• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering how on earth someone like Sonicfox used a character like Trunks, as he doesn't seem a fox kinda character, and the answer turned out to be 'Trunks was on screen for 5 seconds max throughout the entire tournament'.
Maybe have the CPU set to Vanish as their action after blocking?
The problem is they'll do the vanish as they come in for the snapback immediately and get clipped, unless I go through the rigmarole of turning it on after.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I trained the optimal Vegito corner combo from FSLink's video and hopped right online and pulled it off. Felt good.

But is it just me that think's the population has gotten much better? It's to be expected I suppose but it feels like I have to bring out all my best tools to fight off these hordes of Bardocks and Yamchas. What burns me up you just know these guys are just bandwagoning top meta characters. Funny thing is I saw a lot of nice variety of teams on Ranked (Krillin, Blue Saiyan teams, etc) but Casuals was a dumpster fire full of top meta picks lmao why. Think maybe it's because my Casual settings was set to 'Anyone' while on Ranked I have it set to "Same Rank" so I get to avoid lots of nasty Bardock/Yamcha teams

So this is a thing.

It's more than just Bardock too.

Man but ofc the video features Bardock.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, Cooler's a lot of fun, finally got him since he's on sale. Base Goku and Base Vegeta are all I'm missing from S1 now, but I would be getting them more for the sake of completion than anything else.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Even though I fumbled the Super at the tail end of the combo I was able to get him into another combo which was so nice

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So Zeni is purely used to buy capsules from the store, right? There's also trophy rooms but they are a million each and probably something I would grind for afterwards. There's no reason to really horde Zeni?

Also, what's a pretty solid team for starting out to learn bnb's with good assist setups? I guess I can just look at tier lists or common teams pros use and just go from there, too.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Two dudes you like slapped with SSj Goku, SSJ Vegeta or Yamcha would probably work out for learning the ropes. As for zeni other than some specific holiday colours and lobby avatars, just spend it as you get it.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
This dude RQs during my Gotenks volleyball lmao. Some of these players don't know how to take an L

Right after that guy I fought a bunch of matches against this Hit/Jiren player that kept rematching me which was good exposure

edit -->
So Zeni is purely used to buy capsules from the store, right? There's also trophy rooms but they are a million each and probably something I would grind for afterwards. There's no reason to really horde Zeni?

Also, what's a pretty solid team for starting out to learn bnb's with good assist setups? I guess I can just look at tier lists or common teams pros use and just go from there, too.

Starting out- A16 is really good to build a team around. Yamcha/Vegetta are great anchors although I'd lean towards Yamcha. Can't go wrong with Bardock. Basically, top tier picks. A18 is really great on 'pole' (point) due to her mixups and the defensive bubble can throw off attackers

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
This dude RQs during my Gotenks volleyball lmao. Some of these players don't know how to take an L

Right after that guy I fought a bunch of matches against this Hit/Jiren player that kept rematching me which was good exposure

edit -->

Starting out- A16 is really good to build a team around. Yamcha/Vegetta are great anchors although I'd lean towards Yamcha. Can't go wrong with Bardock. Basically, top tier picks. A18 is really great on 'pole' (point) due to her mixups and the defensive bubble can throw off attackers

Which console you play on? If PS4 we should play sometime. I'm....ok but I won't Rage quit on you. xD

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
I like it when you finish off people with stuff like stray ki blasts and they try and ragequit but the game's already counted it.

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Which console you play on? If PS4 we should play sometime. I'm....ok but I won't Rage quit on you. xD
My PSN is the same as my name on this forum (sandboxgod). Send me invite! Normally I duel folks on the FG Era discord since we can exchange feedback easy but PS4 invites can work too.

my last sets was against Chromsporidium (sp?) that posts here sometime. That videl/AGohan/Yamcha team is crazy

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
My PSN is the same as my name on this forum (sandboxgod). Send me invite! Normally I duel folks on the FG Era discord since we can exchange feedback easy but PS4 invites can work too.

my last sets was against Chromsporidium (sp?) that posts here sometime. That videl/AGohan/Yamcha team is crazy

I think I'm on that discord as well, I just never post there. I'm leechaolan both there and on PSN.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Two dudes you like slapped with SSj Goku, SSJ Vegeta or Yamcha would probably work out for learning the ropes. As for zeni other than some specific holiday colours and lobby avatars, just spend it as you get it.

Should I wait to buy capsules until I get all the DLC characters or are their outfits and stuff still in the loot pool regardless if you have them or not?

I was thinking something like Bardock, Piccolo, Vegeta and try out different variations with Goku, 16, 18, Kid Buu, etc.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm on the fence with the DLC. I think it's ridiculous I have to spend $60 to get all the characters with no way to earn them in-game somehow. I was waiting to see if the game hooked me before I made the purchase.
Oh right you're on the Switch. I swear it's like every game is more expensive there than any other platform since they get so much stuff late.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Started this last night. I think I'll enjoy it a lot. Was surprised at the amount of mechanics and small size of the move pools though. Like vanishing, rushing and more. Having to turn my brain off for the traditional ways of like chasing after a launcher won't be easy lol. Keep instinctively pressing up after a launcher when thats not how it works here.

Still have not tried all the characters though but was surprised at the variety in feeling already with just Goku, Vegito, and Nappa, plus the tutorial.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I got more rage-quitters today than in all my other 400 plus matches online combined, this was something special...

I haven't posted a character usage list yet because I've been waiting for CenCal Standoff to post the top 8 somewhere online, since I wasn't able to catch it live. Will wait until right before Final Round since it would be nice to have a preview, if not I'll just ignore it until they deliver the vods.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Well apparently Reynald trolled everyone at Cencal Standoff and used a bunch of characters, including Kuririn, on his way to victory. Kuririn's about to make his debut.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I fought against some guy in ranked the other day that used all the Earth themed characters (Kuririn, Tien, & Yamcha). I won first match but he won the set (best of 3). I just got outplayed really. Didn't realize he was using the Earth fighters though til I studied the replay later

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
Krillin is godlike. People underestimate him all the time.

There is always a point where I play someone where they go from thinking he's garbage, to using every resource to kill him lol. It's great.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Well, it's not on par with an NRS fighting game story (like MKX or IJ2). It's better than GG Xrd. you need to do it to unlock A21 since you didn't preorder.

It could have been much better if it wasn't padded with countless fights against 'clones'.

Pre-orders unlocked the blue characters early. The FighterZ pass unlocks A21 early.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

Had a real good match just now that ended in a ragequit, just like all the best ones do. This guy didn't send me a "kill yourself" message afterward, though, so hardly worth mentioning really...

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
Hit SSJ god tonight! I was playing some of the strongest Krillin matches I've played yet!

I felt so in control it was great. Def going to be uploading some of these cause i was playing CRISPY.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
From all the tournaments I've saw and games I played, Bardock has grown to Cell levels from early Season 1. I hope they bring him down a few notches in the next patch. Let's see if they do the character patch they talked about before the next DLC, because if they don't we'll get a few more months of this meta. They also need to see how they failed to speed up the games.

Hey, at least they are trying even if they don't succeed at first, I'm pretty happy with the support this game has been getting, which apparently is an exception looking at other games from ArcSys.

How's the story mode in this?
It's very padded with a bunch of fight's which matter very little. If you're a Dragon Ball fan there's a bunch of cool interactions between characters which are pretty cool, although it's not enough to carry the mode. The story itself isn't anything special, basically an excuse to put #21 in the game.

Hit SSJ god tonight! I was playing some of the strongest Krillin matches I've played yet!

I felt so in control it was great. Def going to be uploading some of these cause i was playing CRISPY.
Please do, I love me some Kuririn gameplay.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Just got this, are the character passes worth it?
Depends on what you're looking for in playstyle, but S1 does include at least a few that are less conventional (i.e., Broly, Zamasu). Not much point in playing Base Goku over the ones in the main game (be it SSJ, Blue, or Black) unless you really want to try out Spirit Bomb setups, and while Base Vegeta is better than Blue Vegeta, SSJ is better than both. 17 remains a better character on paper than in practice, and is commonly considered bottom tier. You'll likely still find at least something to like among the other five.

Much too early to say whether S2's pass will be worth it.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I actually liked the story. It isn't perfect, but after the end of ToP, any more Dragon Ball, I'm starved for. lol

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Tbh it's time they went a bit heavier on buffing characters. Bardocks mix isn't anything to write home about, he is just killer in neutral. Which I can deal with. But the gimped options most of the characters have is what hurts the meta more than anything.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the cutscenes range from tolerable to genuinely funny imo

It's just actually PLAYING it fucking sucks. They took a neat idea and padded it out to be five times as long as it needed to be.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Some shitty news, hopefully everything turns out alright.

Fenritti cool Kuririn Solo TOD combo. I know this thread is full of Kuririn mains.

Uploaded 10 matches from last night's ranked set.
Good stuff, checked the first few matches. I have to make more use of the directional ki blasts like you did in some places.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I legit forgot Nappa was in this game altogether til I saw him on Ranked once the other day. I was completely, 100% free since I dont know any of his strings or what he does. If I was thinking straight I should've kept rematching the guy to learn his strings but I think I ran away. never saw him again ofc

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Should or do you have to fight every battle on the story maps or can you just skip as many as possible to get to the boss as fast as possible each time?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask something i prolly should have ask almost a full year ago:

For some reason on my side when im doing match making and the game finds an opponent it's not showing me their name before accepting, like, im going blind until the loading screen, the pop up appears blank except for their conection strength and their Z union character.

Im playing on PS4, anybody had this problem or knows how to fix it?