• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask something i prolly should have ask almost a full year ago:

For some reason on my side when im doing match making and the game finds an opponent it's not showing me their name before accepting, like, im going blind until the loading screen, the pop up appears blank except for their conection strength and their Z union character.

Im playing on PS4, anybody had this problem or knows how to fix it?

They stopped showing you names of opponents for matchmaking several patches ago. It's on purpose.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I wish they'd also hide the Z-Union as well. Should only be shown after both parties accept during that loading screen

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Thought there was a rumor a while back that mentioned GT Kid Goku with Kefla or something, and how UI Goku wouldn't be part of this season.
First I'm hearing of that rumor. That said, if there's truth to the GT Kid Goku thing (the only rumblings I've heard and just got a thread this morning), then I would say it hurts UI Goku's chances while Kefla remains plausible.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Kid Goku and Kefla seems more interesting than "Goku with White Hair, omg he's so fast you can't see his moves"

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Please don't let the rumor be real. I don't want another Goku, since they dodged UI Goku(if not with Jiren then with who?), I was hoping they learned their lesson...

Damn...

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First I'm hearing of that rumor. That said, if there's truth to the GT Kid Goku thing (the only rumblings I've heard and just got a thread this morning), then I would say it hurts UI Goku's chances while Kefla remains plausible.
The rumor floating around was GT Kid Goku and UI Goku actually, just got reminded of it. Maximilian also made a video about it.

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
I've been wanting kid Goku since launch. I wanted db Goku but maybe kid Goku GT will get to use his nimbus.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Please don't let the rumor be real. I don't want another Goku, since they dodged UI Goku(if not with Jiren then with who?), I was hoping they learned their lesson...

Damn...

It's from the same source v-jump info always comes from early.

Probably the first time I've been disappointed in a DLC char.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Well at least they managed to surprise me... A character from GT, an iteration which wasn't that successful and last aired more than 20 years ago. Instead of you know, something from Super.

They better go all out on this Goku, I want freaking SSJ4 install even if I don't like the transformation that much. Hell, give me Golden Oozaru since you refused to give it to Base Vegeta.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I was initially disappointed about GT Goku news (as OG Kid Goku is one of my most wanted characters), but apparently the power pole will actually be used in their moveset? I guess i'll have to wait until the scans and gameplay come out to judge this (though I am disappointed that we missed out on a Great Ape Level 3 again, with Base Vegeta being our first chance at it).

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all gettin' your hopes up too much. There's still one more slot. Still room for UI Goku. Who says they can't do two Gokus at once?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
So they might be fusing GT Goku with Kid Goku. That certainly makes it more interesting, also he turns SSJ3 if a character dies? Look this ending up like Videl who is a better #17, this will be a better Base Goku. It's fine we need more anchor characters.

Y'all gettin' your hopes up too much. There's still one more slot. Still room for UI Goku. Who says they can't do two Gokus at once?

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the power pole will give him the reach he needs.

I'm hoping he fucking SUCKS so I never have to see SSJ4.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh let's not be like this. I get salt but I feel like this just makes those who enjoy the series feel bad.
I think SSJ4 is easily the ugliest Saiyan design ever, and one of the ugliest designs in the entire franchise. Dunno what you want from me. It is a mark against the game for me if it appears.

Some people feel that way about SSJ Bardock, whereas I enjoyed that special, and think SSJ Bardock is pretty dang all right. And it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they hate it or express that hate (which happens a lot lol).

They shouldn't feel bad for enjoying the series. But I feel bad that it exists, and can and will express my intense distaste for a short while until I decide to stop.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think SSJ4 is easily the ugliest Saiyan design ever, and one of the ugliest designs in the entire franchise. Dunno what you want from me. It is a mark against the game for me if it appears.

Some people feel that way about SSJ Bardock, whereas I enjoyed that special, and think SSJ Bardock is pretty dang all right. And it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they hate it or express that hate (which happens a lot lol).

They shouldn't feel bad for enjoying the series. But I feel bad that it exists, and can and will express my intense distaste for a short while until I decide to stop.
So like let's say Incineroar and Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. I didn't care for those inclusions and they legit gave me a lot of salt (I wanted Rowlet). However if I was like "Wow I hope Piranha Plant sucks" that'd honestly bother people who are trying to enjoy the character, not just that it's a little immature I feel.

You do not like have to like this character just like I don't have to like say Piranha Plant in Smash, but I feel like we shouldn't express ourselves like this. Mention your distaste but wishing the char to be bad I feel is a bit much.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
So like let's say Incineroar and Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. I didn't care for those inclusions and they legit gave me a lot of salt (I wanted Rowlet). However if I was like "Wow I hope Piranha Plant sucks" that'd honestly bother people who are trying to enjoy the character, not just that it's a little immature I feel.

You do not like have to like this character just like I don't have to like say Piranha Plant in Smash, but I feel like we shouldn't express ourselves like this. Mention your distaste but wishing the char to be bad I feel is a bit much.
The worse it is the less I have to see it. This is a silly thing to get hung up about.

Oh well.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm lttp but is it true that GT Goku's moveset was leaked and he has fucking SSJ3 instead of 4 and a freaking Spirit Bomb? If so that's extremely upsetting. We've already got that.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
lol Kid Goku GT is like a giant troll for people who want to see Original DB Goku and those that wants to see SSJ4 Goku because it fucking gives neither. lmao.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Rather silly to be seeing SSJ4 before UI considering that they bothered to add Jiren, but it's not like I haven't been wrong with speculations according to what seems to be a logical chain of events before (and I sure don't want two more standalone Gokus in the same pass).

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Kid GT Goku is a lame choice, but I'm sure ArcSys will do an awesome job with him especially if he has SSJ4.

Lame that we're only getting 6 characters this season as opposed to 8. I'm sure Kefla or Janemba will be the final character. Hopefully, they add 2 additional characters to the season pass.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kid GT Goku is a lame choice, but I'm sure ArcSys will do an awesome job with him especially if he has SSJ4.

Lame that we're only getting 6 characters this season as opposed to 8. I'm sure Kefla or Janemba will be the final character. Hopefully, they add 2 additional characters to the season pass.
Better be Janemba. He's so unique and cool looking.

Two disappointing season passes if that's not the case.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played this game since -- August? October?ish. I tried playing my old team of Zamasu/Kid Buu/Tien and it feels so weak right now with the double supers nerf. Is meta right now basically just team Kazunoko?

EDIT: apparently Piccolo is good now? What happened?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Just watched the Broly movie, today was a day full of Dragon Ball. It certainly made me hype for Broly and Gogeta. Hope they go for Anchor characters, this game needs more of them. Since Kid Goku appears to lean towards it based on the description, I'm a bit more positive. Although yet another Goku...

I haven't played this game since -- August? October?ish. I tried playing my old team of Zamasu/Kid Buu/Tien and it feels so weak right now with the double supers nerf. Is meta right now basically just team Kazunoko?

EDIT: apparently Piccolo is good now? What happened?
Yeah, your team got hit hard. Kid Boo is still very good, Zamasu has been nowhere to be found so I assume he sucks. Tien's still good but there's better options. The most meta right now is the Bardock/SSJ Goku shell but there's decent variety.

Piccolo was never bad, people just took forever to realize how good he was. Same thing happened to Gotenks.

Is Jiren being used in tournaments?
A bit, Videl seems more favored now of the new characters. With the exception of Bardock, dlc characters seem to take their time to be explored. Pro players in this game, with some exceptions, don't seem to explore much and go outside of what's considered good.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, your team got hit hard. Kid Boo is still very good, Zamasu has been nowhere to be found so I assume he sucks.
Definitely not the case of Zamasu sucking, particularly when I only recall steady buffs for him.

More than anything else, it boils down to him being less conventional and having more of a learning curve.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not the case of Zamasu sucking, particularly when I only recall steady buffs for him.

More than anything else, it boils down to him being less conventional and having more of a learning curve.

I disagree. Zamasu is definitely on the lower end of the patch this time. Lost of double super damage + blockstrings being susceptible to buffed guard cancel + meter nerf hurting his orb combos. I wouldn't use an online match as evidence he's still fine either.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'd weigh in more on the effect of meter nerf for Blades of Judgment combos if I normally saw anyone use them (this is one of the only instances I've ever seen anyone use it for that rather than pressure/block strings). Hadn't given much thought to the extent of guard cancel buff's effects on any specific characters, though double super nerf does mean having to rethink ideal team compositions for him (choices like Tien or Vegito not being great ones at this point as a result).

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I'd weigh in more on the effect of meter nerf for Blades of Judgment combos if I normally saw anyone use them (this is one of the only instances I've ever seen anyone use it for that rather than pressure/block strings). Hadn't given much thought to the extent of guard cancel buff's effects on any specific characters, though double super nerf does mean having to rethink ideal team compositions for him (choices like Tien or Vegito not being great ones at this point as a result).

The meter nerf would affect Blade of Judgement and EX orb combos/strings/blockstrings by making you not able to continuously do them or end in a Lv3. He's already pretty low damaging outside of double supers (which got nerfed a lot).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Basically how the meter change screwed over Golden Frieza, then. I was never too attached to the old meter system giving it back as soon as I spent it as opposed to building it up in advance and then going all in on spending it, so I never cared about that change as much.

Either way, I should also clarify that I haven't bothered much at all with Zamasu myself since his launch outside of idle training, tending to go for more straightforward characters instead when actually playing against other people (I do enjoy watching players much better with him than me compete, though).

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Damn that team was really the only team I gel'ed with after leaving the Cell/Vegeta shells.

Might have to put the game down again until the next patch or some DLC ends up looks promising.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Damn that team was really the only team I gel'ed with after leaving the Cell/Vegeta shells.

Might have to put the game down again until the next patch or some DLC ends up looks promising.
just go back to Cell/Vegeta shell it's pretty good. Toss Bardock in there and it's full of win

No idea on that Supreme Kai dude. I even forgot his name because he vanished from the meta as soon as they removed double supers. I did see Kami messing around with him on stream. but during the tourney Kami still went with A21

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
still good to see Tien being used, mostly by Apology Man and Dekillsage, but I'm afraid they may drop him soon :(

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice to see more Cooler aside from Dogura's. Questioning how long SonicFox will be sticking with that Videl/Trunks shell (I get the nagging feeling that the former will probably drop off significantly in general as the meta develops this season, and am under the impression that he only has the latter for his assist).