• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
XYsmLxm.gif

Open Beta starts January 13 for pre-orders and the 14th for everyone.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/12/...beta-begins-january-14th-13th-for-pre-orders/

Embargo just lifted. OP will be updated.

HIT, Beerus and Goku Black gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uSFjENFHho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJeNRSOIfeU (Gamespot)

Ultimate Gohan gameplay + Story mode gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4yXg8OxEXo

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beerus is one of the coolest characters in all of Dragon Ball, I'm excited to play as him!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I need to see some taunts. Please let Beerus break dance, and let Goku Black hug mid-match, ArcSys.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So, I need advice here. I've always admired fighting games but have never been able to play them. I do not have the mind for combos and the attempts I've made at fighting games have always left me with a feeling of my fingers tied and not being able to figure out how to make my character do things. I am also a life-long DBZ fan. I hear that this is going to be the most accessible fighting game ever as you get full combos just from single button presses. My question is just how far that goes, would I actually be able to have fun with this game even tho I can't play any other fighting games or is it just a case of it being easier than other fighting games but still complicated to an extent?

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man, they all look great but they should have announced Ultimate Gohan earlier than they did because he looks soo bland compare to other recent announced characters.

Him also wearing the orange gi only further this.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Family Kamehameha?!?! Alright that makes Adult Gohan a bit cooler for that reference alone.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
ehhhh goku black's destructive finish super looks kinda underwhelming
his 3 bars super didn't deal that much damage either
i'm not a venom player so won't play beerus probably
pretty much confirms his hakai super actually uses hakai if the opponent is goku black and and the damage would defeat him
adult gohan's family kamehameha is awesome

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't with this game. Didn't know it was possible for a video game to make me feel this sexually aroused. That Family Kamehameha scene is too perfect.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They definitely nailed how Black looks, that's one evil mofo right there.
PDskPyw.png

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
So, I need advice here. I've always admired fighting games but have never been able to play them. I do not have the mind for combos and the attempts I've made at fighting games have always left me with a feeling of my fingers tied and not being able to figure out how to make my character do things. I am also a life-long DBZ fan. I hear that this is going to be the most accessible fighting game ever as you get full combos just from single button presses. My question is just how far that goes, would I actually be able to have fun with this game even tho I can't play any other fighting games or is it just a case of it being easier than other fighting games but still complicated to an extent?

I wouldn't classify myself as 'good' at fighting games, but I can have fun with them. Combos really aren't the be all and end all, and really learning how to block and keep the right distances from an opponent is a significant part of winning matches.

My advice would be to not expect too much from yourself, and when you try to improve just focus on getting slightly better than where you are currently. Like with combos - try to reliably string three attacks together before even attempting 4. Playing with friends will help a lot to keep it fun, and you'll gradually improve as a result.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying to see this game w/ the English dub. What's taking so long!? It looks so good, but I just can't with the voices.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Glad there's a story mode wasn't sure if there would be. Will be trying this out in the beta.

The worst part about this game is its the same day as monster hunter worlds...

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Okay, this just keeps looking better and better. The little touches in the stages are perfect. Having one character blown into a group of house and the next character in the team enter the ring in the foreground is fantastic!

Not only that, but I might start watching Super any day now. The characters looks way more interesting than I would have thought. When does it get interesting? Episode 40 or so?