• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tounsi_Tag

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna re-post what I wrote at the end of the last OT :

I just bought the game. I really like the mechanisms and I can tell it's an easy game to master. I absolutely love the gameplay and I'm sort of forcing myself to finish the story mode .
However, is it normal that I'm a bit overwhelmed right now? I feel like there's too much to learn despite the easy gameplay. Moreover, missing the game on its launch window sort of made me detached from the community and all the knowledge regarding the online aspect / characters ( what each character entails, specialties, funny gags ... ) / quirks ...

Last edited:

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot to take in, sure. I dunno what your level of play is (fighting game veteran, completely new to the genre or somewhere inbetween), but I'd say just find three characters you like for now and focus on trying to nail a specific part of the game each time you go into a fight rather than trying to take it in all at once, which I guess applies to pretty much all airdashers. I'm probably the worst player here, though, so I'm sure someone else has better advice.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
Does 21 have a second type of command grab? I was fighting someone and it seems they used one that didn't copy an attack after.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Figured out this new Broly combo for my team, anyone know if there's a higher damage Broly combo I should be learning?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Boss mode is fun, but it's hard to find a game. Only played it once and I got a perfect :). It's funny how nobody tags in.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Was doing it with some friends and we just ended up hard tagging into 2Hs 90% of the time, possibly on purpose.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We all assumed it but it is confirmed the next dlc comes out may 31.

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
Boss mode is super fun, especially with friends. Though at times it's a great reminder as to why I don't like playing against computers in fighting games. I'm so used to playing against actual people that when the computer just does random shit it throws off my game

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Boss mode is super fun, especially with friends. Though at times it's a great reminder as to why I don't like playing against computers in fighting games. I'm so used to playing against actual people that when the computer just does random shit it throws off my game

The CPU has no idea what to do against Bardock pressure, it's great.

I mean, neither do I, but it's nice to see someone on the other side of it.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Was playing online yesterday with some random and the score was tied 2-to-2. I go get a drink as soon as match ends and I'm back at 18s mark on the countdown. Salty Opponent must've thought I was BMing him so he exited the entire game apparently. It's like come on man it's gonna take you longer than 30s to restart the game lol

And cool to Vegito/Zam coming out soon

Had some fun matches with folks yesterday via Discord era. Even got a win or two.

We tried to do the boss but failed at 5 or so. I know I was deadweight I had my controls all jacked up. I died a horrible death

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Keeping up the meta tournament top 8 tracking. Added the three tournaments we had last weekend all across the World.

A lot of premieres, Kuririn and Beerus the only ones missing any appearances.
#16 seems to have been abandoned, only one pick! Adult Gohan dropped to a second tier character. Cell and Vegeta still going strong. SSJ Goku and #21 seem to be on the rise. Kid Boo and Bardock keeping their tendency from before.
Honorable mention to Trunks who keeps popping up consistently.

Leaderboard:
SSJ Vegeta - 44
Cell - 32
Adult Gohan - 23
Kid Boo - 21
Goku Black - 19
Trunks - 16
SSJ Goku - 15
#16 - 14
Bardock - 12
#21 - 10
Hit - 8
#18 - 6
Tenshinhan - 5
Teen Gohan - 4
Gotenks - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Majin Boo - 2
Yamcha - 2
Broly - 2
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1
Freeza - 1

No appearances: Kuririn and Beerus.

Winter Brawl

#16 - 3
Cell - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Goku Black - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Trunks - 2
Kid Boo - 2
#18 - 2
#21 - 1
Blue Goku - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Hit - 1

Final Round
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Adult Gohan - 4
Cell - 3
Goku Black - 3
#16 - 2
Trunks - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Hit - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Goku - 1

NorCal
Adult Gohan - 5
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Cell - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Goku Black - 2
Trunks - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Goku - 1

Anime Ascention
Cell - 5
#16 - 5
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
#21 - 1
Hit - 1
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Nappa - 1
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Goku - 1

Brussels Challenge
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Adult Gohan - 3
#21 - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 3
Cell - 2
Goku Black - 2
Hit - 1
Trunks - 1
#18 - 1

Texas Showdown
Vegeta - 5
Kid Boo - 4
Cell - 3
Goku Black - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Trunks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Piccolo - 1
Gotenks - 1
Blue Goku - 1
#18 - 1

KVOxTSB
Vegeta - 8
Cell - 4
Kid Boo -2
#16 - 2
Bardock -1
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Ginyu - 1
Hit - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1

Post-Patch---------------------

Stunfest
Vegeta - 5
Cell - 4
Kid Boo - 4
Bardock - 3
Trunks - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Gotenks - 1
Yamcha - 1

BA Melbourne 10
Vegeta - 3
Pure Boo - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Goku Black - 2
#21 - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Trunks - 2
Cell - 1
Bardock - 1
Freeza - 1
Yamcha - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Broly - 1
#16 - 1
Majin Boo - 1

Toryuken 7
Cell - 4
Vegeta - 3
Goku Black - 3
Hit - 3
Bardock - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
#21 - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Broly - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Trunks - 1

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I know they officially released the Vegito trailer, but I can't watch it right now. Does he still have Goku's theme and the huge hands during Final Kamehameha?

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
I know they officially released the Vegito trailer, but I can't watch it right now. Does he still have Goku's theme and the huge hands during Final Kamehameha?

It's the exact same trailer (I didn't listen to the music) but they did at least show how his colours, avatar, and stamp will look.

gRYemoTjs6UcAsV-sLM7OaHL3Ks_HZPed_bjHwOmdAY.png

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Exact same trailer except doesn't have Gohan and Trunks standing behind Vegito during the intro animation.

So giant hands are still there.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Between FighterZ Cup and Party Battle being so online-dependent, would it kill ArcSys to put more Single Player stuff in the game?

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
So why was the Party Battle limited time only? It's a pretty fun mode that's a nice switch up to non-stop versus mode.

Hopefully it's brought back permanently. Prizes be damned

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Keeping up the meta tournament top 8 tracking. Added the three tournaments we had last weekend all across the World.

A lot of premieres, Kuririn and Beerus the only ones missing any appearances.
#16 seems to have been abandoned, only one pick! Adult Gohan dropped to a second tier character. Cell and Vegeta still going strong. SSJ Goku and #21 seem to be on the rise. Kid Boo and Bardock keeping their tendency from before.
Honorable mention to Trunks who keeps popping up consistently.

Leaderboard:
SSJ Vegeta - 44
Cell - 32
Adult Gohan - 23
Kid Boo - 21
Goku Black - 19
Trunks - 16
SSJ Goku - 15
#16 - 14
Bardock - 12
#21 - 10
Hit - 8
#18 - 6
Tenshinhan - 5
Teen Gohan - 4
Gotenks - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Majin Boo - 2
Yamcha - 2
Broly - 2
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1
Freeza - 1

No appearances: Kuririn and Beerus.

Winter Brawl

#16 - 3
Cell - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Goku Black - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Trunks - 2
Kid Boo - 2
#18 - 2
#21 - 1
Blue Goku - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Hit - 1

Final Round
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Adult Gohan - 4
Cell - 3
Goku Black - 3
#16 - 2
Trunks - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Hit - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Goku - 1

NorCal
Adult Gohan - 5
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Cell - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Goku Black - 2
Trunks - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Goku - 1

Anime Ascention
Cell - 5
#16 - 5
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
#21 - 1
Hit - 1
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Nappa - 1
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Goku - 1

Brussels Challenge
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Adult Gohan - 3
#21 - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 3
Cell - 2
Goku Black - 2
Hit - 1
Trunks - 1
#18 - 1

Texas Showdown
Vegeta - 5
Kid Boo - 4
Cell - 3
Goku Black - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Trunks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Piccolo - 1
Gotenks - 1
Blue Goku - 1
#18 - 1

KVOxTSB
Vegeta - 8
Cell - 4
Kid Boo -2
#16 - 2
Bardock -1
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Ginyu - 1
Hit - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1

Post-Patch---------------------

Stunfest
Vegeta - 5
Cell - 4
Kid Boo - 4
Bardock - 3
Trunks - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Gotenks - 1
Yamcha - 1

BA Melbourne 10
Vegeta - 3
Pure Boo - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Goku Black - 2
#21 - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Trunks - 2
Cell - 1
Bardock - 1
Freeza - 1
Yamcha - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Broly - 1
#16 - 1
Majin Boo - 1

Toryuken 7
Cell - 4
Vegeta - 3
Goku Black - 3
Hit - 3
Bardock - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
#21 - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Broly - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Trunks - 1

Nice to see some other guys getting picked a little more often

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the FighterZ Cup stuff just started?

Kinda interesting, but the thing is that this game doesn't have all that many options when it comes to the kinds of prizes it can distribute.

Edit: Oh wait, it might have started a bit ago? Haven't turned on the game in a few days, but just received 2.2k Zeni after playing 3 matches, and it said the battle ended.

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
i still believe there's an issue with online matches dropping blocks once and a while.
I bounce back and forth between that and "actually I'm just shit". There are plenty of times I _swear_ I'm blocking, but... Can I ever be sure I'm not just a salty piece of shit? HAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa.................

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I bounce back and forth between that and "actually I'm just shit". There are plenty of times I _swear_ I'm blocking, but... Can I ever be sure I'm not just a salty piece of shit? HAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa.................
My blocking in live games feels a lot crisper than online

closer

Oct 25, 2017

In general i'd assume it's a dropped input. I havent heard any pros (the ppl who prob play this game the most) mention anything along those lines

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, Bardock and Broly released on a Thursday as well right? Was that at midnight, or later into the day? I ask because there's another PS Store 20% off discount code promotion going again, but it expires next week on Thursday morning. Quoting the relevant post from the thread for anyone interested.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Out of curiosity, Bardock and Broly released on a Thursday as well right? Was that at midnight, or later into the day? I ask because there's another PS Store 20% off discount code promotion going again, but it expires next week on Thursday morning. Quoting the relevant post from the thread for anyone interested.

Oh shoot, next week? I was hoping to save for a time when the game is on discount so I can save more.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

In the US it usually happens in the morning maybe around 10am est ish. Other regions usually get it at midnight their time.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ranked is as much of a disaster as it's always been. Anyone playing?

It really sucks that Ranked is pretty much the only consistent way I can find others to play against, and it's such a consistently awful experience.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Finally broke 100k in Ranked yesterday myself. Got my first rage quit, too (not that I know why they'd wait until the third match to do it, but whatever). I try not to spend too much time in it, but it can indeed take a while to find casual matches instead.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
yeah whenever I drop this is in the back of my head lol
if im playing in person sometimes I do a really exaggerated look at my controller
Hahaha, I do that, too.

That said, at least one of the controllers at work is definitely busted. Hardware wise it does in fact drop inputs. Sometimes I get real salty about it. I should just bring in one of mine, I've got enough to spare!

Ranked is as much of a disaster as it's always been. Anyone playing?

It really sucks that Ranked is pretty much the only consistent way I can find others to play against, and it's such a consistently awful experience.
Every time I try to play ranked lately, I get real fast matches for like the first two or three and get a few games out of each (usually losses, but that doesn't bother me TOO much), and then after that it's a series of ten or more hits where they just sit and wait for the full countdown to tick and waste my goddamn time and ugh.

It's actually a predictable pattern. I have no idea why it happens. That's about when I give up for the night.

I just wanna play the damn game, damnit.

Should play more ring matches with y'all, but some of you wipe the floor with me haha.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Hahaha, I do that, too.

That said, at least one of the controllers at work is definitely busted. Hardware wise it does in fact drop inputs. Sometimes I get real salty about it. I should just bring in one of mine, I've got enough to spare!

Every time I try to play ranked lately, I get real fast matches for like the first two or three and get a few games out of each (usually losses, but that doesn't bother me TOO much), and then after that it's a series of ten or more hits where they just sit and wait for the full countdown to tick and waste my goddamn time and ugh.

It's actually a predictable pattern. I have no idea why it happens. That's about when I give up for the night.

I just wanna play the damn game, damnit.

Should play more ring matches with y'all, but some of you wipe the floor with me haha.

Yeah I show up even though I'm guranteed to get bodied & lose vast majority of the time. I still have a ton of fun tho

Reviewed my last set with Karsticles. I improved a bit since the last set I had with him but I see I'm still making a lot of nonsense mistakes. And I cant seem to land a basic BnB on him for nothing.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't had the privilege of playing against anyone from here in DBFZ specifically. No time for it right now, but I should be up for it later this week.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
In Adult Gohan from Dragonball Super or Zed Sword/ Buu era? I've only seen up to the Battle of Gods saga
What is he saying when he does the super power up? Something about Super saiyan?