• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
I picked the game up on the switch on sale earlier in the month and started playing it a bit more when the season passes went on sale more recently and I've been noticing some really terrible frame skips on the switch. Is this a new issue introduced with a patch or something? I've heard the game regularly dropped but supposedly only around 55fps? I'm noticing maybe about half a second of the frames freezing.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
World Finals will have the same format as Tekken Finals. Good news since the format has more potential for entertainment.

Having to wait until February for a potential patch and DLC news is kinda of long. Still the tournament should be great.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone here experienced with Android 17? I've been picking him up and have some questions. Like I thought he could be 2H'd out of his overhead gear, but in training it seems as though he's save. The fake overhead will get clocked though.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone here experienced with Android 17? I've been picking him up and have some questions. Like I thought he could be 2H'd out of his overhead gear, but in training it seems as though he's save. The fake overhead will get clocked though.

He can't be 2H'd out of his overhead anymore. Seems like a buff on paper, but we lost an OS because of it. He can be jabbed out of if before it hits.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He can't be 2H'd out of his overhead anymore. Seems like a buff on paper, but we lost an OS because of it. He can be jabbed out of if before it hits.

Damn the jab interrupt sounds bad, that would have been a safer option for the opponent to go for anyway. I'll mess with it in training. But the H shield OS still works for the fake overhead I guess? Seemed to when I tested it but I'm pretty new to the character. Also any other buffs I should know about? I've been going off of old rooflemonger vids and stuff.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Damn the jab interrupt sounds bad, that would have been a safer option for the opponent to go for anyway. I'll mess with it in training. But the H shield OS still works for the fake overhead I guess? Seemed to when I tested it but I'm pretty new to the character. Also any other buffs I should know about? I've been going off of old rooflemonger vids and stuff.

They fixed his shield so you can't do reversal super on him when you bounce off of it on guard cancel. They took away a buff they gave him for damage proration. I can't remember much else, but the shield fix over half way through the season is the biggest change. Now you can actually use it to beat guard cancel.

EDIT: Oh, his DHC is now his reversal super and it tracks anywhere on screen when you DHC into it. He also keeps his charge from his 2S ender when you vanish now.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They fixed his shield so you can't do reversal super on him when you bounce off of it on guard cancel. They took away a buff they gave him for damage proration. I can't remember much else, but the shield fix over half way through the season is the biggest change. Now you can actually use it to beat guard cancel.

EDIT: Oh, his DHC is now his reversal super and it tracks anywhere on screen when you DHC into it. He also keeps his charge from his 2S ender when you vanish now.

I noticed that about the 2S charge and figured that had to be a change. Thanks for the info! I really like him and I think he's potentially a super strong character. Gonna keep at figuring him out.

I've been running Gogeta/Black with him. Both assists seem to help his neutral and combos, and the Gogeta/Black shell is pretty strong if he goes down.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know around what time they're shooting for for the grand finals on 02/09/19? Tryin to plan for some friends to come over and watch.

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Haven't posted this in a long time. Only 3 tournaments, but it has the Sagas included. What to say, SSJ Goku and Kid Goku that's the name of the game. Let's hope for a good patch announcement this weekend.
I'll post the tournament thread later today. Hoping for some upsets, the tournament format is so much better. Alioune is Mr.Boo's last hope to feature in a top 8 this Season(unless there's other Mr.Boo's users I'm missing), although I'll add the top 16 to this data so Alioune doesn't even need to go that far.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2 (Patch #1)
Bardock - 22
Kid Boo - 17
SSJ Goku - 17
SSJ Vegeta - 14
#16 - 12
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 10
Vegetto - 9
Videl - 7
Adult Gohan - 6
Piccolo - 6
Hit - 6
#18 - 5
Cell - 5
Trunks - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
Freeza - 3
Jiren - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
Cooler - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearance: #17, Base Goku, Goku Black and SSB Goku.

Season 2(Patch #2)
SSJ Goku - 125

Bardock - 119
Kid Goku - 106
Kid Boo - 85
Yamcha - 70
Adult Gohan - 65
Teen Gohan - 44
SSJ Vegeta - 39
Goku Black - 33
Vegetto - 32
Gotenks - 27
Cell - 27
Trunks - 24
Piccolo - 24
Tenshinhan - 23
Hit - 23
#18 - 23
Z Broly - 23
#21 - 22
SSB Goku - 21
#16 - 19
Freeza - 14
Base Goku - 13
Zamasu - 12
Base Vegeta - 11
Cooler - 10
Ginyu - 6
Jiren - 4
SSB Vegeta - 4
Nappa - 3
Videl - 3
Beerus - 3
#17 - 3
Gogeta - 3
Super Broly - 2
Kuririn - 1
Janemba - 1

No appearances: Mr.Boo.

Japan Saga
Kid Goku - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Boo - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Bardock - 1
Base Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Goku Black - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Z Broly - 1
Cooler - 1
Gogeta - 1

Spain Saga
Kid Goku - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Boo - 3
Bardock - 2
#18 - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Z Broly - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Cooler - 1
Cell - 1
Base Goku - 1
Yamcha - 1

Frosty XII
Kid Goku - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Gotenks - 2
Super Broly - 2
Bardock - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Piccolo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Z Broly - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Vegetto - 1
Cell - 1
Freeza - 1
Yamcha - 1
Ginyu - 1

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
holy SHIT that's gigantic

Thought they'd save it for the sequel tbh. With a couple other balance tweaks and some smart DLC choices FighterZ could get a whole second life.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Since nobody posted it yet, here's the videos for the new stuff.

Season 3 starts 26th of February, Kefla comes 2 days after but if you have the Season Pass you can play her sooner. I assume they didn't release Season 3 immediately due to Granblue Versus. It wouldn't benefit anyone specially Arc Sys to have these two clashing with each other.

So:
- 3 assists per character.
- New UI
- New game modes
- Multiple patches per year.
- X- Factor

What's everyone's opinion?

I for one am super hyped. This is almost like a brand new game, the only sad thing really is the lack of new stages.

Season 3 Changes:

Dramatic finish + Kefla + UI Goku

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
- 3 assists per character.
- New UI
- New game modes
- Multiple patches per year.
- X- Factor

What's everyone's opinion?

- I hope the assists are unique because so far we've seen SSJ Vegeta with rapid ki blasts, rocket kick, and DP as all his assists. Goku Blue now has his shoulder charge which is way better than his dive kick. Beerus had his DP into a kick that knocks you down, but it also appeared near the opponent. Base Vegeta basically had his auto-combo into knee drop and it looked like it bounced? SSJ Goku did something similar, not a theme I'm liking. Giving beams to Trunks, Krillin, and Yamcha is a bit worrying because they might think the fix to beams being the dominant assist is to give them to more characters? I'll have to see where they go with this, but I do like seeing some track like Hit's assist. I want to see assists that are truly varied. We have a few that are unique right now, but I want them all to be super different.

- New UI looks nice

- Don't really care unless the new game mode is "Play the game using rollback netcode!"

- They did say they would do big patches rather than small patches if needed. So I'm all for that because I don't want what happened this season again.

- Depends on how it's implemented because solo comebacks without it are still hype

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
- I hope the assists are unique because so far we've seen SSJ Vegeta with rapid ki blasts, rocket kick, and DP as all his assists. Goku Blue now has his shoulder charge which is way better than his dive kick. Beerus had his DP into a kick that knocks you down, but it also appeared near the opponent. Base Vegeta basically had his auto-combo into knee drop and it looked like it bounced? SSJ Goku did something similar, not a theme I'm liking. Giving beams to Trunks, Krillin, and Yamcha is a bit worrying because they might think the fix to beams being the dominant assist is to give them to more characters? I'll have to see where they go with this, but I do like seeing some track like Hit's assist. I want to see assists that are truly varied. We have a few that are unique right now, but I want them all to be super different.
There's a theory that one of the assists of all characters will track.
Regarding beams and diversity, I think a bit of redundancy is necessary. Less likely for players to be forced to run x. Say Kuririn and Yamcha, they are both different enough that you playstyle/strategy will influence your choice and allow character diversity. I do agree uniqueness is necessary and with triple the assist options, we can keep assists like Janemba's while giving him something that won't make him a niche.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even if more beams is the result of more assists, it still means teams can do that without a Goku. Team building will be a lot more flexible.

I also don't want to count out the new combo assists, that's fairly new territory so it's hard to say how they will play out.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
There's a theory that one of the assists of all characters will track.
Regarding beams and diversity, I think a bit of redundancy is necessary. Less likely for players to be forced to run x. Say Kuririn and Yamcha, they are both different enough that you playstyle/strategy will influence your choice and allow character diversity. I do agree uniqueness is necessary and with triple the assist options, we can keep assists like Janemba's while giving him something that won't make him a niche.

True... if there isn't a bit of redundancy then it could come down to "who has doom missiles?" I'll admit, I'm more interested in Trunks now that he has a beam assist. I only had SSJ Goku on my team because I felt like I had to. Yamcha already has a great assist, so I guess a beam would depend on the team for him? Krillin will never throw that rock as an assist ever again. Even small tweaks like block stun, hit stun, and scaling would make a world of difference. Could you imagine Krillin's beam having the most block stun? That alone would be a big enough difference for someone to choose Krillin instead of SSJ Goku.

I'm curious as to whether or not the tracking assists like Base Vegeta's play out fully on block and if the knee drop would be an overhead. I just have too many questions about the new assists. If Base Goku had an assist where he just comes out to charge the spirit bomb that would be amazing. I love his current assist, but I would probably pick that instead. I just need it to be the 26th already or get some patch notes.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the game a few days ago. I didn't expect story mode to be so funny at points.

I don't really expect that I can compete on a competitive level though.

I got the game for Kefla.

I tried Hit out in practice and he seems pretty fun Is he looked down upon in online?

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Just bought the game a few days ago. I didn't expect story mode to be so funny at points.

I don't really expect that I can compete on a competitive level though.

I got the game for Kefla.

I tried Hit out in practice and he seems pretty fun Is he looked down upon in online?

No point in discussing tiers now as everything is about to change come Feb 26. (Everyone will have 3 assists and balance changes in case you're unaware).

If you're curious though, Hit is solidly mid tier.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No point in discussing tiers now as everything is about to change come Feb 26. (Everyone will have 3 assists and balance changes in case you're unaware).

If you're curious though, Hit is solidly mid tier.
Nice. He seems like a slightly difficult character master.

Who do you guys think the remaining four DLC characters will be? Supposedly Omega Shenron will be one. I hope not but eh.

I feel like Roshi and Toppa will be one for sure.

I'm hoping Uub makes it in.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever stuff is dug up through datamining this game, it's generally true. I basically consider it confirmed that Omega Shenron is coming. I'm disappointed we only get five characters this season. We'll probably know the other two within a day or two of the update dropping.

Hit is a strong character, but he's not a part of the current meta. Thank God season three is right around the corner. You hopped in at a good time, this looks like one hell of an update.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Finally jumped back in after over a year fighting-game-abstinence (not that i was anywhere near competent before :)).
Excited for the new Updated and already immensly enjoying the game again. So much fun.

I also finally got out of my stupid winning-focused mindset and even enjoyed getting wrecked by better player online as a learning experience.
(Nevertheless a good feeling that a solid defense against super-dash-spam is still good enough to make it through most fights in the low ranks XD)

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
just got the game and was wondering if the DLC ever goes on sale on psn, or if I should just buy the season passes right now?

FighterZ pass 1 and 2 (or individiual characters) seem to go on sale pretty regularly now. If they're not current on sale (maybe just the special editions are?) be patient, especially with Kefla coming in a couple weeks.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Have to close the Season 2 character usage numbers. Probably there won't be many changes, doubt Kid Goku caught up with Bardock.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh I shouldn't have watched DBFZ finals because it was hype af and now I'm playing the game again after almost half a year of it gathering dust. I expect to get super salty very soon and put it down until the balance patch comes. Fenritti's team is fun though.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I shouldn't have watched DBFZ finals because it was hype af and now I'm playing the game again after almost half a year of it gathering dust. I expect to get super salty very soon and put it down until the balance patch comes. Fenritti's team is fun though.

thats a sexy cell combo though

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
- EX moves now cost half a bar.
- You can cancel vanish into super dash and specials.
- You can cancel into dr (tick throws)
- Animations seem way faster.
- Ginyu has a new level 3.
- GT Goku can't mix after level 3, it seems.

And a bunch of more changes... Hopefully translations of the stream come soon. EX move spam seems wild.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Known character changes so far. Credit to Monoker0s on twitter.

EROrtMpU8AA01de

Lots of good shit here. I also saw on reddit that it looks like Ginyu body swap seems to be unblockable if youre on the ground, but is blockable if youre in the air. That or something weird is going on with it.

Roofle also has a good video up going over most of the known system/character changes. Basically recapping all known stuff from the stream.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
- EX moves now cost half a bar.
- You can cancel vanish into super dash and specials.
- You can cancel into dr (tick throws)
- Animations seem way faster.
- Ginyu has a new level 3.
- GT Goku can't mix after level 3, it seems.

And a bunch of more changes... Hopefully translations of the stream come soon. EX move spam seems wild.

So they kept the fun part (imo) of GT Goku's spirit bomb, but took away the bullshit. That's a fair nerf, but I hope any follow-up super scales like a double super. I don't think EX spam will be too prominent if it still has the cooldown after meter use. You're still giving up meter gain, but this gives me more incentive to finally use EX moves.

I'm hoping for fixes to counters like Vegito's and Jiren's. Why are you able to vanish against Vegito's "barrier" and Jiren's beam counter? Why is Jiren's physical ... broken? lol

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Krillin's rock finally hits superdash.

He's going to be good in S3. A solid anchor(though he will be comfortable in any spot really), he already had the toolset of one, just lacking a good assist. Now he has Kamehameha and Solar Flare, and even his old rock assist might find some new gimmicky uses being solid air coverage(two rocks now as well, haha) and infinite senzus.

He's still a more technical character so he won't be a common pick, but he's going to destroy anyone unprepared for him.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Almost complete patch notes but in broken English:

List of all the character assists:

docs.google.com

DBFZ S3 Assists

Sheet1 Character,SS Goku,SS Vegeta,Android 16,Krillin,Kid Buu,Fat Buu,Nappa,Yamcha,Tien,Adult Gohan,Hit,Bluku,Beerus,Goku Black,Android 21,Bardock,Broly,Vegito,Zamasu Assist A,236S,j.236S,236S,214L (Rock/Bean),214S,236S,236S ,236L,236S,214L,236L~H,j.214L,236L,236S,236L,236L,236S,236S,236S Assist...

Really liking a ton of these changes, loving them in fact. They are also giving love to the original assists that weren't as used/were underpowered.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
People are going to rush to anchor Frieza.

And then quickly drop off as they realize betting it all on a gimmick isn't giving them instant wins and they don't want to put in the time to learn how to play a more technical character like him.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
People are going to rush to anchor Frieza.

And then quickly drop off as they realize betting it all on a gimmick isn't giving them instant wins and they don't want to put in the time to learn how to play a more technical character like him.

Technical by dbfz standards isn't really that technical.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
So?

It's still enough to make the average player not bother, otherwise with how popular he is in the series there would be a lot more Friezas around right now, it's not like he's a bad character anymore.

Right now, he's just solid, so there's little incentive to pick him up, since could get better results with less effort with other characters. If the upcoming character/system changes make anchor Frieza legit top tier, he's going to be all over the place. This is how the game has always been- despite the tiers being relatively compressed, the few highest tier characters see wildly disproportionate competitive representation because it's very easy to pick up new characters in this game.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Right now, he's just solid, so there's little incentive to pick him up, since could get better results with less effort with other characters. If the upcoming character/system changes make anchor Frieza legit top tier, he's going to be all over the place. This is how the game has always been- despite the tiers being relatively compressed, the few highest tier characters see wildly disproportionate competitive representation because it's very easy to pick up new characters in this game.
Frieza is one of few characters that does offer a reason to pick him over stronger characters, because he offers a unique gameplan someone might enjoy more.

But anyways, your argument is a good one for why he likely won't become super common. I'm not fully sold on running him as anchor will be better than on point with more flexible Sparking uses, but even if he becomes an amazing anchor, why pick him when there are easier to play anchors that are equally amazing and don't require Sparking gimmicks? T.Gohan isn't going anywhere.