• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I think most people are going to go pass, why have an incomplete roster?
I didn't bother with the pass for S1 because I didn't really want everyone, and the way the meta developed, having every character wasn't necessary to be competitive since only a small amount of them tended to show up in high-level play. S2 is looking the same way at this point with the former, no idea how the latter will go. If I want at least five out of the six this season, and the pass is $25 rather than $30, then I'll reconsider.

Granted, I didn't want everyone in BBTAG's S1 pass either, but seeing as I did want most of them and that one was only $20, I had more incentive.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm getting the pass on at least one of the platforms so I don't have to worry bout it later. Even if I'm taking a 'break' again I'll definitely start up the game to run some ring matches with eRA even though some of y'all be hating on my connection (I swear I think I had 2fr to someone the other night for a bunch of matches- was either Sephzilla or GCFand...)

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the pass on at least one of the platforms so I don't have to worry bout it later. Even if I'm taking a 'break' again I'll definitely start up the game to run some ring matches with eRA even though some of y'all be hating on my connection (I swear I think I had 2fr to someone the other night for a bunch of matches- was either Sephzilla or GCFand...)
to be honest it might have been me. i forgot my ps4 was using wifi since i had my hard wire plugged into my switch

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I really don't put enough time into this game nowadays to justify getting another Season Pass.

But I really hate not having everything available, too.

I'm a weirdo.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I only bought Bardock, Broly, and 17 in the first seaon. I will buy everyone in season 2 tho.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I always get every character in every fighting game I own. To try em out, lab purposes, and if I run sets with friends I want to make sure everyone has their character.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao why the fuck does Jiren's 2L have better combo scaling than a 2M starter.

Edit: Correction: It's not better, it's the same scaling. At least it's not a low.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Ya it says "A Network Error occurred Could not connect to lobby" But it's weird because it's showing people are in the other lobbies just can't join any

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Also Jiren's j.H causes a sliding knockdown if you used j.236M/H as the smash in your combo and haven't touched the ground yet.

And of course he can air DR off of j.236M in the corner and j.236H midscreen for snaps or sliding kd.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Out of Season Pass 1, I only ever play Zamasu, Base Goku and Base Vegeta, so not buying the pass unless there's characters I know I'll play as. Full roster be damned, I can play against the others online. lol.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone not able to connect to lobbies on PS4?
No issues other than it taking forever to find matches. Haven't been satisfied with how I've been playing in spite of only losing once out of the four times I've played tonight (saw one Videl team, I won the first match and they won the second after I pressed buttons during a raw Final Flash), so went back to training to go through the motions.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I just got Videl, I don't care about Jiren.

But that magic spin...

jD90Sia.gif

Kidding aside, what's going to be the use of this move? Aside from being slow, you can only only follow it with supers, and that's if you fully charge it.. Can't seem to use it from anything, either.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
But that magic spin...Kidding aside, what's going to be the use of this move? Aside from being slow, you can only only follow it with supers, and that's if you fully charge it.. Can't seem to use it from anything, either.

You can combo into it in the corner from j.2S . Seems like a decent ender.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Oh, looks like the Nintendo Switch eShop listings for the new DLC characters might hint at the last two DLC fighters (source):
DySxBWKV4AAVhn7.jpg

The green and blue are most likely Broly and Gogeta, so the last two are the mysteries. I feel pretty confident in saying that the bottom one is Kefla, but i'm not sure about the brown one.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna say UI Goku is the purple one because that's the color they use for him in Dokkan ... too much of a stretch?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Green DLC Character

p1z64ocnqyqmbaiaflnj

Blue DLC Character

super-saiyan-blue-gogeta-dragon-ball-super-broly.png

Purple DLC Character

Goku-770x433.jpg

Brown DLC Character

bb06fc86d9da0a1428724682b9c3de5c1504023373_full.jpg

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
If they didn't release UI Goku with Jiren, I don't think they will. People said too many Goku's and I think they are obliging.

For the two unrevealed I'd say Kefla is a lock. The other safe choices are Muten Roshi and Janemba.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least we'll find out the mystery fighters next going by the order of the season pass. How long did it take between characters for the first one? Two months?

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tossing it out there, but that brown color is basically the exact same color they used for the original Broly's card. So those colors may be harder to guess than they may appear.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Just tossing it out there, but that brown color is basically the exact same color they used for the original Broly's card. So those colors may be harder to guess than they may appear.
They aren't actually the same though? Broly's background color is reddish (seemingly taken from his red sash) while the mystery character is just straight brown.

EDIT: Broly's card, for reference:
HxfUn4ELevUuWI1rwD7fUmqVfkJt-LHq.jpg

I would post a cleaner pic of the mystery character for comparison, but you can't take screenshots in the Switch eShop.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
They need to keep Party Battle going 24/7. Just rotate the thread. It's too fun a mode to only be active once a month =/