• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey is there a busy dbfz discord where I could ask my dumb questions? I'm always looking for quick tips and advice.

closer

Oct 25, 2017

Hey is there a busy dbfz discord where I could ask my dumb questions? I'm always looking for quick tips and advice.

There's character discords, tho they can get a little gate keepey (they're really good tho), and we have an fgc and a dbz server for this forum but i think someones gotta send you an invite. If u post questions here too im sure someone will help

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hating Gotenks is right and only natural. I don't care how good he is in the game, I despise the character too much to ever want to play him.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think we will get another stage? It looks like they intentionally left a spot open on the left side of the selection screen.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
When I get home later tonight I'll send you a PM unless someone beats me.

Hm, I am meeting a friend for drinks tonight though. so maybe if someone else can help him out? Get him into Fighting Game Discord where we are

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I recalled being neutral toward him before. Then I rewatched the Buu saga (which was already terrible after the Gohan and Videl misadventures stopped and the tournament began) through DBZ Kai, and realized that I had pretty much been blocking out what I actually remembered about him.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I recalled being neutral toward him before. Then I rewatched the Buu saga (which was already terrible after the Gohan and Videl misadventures stopped and the tournament began) through DBZ Kai, and realized that I had pretty much been blocking out what I actually remembered about him.
Delete.

This.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The only good thing the Buu Saga did was give Gohan an actual personality

JfiBum8.gif

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

JfiBum8.gif
I will agree that that's the BEST thing Buu Saga did.

But Gotenks is great and Buu is also great.

Too bad Super once again gutted Gohan for the ToP. "Hey let's make him as boring as possible AGAIN!"

---

GREAT SAIYAMAN FOR DBFZ PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Yeah, while it's cool to see Gohan be a warrior I think he succeeds as a character by being a weirdo bookworm way more.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Tournament of Power Gohan is great tho?
Hard pass. He turns into a boring nothing character OTOU SAAAAAN where's the fun goofy personality? It's like he completely turns off everything that makes a Good Gohan just to fight. He had a few good scenes, but only as an instrument of war, not as a character.

Aaaaaaaaanyway.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass. He turns into a boring nothing character OTOU SAAAAAN where's the fun goofy personality? It's like he completely turns off everything that makes a Good Gohan just to fight. He had a few good scenes, but only as an instrument of war, not as a character.

Aaaaaaaaanyway.
Gohan always turns off his goofy side when it comes time for a serious throwdown, though.

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
I used to think Gotenks was pretty cool when I was 12. Re-watched DBZ in high school and realized how terrible he truly is. Him being annoying as hell to deal with in DBFZ is as true to form as it gets.

JfiBum8.gif

Yup. Gohan's adventures and Vegetto are the only redeeming qualities of that arc.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
GOD YOU ANTI-GOTENKS CLOWNS GOTTA STOP IT'S HURTING MY FEELINGS

sob sob sob

The Buu arc is by far my favorite Z arc. It brings back a lot of the goofy tone found before Z started, like early DB. I love Gotenks. I love all of the Buu fights. I love Saiyaman. I love Vegito. I... tolerate Gohan, I enjoyed the supreme beatdown he serves Buu (before losing lol), but as I've already stated I am not a fan of his "personality" when he gets serious. Teen Gohan pulled it off way better, but I am NOT a fan of Kid Gohan up until that point.

gosh i'm so MAD!!!!!!!! (i'm not actually mad please don't take that seriously)

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Lets have some fun and list all of the cool things Gotenks has done and the fight's he's won in dragon ball. Here, I'll start.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Wins don't mean a thing to me. Gotenks was fun, and had some really unique goofy ass moves that were extremely out of place (and extremely welcome) in a world of Big Beams And Punches.

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Super Ghost Kamikaze is pretty cool and you could do some crazy stuff with it potentially. Just don't understand how the volleyball move was supposed to hurt Buu at all.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Gotenks is an idiot so I'm not sure that thought process even really came into it. :P

I really wish they'd bring Gotenks back in Super to actually try new things with him. C'est la vie.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Been trying to learn my new team but faced about 10 Bardock/16 teams in a row yesterday and that shit just isn't fun lol.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a trick to getting the jump cancel at the end of a basic air combo to actually connect?
I've not played since the end of Feb, so I'm rusty anyways, but I'm trying this bnb for Krillin:
M > 5M > j.M(2)L > j.2H > SD > j.LM(2) > j.2H > j.LL(2)L

And getting the j.2H to connect to the jumping L is frustrating as hell to get consistently.

Edit: Ignore me, I was forgetting to actually press the 2H.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I cant recall crashing on PS4/PC. Y'all on ethernet or wifi? I have an ethernet connection for all of my devices (including the Nintendo Switch via an external adapter)

Hard wire on PS4. It typically crashes most during Ring Party matches. Sometimes it glitches and on the loading screen it shows 3 vs 2. It's weird, but it usually crashed the game when the happens (but not always)

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I had problems with the PS4 version crashing a few months ago. It didn't stop until I deleted the application and reinstalled it.

ppr.kut

Oct 27, 2017
The only good thing is that I'm still learning and spend most of my time in training mode. I hope they fix these crashes and match making issues as I really want to get experience in actual matches.
Are they even aware though? No one is really talking about it and the BN Twitter is run by a meme intern so there's no direct way to let them know. Today was really bad, two crashes in 10 minutes

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think we will get another stage? It looks like they intentionally left a spot open on the left side of the selection screen.
We'll definitely get more. Just hoping they don't do just one at the end of the next season like they did here.

The placement of Galactic Arena pretty much guarantees it.

Hoping we finally get the Hyperbolic Time Chamber
You want a completely white space with a little building fixture way in the background? Uh.

Bardock is so fucking annoying to fight
BUUURYYYY YYOOOOUUUU!!!

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...when the hell did the remove they best 3 out of 5 style for Online Ranked matches?

I just fought some guy like 10 times in a row in Ranked. lol

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Are they even aware though? No one is really talking about it and the BN Twitter is run by a meme intern so there's no direct way to let them know. Today was really bad, two crashes in 10 minutes

Yeah, I think that's going to be a problem. I've only seen one post on the DBFZ reddit about this and nothing on Bamco's twitter.

How do we even report these things? Do they have a support e-mail?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Was there a patch or something? My android 21 ToD combo is no longer working, so I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or what.

edit: j.m isn't doing as much damage as it did prior in the combo. Hrm.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Zamasu is by far the most fun character I've played in this game, I just wish his meterless damage was a tad higher and he didn't lose to 16 so badly.

Also tried Kid Buu for the first time since the patch, I thought his nerfs weren't that big a deal but man I actually do feel these.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Zamasu is by far the most fun character I've played in this game, I just wish his meterless damage was a tad higher and he didn't lose to 16 so badly.

Also tried Kid Buu for the first time since the patch, I thought his nerfs weren't that big a deal but man I actually do feel these.

Zamasu is amazing, love his synergy with Tien, Nappa, Vegeta, and Black

Whats your team?

Sigma

Oct 25, 2017
Made top 100 for dbfz ps4. Did it for mvc3, mvci, now dbfz.

Time to take a long break lol.