• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't think we're getting Kefla tbh
I think that would be... very odd. Kefla was and is immensely popular, and was a HUGE fight in the show. But if it means we get Roshi, I'm all for losing Kefla. He seems like he'd be a much more crafty, fun fighter.

...On the other hand, losing out on a potential female character for a known pervert and sexual harasser, um, he he. He heee.

Maybe Roshi can back her up, since that seems to be ASW's bread and butter. (lol)

Biggest knock against him imo is that he still can't fly. We'll see.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he can't fly in a game where Super Dash is a universal mechanic rules out Roshi entirely. And I wouldn't think twice about picking Kefla over him, especially in a game with more than enough men anyway (even as someone who plays 18, I'd also say that having another female fighter aside from 21 not backed up by a male one in her moveset would also be nice).

For now, I'm willing to give Arc and Bamco the benefit of the doubt and believe that they wouldn't be dense enough to give people Videl yet not Kefla or Caulifla.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I want Roshi because this game has enough saiyans. I also find Kefla to be a tad boring, and Roshi is also the only Universe 7 ToP member not on the FighterZ roster.

If the issue is representation then there are also more inspired picks than Kefla as well. Like Ribrianne, Bulma, or even Mai.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I want Roshi because this game has enough saiyans. I also find Kefla to be a tad boring, and Roshi is also the only Universe 7 ToP member not on the FighterZ roster.

If the issue is representation then there are also more inspired picks than Kefla as well. Like Ribrianne, Bulma, or even Mai.
Can't disagree with you on most of that.

I want all of them.

(Also I'd rather have Caulifla than Kefla. Kale isn't even in the running. Ugh Kale.)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Can Videl's level 1 combo into Goku's Spirit Bomb?
It looks like it should work, but no matter where I try it, it always seems to leave them juuust out of range.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna say UI Goku is the purple one because that's the color they use for him in Dokkan ... too much of a stretch?

Yeah, it's too much of a stretch given that they should of released the form alongside Jiren and I don't think it's their intent to release it just yet (you have a hook for a potential season 3). I do agree with everyone else saying that Green = Broly and Blue = Gogeta. Purple does match the outfit of Kefla and I'm pretty sure it's her given that they have an interesting moveset in place for her. Brown could potentially be God of destruction Toppo with the brownish skin which would be more than welcome since he would probably play like a mix between Jiren and Beerus.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I'm questioning if we are even gonna get UI. The opportunity was with Jiren. This tells me they won't be doing it at all. Granted, we don't need another Goku. We will see him in a sequel.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
https://twitter.com/Ken_Deep/status/1090641396367876097

She basically has to sideswitch into the corner before her level 1 to do it (so either from her cross up or a sideswitch DHC).

The main purpose of Baseku existing is to figure out ways to combo into spirit bomb.

I'm questioning if we are even gonna get UI. The opportunity was with Jiren. This tells me they won't be doing it at all. Granted, we don't need another Goku. We will see him in a sequel.

No one suspects the dark horse SS4 Goku.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The main purpose of Baseku existing is to figure out ways to combo into spirit bomb.

No one suspects the dark horse SS4 Goku.
Pretty sure the rage form that DBS Broly has in his announcement portrait is the closest that SSJ4 will be to getting in with this (already seemed to be Toriyama meeting GT fans halfway, more or less).

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's too much of a stretch given that they should of released the form alongside Jiren and I don't think it's their intent to release it just yet (you have a hook for a potential season 3). I do agree with everyone else saying that Green = Broly and Blue = Gogeta. Purple does match the outfit of Kefla and I'm pretty sure it's her given that they have an interesting moveset in place for her. Brown could potentially be God of destruction Toppo with the brownish skin which would be more than welcome since he would probably play like a mix between Jiren and Beerus.

Yeah, seems like almost everybody agrees at least Kefla is getting in. I wouldn't mind Toppo since he was my favorite from universe 11. As long as they're fun to play as I have no complaints.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I think we are.

IMO the reasons it wasn't revealed yet are:
a) Don't pull out ALL your guns at once. They still need another hook for the last two character's announcements and they know UI is hot.
b) If we're getting Kefla, which is possible, her being paired with UI Goku seems logical.

Those are just my thoughts, ofc, we may as well not get UI at all. I have a hard time believing we're getting Jiren and not UI Goku, though.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I think we are.

IMO the reasons it wasn't revealed yet are:
a) Don't pull out ALL your guns at once. They still need another hook for the last two character's announcements and they know UI is hot.
b) If we're getting Kefla, which is possible, her being paired with UI Goku seems logical.

Those are just my thoughts, ofc, we may as well not get UI at all. I have a hard time believing we're getting Jiren and not UI Goku, though.

Maybe. It could go any way. I will say this, if I was making those little graphic things on the Switch store, I would have used Silver for UI Goku, not brown.

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to doubt the most obvious inclusion in Season 2 (UI Goku) seems to be a brown background lol. That person deserves a raise.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Maybe. It could go any way. I will say this, if I was making those little graphic things on the Switch store, I would have used Silver for UI Goku, not brown.
Didn't know about the icon color thing, so yeah, it seems like UI Goku is out of the cards. Maybe they're leaving him for a possible season 3? (I hope)

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Checked the eshop on my switch earlier, and the character cards with the colors don't seem to be there, they're instead just have a generic DBFZ image for all of them after Videl/Jiren. Maybe the colors were too revealing?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a dramatic finish from winning a match against Jiren with Frieza's dive bomb super with Goku in your team?

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what? I want Toppo, just to see the reaction to everyone learning that his name is actually just Top in English.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
After laying dormant for like 6 months I had the genius idea to jump back in cold today and fell from Pink square to Yellow square. But it's cool, I still had a great time getting beat up and look forward to shaking off the rust and climbing my way back up.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Super Broly is a fucking beast like Z Broly. If not, than I ain't replacing him. I finally got my team down after so much trial and error.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
After laying dormant for like 6 months I had the genius idea to jump back in cold today and fell from Pink square to Yellow square. But it's cool, I still had a great time getting beat up and look forward to shaking off the rust and climbing my way back up.
I wish ASW games had casual modes where I color wasn't at stake. I lost my red color due to team comp experiments. Yellow is more to my liking though and a better fit for me personality so I'm not complaining

But I always think of ranked as a try hard mode where casuals and rings are more for screwing around

But I know newbies would hate to fight pinks so I know they need something

Ij2 handled this the best though. They have a background mmr so you don't see people dodging fights to keep colors

Last edited:

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I hope DBS Broly has as much armor as his non-canon counter part. Then I can start building #TeamFuckYourWeakShit

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Hopefully the patch didn't blow away my matches with Sephzilla. Broly has some armored moves I'm too incompetent to figure out how to avoid. My only strategy is to get behind him.

Pretty sure the patch blew away my replays fuuuddge. Maybe I'll just try to lab it out cause I've been seeing so much broly

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Delete non-canon Broly from existence.

Then maybe my friend will play cool characters.

Just kidding he also plays Teen Gohan ;_;

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Videl's cool, and I think I finally found a permanent third member of my main team after a year of searching, but does she have any safe long blockstring enders? The rekka and 6H have gaps, and 5H can be punished by 16 at the very least.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Finally added Frosty, LCQs, World Tour Finals and FDJ Finals. I have the final numbers of character usage from Season 1!

You guys want to take any guesses? Like who's top 5, who's last 3, etc... I'l only post later the results. Curious to see if public perception is that different from data.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Finally added Frosty, LCQs, World Tour Finals and FDJ Finals. I have the final numbers of character usage from Season 1!

You guys want to take any guesses? Like who's top 5, who's last 3, etc... I'l only post later the results. Curious to see if public perception is that different from data.

Can't remember too many Krillins, so hope he's kept his rightful throne.