• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
New patch, new leaderboard. Almost everyone agrees Gotenks is the best character in this iteration, some thought he was the best in the previous patch yet he didn't break top 5.

We are starting slow with two European tournaments. Some weird numbers to start, seems everyone in Spain loves their beam assist. Also #18 is regarded very highly in Europe.

Next week we have the last Saga in Australia and another Dreamhack in Spain. The numbers should start to shape up with them. Kazunoko should continue his gate-keeping, top 8 should be fun in spite of it.

Leaderboard(LAUNCH):
SSJ Vegeta - 33
Cell - 23
Adult Gohan - 17
#16 - 13
Goku Black - 13
Kid Boo - 13
Trunks - 10
SSJ Goku - 9
Bardock - 6
#18 - 6
#21 - 6
Hit - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Gotenks - 2
Blue Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Nappa - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Yamcha, Beerus, Freeza and Broly.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 1):
Cell - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 38
Kid Boo - 35
Bardock - 29
SSJ Goku - 15
Adult Gohan - 15
Trunks - 13
Goku Black - 13
Gotenks - 11
#16 - 10
Piccolo - 7
Yamcha - 6
#21 - 6
Tenshinhan - 4
Zamasu - 4
Hit - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Majin Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1

No appearances: Beerus and Kuririn.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 2)
#16 - 65
Bardock - 61
SSJ Vegeta - 49
Kid Boo- 42
Cell - 39
Adult Gohan - 38
Gotenks - 32
SSJ Goku - 30
Tenshinhan - 19
Piccolo - 15
Base Vegeta - 15
Goku Black - 15
Ginyu - 15
Teen Gohan - 14
Trunks - 14
Yamcha - 14
Vegetto - 10
Hit - 10
#21 - 9
#18 - 9
Zamasu - 8
Broly - 7
Base Goku - 5
Cooler - 5
Majin Boo - 4
Freeza - 4
Nappa - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Beerus - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
#17 - 1

No appearances: Kuririn.
Leaderboard(Post-Patch Beerus is good now?)
SSJ Goku - 7
Kid Boo - 5
#18 - 4
Yamcha - 4
Hit- 4
#16 - 3
Bardock - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Gotenks - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Vegetto - 1
Base Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Trunks - 1
Nappa - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1

Dreamhack Winter
Yamcha - 3
Gotenks - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
#16 - 2
Bardock - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Trunks - 1
Nappa - 1
Hit- 1

Dragon Rush Finals
SSJ Goku - 5
#18 - 4
Hit - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Bardock - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1
Yamcha - 1
#16 - 1

Of course now that Smash is here we finally see Barock's use tank a bit more. Good to see so much SSJ Goku in that list. working as intended!

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Krillin so dead you didn't even bother listing him. ;_;
You mean from the not used list? I didn't bother since there's a bunch of characters missing.

I use Kuririn he's not bad. Seems like pro's just don't like putting up work for marginal returns, although if someone saved a Kuririn for a big tournament they could surprise a lot of people.

Of course now that Smash is here we finally see Barock's use tank a bit more. Good to see so much SSJ Goku in that list. working as intended!
Why? I would assume it would stay the same or increase since Bardock is an easy character, meaning those dividing their attention with Smash would stay with him or turn to him if necessary.
Only his level 3 got nerfed, he's still dumb strong.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
You mean from the not used list? I didn't bother since there's a bunch of characters missing.

I use Kuririn he's not bad. Seems like pro's just don't like putting up work for marginal returns, although if someone saved a Kuririn for a big tournament they could surprise a lot of people.

Why? I would assume it would stay the same or increase since Bardock is an easy character, meaning those dividing their attention with Smash would stay with him or turn to him if necessary.
yeah I meant now that my attention has sort of turned to Smash~ ofc there will be less Bardock out there now which will pull me back in towards at least watching dbfz tourneys more

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
can we get this in dbfz

How is DBXV2 getting such amazing support. I rarely play the game but I just might get these dlc

Would be a no-brainer purchase in dbfz though and inject more excitement

xenoverse 2 looks like hot garbage and is evidently easy to add shitty models as dlc because they crank them out like clockwork every time something new happens

fighterz is one of the most beautiful games ever made because they take their time with these things. season 2 will be upon us soon enough.

who's ready for:

ultra instinct goku
ssb gogeta
super saiyan 4 goku
kid goku
tullece
broly (dbs broly ver.)

:D

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
xenoverse 2 looks like hot garbage and is evidently easy to add shitty models as dlc because they crank them out like clockwork every time something new happens

Ah sounds like you never ran DBXV on PC. The issue is their shaders are pretty terrible (fans have improved the look of characters very nicely by updating the shaders with mods). Anyway my post wasn't an attempt to get us to post excuses for ASW or discuss DBXV's dated rendering shaders. It's a post to get new content for dbfz

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I love XV2 because it's picking up where BT3 left off. I am so ready for XV3 already. I also enjoy the SP content and the CAC. That being said, FighterZ is probably one of my favorite games of all time. It's my go-to game that I play in between games that I keep coming back to. I really can't get enough of it. I can sit down for hours playing online or hop on the training mode. It's extremely rewarding, plays great, looks gorgeous and captures the spirit of the series. Fighting online with the music DLC just pumps me up. I hope there is a season 2 and I can't imagine how awesome a full sequel will be.

For FighterZ 2 I'd like to see:

More level 3 supers
More assists options
More level transitions that lead into the air
More install specials for characters that can transform. I would love to level SSJ Goku up to SSJ2 if he has 3 bars for example.

I'd also like to see optional support characters if you want to make the game crazy, like Smash and Extreme Boutoden, for characters to make a cameo.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017

how is Krillin good? serious question.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
The finals have been announced:

how is Krillin good? serious question.
He has good neutral tools: his charged Kamehameha which is quite fast, the after-image and the directional ki-blasts.

He's a very good mix up character and can do it without assists. His level 3 also hides the screen like Hellzone Grenade. Don't let him put you in the corner.
Plus his wife is hot.

I didn't say he was good, just not bad. He's probably mid-tier.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
he's hot and all the people want his bod

Legit I do think he's got great mixups, as others have mentioned. I've been playing him since launch, and continue to love him. He's just not as good as a lot of other characters, and his assist sucks. So nobody will play him. Don't blame 'em, but I do wish they would, heh.

Nov 11, 2017
Since the finals for the World Tour is on the 27th we could possibly hear more about the future of dbfz around that timeframe. Hopefully season 2 dlc announcements I doubt they will be doing any revisions any time soon but would be great to have some news about one.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
didnt know that about krillin, to me it just seemed he sucks and has shit range on normals. he's the only disappointment since i actually like him in the manga/anime

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I use a hori rap4 arcade stick. It has a Turbo feature. I use it with ps4/pc. Might support ps3 as well I never checked

Gotcha, thanks. I might see if I can get a cheap ps3 controller that's compat with PS4 at this point. I don't play enough casual matches, and I'm driving myself insane continually going through story mode for that final trophy. lol

They should have made it 10 mil

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
No Dragon Ball in Evo Japan...

This is seriously dumb. Is this on Bandai or Shueisha or both? Well, hoping for the biggest side event ever.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Sounds like Bamco didn't want it there for whatever reason. Perhaps Clashing with the end of the World Tour?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Saga 7 was pretty fun.
We're going to have 4 LCQ, that's going to be crazy.

In other news, our very own FSLink made top 8 at Northeast Championships. SonicFox is also showing off his new team.

Here's the times and channel to watch it.
4:00 PM EST/1:00 PM PST/ 21:00 GMT
https://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I try to always be upbeat and positive if I can -but- their announcement of Team Red working on GranBlue troubles me. Hopefully I am reading too much into it. But my philosophy is to try to read the words I see on the wall.

I put no stock into that vergeben leaker guy

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Three tournaments in three different continents. Tendencies are starting to emerge, people are now imitating Kazunoko the great gatekeeper and it shows.
Ironically I now see people complaining when his team is the perfect example of creatively, building a team around one's strategy and playstyle when at the time everyone was shoving Bardock and #16 everywhere...

SSJ Goku has an abnormal number due to Spain, while he's still being used quite a bit everywhere there it's crazy. Bardock is still going strong while #16 seems to have been abandoned by some.
Meanwhile #18 and Hit are going strong. Nice to see these characters emerging. I expect Piccolo and Vegetto to grow.

Leaderboard(LAUNCH):
SSJ Vegeta - 33
Cell - 23
Adult Gohan - 17
#16 - 13
Goku Black - 13
Kid Boo - 13
Trunks - 10
SSJ Goku - 9
Bardock - 6
#18 - 6
#21 - 6
Hit - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Gotenks - 2
Blue Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Nappa - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Yamcha, Beerus, Freeza and Broly.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 1):
Cell - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 38
Kid Boo - 35
Bardock - 29
SSJ Goku - 15
Adult Gohan - 15
Trunks - 13
Goku Black - 13
Gotenks - 11
#16 - 10
Piccolo - 7
Yamcha - 6
#21 - 6
Tenshinhan - 4
Zamasu - 4
Hit - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Majin Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1

No appearances: Beerus and Kuririn.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 2)
#16 - 65
Bardock - 61
SSJ Vegeta - 49
Kid Boo- 42
Cell - 39
Adult Gohan - 38
Gotenks - 32
SSJ Goku - 30
Tenshinhan - 19
Piccolo - 15
Base Vegeta - 15
Goku Black - 15
Ginyu - 15
Teen Gohan - 14
Trunks - 14
Yamcha - 14
Vegetto - 10
Hit - 10
#21 - 9
#18 - 9
Zamasu - 8
Broly - 7
Base Goku - 5
Cooler - 5
Majin Boo - 4
Freeza - 4
Nappa - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Beerus - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
#17 - 1

No appearances: Kuririn.
Leaderboard(Post-Patch Beerus is good now?)
SSJ Goku - 17
Adult Gohan - 12
Bardock - 11
Gotenks - 10
Yamcha - 9
#18 - 8
Hit- 8
Kid Boo - 7
#16 - 7
Cell - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 4
Piccolo - 3
Tenshinhan - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Vegetto - 2
Base Goku - 2
Freeza - 2
Ginyu - 2
Zamasu - 2
Goku Black - 1
Trunks - 1
Nappa - 1
#17 - 1
#21 - 1

No appearances: Beerus, Kuririn, Broly, SSB Vegeta, SSB Goku, Cooler and Mr.Boo.
Dreamhack Winter
Yamcha - 3
Gotenks - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
#16 - 2
Bardock - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Trunks - 1
Nappa - 1
Hit- 1
Dragon Rush Finals
SSJ Goku - 5
#18 - 4
Hit - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Bardock - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1
Yamcha - 1
#16 - 1
Dreamhack Sevilla
SSJ Goku - 6
Adult Gohan - 5
Bardock - 3
#16 - 2
Hit - 2
#18 - 1
Piccolo - 1
#17 - 1
Gotenks - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
Cell - 1
Couchwarriors Cross Up
Gotenks - 4
Bardock - 3
Yamcha - 3
Piccolo - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Ginyu - 1
Hit - 1
#18 - 1
Freeza - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Northeast Championships
Gotenks - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
#18 - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Freeza - 1
Cell - 1
Base Goku - 1
Ginyu - 1
Vegetto - 1
Yamcha - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kid Boo - 1
#21 - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing SSJ Goku at the top of that list is both a little eye opening and a little satisfying since he's way more fun to watch than Bardock or Gotenks in my opinion

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Three tournaments in three different continents. Tendencies are starting to emerge, people are now imitating Kazunoko the great gatekeeper and it shows.
Ironically I now see people complaining when his team is the perfect example of creatively, building a team around one's strategy and playstyle when at the time everyone was shoving Bardock and #16 everywhere...

I actually was using it before I knew Kazunoko was (picked it up right after EVO, swapping out SSJ Goku for Yamcha), but once I saw Kaz be successful with the team I'd be an idiot to drop the team when I actually enjoy it. It was amusing seeing people get salty about my team at NEC (both on Twitch chat and in real life). It also really surprises me that it took this long for more people to use the team, it's extremely good.

Here's a portion of FSLink gameplay at 6:22
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349934493

[edit] I would've posted more time slots with FSLink footage but I had to rush out to work early this morning.

Thanks dude. Also here's some more footage, I think I played better in top 16 than top 8 but I've never actually played in a top 8 like that before lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349460574?t=09h01m03s

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I actually was using it before I knew Kazunoko was (picked it up right after EVO, swapping out SSJ Goku for Yamcha), but once I saw Kaz be successful with the team I'd be an idiot to drop the team when I actually enjoy it. It was amusing seeing people get salty about my team at NEC (both on Twitch chat and in real life). It also really surprises me that it took this long for more people to use the team, it's extremely good.
I wasn't throwing shade at you or nobody in particular, just at the community and their sheep mentality in general.
I remember you saying how Gotenks was number 1 in your opinion a couple of months ago.

Did people really got salty in real-life due to your team? That's sad..., twitch chat is expected. Congrats on the top 8! I felt you were playing a bit nervous, some of you Gohan combo choices were peculiar.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Did people really got salty in real-life due to your team? That's sad..., twitch chat is expected.

Wasn't directly to my face or anything, just like "ggs", handshake, and then I overhear them talking about how the current meta is stupid to their friends lmao

Congrats on the top 8! I felt you were playing a bit nervous, some of you Gohan combo choices were peculiar.
A bit, not too much more than usual, but I did go for more "tourney-friendly" combos with Gohan especially since everyone dies in 2-3 hits in this game anyway. I think more than anything I just wasn't playing well in general, kept dropping Ghost oki setups more on day 2 than day 1, etc.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't directly to my face or anything, just like "ggs", handshake, and then I overhear them talking about how the current meta is stupid to their friends lmao

A bit, not too much more than usual, but I did go for more "tourney-friendly" combos with Gohan especially since everyone dies in 2-3 hits in this game anyway. I think more than anything I just wasn't playing well in general, kept dropping Ghost oki setups more on day 2 than day 1, etc.

Aw damn, sry dude I didn't realize it was you. I'll be honest, I was cheering for the other guy since he was playing Tien, but good shit. ;p

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017

I like the current meta a lot more than the previous ones, tbh. There's a few things that are annoying, but I'm enjoying the game more.

I do not play Gotenks, Adult Gohan, or Yamcha. I still roll with Cell, Bardock, and SSJ Vegeta with no complaints.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I like the current meta a lot more than the previous ones, tbh. There's a few things that are annoying, but I'm enjoying the game more.

I do not play Gotenks, Adult Gohan, or Yamcha. I still roll with Cell, Bardock, and SSJ Vegeta with no complaints.

Oh yeah, it's refreshing not having to fight a million Cells for sure. And I love being able to get hit by 16/Bardock/Gotenks Lv3s and actually attempt to react to the mixups instead of just holding a block direction and guessing. But it's like, man, I didn't pick up this team this patch lol, it's not my fault the balancing team randomly buffed my team for no reason.

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Toei probably wanted money to air the trailer so it was canceled.

Seems like Dragon Ball's panel at Jump Festa was a disappointment, I didn't heard anything about FighterZ.
World Tour Finals is likely the place for the Season 2 announcement. Can't say I'm that interested in light of the recent news, I might boycott future DLC.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
They really should've had another way to get lvl 4, 5, and 6 skills. No one has them and I can't really fault them for that.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

12/26 (Wednesday) From 19: 00 "DBFZ Official Fighters Lobby" New Year's End Special 🔥 Deliver in super deluxe edition inviting the past 6 guests maximum Of course not only the viewer's battle planning, but also a new project which is inevitable excitement is prepared ✨ Do not miss it 👀

Oct 27, 2017

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

12/26 (Wednesday) From 19: 00 "DBFZ Official Fighters Lobby" New Year's End Special 🔥 Deliver in super deluxe edition inviting the past 6 guests maximum Of course not only the viewer's battle planning, but also a new project which is inevitable excitement is prepared ✨ Do not miss it 👀

Someone needs to program a Google Translate > English translator at some point.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Probably just another DBFZ Deluxe edition trailer

But the translation does hint at "new project". But this is Bandai- they wouldn't get people worked up only to let them down with a Jump Force trailer would they? LOL that would be nuts

But honestly the only thing that would get me pumped is lifting the ban on other tournaments

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
DBFZ Deluxe Edition*

*not suitable for tournament viewing

EDIT: Stream had no new announcements.

Last edited: