• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this patch will be the default version for the Switch.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
These assist tweaks are really getting me excited. I keep thinking I wanna use Beerus and Vegito. Vegito air grabs are now invulnerable to air attacks so i wanna abuse that. I just like Beerus and wanna see if he got better.
EDIT:

O_O and he aint even using assists yet...

Gold Frieza gonna have some tech soon.

Last edited:

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Anyone find the positioning of the new character tiles interesting on the selection screen?

I would have expected this:

9hOJG7d.jpg

To leave everything neatly tied aesthetically, but the way they've positioned base Goku and Vegeta easily creates room for another set of characters.

Gimme that new season ArcSys.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I quite like ArcSys' balance changes - none of the characters seem to have their legs chopped off, they're just normalized as they should be.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like there are undocumented changes. 16's damage seems lower and his j.M startup and/or active frames seem worse (could be my imagination?). I remember pre-patch being able to do launcher (on whiff or block) and then while falling back down being able to hit a falling j.M. I could be going crazy though, who knows.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find the positioning of the new character tiles interesting on the selection screen?

I would have expected this:

9hOJG7d.jpg

To leave everything neatly tied aesthetically, but the way they've positioned base Goku and Vegeta easily creates room for another set of characters.

Gimme that new season ArcSys.
That was my first thought too. Gives them room for 2 more characters after Cooler/17.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
It might be a minor nitpick but it's too bad that stuff like Broly's lvl 3 and base Goku's spirit bomb don't have proper colors on their destructive finish.
They did it for Android 21 and Majin Buu, so why not be consistent with it? Having a yellow explosion on the spirit bomb just feels weird.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It might be a minor nitpick but it's too bad that stuff like Broly's lvl 3 and base Goku's spirit bomb don't have proper colors on their destructive finish.
They did it for Android 21 and Majin Buu, so why not be consistent with it? Having a yellow explosion on the spirit bomb just feels weird.

Yes! I was so bummed to see the spirit bomb made a yellow explosion. What an oversight.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Y'all season 2 list is wayyyy too impractical. No way they gonna make all those new models.

My list is way more practical/realistic:
Super Saiyaman
Raditz
Kale (Broly Form, just reuse Broly's model lol)
Majin Vegeta
DBGT SS4 Goku (just add a tail)
DBGT SS4 Vegeta (just add a tail)
Goten (we already have his model, just add some anims)
Kid Goku

Man I hope they dont do any of these lol but there still many more Gokus they can add!

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
ya'll crazy. For sure we'll get:

• Jiren
  • UI Goku
  • Roshi
  • Kefla
and... other people.

Kid Goku would have a cool move set, but I'm really hoping that he makes an appearance over in Smash Brothers.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Y'all season 2 list is wayyyy too impractical. No way they gonna make all those new models.

My list is way more practical/realistic:
Super Saiyaman
Raditz
Kale (Broly Form, just reuse Broly's model lol)
Majin Vegeta
DBGT SS4 Goku (just add a tail)
DBGT SS4 Vegeta (just add a tail)
Goten (we already have his model, just add some anims)
Kid Goku

Man I hope they dont do any of these lol but there still many more Gokus they can add!

They made a Cooler model just for his intro. They'll get creative.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I would be okay with Dragon Ball Kid Goku, yeah there are more characters you can dip into besides more Gokus.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Bacterian, Fangs The Vampire, Upa's Dad Who I Can't Remember The Name Of, Man-Wolf, Android 8 and Pamput for Season 2, you heard it here first.

Last edited:

closer

Oct 25, 2017
This patch is so nuts
Like maybe ppl will find some broken shit or complain about ginyu buffs or whatever but from what ive heard about arcsys this patch didnt seem possible

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff opponents in the air with air invulnerable moves is so much a game changer. So much exists.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Ultra Instinct Goku is going to be a FighterZ 2 character.

Honestly, UI Goku should be an install for Goku Blue anyway since it's not a for he can even sustain

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Okay these cancels on Beerus' Spheres into specials and sparking are pretty good. He can hammer out bullshit pretty fast now with or without assist coverage. He could get useful for screen trash now. Not gonna get super excited but he's pretty darned fast with his tactic of creating orb setups now. Real winners so far are Tien and Frieza though.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
AHAHAHA! Wow! Base Vegeta is fucking amazing. None of the new cast was appearing in the store so I had to do a search for goku and vegeta and there they were to download. Been labbing.
Base Vegeta has a 2S thats like a fireball he tosses up that can land either near or far and its super dirty for setups off of knockdown or with assists. You can make em eat mixups all day with that. Plus his med 236 is a full screen and his heavy is a teleport behind them making for some easy followups. Crazy thing he can do is his air 2H. Blue and SSJ Vegeta can only do about 3 2H in the air before they fall...BASE VEGETA CAN DO LIKE EIGHT 2H IN A ROW WITHOUT LANDING. His pops him back up pretty far and you can use it to stall or to go for crazy shit. Dude is super good. Easy combos, followups, and mixups built in. I struggle to make use of his 214S command grab as the range is ass and it doesn't work as a followup to 236H shenanigans sadly. Struggling to find a good 236H followup honestly as it causes a knockdown but it pushes you a dash distance away making timing a followup harsh. His lvl 3 though is great and OTG's so use it to finish your plate all the time. Galick gun is also great but always puts you into the air so I gotta account for that in combos. Its actually a douche way to stuff a projectile as it'll jump you over stuff and punish.

Base Goku is good. Dont drop the soap though when you go Kaioken...the boost only lasts while you are doing a combo so its like using Baroque in TVC in a sense. Gokus command grab is godly unlike Base Vegeta's the dash up range on L M or H is just ridiculous. You dash up grab from over 2/3rd the screen and its easy to followup with shit. His spirit bomb lvl 3 is straight ass though to hit. You have to DHC into it IMO. You can't DHC out of it and even though it does raw 2/3rd their life if it hits they have so long to react that they will easily vanish and full on punish your shit for it. YOu had better do it in a combo that involves a long winded DHC that'll hold them. I dont even think Gotenks assist will work. That damned long. I'll have to check that one though. HIs ability to charge up his 214S is cool. 20 hits on L, 26 on M and ....30 plus on H? I cant remember the exact number but its 30 at least. Kinda slow but doable IMO. you can go for charges after knockdown or with assist coverage easily enough and its damage is legit. My opinion is that if you can rock his Kaioken combos you'll go far as he can just keep goin for em.

Overall pick....Base Vegeta. He just seems to have the most utility and room for shenanigans with his toolkit. That 2S, lvl 3, and 236+atk stuff is just really usable and his 214 disc throw plus ability to madly 2H so often in the air just says experiment and find bullshit.

EDIT: NM you CAN use Vegeta grab after his 236H. You just can't go straight into it. Seen a guy do this and now I'm set! Also someone is already puttin in those air 2h tools into long combos!

DOUBLE EDIT: Ooooooooh...if you can get a fully charge Base Goku 214S you can go into lvl 3 and they can't avoid it because it not only puts them in the air but in a capture state! Okay thats easy to achieve then You can fish for charges to setup to end in lvl 3. Base Goku damage is crazy good. Still think Base Vegeta is the star here overall though.

Last edited:

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
AHAHAHA! Wow! Base Vegeta is fucking amazing. None of the new cast was appearing in the store so I had to do a search for goku and vegeta and there they were to download. Been labbing.
Base Vegeta has a 2S thats like a fireball he tosses up that can land either near or far and its super dirty for setups off of knockdown or with assists. You can make em eat mixups all day with that. Plus his med 236 is a full screen and his heavy is a teleport behind them making for some easy followups. Crazy thing he can do is his air 2H. Blue and SSJ Vegeta can only do about 3 2H in the air before they fall...BASE VEGETA CAN DO LIKE EIGHT 2H IN A ROW WITHOUT LANDING. His pops him back up pretty far and you can use it to stall or to go for crazy shit. Dude is super good. Easy combos, followups, and mixups built in. I struggle to make use of his 214S command grab as the range is ass and it doesn't work as a followup to 236H shenanigans sadly. Struggling to find a good 236H followup honestly as it causes a knockdown but it pushes you a dash distance away making timing a followup harsh. His lvl 3 though is great and OTG's so use it to finish your plate all the time. Galick gun is also great but always puts you into the air so I gotta account for that in combos. Its actually a douche way to stuff a projectile as it'll jump you over stuff and punish.

Base Goku is good. Dont drop the soap though when you go Kaioken...the boost only lasts while you are doing a combo so its like using Baroque in TVC in a sense. Gokus command grab is godly unlike Base Vegeta's the dash up range on L M or H is just ridiculous. You dash up grab from over 2/3rd the screen and its easy to followup with shit. His spirit bomb lvl 3 is straight ass though to hit. You have to DHC into it IMO. You can't DHC out of it and even though it does raw 2/3rd their life if it hits they have so long to react that they will easily vanish and full on punish your shit for it. YOu had better do it in a combo that involves a long winded DHC that'll hold them. I dont even think Gotenks assist will work. That damned long. I'll have to check that one though. HIs ability to charge up his 214S is cool. 20 hits on L, 26 on M and ....30 plus on H? I cant remember the exact number but its 30 at least. Kinda slow but doable IMO. you can go for charges after knockdown or with assist coverage easily enough and its damage is legit. My opinion is that if you can rock his Kaioken combos you'll go far as he can just keep goin for em.

Overall pick....Base Vegeta. He just seems to have the most utility and room for shenanigans with his toolkit. That 2S, lvl 3, and 236+atk stuff is just really usable and his 214 disc throw plus ability to madly 2H so often in the air just says experiment and find bullshit.
Vegeta:
-If you hold forward after the 236H you stay on them and can keep up the pressure. Won't combo without assists though.
-You can level 3 after the 236H and not worry about the distance.

Goku:
-Combo his level 3 off his three charged spirit bomb (214S). You can charge that whenever after a knockdown and keep it in your pocket for later to bust out mid combo/5H.

Loving B.Vegeta more out of the two, but I love the hell out of B.Goku's 2S fireballs. (insert combo) > 5S > hold S throw out five or so Ki blasts > 2S.S.S teleport kick > 5M into air combo or into Kaioken. I just love how flashy it looks!

edit:
Wait, with B.Vegeta, is that vanish whiff into 214S a damage reset? Doesn't really look like it. Dunno if it's worth wasting a bar just to go into his level 3 when you can already hit it off the mid air 214H. Looks flashy though. lol

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The online experience in FighterZ continues to be shit. Been waiting for 10 minutes without finding a match. And when I do, they're still leaving despite the colors being removed because they see the name. I guess changing the name and hoping they don't use the right stick to see the PSN will be more effective now, but probably not by much.

One of the scrubbiest online competitive communities I've seen.
Holy shit Go1 said on twitter that hes thinking hes going to be using nappa and ginyu
Ginyu can be a strong and oppressive character, as Evo showed from Japanese players, and Nappa got a bunch of buffs which might make him a threat. Makes sense.