged Zamasu, Base Vegeta).

I'd mostly be in for Android 17, Merged Zamasu, & SSJB Vegito.

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Where the fuck are Master Roshi and Kid Goku? Half of the roster is Deviantart tier Goku reskins at this point.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
...They're adding another Goku? (Bardock)

They really should have added Roshi, with how much surprising emphasis he has gotten in Super. Oh well.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There's no way not a single new character from the ToP saga makes it.

Android 17 would be a weak af choice to fill that role in the DLC.
17 would technically be our ToP rep. Though I'd imagine that the likes of Jiren, Kefla, & Ribrianne would come next season.

These are lobby avatars, not characters.
The playable DLC characters would also need new lobby avatars, & they just so happen to be glaring omissions from the existing library of lobby avatars.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Bardock was one of the more fun characters in Extreme Butouden if I recall; he had a move where he chokes the opponent out and a fireball that he throws as he jumps back.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game seems fun but... the roster is so weak compared to...
iu

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blegh, was really hoping for more fun stuff like Roshi, Yajirobe, etc. The base roster is pretty fantastic so I was getting my hopes up for this, but I guess I can't complain overall. Still, I'd rather have someone lame like Raditz over all of these outside of 17

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other thread. That's actually...about what I expect for Season 1. You've got the "absolutely will be in S1" characters like Broly and Bardock, you've got the "disappointment" characters like Base Goku and Base Vegeta, you've got the "ok let's finish the Black Arc off" characters like Merged Zamasu and SSB Vegetto and then finally you've got the "ok let's give ya what you want" characters like Cooler and DBS Android 17.

Makes sense. If this is what we get then I'm not complaining. Everything lines up to what most of us have been predicting.