• SSB Vegeta
  • Android 21
Ultimate Edition ($109.99) includes:
  • The game
  • FighterZ Pack - 8 new fighters
  • Anime Music Pack - 11 tracks
  • Commentator Voice Pack
Latest DBFZ PV (Dec. 16, 2017)

Thanks to Balfour for the images above. :)

Controls

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm down on is that Season Pass price. It should be included for free for those who got the CE at the very least.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hoping they step up their character reveals as we're getting closer to release.

Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks and Super or Kid Buu next please.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Nappa can summon Saibamen
RiP Yamcha
Forever and ever and ever

Also Zangya for DLC please~

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
imgur hosted gifs seem to be crapping out atm.

Here's Klilyn instead.

GfcXvAtl.png

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I still don't know what my day 1 team is going to be.

All I know is that after stumping for him so long, Nappa is going to be on it!

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Still no concrete info on those DLC anime songs eh? Whatever they may be, between that, getting 8 extra characters and a guaranteed spot in the upcoming beta, Bamco pretty much has me hanging by the balls.

I am very much aware of all the bullshit that pre-order culture has created, but goddammit these people are making the Dragon Ball game of my dreams! I want to support the hell out of this.

I shall gracefully accept a most painful suplex at the hands of Jim "Sterdust" Sterling for my sins. Please have mercy on my soul.

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, it really bugs me that Android 17 seems to be part of Android 18's moveset...

I wonder who the 8 DLC fighters will be -- that seems like a lot of DLC fighters for a "season". How much is the pass listing for?

Definitely excited to pick this up early next year!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm only hoping for good things for DBFZ. It's shaping up to be everything that MVCI wasn't.
But on the same note, it's also something quite different.

Between this and BBCT, Arc is making a strong showcase to say that Capcom's one time "hold" on tag fighters is not going to be a thing any longer. And that's just great, for me.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
For some reason, it really bugs me that Android 17 seems to be part of Android 18's moveset...

I wonder who the 8 DLC fighters will be -- that seems like a lot of DLC fighters for a "season". How much is the pass listing for?

Definitely excited to pick this up early next year!

It would be neat, whenever Android 17 is added, he would have 18 in his moveset.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hoping the anime tracks end up being implemented similarly to how I overlayed the old Kikuchi tracks awhile back:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonball is the anime golden goose of the west, even slightly less shitty businessmen would probably get the marketing machine going hard. The hypothetical option to wait an additional half a year for the game release to get more characters into the game is not happening with how impatient people are. You sure aren't going to please anyone with a delay. All that won't excuse a 120 dollar or whatever package for me but others have already embraced that. ArcSys making the dollars with dragonball money is alright with me.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm down on is that Season Pass price. It should be included for free for those who got the CE at the very least.

I think the price is fine, but I agree it should be included in the CE. If not, there should be a package above the CE that includes everything. Doesn't make sense that there's no way to get everything in one complete bundle.

I feel as if they don't announce it very soon, it's just not happening.

As it is, you're only going to be able to play in the open beta if you preorder using the digital versions.

It's an open beta, so everyone can play on PS4 and Xbox One. In the US, digital pre-orders are the only way to get early access to that open beta. Europe allows you to get early access with physical and digital pre-orders.

Hoping they step up their character reveals as we're getting closer to release.

Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks and Super or Kid Buu next please.

We've been getting 2-4 reveals a month. How much more do you want them to step it up?

Still no concrete info on those DLC anime songs eh? Whatever they may be, between that, getting 8 extra characters and a guaranteed spot in the upcoming beta, Bamco pretty much has me hanging by the balls.

I am very much aware of all the bullshit that pre-order culture has created, but goddammit these people are making the Dragon Ball game of my dreams! I want to support the hell out of this.

I shall gracefully accept a most painful suplex at the hands of Jim "Sterdust" Sterling for my sins. Please have mercy on my soul.

Cha-La Head-Cha-La and We Gotta Power are the only two confirmed songs at the moment. Also, like I mentioned above, you don't have to pre-order to get into the beta. A pre-order just gives you early access. We also don't know how early. Could be a day, could be a week, could be a few hours.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction is that most of the DLC characters will be from Super.

The way they've been marketing the game is aimed at the older generation that grew up with Z, that's why characters like Ginyu and Nappa make sense. Those guys wouldn't buy a fighting game with characters they don't know, but the Super crowd will buy it for the classics and the Super characters.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're back, I'll give my predictions.

I say this.

Final Base Roster Characters
- Ultimate Gohan
- Gotenks
- Kid Buu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Black

And for the 8 DLC...

- Broly
- Bardock
- Janemba
- Omega Shenron
- Roshi
- DBS Trunks
- Merged Zamasu
- SSB Vegetto

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to buy it with the season pass, aren't I? Man...if it has Beerus or Whis, my wallet is done for.

Popular opinion is that Beerus is a lock, and most people are guessing he'll have Whis assists. It's just a question of whether or not Beerus is main roster or DLC.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hoping the anime tracks end up being implemented similarly to how I overlayed the old Kikuchi tracks awhile back:

This, folks, will make it the most authentic experience.

But on the same note, it's also something quite different.

Between this and BBCT, Arc is making a strong showcase to say that Capcom's one time "hold" on tag fighters is not going to be a thing any longer. And that's just great, for me.

Oh, yes. I'm so happy that the market is expanding and other developers are taking advantage of it. Lab Zero Games had the right idea of having what characters for your team in any combination. Wished more games ape that mechanic.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can I throw my hat in for Broly on the main roster please? He's the only character I care about making it!

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Nappa trailer really got me intrigued with his moveset so I hope that he would be fairly fun to play with. I already have some choices so it's going to become harder later on when they are going to announce few more characters like Beerus, Gotenks, Black Goku and Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.