• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
What? I'm posting a link to a website, I'm not posting scans.

We can't link to websites hosting scans in their news?
Yeah that's what I was asking. Can we post a link to a site that has the VJUMP scans. Could've sworn I've seen resetera do this on the front page but I cant remem

Maybe resetera waits til the official video comes out actually. I think most of us goes to /r/dbfz and /r/dragonballfighterz for news anyways

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
More interested in this:

https://twitter.com/GREATFERNMAN/status/1106551631439691778

Goku (GT)
Lvl 1: Super Kamehameha. When there are 2 or fewer characters remaining on your team, Goku goes ssj3

Lvl 3: Super Ultra Spirit Bomb

Ki blast: power pole
Reverse kamehameha

He also has another hidden lvl3

Reverse Kamehameha:
Trajectory can be changed

Spirit Bomb;
It has slow startup, but has invulnerability and Goku can act before the spirit bomb hits.

He can move before the spirit bomb hits? Oh really?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Took a while but here's the first Season 2 character usage list. Kuririn made it in!

Bardock still king, Kid Boo is still around the top. Guess ArcySys can't nerf them...

SSJ Goku, Yamcha and SSJ Vegeta are battling it of the top anchor spot. Videl currently doing decently for a new character. Adult Gohan numbers are surprisingly low.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2
Bardock - 19
SSJ Goku - 13
Kid Boo - 12
SSJ Vegeta - 12
#16 - 11
Yamcha - 10
Gotenks - 8
Vegetto - 6
Videl - 5
Piccolo - 4
Hit - 4
Adult Gohan - 4
Trunks - 3
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
#18 - 3
Cell - 3
Ginyu - 3
Jiren - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
#21 - 1
Cooler - 1
Freeza - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1

No appearance: Beerus , #17, Base Goku, Goku Black, SSB Vegeta and SSB Goku.

EVO Japan
Bardock - 5
SSJ Goku - 5
#16 - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
#21 - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#18 - 1
Gotenks - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
Videl - 1
Elite Valência
Kid Boo - 3
#16 - 2
Hit - 2
Vegetto - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Yamcha - 2
Bardock - 2
Gotenks - 1
#18 - 1
Zamasu - 1
Ginyu - 1
Jiren - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Cencal Standoff
Bardock - 3
Vegetto - 3
Gotenks - 3
Kid Boo - 2
#16 - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Yamcha - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
Piccolo - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Cell - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
#21 - 1
Broly - 1
Mr. Boo - 1
Kuririn - 1
Videl - 1
Winter Brawl
Bardock - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 4
Yamcha - 3
Gotenks - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Videl - 1
Piccolo - 1
Trunks - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Mr.Boo - 1
Jiren - 1
Cell - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Ginyu - 1
#16 - 1
Nappa - 1
Canda East Championships
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Base Vegeta - 1
Vegetto - 1
Yamcha - 1
Hit - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Ginyu - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Mr.Boo - 1
Bardock - 1
#16 - 1
Final Round
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Piccolo - 2
Yamcha - 2
Videl - 2
Trunks - 2
Gotenks - 1
#18 - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Hit - 1
Freeza - 1
Cooler - 1
#16 - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Just had the most fun set of matches ive had in ages. We were both pretty evenly matched despite the other player clearly being better with combos, synergy, and just generally playing the game. Real glad I had Hit and 16 to fall back on as a crutch...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how long it'll last or just how deserved it truly is, but I'm a pink square now (happened while finishing up the 530k BP trophy).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, it's top 8 specifically. Now I'm honestly curious as to who used Krillin in an actual tournament (first I've heard of the Cencal Standoff, so time to go have a look to see how they did).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I felt conflicted when watching Knowkami and Dogura play. I thought I recalled there being a 17 player at the tournament, but didn't remember for certain.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Ah, it's top 8 specifically. Now I'm honestly curious as to who used Krillin in an actual tournament (first I've heard of the Cencal Standoff, so time to go have a look to see how they did).
Reynald, he used like 8/9 different characters. Being his usual trolling self.

The #17 player is someone from the DATA team, I think his name is Jay something... I remember him because he won a regional when the #17 being trash memes were at an all time high. I think one dude who goes to HOC frequently(can't remember his name) has the best #17 around.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Reynald, he used like 8/9 different characters. Being his usual trolling self.

The #17 player is someone from the DATA team, I think his name is Jay something... I remember him because he won a regional when the #17 being trash memes were at an all time high. I think one dude who goes to HOC frequently(can't remember his name) has the best #17 around.

Jaazrap and Axeice are the players you're thinking of.

I haven't played Axeice yet, but Jaazrap is extremely good. 17's normal mixups are much harder to react to when you have both Yamcha and Bardock assists helping him.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
What? I'm posting a link to a website, I'm not posting scans.

We can't link to websites hosting scans in their news?
Yeah that's what I was asking. Can we post a link to a site that has the VJUMP scans. Could've sworn I've seen resetera do this on the front page but I cant remem

Maybe resetera waits til the official video comes out actually. I think most of us goes to /r/dbfz and /r/dragonballfighterz for news anyways

That's never been allowed.

GT Goku looks like he could be real good. Hoping his assist is decent.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018

You can choose the Saibamen attacks? That's pretty cool. Character patch must be coming soon, I hope. Looking at all the changes.

Jaazrap and Axeice are the players you're thinking of.

I haven't played Axeice yet, but Jaazrap is extremely good. 17's normal mixups are much harder to react to when you have both Yamcha and Bardock assists helping him.
Those are the ones. Axeice looks to be pretty strong.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, so a j.2H like Cooler's or Vegito's for SSJ Goku (the latter's being the worse one to get)? Sliding knockdown even with mid-air Final Flash for SSJ Vegeta is appreciated. Was hoping for something much better than a way to make 5S faster and easier j.214M combos for Goku Black. Curious about that auto follow-up for Blue Goku's j.214H. 21 only getting to use absorbed specials once now is pretty lame even if the moves themselves are buffed, and the j.236M change for Bardock looks like part of their efforts to clamp down on the snap meta (no complaints about that). Would be nice if those 17 rekka buffs mean the pressure is actually real now rather than just a damage increase, but sounds like they still haven't fixed his terrible 2H.

Last edited:

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017

I think they are just revealing the buffs now and the rest of the changes later.

But as for a universal change. To raw tag it's now down+assist instead of right+assists.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, don't think I like that raw tag change, not unless they plan on freeing up the old motion for multiple assists ala BBTAG.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to note is that it will be the only balance patch this year.

The changelog has over 1200 notes (7 pages) which they will release march 26th.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
My question is, if there's some severe unbalance, will they touch it? If they are willing to look at it, fine. A big balance patch per year is OK, although I would prefer every 6 months.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I had this 5% hope Superdash would get tweaked. But after this final patch that hope will definitely be extinguished. DLC characters will keep me engaged though. So I'll still play a bit. But I also kind of want to try out other FGs (or rather play them a lot more). I really miss Push Block. In IJ2 we paid 1 meter bar or whatever to use it but it could be nice if your back is up against the wall. I'll see if that Back + Assist change will help

Nov 11, 2017
I had this 5% hope Superdash would get tweaked. But after this final patch that hope will definitely be extinguished. DLC characters will keep me engaged though. So I'll still play a bit. But I also kind of want to try out other FGs (or rather play them a lot more). I really miss Push Block. In IJ2 we paid 1 meter bar or whatever to use it but it could be nice if your back is up against the wall. I'll see if that Back + Assist change will help
These arent all the changes fyi that was a sample. We will find out all the changes next week there are over 1200 changes being made in the game we only seen like 50 of them.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Last of the year? Maybe that means a new FighterZ 2 announcement end of the year?

That j2H change of SSJ Goku sounds weird.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Last of the year? Maybe that means a new FighterZ 2 announcement end of the year?

That j2H change of SSJ Goku sounds weird.
If there even will be a sequel as opposed to one more season, pretty sure they won't be announcing it this year (this would also be overlooking everything else on Arc's plate, continued support for a game already out requiring less resources than making yet another new game altogether).

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I bet the reason for only a patch a year is the World Tour. One of the criticisms from Pro Players were patches X time before big events. Seems they are listening. Now if only they can correct the long matches bit, if not in this patch we're screwed.

I don't want a FighterZ 2 any time soon. Give me 3/4 years of support.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Developing a long-term plan for the season as opposed to multiple changes within the year that would disrupt competitive players does seem like the most plausible explanation.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
The balance actually started feeling decent too me. Sure, we dont see Krillin and some other dudes much but it was kinda ok. Teen Gohan nerf was puzzling from what I gather from Chris Matrix podcast but beyond that the balance is feeling pretty good. Granted, we do see either Bardock and/or Yamcha on 'almost' every team.

DBFZ2 would be cool with me. Just sunset this game and work on better mechanics. Add more depth. more defense options. Nerf superdash, etc so we can have more footsies. More assist options (like every character has multiple assists). Just go wild

I bet the reason for only a patch a year is the World Tour. One of the criticisms from Pro Players were patches X time before big events. Seems they are listening. Now if only they can correct the long matches bit, if not in this patch we're screwed.

I don't want a FighterZ 2 any time soon. Give me 3/4 years of support.

Well I wouldnt be upset if they kept adding DLC but I feel we were really blessed to just even get a Season 2. This support has been Excellent.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The balance actually started feeling decent too me. Sure, we dont see Krillin and some other dudes much but it was kinda ok. Teen Gohan nerf was puzzling from what I gather from Chris Matrix podcast but beyond that the balance is feeling pretty good. Granted, we do see either Bardock and/or Yamcha on 'almost' every team.
And/or Adult Gohan and/or Gotenks. I've gotten to the point of skipping watching many fights featuring those characters.

I'm not particularly surprised to have gotten an additional season for this, given that it's become the norm for fighting games and less successful ones like KoF XIV and even BBTAG have gotten extended support (MvC:I having been the odd one out).

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
And/or Adult Gohan and/or Gotenks. I've gotten to the point of skipping watching many fights featuring those characters.

I'm not particularly surprised to have gotten an additional season for this, given that it's become the norm for fighting games and less successful ones like KoF XIV and even BBTAG have gotten extended support (MvC:I having been the odd one out).

A.Gohan is pretty rare at high level relatively speaking.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping he gets about as rare as Cell these days, then (hell, I'd rather watch Cell at this point, even if I pretty much never play against either myself as of late).

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

NRS fighting games never get any DLC beyond the first Season to my knowledge. RIP IJ2 ;( It was a long bitter wait from IJ1 -> IJ2. Once again it's going to be another bitter long wait