• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
English Tweet up:

Credit to fe0 for the following:

2.0m is a strong start for DBFZ. Opening shipment for XV (staggered global launch month) was 1.5m and XV2 was 1.4m on first week worldwide.

Last edited:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great start and one I see having strong legs for the genre given the reception and IP.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great showing for a great game! Congrats, Bamco and Arc System!

Now give me the ability to just use a menu so I can ignore your awful lobby system :D

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
For comparison:

DBFZ outsold MvCi by double the amount.
DBFZ has sold as much as SFV latest LTD figure.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats !

It hard to not be impressed by the effort the put in this game. They deserve every sales and more.

Oct 25, 2017
Other comparison, it's done as much in a week that Tekken 7 did in 5 months, and that Injustice 2 did in more than 3 months.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I hope it sold through a lot for Arc System work's sake. They put a lot of care into their games but have never gotten that smash hit

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Another amazing result from Japan side.
It feels like every video game companies in Japan are having great results.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
No way did I figure that MHW would ship twice as many copies as DBF
With that being said this is still a great result

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, Japanese games haven't been selling this strong for a while.

I feel like I would be a jerk to mention how Monster Hunter World has shipped over five million units already, but definitely, it is quite a fit to consider this in terms of a Dragon Ball game in general. Definitely a great accomplishment to have done so well in less than a week's time.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game industry is doing so good. Every single good product is selling beautifuly lately. :)

This has been my main takeaway the last few months. There are some under performances floating around out there for sure.

But in general? The industry is so healthy right now its absolutely incredible. We are living in a gaming golden age in terms of overall health right now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus

giphy.webp

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
DRAGON BALL SQUEEZE

HAHAHAHA

YOU ARE DEFEATED

Good news for this game that was made with a ton of care. I might succumb and grab it.

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. The lobby/matchmaking system is awful and the story mode grind to unlock 21 is even more awful but the core gameplay is very fun and exciting.