• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone really think they were going to make SSJ4 an install with its own moveset, hitboxes, and hurtboxes, essentially giving people two characters for the price of one? Of course it's just a cinematic.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017

Ugh, please be early May at least.

Did anyone really think they were going to make SSJ4 an install with its own moveset, hitboxes, and hurtboxes, essentially giving people two characters for the price of one? Of course it's just a cinematic.

I would hope not.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I never even watched DBGT beyond one or two eps at the very beginning. I have a rather vague idea of what SSJ4 is from playing DBXV1 I guess.

I did buy the kid goku dlc for that game.

And plz no trash talking XV it's all us DB fans had in the US to play for the longest on ps4. I'm always afraid to utter XV w/o some hidden lurker popping out of the blue to say something and then they vanish again LMAO. so yes before any lurker says it-- yes we all know it looks bad and its a horrid grinder, blah blah

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Still in awe that we're getting this abomination, appeasing neither the fans of Kid Goku nor the fans of (ugh) SSJ4.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
the important thing is that SSJ4 shouldn't be its own character

still a little disappointing there aren't more installs in the game, tbqh, tho the time to complain about this is long gone

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I expect for the second DLC character to be announced in the next V-Jump and released a few days later like has been tradition. One of Kefla, Muten Roshi or Janemba would make me extremely happy.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
The V-Jump scans are out in the wild now.

Yeah please just release someone alongside Kid Goku I'm getting to the point I just dont care who it is. A small part of me still wants Kefla so we can have a
female fusion character
But honestly there's still so many great characters to choose from.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Kinda regret buying the season pass. Jiren was awesome, but 4 months later we're getting 1 (!?) character. They're really dragging this out and can't be hyped with MK11 round the corner.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I bought it on the knowledge I was going to mostly grab the characters for labbing anyway, but yeah the fact it's going to take forever for them to come out and that I'm probably only going to play Videl and maybe Broly 2 stings a little.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
So how does everybody feel about v1.16 so far? Other than the obvious shitty wait for DLC.

EDIT: Btw, anybody have that cam shot of the release dates for DLC taken from the Switch store? It had one of the chars listed as releasing in May and it seems to have been right.

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
We had the first DLC last season at the end of March, after that it was end of May, start of August and finally end of September.

If we replace the first DLC from last season with the huge character patch we had less than a month ago, then we are on schedule. I'll say it's 99% sure we'll be getting another character with Kid Goku, if they wanted to break the pattern they would have done so with Jiren/Videl. No need to be impatient.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So do people actually still play the game at some point beyond Supreme Kai rank? Because literally ever since I have hit that rank every single moron I have been matched up against spams assists and/or spams the same moves over and over and over and over with no end. Just over and over until it hits and then starts again.

Out of my last 15 matches 9 of them have been this way and I have not run into this scrubbery until this rank.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm thinking of rolling A18 and Cooler; dunno about the anchor; would people suggest running SSJ Goku or Trunks?

I want to roll my boy Trunks, but that beam assist by Goku might be too valuable

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not too sure about 18 and Cooler on the same team as someone who uses them as alternative point characters, but I would say that 18 in particular would benefit from SSJ Goku's beam assist (as she does with Goku Black's), up to and including during corner combos. The DHC synergy with Trunks should still be decent enough with either 18 or Cooler, though.

18/Cooler/SSJ Goku, 18/Trunks/SSJ Goku, or Cooler/Trunks/SSJ Goku perhaps (point Trunks could still work for that third one). I don't really see Trunks as an anchor character.

Last edited:

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
So do people actually still play the game at some point beyond Supreme Kai rank? Because literally ever since I have hit that rank every single moron I have been matched up against spams assists and/or spams the same moves over and over and over and over with no end. Just over and over until it hits and then starts again.

Out of my last 15 matches 9 of them have been this way and I have not run into this scrubbery until this rank.

There's a point from Supreme Kai to the beginning of Majin where I'm pretty sure you run into so many people who are just trying to grind points (via ragequitting or sheer match number) to get the Frieza BP achievement.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I bring a bunch of tournaments from the last couple of weeks. It's still early in the new patch but it's taking shape, Bardock is still king and that probably won't change for a long time unless a broken DLC character is released. SSJ Goku and Yamcha follow in a battle for best anchor, Adult Gohan holds the 4th place.
After, there's a gap and various characters until the 5 selections who are fighting for a place in the the top 10, all these characters seem favored but can go up or down from here.

Kid Boo has a surprising low usage, is the word-of-mouth about the character sucking taking an effect and will he suddenly be good again in a couple months? We shall see.

We haven't had many Japanese players in these tournaments, but when we do expect a huge increase in Teen Gohan's. Japan favors the character a lot, he's a candidate to be on the rise.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2 (Patch #1)
Bardock - 22
Kid Boo - 17
SSJ Goku - 17
SSJ Vegeta - 14
#16 - 12
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 10
Vegetto - 9
Videl - 7
Adult Gohan - 6
Piccolo - 6
Hit - 6
#18 - 5
Cell - 5
Trunks - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
Ginyu - 3
Freeza - 3
Jiren - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
Cooler - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearance: #17, Base Goku, Goku Black and SSB Goku.

Season 2(Patch #2)
Bardock - 20
SSJ Goku - 16
Yamcha - 14
Adult Gohan - 12
Gotenks - 8
#21 - 7
Vegetto - 7
Goku Black - 6
#16 - 6
SSB Goku - 5
SSJ Vegeta - 5
Trunks - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Kid Boo - 4
Zamasu - 4
Broly - 3
Hit - 3
Piccolo - 3
Jiren - 2
#18 - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Cooler - 2
Base Goku - 2
Ginyu - 1
Cell - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Nappa - 1
Freeza - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Beerus, SSB Vegeta, #17, Videl and Mr.Boo.

Bum's Birthday Bash 2019
Bardock - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Yamcha - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
SSB Goku - 2
#21 - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Freeza - 1
Jiren - 1
Vegetto - 1
Zamasu - 1
Brussels Challenge Major 2019
Gotenks - 2
SSJ Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Bardock - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Yamcha - 1
Michigan Masters 2019
Bardock - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Zamasu - 2
Goku Black - 2
Hit - 2
#16 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
#21 - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Cooler - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
April Annihilation 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 2
Gotenks - 2
Yamcha - 2
Trunks - 2
#21 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Goku Black - 1
Vegetto - 1
Jiren - 1
Broly - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Super TSB 2019
Yamcha - 6
Bardock - 5
Adult Gohan - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Gotenks - 2
Vegetto - 2
Ginyu - 1
Cooler - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
The Mixup 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Base Goku - 2
Goku Black - 2
Vegetto - 2
Yamcha - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#16 - 1
Nappa - 1
Bardock - 1
#21 - 1
#18 - 1
Gotenks - 1

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
That looks like a fairly healthy meta maybe (but still could be better obviously). Bardock sees a bit too much play but he's so fundamentally well designed there's no changing that w/o drastic measures. We could use more anchors perhaps. (EDIT: We could definitely use more)

Btw, here is a funny clip from Bum's (DoubleL vs AxeIce). Very nice team comps used here

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
That looks like a fairly healthy meta maybe (but still could be better obviously). Bardock sees a bit too much play but he's so fundamentally well designed there's no changing that w/o drastic measures. We could use more anchors perhaps. (EDIT: We could definitely use more)

Btw, here is a funny clip from Bum's (DoubleL vs AxeIce). Very nice team comps used here

Should have used Goku Blacks command grab in that first round.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017

That was such a great set. I've noticed a few people using Base Goku now. Baseku always hype on screen!

closer

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking of rolling A18 and Cooler; dunno about the anchor; would people suggest running SSJ Goku or Trunks?

I want to roll my boy Trunks, but that beam assist by Goku might be too valuable

This should work well, korean wrestling man is running a18/a16/cooler so you can check him out for tips. Im not that familiar with cooler but i run a18/ssgoku and i think it works well, though not as optimal as an assist that lets you confirm stray hits into assist j.214m (i cant play without a beam tho i think). Trunks is a fantastic anchor atm but i dont know much about his synergy on the team, i know he had issues with 18 in the previous patch but i dunno if his changes have fixed that.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017

Short as hell trailer, but fucking hyyyyype for SSJ4 Dragon Fist. Single handedly sold me on the Season Pass 2.

ppwh4vrd64u21.jpg

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I was wrong, I didn't think they would stray from the double releases after Jiren/Videl. I don't mind if they don't space them out normally. If we get another character at the start of June it's fine.
That trailer was stupid short, seriously I expect the next trailer to be 10 seconds and only a single normal.

He better have a great assist.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I was wrong, I didn't think they would stray from the double releases after Jiren/Videl. I don't mind if they don't space them out normally. If we get another character at the start of June it's fine.
That trailer was stupid short, seriously I expect the next trailer to be 10 seconds and only a single normal.

He better have a great assist.

this is actually better than having to wait another month for him

here's hoping that next month is another reveal and then a release right after

i kinda wonder how they'll handle the last two since those have been revealed already

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm still relatively pleased with the great support this title has gotten. I never would have imagined two straight seasons. I dont know where the idea to put Kid Goku (GT) in this game came from but he might be interesting character and fun to play. Hopefully will have a useful assist. Not expecting Yamcha's levels of OP but hey-- if we did get that lucky maybe we'll see more variety in anchors

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question: I saw a Twitter post claiming that the NA blu ray for the Broly movie has a green tint that's persistent throughout, while the EU version is not affected by this. Can anyone verify? Has Funimation said anything about it?

I wanted to buy that movie day one but if they botched the picture, then I may have to either consider digital (unless it's there too?) or import a region 0 UK blu ray.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still relatively pleased with the great support this title has gotten. I never would have imagined two straight seasons. I dont know where the idea to put Kid Goku (GT) in this game came from but he might be interesting character and fun to play. Hopefully will have a useful assist. Not expecting Yamcha's levels of OP but hey-- if we did get that lucky maybe we'll see more variety in anchors
I considered a second season for DBFZ inevitable following its success. It's BBTAG getting another one after it was seemingly left to die that was surprising (not that I have any reason to believe that it isn't too little too late for that game).