• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
DRAGON BALL IS BACK BABY YESSSS those fighterz sales are crazy considering it's almost caught up to zenoverse

I hope the rpg game does well too

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Was it 2 or 3 million at launch? Even so, with an extra 1-2 Million and season pass content its had some pretty good legs for a very technical fighter.

Xenoverse is good too, Good games for both casual and technical fighter fans of dragon ball.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Awesome numbers!
It appears that the DLC is selling well too considering what I saw a friend play online

May 30, 2018
DB games have come a long way from the days of UB22 and GT Final Bout

Now they're 5m+ sellers instead of shovelware

DB really is back

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
how does that compare to other fighting games this gen?
just curious, obviously these are great numbers in general regardless.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Those fighterz sales are crazy.. are they going to do season 3?
They'll probably go straight to FighterZ 2, which I hope will include the whole roster released by then and at least 10-12 more characters. The foundation for a great fighting game is there, so they don't need to mess that much with it graphics-wise and maybe system-wise a few more additions would be great (more assists per character, another sub-system in there). More stages would definitely be welcome.

The reason I mentions FighterZ 2 is because they'd probably want a hard reset to get more sales (Think XV1 to XV2) and more people coming back for the game. With that said, it's possible FighterZ 2 would release in 2021 while they let FighterZ breathe throughout 2020.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
That FighterZ number is incredible! Almost caught up to the 3D fighter is insane performance.

Xenoverse 3 and FighterZ 2 will be next gen titles and probably last for a long time.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
God damn it where's license issues when you need them. Fuck X2, it shouldn't have sold a single copy.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see the GOAT Dragon Ball game putting up big numbers.

I'm assuming FighterZ is gonna get the same amount of post-launch support as Xenoverse 2, then. Right????

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Congrats to Arc System works, those guys deserve that

I would say good luck to CC2, but they've sold tens of millions of ultimate ninja/storm games, so i dont see the need

convo

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see the GOAT Dragon Ball game putting up big numbers.

I'm assuming FighterZ is gonna get the same amount of post-launch support as Xenoverse 2, then. Right????
With the money its printing i sure hope so, Arcsys deserves to get paid. Some people may roll their eyes at the amount of Gokus as dlc but Dragonball fans are predictable in what they want, we have to deal with what the majority of casual fans demand.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
XV2's legs were hurt a bit by it being so similar to the original I'd say. Still incredible numbers.
Good thing 3 has so much more time in the oven.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Makes me super happy :)
Didn't expect it to be so close to Xenoverse 2!
It's the best damn Dragon Ball game in existence.
If they are doing it right, FighterZ 2 should be going to be insane!
They created a crazy good foundation. Now they just have to throw more content on it, polish it here and there, some new features etc.
Oh man, the hype will crazy.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now give us a JoJo fighter by ASW.
Surprised people still request this when literally a few months ago Toshimichi Mori already said in the ASW Q&A they're not making one because Cyberconnect already made a 2D fighter.

They'll probably go straight to FighterZ 2, which I hope will include the whole roster released by then and at least 10-12 more characters. The foundation for a great fighting game is there, so they don't need to mess that much with it graphics-wise and maybe system-wise a few more additions would be great (more assists per character, another sub-system in there). More stages would definitely be welcome.

The reason I mentions FighterZ 2 is because they'd probably want a hard reset to get more sales (Think XV1 to XV2) and more people coming back for the game. With that said, it's possible FighterZ 2 would release in 2021 while they let FighterZ breathe throughout 2020.
Yeah with their usual 1 main DB fighting game per year standard they've basically set, I'm expecting CC's 2019, XV3 in 2020, then FighterZ 2 in 2021.