• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Did they say there was going to be new stuff for v jump in December?

I'm guessing it's just christmas stuff like the Halloween one that we got

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of which, there was a cross-promo that was japan only, too. If you owned XV2 you got the supreme kai of time as a lobby avatar and 21's clothes for XV2. Why didn't we get that here? Eh?! NAMCO!

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, there was a cross-promo that was japan only, too. If you owned XV2 you got the supreme kai of time as a lobby avatar and 21's clothes for XV2. Why didn't we get that here? Eh?! NAMCO!

I remember reading about that, thought you needed a Save file for XV2 and I never played it, so I knew I wouldn't get it. Real shitty that anything would be Japan only when it comes to this.

smh Bamco

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
I remember reading about that, thought you needed a Save file for XV2 and I never played it, so I knew I wouldn't get it. Real shitty that anything would be Japan only when it comes to this.

smh Bamco

Not trying to scare anybody on purpose, but I want others to be aware that we need to tell them that we want the song pack 2 via twitter or whatever. Don't want the same to happen with this one because this pack has has legit good songs. I need some new tunes even though the current ones are ballin'.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Kuririn's after-image is great, people don't know what to do. I'm also loving his directional ki blast, they don't disappear when you get hit which is great. Likewise people aren't well aware of them since it's unique, I just shoot the ki blasts they try to close the distance and I just changed the direction and hit them.

Anyone got any juicy corner combos for me? Mid-screen the characters seems to only use the basic bnb and sliding knockdown with H after-image.

Also got a rage-quit in casuals, dude was a yellow square with more than 90% win rate. I should have know... He was terrible, if he put effort into learning the game instead of rage-quitting maybe he would do better... People really are pathetic.

On the bright side another person I fought waited for me when I had to get up mid-match. Shame I had to leave and couldn't rematch him.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I should have done better research. The XV2 music pack 2 only recently got its song list and price. The song list is the same as the one for FighterZ and has the same fall release date. They announced XV2's a loooong time ago then the info just stopped coming.

Anyway, I found it again and the price seems to be 1,389 yen. My sources are google translate and this:

https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-anime-music-pack-2/
https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/dragon-ball-fighterz-anime-music-pack-2/

They got the XV2 info from the official site, so the price is legit. Did I put in more effort than I should have to find out if it's coming here? Yes.

tl;dr I fucked up, XV2 music release is fall like DBFZ, 1,389 yen, sorry, probably no reason to panic, etc.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
Finally hit Living Legend this morning. I think it's the first time in any game I've been one win away from a rank up and didn't blow it hard and have to play an extra two hours of matches to actually make it.
Now to look up how to actually play this game.

TO2rWdb.png

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Finally hit Living Legend this morning. I think it's the first time in any game I've been one win away from a rank up and didn't blow it hard and have to play an extra two hours of matches to actually make it.
Now to look up how to actually play this game.

TO2rWdb.png
Android 16! That's one of the guys on my squad!

QQeZcZL.gif

Broly! I use him on my team too!

6zdseqS.gif

Bardock...

Vince.get.out.gif

Gratz on ranking up!

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, I picked my characters without knowing their tier list placement (16 since day 1, Bardock and Broly since their release). I just got lucky, but kinda struck out with Broly...

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Broly and think he's a little underrated

It feels good to use him when your opponent is so scared of the command throw that they're mashing vanish.
But the throw is very reactable. And his setups are beatable. And he has huge gaps in his strings. Sometimes it feels like I can't press H without getting hit by a raw level 3.
But he's a lot of fun, and his assist lets Bardock combo after his level 1 for huge damage and he and 16 help each other extend combos well.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
It feels good to use him when your opponent is so scared of the command throw that they're mashing vanish.
But the throw is very reactable. And his setups are beatable. And he has huge gaps in his strings. Sometimes it feels like I can't press H without getting hit by a raw level 3.
But he's a lot of fun, and his assist lets Bardock combo after his level 1 for huge damage and he and 16 help each other extend combos well.
Yeah, Broly is a blast once you start getting into your opponents head and they start worrying about either the 5H or the command throw. For me I roll with 16/Broly/SSJ Vegeta so I tend to use the assists they have to plug up Broly's holes in his block strings.

I do wish Broly's strings were a little tighter or that his armor would carry him through those holes in his strings, though. When you go up against someone who has matchup experience against Broly, things get rough

Last edited:

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish his assist had armor, since most of the time I call him outside of a combo he just eats a beam or a ki blast or they're just flying at me with buttons.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I thought that Namco producer hinted at a Season 2 but I bet its really easy for them to instead greenlight DBFZ 2 and include any other planned DLC into that version.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Last weekend was the big invitational with the three Gods of Dragon Ball, plus two secondary tournaments with a couple of top tier players.
Unfortunately the Tokyo Invitational was single elimination, we probably have to wait until the Finals for a full-blown confrontation and to decide who's the best FighterZ players post-Evo.

NYChrisG vs SQ at YBO was a great FighterZ match, exciting and fun. It's worth to see, be warned the level of play floats.

Stock Rising - Adult Gohan, SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Goku and Kid Boo.
Adult Gohan saw a huge jump, he's jumped over Gotenks and is now very close to Cell and Kid Boo. SSJ Vegeta was the most used character this weekend, his third spot is very safe.

After a very strong early post-patch utilization numbers SSJ Goku almost disappeared from the map, he had a small resurgence. He's in 8th place, no man's land, decently behind 7th and decently ahead of 9th.

Kid Boo is keeping steady numbers and if the trend continues should surpass Cell, seems people are realizing his nerfs weren't that severe.

Stock Dropping - Gotenks and Bardock.
Kinda silly to put Bardock here but as one of the two top tier in the game he slowed down a bit, seems like the top, top players are more leaned to sell their soul. I for one hope this trend continues.

Gotenks dropped out quite a bite since last time, he should be up there with Bardock and #16 but I guess players don't like the character...

Dreamhack's Dragon Ball tournament was mysteriously canceled so I shouldn't have much to post until the Japan Saga.

Leaderboard(LAUNCH):
SSJ Vegeta - 33
Cell - 23
Adult Gohan - 17
#16 - 13
Goku Black - 13
Kid Boo - 13
Trunks - 10
SSJ Goku - 9
Bardock - 6
#18 - 6
#21 - 6
Hit - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Gotenks - 2
Blue Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Nappa - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Yamcha, Beerus, Freeza and Broly.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 1):
Cell - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 38
Kid Boo - 35
Bardock - 29
SSJ Goku - 15
Adult Gohan - 15
Trunks - 13
Goku Black - 13
Gotenks - 11
#16 - 10
Piccolo - 7
Yamcha - 6
#21 - 6
Tenshinhan - 4
Zamasu - 4
Hit - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Majin Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1

No appearances: Beerus and Kuririn.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 2)
#16 - 60
Bardock - 57
SSJ Vegeta - 48
Cell - 38
Kid Boo- 36
Adult Gohan - 35
Gotenks - 31
SSJ Goku - 24
Tenshinhan - 18
Piccolo - 15
Base Vegeta - 14
Goku Black - 13
Ginyu - 12
Teen Gohan - 12
Trunks - 12
Yamcha - 12
#21 - 9
Vegetto - 9
Hit - 8
Zamasu - 8
Broly - 7
#18 - 6
Base Goku - 5
Cooler - 4
Majin Boo - 4
Nappa - 3
Freeza - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Beerus - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
#17 - 1

No appearances: Kuririn.

TWFighter 2018
#16 - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Ginyu - 2
Bardock - 2
Cell - 2
#18 - 1
Gotenks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo- 1
Broly - 1
Ultimate Fighting Arena 2018
#16 - 4
Bardock - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Cell - 2
Piccolo - 2
Base Vegeta - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Base Goku - 1
Ginyu - 1
Goku Black - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
Mr. Boo - 1
Summer Jam XII
Bardock - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
#16 - 3
Cell - 3
Ginyu - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Gotenks - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Mr. Boo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Trunks - 1
Nappa - 1
First Attack 2018
Adult Gohan - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Gotenks - 3
Freeza - 2
Bardock - 2
Yamcha - 2
Cell - 2
Kid Boo - 2
#16 - 2
SSJ Goku -1
Zamasu - 1
#21 - 1
Goku Black - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
The Mixup 2018
SSJ Goku - 5
Bardock - 4
#16 - 3
Kid Boo - 2
Piccolo - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Base Goku - 1
#18 - 1
#21 - 1
Goku Black - 1
Trunks - 1
Blue Goku - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
DreamHack Montreal 2018
Adult Gohan - 3
Bardock - 3
#16 - 3
Trunks - 2
Hit - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Goku Black - 1
Cell - 1
Gotenks - 1
#21 - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Socal Regionals 2018
#16 - 4
Bardock - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
Cell - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Gotenks - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Nappa - 1
Yamcha - 1
Trunks - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Broly - 1
Tokyo Game Show 2018
Bardock - 4
Cell - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
#16 - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Ginyu - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Piccolo - 1
Vegetto - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Gotenks - 1
Broly - 1
CEOtaku 2018
#16 - 5
Gotenks - 4
Bardock - 3
Zamasu - 2
Cell - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Pure Boo - 1
Piccolo - 1
Base Goku - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Ginyu - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Fall Classic 2018
Bardock - 6
Base Vegeta - 4
Cell - 3
Goku Black - 2
#16 - 2
Gotenks - 2
Vegetto - 2
#21 - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Ginyu - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Yamcha - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Revolution 2018
Adult Gohan - 3
Cell - 3
Trunks - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Goku Black - 2
Gotenks - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
#16 - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#18 - 1
Zamasu - 1
Bardock - 1
Hit - 1
Vegetto - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
TSL 7
Cell - 4
Kid Boo - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Bardock - 2
Goku Black - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Beerus - 1
#16 - 1
Ginyu - 1
Zamasu - 1
#17 - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
Base Goku - 1
Thunderstruck 2018
SSJ Vegeta - 4
Tenshinhan - 3
Bardock - 3
Cell - 3
Piccolo - 3
#16 - 3
Kid Boo - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Blue Goku - 1
#21 - 1
SEAM 2018
#16 - 4
Bardock - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Cell - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
Ginyu - 1
Cooler - 1
Beerus - 1
East Cost Throwdown 2018
#16 - 5
Bardock - 3
Gotenks - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
Ginyu - 2
Hit - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Cell - 1
Piccolo - 1
Kid Boo - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Thailand Game Show 2018
Kid Boo - 4
Bardock - 4
#16 - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Gotenks - 2
Cooler - 2
Cell - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Hit - 1
Canada Cup 2018
#16 - 4
Gotenks - 2
Bardock - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Yamcha - 2
Hit - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Cooler - 1
Piccolo - 1
Cell - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Zamasu - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Vegetto - 1
Tokyo Film Festival Invitational
SSJ Vegeta - 4
Bardock - 3
Piccolo - 2
Kid Boo - 2
#16 - 2
Cell - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Vegetto - 1
Hit - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
#21 - 1
Majin Boo - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
YBO 2018
Adult Gohan - 4
#16 - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Yamcha - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Cell - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Bardock - 1
Base Goku - 1
Freeza - 1
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Broly - 1
Piccolo - 1
Game Tyrant Expo 2018
Adult Gohan - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Kid Boo - 2
Zamasu - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
#16 - 2
Trunks - 2
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
Bardock - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
#21 - 1

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
KRILLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

one day ;_; i swear it ;_;

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised Gotenks is dropping, his ghost Oki is evil. I rarely see his level 3 now because of it. Not surprised at adult Gohan rising at all.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Ultimate Battle being the instrumental version is definitely a bummer.

Overall, I'm actually pretty happy with this list. Unmei no Hi: Tamashii vs Tamashii was my most wanted song. I hope we get more of these because I still really want Kimi ga Hero, M-2024, Aoi Kaze no HOPE, Battle Point Unlimited, and Hikari no Willpower.

Great picks, I wish they would let you decide what's in those packs lol. Also with Ultimate battle coming I wonder if we are going to get Jiren and UI Goku soon. Seems like a no brainer.

So we gonna get this new Broly or nah?

I hope so.

Last edited:

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
The higher I go up the ranked ladder the more I'm really noticing the holes in Broly's game, which sucks because I really do love playing as him. I'm back to thinking about swapping him out for maybe Tien or Goku SSJ. In the back of my head I'm also thinking about giving Frieza, Piccolo, or Vegito another try

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That would require actually acknowledging the original Dragon Ball, because GT sure won't happen. Would prefer Ultra Instinct if we end up getting yet another Goku (will actually be surprised if that doesn't happen in S2).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
If the Power Pole and Nimbus actually factor into his moveset unlike Base Goku, then that's another story.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't play at a high level (android/super sayian 2) but it is so satisfying to get some good momentum/counters/area control going as hit - if you can do that even for a few seconds at this level the match is basically over because you get inside your opponent's head and they start fumbling like crazy

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I don't mind no nimbus or power pole since the Goku from the arc they were pulling from barely use them. At best they could use the nimbus for a safe tag, since in the Saiyan Arc Gohan is rescued that way.

I rather they save Kid Goku for an hypothetical 1 on 1 game based on early Dragon Ball until the 23rd TB. It's my dream, I would main Bulma or Lunch. Zoning out with a machine gun or with a mech.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why is this a thing at this point in the tour? Has Hitbox been banned recently?

Last edited: