• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking on it, Vegeta's assist nerf will probably nerf Gohan significantly too. Less j.2S shenanigans maybe.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Frieza getting buffed definitely has my attention. He was on my original team at launch and I had to drop him after I got out of the scrub tiers in ranked.

Thinking on it, Vegeta's assist nerf will probably nerf Gohan significantly too. Less j.2S shenanigans maybe.

Vegeta's assist getting tweaked is probably going to hurt a lot of characters including 16

Oct 25, 2017
Frieza getting buffed definitely has my attention. He was on my original team at launch and I had to drop him after I got out of the scrub tiers in ranked.

Vegeta's assist getting tweaked is probably going to hurt a lot of characters including 16
Yeah same I might actually pick him up again now. Loved Freeza at launch.

As a Vegeta main I'm cool with the nerf if it isn't too bad. I get why frustrated people would want him nerfed into the ground but I think it'd really suck if such a fan favorite character got fucked in a patch. I feel like his assist should still be the best (since someone will always inevitably be the best) but just not quite as overbearingly so.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I hope 16 gets wrecked. At my level basically no one plays Gohan, and the ones that do can't pull half the shit he's known for. 16 on the other hand... fuck that guy

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
At my level I very rarely see 16s anymore honestly. Once I broke through the 530k barrier and got that trophy 16s started phasing out and were replaced with Gohans (and now Bardocks) for days.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
All the 16 mains are all probably SS Gods. FSLink probably sees them all the time. Ain't you a God to Flux? This would explain everything

(I forget which rank is the top one- is it Living Legend? I need to look it up)

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like i never see cell, see vegeta probably the most
Vegetas are all over the place online. I've honestly gotten to the point where I constantly try to snap in Vegetas in order to kill them off quickly and completely fuck up the opponents synergy.

I have Vegeta on my team too lol

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
We all are rolling with Vegeta. They cant help but see it in their stats

(maybe not Flux; but most of us no doubt got Vegeta anchor)

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does kid buu need nerfs? What do they need to touch up on him?
Well, Kid Buu is one of the best characters in the game, with a fantastic assist, ridiculous pressure, a great DHC, great range, a small size (which lets him get under some other characters' pressure), etc.
All the 16 mains are all probably SS Gods. FSLink probably sees them all the time. Ain't you a God to Flux? This would explain everything
800k is Super Saiyan God, yes.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I have him on my team but his short limbs are starting to make me thing I need to change so I don't mind if he gets nerfed.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of them nerfing 21? She doesn't seem much better than the rest of the cast (upper mid, IIRC?).

Oct 28, 2017
At SSG too, and though 16 is less common than he used to be, he's still in every third or fourth match and it's still the most miserable shit in the world when you find one. Vegeta is far and away the most common character in my experience, he's genuinely on 80% of teams. I get Cell a lot more often than I used to, though Gohan is a regular occurrence as well. 16 is probably most likely to appear after them. I wonder what all of these characters have in common.

Any chance of them nerfing 21? She doesn't seem much better than the rest of the cast (upper mid, IIRC?).

They're definitely getting rid of the infinite, and may do something about some of her move steal options that are crazy such as the loops (which I don't agree with, but it's the most likely thing on her to change), but I highly doubt her core gameplay will be affected too much. I think she's one of the most well balanced characters in the game overall, with very clear strengths as well as drawbacks. Her, Trunks, and probably Tien are all characters that other's balance should be based around imo.

Last edited:

vexx987

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modesto, CA
How the fuck is Cell not getting nerfed? His damage is stupid. Hopefully his damage gets indirectly nerfed with bug fixes. I'm excited for Frieza and Piccolo buffs! I stuck with my team and it looks like it might pay off.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is Cell not getting nerfed? His damage is stupid. Hopefully his damage gets indirectly nerfed with bug fixes. I'm excited for Frieza and Piccolo buffs! I stuck with my team and it looks like it might pay off.
Cell's not out of the woods yet. He could be part of that "etc" plus he could get affected by some across the board changes they make

Oct 30, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I hope they don't. Yes, she has good damage, but mostly with assists. She might get a bit more in the corner by herself than other characters due to being able to combo j.H into j.2H but that's not a lot more. Nerfing her damage while still not giving her any means to get a sliding knockdown is too much imo. I think the only thing they should do to her in terms of character balance is to take out her infinite, although I would definitely welcome slight buffs like making her 5L a 6f normal instead of 7f or something else. That is, if they intend to not give her a sliding knockdown.

This is ASW though so I don't know, let's roll the dice and see what we get I guess.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Black isn't in that list either and we all know he deserves some kind of nerf. He's also probably part of that etc.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I honestly don't have a problem with Black anymore. He was annoying the first month (even though I played him) but he definitely got figured out and easier to deal with as time goes on. He's still viable thanks to his neutral but it's difficult to open people up with him now with his only low being 2M. If they nerf his 2H I won't be bothered by it but it's not something that's necessarily needed.

On that topic, one of the many things they should do about A.Gohan is to deal with his 2L because that thing is also ridiculous.

You know this really doesn't get mentioned enough but I genuinely think that might be the worst hitbox in the entire game to me. Like, they just straight up give him a "win" button for footsies and scrambles. It's just a big box in front of his hurtbox lol. Every time I see it, it drives me insane.

XNqkgKD.png

Fuck this thing.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Both, really.

His 5L is the only standing low in the game that is 6f and is actually quite hard to see when paired with an assist. Add the fast fall and that's a lot going on there.

And his 2L, the thing that The Yo Tornado just posted, has that really silly hitbox, is 8f and scales like an M. That's bullshit imo. Make it 7f, give it the scaling of a proper 2L and that's that. He's the only character with a non-low 2L that doesn't even care about it not actually being low because it has that ridiculous hitbox and his real L low is stronger than any low 2L.

Again, add his fast fall and all of it is even more fucked up imo

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's because 16 demands more work than Gohan.

Gohan is obnoxious on every level and completely well rounded with no flaw. Coming with a DP, beam, 6f low, you know damn well why many people replaced 16 for him.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
That's because 16 demands more work than Gohan.

Gohan is obnoxious on every level and completely well rounded with no flaw. Coming with a DP, beam, 6f low, you know damn well why many people replaced 16 for him.
This is why I think reducing 16's armor is more than enough of a nerf for him. You take that away and quite honestly 16 suddenly has a much harder time getting in than someone like Bardock or Gohan

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks the armor isn't even the issue with 16? Everytime I face a 16 I just rage at the range of his normals.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that there can be a debate about what is the most broken element of Android 16 is the issue.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think Android 16 is even that "broken" at least in comparison to Bardock, A.Gohan, and Kid Buu, which is why I think if you tweak his armor properties 16 comes back down to Earth (especially with a Vegeta assist nerf) because then his ability to get in on people becomes noticeably tougher. He's an overall good character but I don't think he's nearly as solid as the other characters I mentioned.

Oct 30, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Regarding Android 16, I'm gonna quote something I said a couple of weeks ago:
The armor is just a part of the problem. I think that 16 just has too much in a game where other characters could use a lot more. His ki blast is great, he has long range, he has a meterless hard knockdown from a command grab that is the fastest in the game according to Dustloop's frame data, he works well with almost any assist in the game, his own assist is great, he has a move that's +4 on block, his armor is better than Broly's because it goes through anything other than supers, the hitbox of some of his jumping normals are active for way longer than most other air normals in the game (as Yohosie found out some time ago), has an air level 1 that even if people don't use it at least he has it (unlike, say, Blue Vegeta, Yamcha, or many other characters).

On its own, all that stuff wouldn't really be a problem, but when you put all of that together on a single character, when other characters are nowhere to be seen because of how limited their tools are, then I think that's a really big problem.
Something about all of this has to go, I think. Personally, I would take away his hard knockdown and maybe tweak some of his frames. He can keep the armor as long as he doesn't get to put you almost for free in a situation where possibly the fate of your character comes down to pure guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.