• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stand how weak the hits feel in XV compared to the Tenkaichi series. The latter has so much more impact and force in each hit and XV feels annoyingly weak and the whole thing is just clunky.

Yep. The fights feel like slap battles most of the time. Hell, even the super moves barely feel like they have any impact because the party-based multiplayer means you don't get good cinematic moments.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I miss this game. You just cant take away a needle like this.... You have to ween us off slowly... Like let us keep playing til release day. But you narrow the playtime .... Or at least let us access some limited modes. It sucks going cold turkey like this

I am feeling the effects of withdrawal....

This tease is brutal

How do you use energy beams ? Tutorial didn't explain shit

huh it was just a QCF + S like the other guy says. I just kept using QCF & QCB for every character and autocombos which was enough to climb.

Last edited:

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I miss this game. You just cant take away a needle like this.... You have to ween us off slowly... Like let us keep playing til release day. But you narrow the playtime .... Or at least let us access some limited modes. It sucks going cold turkey like this

I am feeling the effects of withdrawal....
Yeah, for real lmao. Jonesing so bad here.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocking Goku SSB is near impossible, Namco really went loco with the Hard mode. Need to win 7 fights, but been on fight 4 for about 1 hour now. Facing a team of SSB Blue, SSB Vegeta and Trunks who are just broken

Hard, yes. Impossible, no.

So I finished the 7 course Arcade mode on Hard, took me a little over 2 hours and I got an overall grade of fucking C and so no Goku SSB unlocked (need grade A) :( in each fight I got S S A C C D C, once you lose a fight (and trust me you will) and retry, then you cant get higher than a C in that fight.
The AI on Hard mode has more health and deal more damage, if you get close to them in a fight they will combo your ass into multiple supers and take away 60-90% of your health. Even if you block low they will overhead you and still do big damage lol they only way I finished it was by spamming Super Dash into combos and supers

You basically have to get a perfect on 4/7 matches to get the A rank. If you get hit once you're losing enough health to drop you down to a B for that match. My winning run was S S S B B A B.

Probably. I truly don't know if you need to save it up, or just earn it

It is weird to lock them behind a lot of work. Especially for the masses of casual players

Just earn it.

I unlocked Vegeta through the 4 fight course on Hard mode, which was nowhere as difficult as the one needed for Goku. I just wonder how much Zeni is actually needed

300k/500k

Oct 26, 2017
Don't get caught by a Saibaman

I knew you had to be able to combo that diving grab from a vanish wallbounce!

I already knew that you could combo Giant Storm from it, but being able to combo his M Arm Break from it makes that all the more better. I'll be eager to give Nappa some proper practice--I couldn't figure him out in my limited beta time.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
trunks_goes_super_saiyan_2_by_strunton-daf0x8w.gif

Can't wait for my boy.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Well my mom and pop got FFDissidia Chinese sub ver, but told me to call on Monday to see if they were getting early copies or not before release date.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Can we get some tips to counter Super Dash into upcoming OT? Otherwise the new thread will be littered with complaints on every page

This isn't my video btw. But something like this will help newbies.

Also this goes without saying- we just need to have basic info about the common notation used for ArcSystemWorks games as it is different from MKX & IJ2, etc. You know just the 1 -> 6 image

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we get some tips to counter Super Dash into upcoming OT? Otherwise the new thread will be littered with complaints on every page

This isn't my video btw. But something like this will help newbies.

Also this goes without saying- we just need to have basic info about the common notation used for ArcSystemWorks games as it is different from MKX & IJ2, etc. You know just the 1 -> 6 image

It should be noted though that 2H will not punish a super dash that's right in your face. It's too slow so you're gonna have to either deflect, vanish or just plain block it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I love playing Nappa and stuff like this is why. So much damage and so easy to get it. You can hit chunks of that from about any situation too.

Also I have to second that the new OT is "Heaven or HFIL Lets Rock the Dragon"
That is a solid double reference to Guilty Gear and DBZ and its perfec beyond words.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never did the Final Chapters dubbed. I think I'll do that to pass the time. It seems appropriate.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Jiren gets skipped for dlc, his ol broke down boring ass.
Despite people "wanting the new hotness", there's virtually no chance he's in this first set of 8 characters. He's too new, his arc isn't even finished yet. And there's lots of other older characters that still could, and should, get in. He'll be in eventually though.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly crazy to me the game's out in the wild and the only thing we saw about 21 is her intro.

I need to see her moveset and assist like, yesterday.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They need to have some sort of timer on screen for x factor and installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.