• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
ASW recently opened an office in the US(a year or so ago), they are probably trying to grow out of Japan. Let's not assume the worst, their color system together with the lobby system had a purpose, to join together people of similar level, whenever I log in the auto-lobby it only has people of the same color as me.
What they underestimated was people obsession with trophies and winning at all costs and apparently people in Japan aren't that pathetic which is why the system worked in other games?

I would love for people to start writing down how many rage-quits they get, in what system and at what which rank. Seems like an interesting an useful experience. I'll post my findings, every once in a while. Currently 0 rage-quits in ranked in 7x games(low ranks), 1 ragequit in casual in probably the double of games.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
In general i dont really remember much rage quitting. The couple times it does happen i just get into another match in like 2 minutes, so a lot of the time the experience just washes over me. I saw less quitting in ranked than casual, and a dece amnt is ppl just leaving before the animation to kill them is over (which ppl do in locals too lmao). Im sure a lpt of quitting goes uner my radar tho, im just usually not too focused on it. I dont notice much dodging either since i have matches on auto-accept (pink square), and im usually messing around on my phone

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
ASW recently opened an office in the US(a year or so ago), they are probably trying to grow out of Japan. Let's not assume the worst, their color system together with the lobby system had a purpose, to join together people of similar level, whenever I log in the auto-lobby it only has people of the same color as me.
What they underestimated was people obsession with trophies and winning at all costs and apparently people in Japan aren't that pathetic which is why the system worked in other games?

I would love for people to start writing down how many rage-quits they get, in what system and at what which rank. Seems like an interesting an useful experience. I'll post my findings, every once in a while. Currently 0 rage-quits in ranked in 7x games(low ranks), 1 ragequit in casual in probably the double of games.
Problem is ragequits gonna vary highly depending on our threat levels. Once I saw a Pink Saiyan rank of all things with a perfect 100% win rate. I bet this smurf sees ragequits all the time.

This guy used Teen Gohan too on point. He was 100% a real nightmare to fight

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah bottom line is if there is no way to disincentivize dcing, ppl will take advantage

I feel pretty optimistic about a solution being patched in at some point, i just dunno when that patch would happen. I wonder how many ppl are still dcing just due to server issues, that was my explanation for why dc punishing isnt implemented, but i dont think ive really dced like that recently

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Problem is ragequits gonna vary highly depending on our threat levels. Once I saw a Pink Saiyan rank of all things with a perfect 100% win rate. I bet this smurf sees ragequits all the time.

This guy used Teen Gohan too on point. He was 100% a real nightmare to fight
Of course there will be a bunch of factors that affect the recurrence of ragequits. Still curious if we can reach any conclusions from such anecdotal data.
Ragequits feel really bad which is why people remember them fervently, if people actually look at numbers maybe they'll realize it's not as bad as they thought.

It usually isn't as bad as the mind makes it seem. People might feel they have ragequits every third game but looking at it with a clear head it's actually every sixth game, for example.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, in the end how ppl feel about it probably remains primary, i def dont think asw should ignore complaints even if it might not as big a problem as ppl make it out to be

Also, re: pink squares with 100% wins, there are prob ppl there via match manipulation, but i know like 2-3 ppl who are just that consistent. My bruh is like 200-3 or something atm in ranked

D_HoChoy

Mar 26, 2018
What is your wish for season 2 DLC (assuming the season 1 leak is true...)?

bbTYPlz.jpg

Love at First Fight
Chi-Chi
Videl

Both these girls got together with their men through fighting. Anyways, what Chi-Chi and Videl could add to the game is genuine melee-focused characters (FighterZ already toys with the idea through Gohan (Teen), Yamcha, and Bardock) like them having something unique to them for the S Button instead of a generic blast. Chi-Chi would be based stances and footwork while Videl is more about sways, step-ins, and grapples.

Dragon Ball

Master Roshi

Out of all the original Dragon Ball reps to be in this game, it absolutely has to be Master Roshi mainly due to his major comeback in the modern stuff. Even ignoring the current stuff, Roshi has a plethora of interesting techniques including the Drunken Fist, MAX Power, Evil Containment Wave, Turtle Shock Surprise, and Hypnosis.

Fusion Reborn

Gogeta

The less popular of the fusions between Goku and Vegeta, but he isn't without moveset potential. While Vegito is a more balanced fighter, Gogeta is all about being on the pressure with his super swift punches and weird mindgames. Soul Punisher could also be used like a time bomb that will wipe the opponent out completely if they don't land a hit.

Hell Fighters
Dabura
Janemba

These two are very similar- both are insignificant side villains in the grand scheme of things but have won hardcore fans over with their cool designs and unique abilities. Dabura can materialize a sword or a spear from thin-air plus he has flame breath, air slices, and can turn people into stone with his spit while Janemba can use dimensional holes both offensively and defensively, create ki crescents from his sword slashes, rapid thin-shards of ki, and teleportation via atomizing himself into cubes for mixups.

Tournament of Power
Caulifla
Jiren

Caulifla is the face of the female Saiyans and she comes paired with Kale but unlike other characters with unique assists, Kale would be there to help out at any time. Caulifla is the brains of the team and does most of the fighting (evidently) while Kale is the muscle. Jiren is pretty much the main antagonist of the arc and he would be a defensive character who strikes really hard dealing great damage when the opponent is wide open. He would also be really good at dealing with opponents in the air.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Roshi, satan, kefla, some of those ppl from the love universe, toppo, mech bulma, and chi chi would be nice too

Janemba would be cool, i dunno much about the character but his gifs seem cool

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I think I can play now. Hopping on Discord

It feels like I've somehow gotten worse. Lost like every casual match I had. Although I did win my Ranked match that I had earlier. This was earlier today though.

But hey I should be warmed up now.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know optimal Cell notation after the 2M > 5M and before the 2H?

I usually go 2M > 5M > M L L > 2H > L L > Dj L L > 5H

But I see top Cell players use their Dj before the 2H and do another notation. Any ideas?

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
It feels so good to be the reason someone gets demoted.

I tried my luck at a local tourney for the first time, there weren't that many players (12) but I managed top 4 losing to the guy who would end up winning it all.
Should've been a top 2 because as it was, the skill level was something like "guy who won > me > the rest". Oh well, that's single elimination for ya!
I even managed to get several games against that guy afterwards so I feel pretty good about it.

Oct 28, 2017
Well that Ginyu/Gotenks/Piccolo idea didn't light the world on fire, but it did sprout two new ones out of it so it was still a worthwhile experiment I think. Ginyu is REALLY fun with lockdown assists behind him. The force has more recovery and are easier to bat away than I'd like, but his pressure is easy to utilize, albeit predicated on people not being able to react to iAD cross-ups. He does pathetic damage (and no offensive level three doesn't help), too, but his pressure and multiple hitting normals do build a lot of meter so he's an effective battery. Fooled around with Ginyu/Yamcha/Tien despite not putting in any lab time with them and it was fun, so I'll take that into training mode and explore it further. I still like the idea of Piccolo/Gotenks/etc. I just need some sort of neutral assist for them.

Man this system allows us to use any name we want just backfires

I actually ran into this guy in casual tonight. 90% winrate, playing Gohan/16/Vegeta, and started teabagging late in the set when I only had one character left. So you know, the online tryhard special. The new TerryBogard for anyone who played UMvC3 online. I did get a solo 1v3 comeback with Tien though, which was pretty cool.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I actually ran into this guy in casual tonight. 90% winrate, playing Gohan/16/Vegeta, and started teabagging late in the set when I only had one character left. So you know, the online tryhard special. The new TerryBogard for anyone who played UMvC3 online. I did get a solo 1v3 comeback with Tien though, which was pretty cool.

I've fought TerryBogard in this game too, he hasn't changed. He's pretty good but he does a lot of weird shit to try to tilt you, not just teabags but stuff like ki charge in neutral for no reason or superdashing for almost a whole round just to mess with ya lol

Oct 28, 2017
Said it in discord but I'll reiterate here. Whether or not people think Cell is overpowered the fact that he's on 50% of teams and not currently being actively looked at is crazy to me. Pretty much everybody else up there can use some tweaking though, and really ANY change to the game will be welcome at this point so I'm all for it. Poor Yamcha though lol

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Plus "etc" so i wouldnt worry about cell not being there

Hope it's an 18 net buff and not nerf lol

Also pretty happy that a patch is confirmed in the first place

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, Zamasu looks great I'm curious what he sounds like in English though because his Japanese voice was so good.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh shit the nerf hammer is coming. I hope the patch improves the overall experience and diversity in teams, I enjoy watching tournaments a lot. Also, Vegito Blue please ASW.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing im scared of in terms of 18 changes is them removing the retained momentum from j.214 moves

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Normalize the damn cast and adjust the systems also for the purpose of normalizing the characters (and possibly highlighting their unique points as well).

Only people who are gonna be "worried" about these changes or say it's too early for this are those who play the usual.

Oct 28, 2017
So who's the pick for the low tier character that ASW inexplicably makes worse? There's always one or two, and sometimes it's drastic. I'm gonna guess Piccolo, and they'll do something dumb like nerf Hellzone harder while forgetting to buff anything else.

(I am still 500% in support of the game being patched as soon as possible, I've just played enough of this company's games to know the new edition tropes)

As for system mechanics, just add a couple frames of recovery to Super Dash and Vanish, make Sparking have a visual indicator of how much time is left, and I think that's it. Dragon Rush is very strong but it has to be due to the nature of pressure and how difficult it can be for much of the cast to open people up.

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Apparently the changes aren't limited to characters. Would they change super-dash? Pretty happy with the schedule, three months to let the game breath, four to implement changes - assuming the patch is next month.

Zamasu floating looks smooth.

Oct 30, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm on Nakkiel's camp; I hope they make Guard Cancel not trash.

I'm taking a break from the game since Yakuza 6 came out, so it's gonna be exciting when I get back to it and see just how different things are. Maybe I can make some changes to my team again.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
There's also this:

I'm looking forward to whatever happens. I do wonder if the only thing they'll do to 21 is to take out her infinites or if they're going to touch other stuff.

I want vanish to be neutral or negative on block. Some characters can get in too quickly with vanish and can pressure you until you break or he gets another bar for another vanish, and then continue the pressure. The rest I think is okay.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm hoping broly is getting some damage buffs here.

16 nerfs were inevitable but hoping they're just taking 21 infinites and not nerfing her otherwise.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what's the "Etc" for on the lower right of the character balance pic? More character balancing than implied? Or just that characters aren't the only thing being balanced.. ie the JIYUNA tweet.

Dang, cant see them ignoring cell tho
Yeah, this.. Cell is arguably the best character in the game. Weird that he wouldn't be touched. Unless they think he's... wait for it.. perfect...

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I think vanish is fine tbh, with no cover you can 2h it and if someone uses an assist to cover they kinda just wasted meter unless they are trying to get out of the corner

Im open to new stuff tho, part of why i like fighting games is figuring out how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.