• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
C'mon man don't be a party pooper!
Of course he doesn't automatically save anything, but we can be happy that Bandai Namco might be on our side and there's someone like Harada there supporting us.

Since official events haven't been touched, likely the greedy assholes who want money can't cancel Bandai Namco events because they have the rights to Dragon Ball.
If the World Tour expands to include more sagas/radar events and such then the cancelled events might be negligible.

Or Bandai who's likely suffering from losing free advertising to their game and maybe sales, might try to negotiate with who's being a douche to stop the situation.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I think the fact that someone at Bamco is openly supporting the DBFZ FCG community is a pretty positive thing

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
In the absolute worst case scenario, this means we at least have a mediator now. One with a strong bias toward the FGC no less. That's not exactly a bad thing if that's the worst case scenario. I believe this means more, but it's still good news in any scenario.

Deleted member 34197

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
what's the best way to get back into this game for someone like me who doesn't play it since it launched nearly a year ago?
I didn't even have a team. I was playing 21 and trying to make something work around her, but right now I'm open to almost anything.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
what's the best way to get back into this game for someone like me who doesn't play it since it launched nearly a year ago?
I didn't even have a team. I was playing 21 and trying to make something work around her, but right now I'm open to almost anything.
I'd say pick a team of character's you like. If you want to know rather easy characters, SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Bardock and Goku Black fill the role.

Learn the your universal bnb, note that this works on almost all of the cast. Here's a video explaining:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtYw3mt3HMw&t=10s

Down heavy is your friend and you'll get a bunch of use early on since beginners tend to super dash a lot and down heavy counters it.
Then play some and get a sense of thing's. If you have any questions feel free to ask, it's easier to answer specific questions.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Bought the Goku figure that came with the Limited edition. It looks real but is there a way to know for sure?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Ran into another rage quitter after I bodied 2 of his characters early on. I wish ArkSys would penalize players who quit mid match and award the opposing player a W.

Deleted member 34197

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I'd say pick a team of character's you like. If you want to know rather easy characters, SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Bardock and Goku Black fill the role.

Learn the your universal bnb, note that this works on almost all of the cast. Here's a video explaining:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtYw3mt3HMw&t=10s

Down heavy is your friend and you'll get a bunch of use early on since beginners tend to super dash a lot and down heavy counters it.
Then play some and get a sense of thing's. If you have any questions feel free to ask, it's easier to answer specific questions.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dr...s-rock-the-dragon.42836/page-26#post-13740787.

Here's a bunch of resources for the game that I personally used to get good. Hope it helps.
thanks. I already know most of the really basic stuff. I think I just need to get used to the pace and feel of the game, it's still too fast for me.
the other day I played a couple of pink square in casual match who didn't let me play at all and then when I finally met someone near my level he rage quitted.
trying to learn a new fighting game without friends you can play with is always nasty as af.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Frosty Faustings is in two weeks and hasn't had its Dragon Ball tournament shut down (yet). Maybe we're in the clear?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Only one tournament with only one big name in it. Not much to say except that Lord Yamcha appears to have become the assist character of choice.
Ironic that in a week with a few Tier lists crapping on #17 and he's on the winning team.

Big tournament coming in 2 weeks, Frosty Faustings. Should provide a good test for those with LCQ expectations, almost all good Americans players are there.

Leaderboard(LAUNCH):
SSJ Vegeta - 33
Cell - 23
Adult Gohan - 17
#16 - 13
Goku Black - 13
Kid Boo - 13
Trunks - 10
SSJ Goku - 9
Bardock - 6
#18 - 6
#21 - 6
Hit - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Gotenks - 2
Blue Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Nappa - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Yamcha, Beerus, Freeza and Broly.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 1):
Cell - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 38
Kid Boo - 35
Bardock - 29
SSJ Goku - 15
Adult Gohan - 15
Trunks - 13
Goku Black - 13
Gotenks - 11
#16 - 10
Piccolo - 7
Yamcha - 6
#21 - 6
Tenshinhan - 4
Zamasu - 4
Hit - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Majin Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1

No appearances: Beerus and Kuririn.
Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 2)
#16 - 65
Bardock - 61
SSJ Vegeta - 49
Kid Boo- 42
Cell - 39
Adult Gohan - 38
Gotenks - 32
SSJ Goku - 30
Tenshinhan - 19
Piccolo - 15
Base Vegeta - 15
Goku Black - 15
Ginyu - 15
Teen Gohan - 14
Trunks - 14
Yamcha - 14
Vegetto - 10
Hit - 10
#21 - 9
#18 - 9
Zamasu - 8
Broly - 7
Base Goku - 5
Cooler - 5
Majin Boo - 4
Freeza - 4
Nappa - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Beerus - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
#17 - 1

No appearances: Kuririn.
Leaderboard(Post-Patch Beerus is good now?)
SSJ Goku - 17
Bardock - 14
Adult Gohan - 13
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 11
#18 - 8
Hit- 8
Kid Boo - 8
#16 - 8
SSJ Vegeta - 7
Zamasu - 5
Cell - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Piccolo - 3
Base Vegeta - 3
Vegetto - 3
#21 - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Base Goku - 2
Freeza - 2
Ginyu - 2
Goku Black - 2
Trunks - 2
#17 - 2
Nappa - 1
Beerus - 1
Broly - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, SSB Goku, Cooler and Mr.Boo.
Dreamhack Winter
Yamcha - 3
Gotenks - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
#16 - 2
Bardock - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Trunks - 1
Nappa - 1
Hit- 1
Dragon Rush Finals
SSJ Goku - 5
#18 - 4
Hit - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 2
Bardock - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1
Yamcha - 1
#16 - 1
Dreamhack Sevilla
SSJ Goku - 6
Adult Gohan - 5
Bardock - 3
#16 - 2
Hit - 2
#18 - 1
Piccolo - 1
#17 - 1
Gotenks - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
Cell - 1
Couchwarriors Cross Up
Gotenks - 4
Bardock - 3
Yamcha - 3
Piccolo - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Ginyu - 1
Hit - 1
#18 - 1
Freeza - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Northeast Championships
Gotenks - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
#18 - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Freeza - 1
Cell - 1
Base Goku - 1
Ginyu - 1
Vegetto - 1
Yamcha - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kid Boo - 1
#21 - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1
Kumite in Tennessee 2019
Yamcha - 3
Bardock - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Zamasu - 3
#21 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
#17 - 1
Trunks - 1
Beerus - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Broly - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
#16 - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1
Gotenks - 1
Goku Black - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Vegeta - 1

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Wait #17 won the tourney? Huh. I watched the one in New York is this the tourney you got the stats from? I just remember Vegito losing to Nakkiel. The finale was Nakkiel vs supernoon. I reckon you must be referring to some other tourney

LightBang ?

edit- Reading FTW. You must mean Kumite as you clearly listed last. I didnt watch this one!!

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
KRILLINNNNNNN pls

(no I'll never stop reacting this way you can't make me how dare you suggest such a thing)

(with smash out I haven't played this much lately, but, you know what, I should)

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Wait #17 won the tourney? Huh. I watched the one in New York is this the tourney you got the stats from? I just remember Vegito losing to Nakkiel. The finale was Nakkiel vs supernoon. I reckon you must be referring to some other tourney

LightBang ?

edit- Reading FTW. You must mean Kumite as you clearly listed last. I didnt watch this one!!
You must be talking about NLBC, that's a weekly. I tend to avoid them, not sure if I ever added one.

Namco Bandai liking comments in the comment section about season 2.
It's definitely coming, the game sold too well and it's far too soon to make version 2.0.

The question is how many characters will it be and how risky will their choices be. I fear another Base Saiyans type pair with Movie Broly and Movie Gogeta coming, which personally wouldn't please me.

Give me Muten Roshi and Janemba! Kefla's abs would do as well.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Season 2 was confirmed the moment we saw where the final DLC characters showed up on the roster select screen.

They should just implement skins and give Broly a NuBroly skin. Also I want Roshi as DLC damnit

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The World Tour Final is two weeks later..., look most of the stream being Xenoverse stuff with Hiroki saying "look forward for news at the World Tour".

Honestly announcing a Season 2 coming and hyping a trailer for the World Tour would be the smart thing to do. Good way to build hype.
Maye they will debut the gameplay of the first two characters after the finals.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Going to tie in to the dragonball animated product everyone's hyped up about; Dragonball Heroes. Mecha Zamasu, Skirtless Hit and Super Saiyan 5 Vegigogeta for season 2.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have a full-blown sequel or a SF4 to SSF4-like update. I want more than characters here. We gotta level up.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit this happens tomorrow heck yes my friends we about to get videl BELIEVE SEASON TWO ANNOUNCED VIDEL DROPPED IMMEDIATELY YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ha ha ha

also krillin buffs

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
"Today we're announcing that Bardock and Gotenks are being deleted from the game"

Would be the best news

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
QQeZcZL.gif

6zdseqS.gif

3Je7z9y.gif

Rhsl.gif

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Gotenks, outside of his ghost stuff (which admittedly is a pretty big deal), is pretty vanilla in how he actually plays though, even if his aesthetics are goofy.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest the only reason I don't like Gotenks is because he's so annoying to listen to

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
so guys...I bought this recently and omg I keep getting these guys spamming Super Dash. How do I punish this correctly?