• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh sure, I meant that as "put his transformation in the game and don't listen to the haters" haha. I'd rather have it as an ultimate too as I prefer his base look anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan. Kid Buu is worst Buu.

I really hope that rumor about regular Goku and regular Vegeta being DLC is fake.

Wasted slots imo.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Kid Buu can't be the worst Buu when the black hole of blandless that is Super Buu exists.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to be weird for me now, it's Hiromi Tsuru's final performance as Bulma since she passed away today.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Saw the scans, I love that it's SSJ3 Gotenks instead of his normal form. Ssj3 has be too long ignored in Super, glad to see it being used here.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

tenor.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I leave for a couple hours and Kid Buu gets announced. Disappointing. Gohan and Gotenks are good to see, but Kid Buu is just such a nothing character.

Sad to hear about Bulma's VA. I don't have any attachment to the Japanese voices, but she's been at it for a long time. RIP.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I leave for a couple hours and Kid Buu gets announced. Disappointing. Gohan and Gotenks are good to see, but Kid Buu is just such a nothing character.

Sad to hear about Bulma's VA. I don't have any attachment to the Japanese voices, but she's been at it for a long time. RIP.
He is the final fight of Z. He is always going to be in

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
He is the final fight of Z. He is always going to be in

A few games that don't cover Buu Saga obviously don't have him, and for some weird reason none of the SNES games before Hyper Dimension do either. Other than that, he has a practically flawless track record.

If the final boss of the series wasn't there, it'd be a little weird.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps. It's still a shame that he's wasting a slot someone else could've taken up. None of the Buus are particularly good, but he's by far the worst one.

You not liking a character does not make them a wasted a slot.

How can he waste a slot? Are you implying there's a limit to this game's roster? In a game with long-term DLC in the works?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You not liking a character does not make them a wasted a slot.

How can he waste a slot? Are you implying there's a limit to this game's roster? In a game with long-term DLC in the works?

He has no personality, he only has Vanishing Ball as far as supers go, and all of his voice clips are unintelligible screeching. He's terrible.

And as for him wasting a slot? There is a finite limit for the roster - it's not like future characters are going to be free.

Instead of UI Vegeta i would take SSJ God Vegeta from the manga.

That's a...really specific want. I don't think most people even know Vegeta can go regular old SS God.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hate about Kid Buu... when actually he is the real Buu?
I don't hate Kid Buu but Super was better. Super Buu was around longer, was smarter, had more sides to his character, just seemed like a better villain. Seeing dude change to Kid Buu was sort of like, I mean I get it but it was weird.

Kid Buu's the "worst" out of Fat, Super and Kid tbh.

OnePark

Nov 12, 2017
Kid Buu was the final villain of his arc, so his inclusion makes sense. Dunno why folks aren't pissed at his inclusion. At least, so far, this roster isn't cluttered with every variation of every character ever.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Kid Buu but Super was better. Super Buu was around longer, was smarter, had more sides to his character, just seemed like a better villain.

Kid Buu's the "worst" out of Majin, Super and Kid tbh.

He did? Personally, Super Buu bores me to tears. Kid Buu had some funny antics at least.

Fat Buu is obviously the best Buu.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The reason Vegeta never showed it in the anime was because

Toriyama never wrote anything on Vegeta really training for god powers, he just has it after a time skip. He really just went right for Blue from then on. He also writes Super lossely. As long as the end results in his bullet points happen, it didn't matter how Toei or Toyotaro got each one done. So Toei never had a good idea to use red, or any reason to. Toyotaro, though, had ideas to use SSG/Red strategically. Toei eventually took this idea, but had Goku use it instead. so anyone who only follows the anime never sees Vegeta use it. It is only used in specific situations, even in the manga

There's no real reason he wouldn't have gotten the red form as its implied you need it and regular super saiyan to learn blue. But Toriyama never bothered with it

what's weird is that both anime and manga are considered canon for Toriyama because the differences don't really change any of the lore form him, but since the anime comes out first, many people will just follow that primarily

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Toriyama never wrote anything on Vegeta really training for god powers, he just has it after a time skip. He really just went right for Blue from then on. He also writes Super lossely. As long as the end results in his bullet points happen, it didn't matter how Toei or Toyotaro got each one done. So Toei never had a good idea to use red, or any reason to. Toyotaro, though, had ideas to use SSG/Red strategically. Toei eventually took this idea, but had Goku use it instead. so anyone who only follows the anime never sees Vegeta use it. It is only used in specific situations, even in the manga

There's no real reason he wouldn't have gotten the red form as its implied you need it and regular super saiyan to learn blue. But Toriyama never bothered with it
God damn it Toei, fuck.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
He did? Personally, Super Buu bores me to tears. Kid Buu had some funny antics at least.

Fat Buu is obviously the best Buu.

d81338e81346f5feb27270fbe38df739.jpg

That whole fight with Gotenks had me laughing more than anything Kid Buu did. By the time Kid Buu came around it just felt "different." With Super Buu he could be serious and calm, could be wild and angry, could be doing stuff like this, he actually had dialogue unlike with Kid Buu, that's before he started doing his major absorptions too.Being honest I can go back and watch a Super Buu clip any time but I can't tell you when the last time I went back and saw a Kid Buu clip. That's just me and yeah it sounds like I hate him, I don't, but he's probably the least of the "Big Bad 4" villains in Z that I enjoy. I'd say it goes Freeza then Vegeta then Cell and then Kid Buu.

And yeah Fat Buu's definitely the best, bar none.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it Toei, fuck.

Yeah remember when Goku used it to fight Dyspo? Changing back and forth as needed?

Vegeta did the exact same thing against Black in the manga long before that lol (changing back and forth)

but Goku did use Red against Hit in the manga(though he was only conserving energy until he figured out Hit. not doing what Vegeta was pulling by transforming only to attack)

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017

what's weird is that both anime and manga are considered canon for Toriyama because the differences don't really change any of the lore form him, but since the anime comes out first, many people will just follow that primarily

The manga really makes Vegeta shine and look like a good person. The anime makes him look like an ass and gives Goku credit for some of the things he has done.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Super excited for Kid Buu, my team at the moment is looking:

Trunks, SS/B Vegeta and Kid Buu.
No.18, Kid Buu, U.Gohan.

I have several combinations in mind but let's see how the team gels. Also, it's pretty cool that you can have every major villain in one team.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The manga really makes Vegeta shine and look like a good person. The anime makes him look like an ass and gives Goku credit for some of the things he has done.

But...the anime came first? I'm a Vegeta fan, but Toyotaro giving Vegeta extra shit to do doesn't mean Goku's getting credit for it in the anime.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta's character arc in Z is literally accepting that Goku is better than him. Period.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta's character arc in Z is literally accepting that Goku is better than him. Period.

That was before Toriyama threw that out the window and and had him start trying to surpass him again and be better.

You can't be attached to the old character growths as Toriyama has new plans

Toriyama may revisit that train, but for the sake of super, he needs Vegeta to be striving to be superior, but instead made him less of a self-centered jerk and now someone who works hard for something other than his own gain

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
That was before Toriyama threw that out the window and and had him start trying to surpass him again and be better.

You can't be attached to the old character growths as Toriyama has new plans

Toriyama may revisit that train, but for the sake of super, he needs Vegeta to be striving to be superior, but instead made him less of a self-centered jerk and now someone who works hard for something other than his own gain

True, but he's still kind of a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.