• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would like this to happen. Maybe allow Vegeta to be the one to beats Beerus or however that's going to go.
I can't see this happening. I wonder if that'll ever even be a thing anyway, finding out that Beerus ordered Planet Vegeta's destruction.

One thing that annoys me is that Vegeta is always playing catch up. He rarely gets something before Goku and the rare times he does it's a one-off (Majin) or simply not a good form (USSJ). I'd like to see them give Vegeta something unique, even if Goku eventually surpasses him in power with another new form or ability.

Goku goes SSJ, next arc Vegeta goes SSJ. Goku goes SSGSS, next arc Vegeta gets SSGSS. When is Vegeta finally going to get something that isn't just a "me too" following Goku?
Vegeta should get the white/silver hair, the most fanfiction of Saiyan transformations.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Evo is 7 months after release. I would be surprised if we don't know all of the DLC by then. At most it would be the final DLC announcement(s) for season one.

I think it really depends how they intend to release the characters. If it's 2 at a time for 4 months straight, then absolutely. If it's 1 at a time then we may not have them all before EVO. Which is pretty normal for fighting games in their year of release. EVO typically will then just limit it to whatever DLC was released prior to 2 months before the tournament (Although this rule has been waived in recent years due to the publishers sponsoring EVO -- ie, giving them money). Pretty sure several games this year and last year had character release only a few weeks before the tournament and they still ended up being usable.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I think it really depends how they intend to release the characters. If it's 2 at a time for 4 months straight, then absolutely. If it's 1 at a time then we may not have them all before EVO. Which is pretty normal for fighting games in their year of release. EVO typically will then just limit it to whatever DLC was released prior to 2 months before the tournament (Although this rule has been waived in recent years due to the publishers sponsoring EVO -- ie, giving them money). Pretty sure several games this year and last year had character release only a few weeks before the tournament and they still ended up being usable.

My guess it 2 characters every other month or 1 character a month. Either way, we should have 6-7 by Evo and would probably already know the 8th.

As far as DLC characters allowed at Evo, the cutoff is one month before. So next year it would be early July cutoff.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im not much of a fighter game guy, not much for learning combo, and it's been a while i've followed anything Dragon Ball related but the style look really really cool (compared to xenoverse 2) so im thinking more and more about it... but probably no friend to play with

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My guess it 2 characters every other month or 1 character a month. Either way, we should have 6-7 by Evo and would probably already know the 8th.

As far as DLC characters allowed at Evo, the cutoff is one month before. So next year it would be early July cutoff.
That really depends on how far the characters are. I wouldn't expect a character too soon after release

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Im not much of a fighter game guy, not much for learning combo, and it's been a while i've followed anything Dragon Ball related but the style look really really cool (compared to xenoverse 2) so im thinking more and more about it... but probably no friend to play with

This game has auto-combos that look flashy, are super easy to do, and will actually inflict halfway decent damage. They're no where near optimized, but it's better than auto-combos in most other fighters. It should make the game a lot more enjoyable for casual players.

That really depends on how far the characters are. I wouldn't expect a character too soon after release

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing they release the first character or pair of characters in late March.

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played the beta. Love the look and feel of the game so far. Hoping to see more variety in the combos after launch. They've been kind of samey this far between the characters

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If I want to get back into dragon ball, should I go manga or the remake of the anime?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Always the manga, it's the best version of the story.
I disagree.

Dragon Ball Kai is superior to the manga.

A lot of the Filler they left in is really good. I think the only filler that was bad is the hell ones in the Boo arc.

Still if you have time read the manga too.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted another rumor over at Reddit:
Before I begin, I was the person who leaked that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Enchantress would be in Injustice 2's Fighter Pack 3 two weeks before they were revealed last night. Not only that, but I made a big compiled post of leaks here that you can read that includes Dragon Ball FighterZ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

3 of the DLC characters I've heard of include Broly, Regular Goku (it was noted to me that he does use the Spriit Bomb), and Regular Vegeta. This is something I know is going to be highly controversial and I will get into why further down. Three more characters that I know about but not their status of launch or DLC are Bardock (whom I originally heard would be DLC, but that was only from one source that I have never heard back from), Raditz (I was told that he'd be DLC by only one source in particular), and Goku Black (in his Rose form)

I was told that Goku Black was even finished 3 months ago, and that Broly, Regular Goku, and Regular Vegeta were finished during the game's main development with Goku Black. I think people should make some noise if those 3 (or 4 if Goku Black is withheld) were made alongside the launch game, but are going to be held back as DLC like I've been told.

With the controversy out of the way, there is a Switch port in the works. Unreal Engine 4's UE4.15 is Switch-friendly, so that may explain why the Switch port is coming later. I do not know what Unreal Engine 4 version it uses for the others. The much demanded Nintendo Switch version will likely come out next year in the autumn or winter.
For some personal history, the season pass was originally leaked to me as some exclusive pass featuring saiyans (I originally heard about Broly and Bardock being DLC characters). Since the FighterZ Pass was revealed, I've heard much more since originally leaking those two. I've been told the game will be supported for 2 years by multiple sources. I don't know if that pass of 8 characters accounts for the first year or both. I am going to assume it means just the first year. Bandai Namco is reportedly, according to the people I have talked to, taking a very serious approach with this game having a lengthy life and long term support. Including an esports push.
I have a few different sources regarding this game as I said. Every source that I've talked to has told me that Broly, Regular Goku, and Regular Vegeta have all been heard about and agreed upon as being DLC.

Source

Despite the fact that he called the INJ2 DLC, I still say take this with a grain of salt. Just seems very, very odd that ASW and Bandai Namco would think base versions of Goku and Vegeta are a good idea for a game with such a limited roster.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another Goku and Vegeta will be an overkill for me.

Except from Ultra Instinct Goku. He gets a free pass.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe they would sell you normal goku and vegeta and they would think people would be ok with that

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Source

Despite the fact that he called the INJ2 DLC, I still say take this with a grain of salt. Just seems very, very odd that ASW and Bandai Namco would think base versions of Goku and Vegeta are a good idea for a game with such a limited roster.
Please don't break my heart ARC :(

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if that rumor is true it sounds terrible.

Normal Goku & Vegeta, Raditz, Bardock, Broly... the season pass being mostly/all (?) saiyans? Who wants that?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Unless the "Normal" Vegeta was really a Saiyan arc Vegeta with a tail, scouter (not likely, considering the Ginyus don't have them) and Oozaru super, what would be the point? Even Majin Vegeta has a few more unique attacks to work with, in comparison.

And then there's Raditz. If the guy doesn't show up in the base roster, he should've missed the boat, imo.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Namco is shitty enough to cut characters.

I believe.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the same dude who seemed like he was just firing a shotgun blast at a wall with this a few months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...i_ssfv_dmc5_dbfz_and/?st=j9vtxot0&sh=46234c8c

He has a whole bunch of stuff that can be outright confirmed or deconfirmed when PSX happens so that's something.
It is indeed happening and going to be announced at PSX this year. Necro, Oro, Q, and Crimson Viper will be added as free characters as part of the free expansion.
Do I wish for DBFZ DLC to suck so SFV can be amazing?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
In no universe would they try to sell Raditz as DLC. DLC characters are going to be characters people would be excited to play as.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
No way in hell will regular Goku and Regular Vegeta be in the season pass. I refuse to believe that. They would be out of their minds if they think people will pay for that. I know I wont. But besides that I can see Broly and Black being held for DLC. Fingers crossed that Black makes it in the base roster tho.

And I wouldn't mind regular Vegeta and Goku in the base roster but it can't be taking spots from other characters. Like if everyone expects this game to have a 24 roster, those 2 better make it 26.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Maybe his SFV & MvCI stuff would be awesome, but I'm not too sure about if his DBFZ stuff panning out would be that great of a scenario.
I guess it could be better but for me it isn't that bad. Could be worse. MVCI stuff sounds amazing though, free characters and a new story? Sounds too good to be true.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017

Source

Definitely going to call BS on this one. Gets lucky with one reveal then thinks people will believe everything he says? Nah.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's horrible if that's true for DBFZ

Like I can believe Namco holding back characters, but to be that stupid to try and sell base Goku, Vegeta, and Raditz as DLC? Pls. this could be one of the best games ever with the worst DLC package ever aside from Broly and Black (if it is true)

I hope this guy is just lying. Don't make a lot of us turn to no confidence with this Namco

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
If the leak is true, i hope its like the free xenoverse dlc.

But even then. i'm still going to buy it all.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Regular Goku and Vegeta being one of the 8 characters would be totally whack.

When i was saying we gonna get a lot more Goku i was only joking ArcSys!

Doubt this is true and if at least they are free and not part of the 8.

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another goku and vegeta, holy shit haha. All these new and old characters that won't make it in and they go with a 3rd version of other characters...

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

Source

If that rumor is true than I honestly don't see myself dropping any money on the DLC. It is hard to believe that they would release those eight characters together. That would be a disaster.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
"Cutting" characters is whatever, that's just the reality of budgeting a video game. Wack ads characters for DLC can hit the bricks though. Regular goku and vegeta and raditz would be fine on the base roster, but not as DLC. That'd be straight horseshit.

I'm still buying the bundle Day 1. I can't not support this game

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
If you were Bamco and were going to hold back characters to make more money, would you really choose base Goku and Vegeta?

Status
Not open for further replies.