• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I've been wanting to ramp up on Cooler or someone else who has specials that knock people out of Superdash. Goku Black's specials still didn't get buffed did they?

Would this be better- Vegito / Gohan / ssj Vegeta?

I'm just spitballing here

(Also I assume you mean A.Gohan?)

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting to ramp up on Cooler or someone else who has specials that knock people out of Superdash
tenor.gif

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
it is super bullshit that there's no proper Chala Head Chala in either anime pack

only the newer remix

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Beerus DP is good now. That armor lets him stuff superdash now. This is huge for the guy. Also shoutouts to Broly who also said hell naw to superdashers. Straight up gets full combos on reaction to them now.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yes, I bought Music Pack 2 so fucking quick it wasn't funny.

Having OP 2 from Super there was enough, ka ka kazi daze made it even sweeter even if it was the Instrumental.

Unmei Tamashi is great too, and Dragon Soul is pretty rad. Also wish we had a proper Cha La, or gotten Hikari no Willpower, but had to support this.

Lee Chaolan, real talk, did Kami bless you with the 20 zeni?

Sorry man, would have replied sooner haven't been feeling well lately. So, was this actually a thing? lol was it like you log in and it gave you 20 zeni? It gave me like 15,000 randomly, although I suspect that was from fighting Cell many times for Last week's party battle. Lemme know what you mean though.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I meant A. Gohan. I really like Goku Black, I'd rather replace Vegeta SSJ.
I wouldn't recommend replacing SSJ Vegeta if taking anti-SD options into account (his 214L/M/H knee is one of the few specials that beats SD even if done when they're right on you). Not a very high-damage fighter on his own, but a solid all-around character all the same. Of course, I build most of my teams with a Goku Black/SSJ Vegeta shell, so I'm at least somewhat biased.
I've been wanting to ramp up on Cooler or someone else who has specials that knock people out of Superdash. Goku Black's specials still didn't get buffed did they?

Would this be better- Vegito / Gohan / ssj Vegeta?

I'm just spitballing here

(Also I assume you mean A.Gohan?)
The damage on 236L/M was increased a bit for Goku Black and the sliding knockdown seems a bit different on the H version, but I wouldn't say he's much different otherwise.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Sorry man, would have replied sooner haven't been feeling well lately. So, was this actually a thing? lol was it like you log in and it gave you 20 zeni? It gave me like 15,000 randomly, although I suspect that was from fighting Cell many times for Last week's party battle. Lemme know what you mean though.

Whoops sorry I meant are you still trying to get the 20 mil zeni trophy

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit Beerus DP is good now. That armor lets him stuff superdash now. This is huge for the guy. Also shoutouts to Broly who also said hell naw to superdashers. Straight up gets full combos on reaction to them now.

Seeing Beerus' improved 214S beat super dash just to hear my friend say "that's bullshit!" gave me the greatest grin I've had in a long time.

I'm still surprised Namco didn't touch Gotenks or 17, but there was that patch where they didn't touch Cell or Beerus. With the way they're pushing out patches I expect another after the world tour is over..

- Fixed glitch where 17 didn't show up on character select screen
- Give players the option to mute Gotenks
- Beerus players with over 500 matches receive 5000000 zeni

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell yes, I bought Music Pack 2 so fucking quick it wasn't funny.

Having OP 2 from Super there was enough, ka ka kazi daze made it even sweeter even if it was the Instrumental.

Unmei Tamashi is great too, and Dragon Soul is pretty rad. Also wish we had a proper Cha La, or gotten Hikari no Willpower, but had to support this.

Are you sure you didn't join an union?

there's one for every character and they give you money for how it does globally

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

he is so fun this patch its insane.

Yeah I could try going back to Broly esp now that he has been buffed

Better enjoy him quick cause he probably wont survive the next patch knowing arc sys

Seeing Beerus' improved 214S beat super dash just to hear my friend say "that's bullshit!" gave me the greatest grin I've had in a long time.

I'm still surprised Namco didn't touch Gotenks or 17, but there was that patch where they didn't touch Cell or Beerus. With the way they're pushing out patches I expect another after the world tour is over..

- Fixed glitch where 17 didn't show up on character select screen
- Give players the option to mute Gotenks
- Beerus players with over 500 matches receive 5000000 zeni

Too early for arc sys to gauge on what to change with 17. probably why coolor and 17 were the least touched characters in the patch. Gotenks is... Idk... Can't explain that decision tbh.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea that the music pack was released, so I picked it up last night. Damn it's awesome. I wish we can customize the music in the menu screens and arcade mode. My only issue with the packs is that they don't include the full version (which is fucked up because we are paying $15 a pack) and the songs don't loop quick enough.

Played for about 3 hours today, and damn, I kept whiffing my combos today. Was totally off. Maybe I am getting old and my reaction time isn't as good for a game this fast. I have also played the 1 vs 1 and it's actually really damn fun. I was quite surprised how well it translates to a 1 vs 1 fighter.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Too early for arc sys to gauge on what to change with 17. probably why coolor and 17 were the least touched characters in the patch. Gotenks is... Idk... Can't explain that decision tbh.

ArcSys has plenty of experience balancing via a dartboard if needed. I think somebody would need to actually play 17 so they can figure out what's actually wrong wrong.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Jumped back into this after a break for a few months and I've got a lot of rust to shake off. Though I did have a good set of matches against somebody where I could see them getting more heated as time went on and the losses started stacking up which was really satisfying after losing two rounds to them due to playing terribly.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the new tournies offer ways to earn more Zeni faster.

Doing Story mode 8 - 15 on Expert again, and again, and again is driving me mad. lol.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Man, not being able to call assists while blocking in reality is a really terrible decision

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Man, not being able to call assists while blocking in reality is a really terrible decision

Yeah, it indirectly weakening a well-timed 18 or Cooler assist is sad. I get what they were going for and maybe they thought this was the best solution to mashed dragon punches turned into a mix-up. It's really not and they could have gone about it a different way. Besides, if that was their goal then can I ask for no assist calls during a blocked, raw super dash? lol

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it indirectly weakening a well-timed 18 or Cooler assist is sad. I get what they were going for and maybe they thought this was the best solution to mashed dragon punches turned into a mix-up. It's really not and they could have gone about it a different way. Besides, if that was their goal then can I ask for no assist calls during a blocked, raw super dash? lol
In a game that's already very offensive-oriented, taking away another defensive option was just a bad call in general. Not to mention it accidentally makes ghost OKI better too

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Hope the new tournies offer ways to earn more Zeni faster.

Doing Story mode 8 - 15 on Expert again, and again, and again is driving me mad. lol.
That's why I was asking did you get the 20 mil zeni trophy or did you abandon your quest. I got the trophy a few weeks ago. I just let Hit 1v1 the cpu while I was afk. I have a Turbo button though

I was gonna try grinding the story mode on Hard but it was just too awful. I never made it out of the first story arc

I always wished assists were a bit more defensive in this game. In BBTAG, assists work more like how I felt they should whereas they can actually help you get out of a bad spot. Granted, I might be thinking more along the lines of the combo breaker.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I was asking did you get the 20 mil zeni trophy or did you abandon your quest. I got the trophy a few weeks ago. I just let Hit 1v1 the cpu while I was afk. I have a Turbo button though

I was gonna try grinding the story mode on Hard but it was just too awful. I never made it out of the first story arc

Ahh, ok I remember you mentioning this a while back. Nah, I don't have a controller button with a turbo. Want to let me borrow yours? lol

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Been dipping into this quite a bit over the last week or so and I was reminded of the fact that I don't understand the logic behind ranked points at all. Person with 50k more than me beats me and he gets 15k, I beat him and I get 3k.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at fighting games. Thinking of grabbing this on Switch in (another) attempt to finally break into the genre.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I cant imagine getting this on the Switch. I'd recommend getting dbfz on PC or PS4 (maybe even both if you're crazy like me)
If you must have a fighting-type game on Switch I would recommend Smash and then join that competitive thread to get non-wifi players to fight with

The reason I dissuade from Switch I never see anyone in dbfz discord mention that version

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I tried it on Switch during the beta and found it perfectly acceptable.

But I imagine the online community is far smaller.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I cant imagine getting this on the Switch. I'd recommend getting dbfz on PC or PS4 (maybe even both if you're crazy like me)
If you must have a fighting-type game on Switch I would recommend Smash and then join that competitive thread to get non-wifi players to fight with

The reason I dissuade from Switch I never see anyone in dbfz discord mention that version
Already grabbed Smash anyway!

Switch version of this is fine for me. Not really going to be online, and I'm far more likely to actually play it.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Already grabbed Smash anyway!

Switch version of this is fine for me. Not really going to be online, and I'm far more likely to actually play it.
Just out of curiosity I asked in the dbfz reddit discord does anyone play on Switch and got an immediate response. So for any other future Switch owners that might see this conversation-- well there you go. I always encourage folks to hop on a discord channel so you can direct feedback and improve.

so just buy the game and start playing. no reason to ask esp if you love the series like most of us.

Firaga

Oct 29, 2017
Just got back into this game today. The state of the lobby is sad. I have nobody to play with. :(

I just got the switch version and I guess I should sell it instead of keeping it if the community is even smaller than pc.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity I asked in the dbfz reddit discord does anyone play on Switch and got an immediate response. So for any other future Switch owners that might see this conversation-- well there you go. I always encourage folks to hop on a discord channel so you can direct feedback and improve.

so just buy the game and start playing. no reason to ask esp if you love the series like most of us.
Thanks - good to know.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Just got back into this game today. The state of the lobby is sad. I have nobody to play with. :(

I just got the switch version and I guess I should sell it instead of keeping it if the community is even smaller than pc.
Oh so the community is small on the Switch then. Yeah only one guy responded to my question on dbfz reddit discord which is one of the larger ones I know of

Well sounds like he's gonna be happy with playing it locally. The single player is not so bad for a single playthrough too maybe...

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
can we get this in dbfz

How is DBXV2 getting such amazing support. I rarely play the game but I just might get these dlc

Would be a no-brainer purchase in dbfz though and inject more excitement

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I think Namco and ASW were surprised at the success of the game.

If we get an season 2 it might have been a reaction to the success not anything preplanned.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
can we get this in dbfz

How is DBXV2 getting such amazing support. I rarely play the game but I just might get these dlc

Would be a no-brainer purchase in dbfz though and inject more excitement

Infinitely cheaper than, say, FighterZ content, and it's immensely popular because it's just really strong fanservice. And easier to get into than DBFZ.

Personally I was super into XV1 until I was VERY MUCH not into it. It's not a good game. Great fanservice, terrible game. I've heard XV2 is better, but I can't be bothered.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Funny thing is the lobbies for DBXV2 are still fairly nicely populated on the Nintendo Switch too. I just happened to login this weekend since I was testing Nintendo Online trial

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
New patch, new leaderboard. Almost everyone agrees Gotenks is the best character in this iteration, some thought he was the best in the previous patch yet he didn't break top 5.

We are starting slow with two European tournaments. Some weird numbers to start, seems everyone in Spain loves their beam assist. Also #18 is regarded very highly in Europe.

Next week we have the last Saga in Australia and another Dreamhack in Spain. The numbers should start to shape up with them. Kazunoko should continue his gate-keeping, top 8 should be fun in spite of it.

Leaderboard(LAUNCH):
SSJ Vegeta - 33
Cell - 23
Adult Gohan - 17
#16 - 13
Goku Black - 13
Kid Boo - 13
Trunks - 10
SSJ Goku - 9
Bardock - 6
#18 - 6
#21 - 6
Hit - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Gotenks - 2
Blue Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Nappa - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Yamcha, Beerus, Freeza and Broly.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 1):
Cell - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 38
Kid Boo - 35
Bardock - 29
SSJ Goku - 15
Adult Gohan - 15
Trunks - 13
Goku Black - 13
Gotenks - 11
#16 - 10
Piccolo - 7
Yamcha - 6
#21 - 6
Tenshinhan - 4
Zamasu - 4
Hit - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Majin Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1

No appearances: Beerus and Kuririn.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 2)
#16 - 65
Bardock - 61
SSJ Vegeta - 49
Kid Boo- 42
Cell - 39
Adult Gohan - 38
Gotenks - 32
SSJ Goku - 30
Tenshinhan - 19
Piccolo - 15
Base Vegeta - 15
Goku Black - 15
Ginyu - 15
Teen Gohan - 14
Trunks - 14
Yamcha - 14
Vegetto - 10
Hit - 10
#21 - 9
#18 - 9
Zamasu - 8
Broly - 7
Base Goku - 5
Cooler - 5
Majin Boo - 4
Freeza - 4
Nappa - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Beerus - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
#17 - 1

No appearances: Kuririn.
Leaderboard(Post-Patch Beerus is good now?)
SSJ Goku - 7
Kid Boo - 5
#18 - 4
Yamcha - 4
Hit- 4
#16 - 3
Bardock - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Gotenks - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Vegetto - 1