• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DaSorcerer7

Oct 26, 2017
Uk
The recently announced Switch version of Dragon Ball FighterZ will launch in Japan on September 27 for 6,800 yen, the latest issue of V-Jump reveals.

Purchase bonuses for the Switch version include a download code for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System game Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden, early unlocks for playable characters Goku (SSGSS) and Vegeta (SSGSS), and a Super Rare card for the Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game.

Link

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the bonuses outside of Japan will be. Goku and Vegeta SSGSS are a given.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Wow a rare virtual card, and a completely obsolete 25 year old game, how generous of them. What about adding the already released DLC ?

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Pretty cool they're including a SNES game. Will it be built into the game itself, or be offered thru a separate E-shop download (i.e. - I can independently buy it on the E-shop)?

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
The SNES game could be interesting, Nintendo's online service will be up by then and we already know about the NES games, could it be a sign of SNES games being available to purchase as well?

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
C'mon now ya'll. The port is a few months late not even a year yet. They don't need to add DLC to the port for free when they're not even finished with the first season of DLC.

The SNES game could be interesting, Nintendo's online service will be up by then and we already know about the NES games, could it be a sign of SNES games being available to purchase as well?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They did the same thing on 3DS with Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Butoden and that was before SNES VC. It was just Bandai Namco's own port that had nothing to do with Nintendo.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
(...) a download code for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System game Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden (...)

Uhmm, unless it is integrated in the game (but the wording doesn't point so), this is a weird announcement if it's a single release, isn't it? Could some kind of an additional VC service be launched alongside the Online then?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If it's anything like the Xenoverse release they have no problems with making people buy the season pass even if it's all been out for a while on the other consoles.
Going by their schedule, this is likely releasing along with the last 2 DLC characters from the season pass. Still, they should include something like the music pack or something like that.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
They did the exact same thing for the release of Extreme Butoden on the 3DS, where pre-orders from Amazon came with a code to download Super Butoden 2, marking the first time the game was made available in the US. The original music for the game was removed and replaced with new music, as the original OST was caught up in the Kenji Yamamoto scandal. It was pretty much a SNES ROM in the same emulator Bamco used for their Jump Famicom/Super Famicom collection that came out for 3DS in Japan.

They'll probably do the same and make this available worldwide here, too.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For single joycon play, which would make sense since a single joycon doesn't have enough buttons. No idea how though.
It has enough buttons. You just need buttons for...
  • Light
  • Medium
  • Heavy
  • Special/Ki
  • Assist 1
  • Assist 2
Interesting enough, Android 17 & Cooler will likely be out by then, so I guess Bamco is timing the Switch version's launch with the completion of the FighterZ Pass.

Wow a rare virtual card, and a completely obsolete 25 year old game, how generous of them. What about adding the already released DLC ?
They should rather include all the released DLC characters so far.
The game came out earlier this year & the last pair of characters (17 & Cooler) will likely launch at the same time. If Xenoverse 2 didn't include its DLC for the Switch port, FighterZ definitely won't.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It has enough buttons. You just need buttons for...
  • Light
  • Medium
  • Heavy
  • Special/Ki
  • Assist 1
  • Assist 2
Interesting enough, Android 17 & Cooler will likely be out by then, so I guess Bamco is timing the Switch version's launch with the completion of the FighterZ Pass.

The game came out earlier this year & the last pair of characters (17 & Cooler) will likely launch at the same time. If Xenoverse 2 didn't include its DLC for the Switch port, FighterZ definitely won't.
Forgot about the two buttons on the top

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hori's Left Joy-Con would be out by then.

input is the only reason i'd shy away from double dipping on Switch, seeing as I actually wouldn't mind the ability to training mode on the fly.

And we've all seen how excellent DBFZ is at downscaling its visuals so performance SHOULDNT be an issue

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hm, no DBFZ DLC news this month. I guess Bamco wants to announce the base saiyans close to their release & get it over with.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How can it be simpler than it already is???

how the hell could this game get any simpler
shrugging-gif-19.gif

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
input is the only reason i'd shy away from double dipping on Switch, seeing as I actually wouldn't mind the ability to training mode on the fly.

And we've all seen how excellent DBFZ is at downscaling its visuals so performance SHOULDNT be an issue

There enough direct feed Switch footage out there to make this call already I think.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhmm, unless it is integrated in the game (but the wording doesn't point so), this is a weird announcement if it's a single release, isn't it? Could some kind of an additional VC service be launched alongside the Online then?
There's no relation between this and Nintendo's online service. Any third party can release whatever game they please on the eshop, even if it's an SNES game

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So rather than lowering the price of the game or include the DLC they...give you a card and a code for an old snes game? What a bargain!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I expected. Xenoverse 2 released around then last year and it's technically Fall 2018.

The announced DLC should be out by then too.

Good release timing imo.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Reading to Japanese Nintendo, I realized that they already did something similar with SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, including a download for the SNES title Super Gachapon World SD Gundam X. So this apparently will be a standalone game.

We will see if this reaches other shores besides Japan (probably not).
It might. Bamco actually did bring over the Super Butoden 2 standalone bonus for Extreme Butoden on 3DS.