• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
I like the timed transformations...
In other Arcsys games.

Golden Frieza is just a less hype Dragon Install.

That's why I just want him to be his own character at this point. Maybe we can get a Freeza that's not a zoner in a game where zoning isn't strong.

Golden Freeza is hype is when he has sparking at least.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
It's Blue Goku in the image! There is hope, seems like a dramatic finish image. Damn these leaks are coming slowly...

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I just want him to be his own character at this point. Maybe we can get a Freeza that's not a zoner in a game where zoning isn't strong.

Golden Freeza is hype is when he has sparking at least.
Or they could just change some things so zoning can work.

Really the game would just need some changes to Superdash and the projectiles it can go through(if Superdash didn't go through Krillin's rocks and basic ki blasts, I feel he would have a fairly solid zoning game, especially with the right assists).

Vanish isn't a big deal, since if we get hit with it raw, we just go full screen away where zoners would be happy.

Make Golden Frieza like 5 bars and permanent.
Nah, keep it the joke that it is. It fits with how it has been shown in the anime.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Or they could just change some things so zoning can work.

Really the game would just need some changes to Superdash and the projectiles it can go through(if Superdash didn't go through Krillin's rocks and basic ki blasts, I feel he would have a fairly solid zoning game, especially with the right assists).

Vanish isn't a big deal, since if we get hit with it raw, we just go full screen away where zoners would be happy.

Yeah, but that implies they would put in the effort to do that. I like the idea of only some specials (blueku/burgers) or command normals (cooler) going through projectiles. They're not the greatest, but they do get you in.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'd kill for better zoning options. This game is way too rushdown heavy and it's what ultimately made me stop playing for a while. Rushdown is my least favorite playstyle. Partly because I suck at rushdown.

Nov 11, 2017
The funny thing is that some of the movesets like Frieza's or even Beerus have the capability to add some different playstyles but superdash fucks it up for them.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to think of another character in the series that would have a zoning move set as strong a Frieza. Jeice is all I can think of.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing I found out during training mode with adult Gohan and doing bnb. It seems that doing just LL during air combos does more damage than doing MLL or LML. I could've sworn that MLL did more damage before. So with adult Gohan, it's just better to just use LL during air combos. Is it just me? Or was it this way all along for adult Gohan?

I'm on the switch by the way.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing I found out during training mode with adult Gohan and doing bnb. It seems that doing just LL during air combos does more damage than doing MLL or LML. I could've sworn that MLL did more damage before. So with adult Gohan, it's just better to just use LL during air combos. Is it just me? Or was it this way all along for adult Gohan?

I'm on the switch by the way.
Depends on the bnb. Generally MLL will do more in longer combos.
DId the galactic stage ever come to the switch version?
Yes.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the bnb. Generally MLL will do more in longer combos.

I see. I'm still a beginner so I can't do longer combos yet. Still focusing on getting good in neutral.

BTW, I recently encountered an opponent who mostly kept holding down-back waiting to 2H whenever I approached. As I've said, I'm still a beginner and I had trouble approaching such an opponent. I need tips on how to approach such players in the future. Thanks. :)

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
I see. I'm still a beginner so I can't do longer combos yet. Still focusing on getting good in neutral.

BTW, I recently encountered an opponent who mostly kept holding down-back waiting to 2H whenever I approached. As I've said, I'm still a beginner and I had trouble approaching such an opponent. I need tips on how to approach such players in the future. Thanks. :)

Just get close to him and bait it out. Either punish the recovery on whiff or block. At the very least you should be able to get a 2/5 L. If they are canceling their 2H on block into a superdash then just punish with your own 2H.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Seeing that this is free 2 play this weekend I was curious to know if there is 2 player Co-op vs matches online?

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
All this Jiren hype got me thinking bout trying out Goku Blue. Since that magazine jump issue thingy shows him fighting Goku Blue....

Seeing that this is free 2 play this weekend I was curious to know if there is 2 player Co-op vs matches online?
Not like SmashUlt where you can do doubles... We do have a 'party battle' mode in dbfz. We did some here on 'era FG discord'. It's 3vs3 but it allows 6 different players.

But the answer ultimately is no- not 2 player Coop. That is fairly unique to SmashUlt (only FG I know of). Beyond that, you're looking at Arenas like Gundam VS

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Looks like we might be looking at 10 characters for Season 2? One of these will be the actual pass, so the others are likely the individual characters (though we might just have two other separate pieces of DLC coming).

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Wonder if there is treatment for Fighting game addiction
z6RLvii.png

Maybe 100+ of those hrs went to afk zeni grinding though. I have 3 dbfz accounts (2 ps4, 1 PC) but there's no question a bunch of my time went into this

Looks like we might be looking at 10 characters for Season 2? One of these will be the actual pass, so the others are likely the individual characters (though we might just have two other separate pieces of DLC coming).

YAY!!! OMG the answer to my prayers. Season 2 got me so hype I've been playing a lot this weekend.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, 10 Characters :) New Wish List

1. Jiren (Confirmed)
  2. UI Goku (Likely)
  3. Super Broly (Likely)
  4. Gogeta (Likely)
  5. Dabra
  6. Janemba
  7. Toppo
  8. Kefla
  9. Zarbon /w Transformation Install
  10. Roshi
Dabra can actually work as a zoner.

matcha pocky

Oct 27, 2017
just got into dbfz like 1 month ago - so sorry for asking but do they reveal all the characters at once or is there a slow rollout? I'm pretty hyped to play Jiren haha

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
just got into dbfz like 1 month ago - so sorry for asking but do they reveal all the characters at once or is there a slow rollout? I'm pretty hyped to play Jiren haha
New DLC characters arrived in pairs during season 1. Though they typically announced two at a time, they only showed Cooler at Evo last year in spite of datamining already revealing that 17 would be the other character to conclude that season. Datamining was the only reason we knew everyone we were getting ahead of time before, so it's unlikely that they'll avoid being secretive again.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Ribrianne would so hilarious in this game. I hope they have the balls to put her in

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
From that teaser announcement we got yesterday I have some mixed feelings. Reducing the game time is greatly appreciated, changing DHC might be good if they allow more characters to be useful in that sense, improving comeback mechanics leaves me suspicious. Are they really going to buff sparking? I hope not.

Finally the season 2 characters supposedly are a mix of fan wishes and what developers find interesting, if they really mean it then Muten Roshi and Janemba should be locks.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather see Kami's Lookout or Master Roshi's before the ToP stage, though a ToP stage would be ridiculous if there were fights going on in the background. I wish they would add some characters in the background like on how Hyper DBZ does. I love the stages in that game.