• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Forgot to follow up on this. How the heck we got overthrown by UNIST??!? These dudes just came out of the forests hard. Game does seem to be pretty legit though all kidding aside. I bought it a few months ago on sale
The game is often called one of the best fighting games this generation, it has a strong community behind it despite being (not anymore I guess) a poverty game. These factors lead the game to grow enough to get to EVO.
Getting to EVO made a plethora of people interested in the game, I remember the Steam player count going up and a bunch of pro players picking up the game. GO1 who played an older version of the game 2 years ago is now playing it again for example.

It has the hype and pro players wanting to cache in on it.

So, uh... didn't they say there would be a second World Tour for DBFZ?
Prediction is that it starts at CEO like last year. But there's nothing concrete about it since the announcement in late January. Only hurting the competitive scene of the game by taking this long...

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Combo breaker should be really good viewing for dbz, looked at pools and it's full of lesser known killers

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Jumped back into rank finally after having barely touched the mode since launch. Moving up the ranks has been fun, and I've run into some real killers in really low ranks, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one playing catch-up at least. Just had a real fun match that finally wasn't entirely based around me relying on Hit. I really want to start getting better with Beerus...

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
We should try to get a Party Mode lobby going again soon. If we can manage to get 6 of us interested and online at the same time.

That was fun, especially setting to random.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a little write-up for the pools based on what I know/players I recognize for combo breaker since it's slow at work. my knowledge isn't encyclopedic and mainly based on personal experience/viewing, so def biased. basically listed ppl I think might make it out of the pool, and wrote a blurb.

B1: Doza, FSLink, Kudaytaa, T-Wong (?)
This pool has our own FSLink so keep an eye on it; an incredibly solid player who has placed well in previous events. Kudaytaa is imo a favorite to emerge from this pool. Doza is known for being an early adopter of blue goku, and has some notoriety based on this, also a veteran of other anime games.

B2: Rath, SonicFox
I don't know too much about this pool. SonicFox should be guaranteed, but hasn't been focusing on dbz (does this matter tho). Rath has placed before, and also dropped a18 from his team so I don't know what he plays now.

B3: Dacidbro, Looke, Tachikawa
Looke is a solid player from Canada, I've played him a couple of times; the people's champ. Tachikawa should be a lock for this pool. I recognize a bunch of people in this pool, but I think I listed the most likely to make it out. Hex is a lab monster, Angelic used to play Mvc3 (havent seen his dbfz), keep an eye out should be good matches.

C1: DracoPisces, Hook
Largely unfamiliar again. Last time I played Draco he was running all Goku. I think he made it really far in the Worlds last chance bracket, don't remember. He's very very good, and not afraid to go wild. Hook should be a lock. In general in the dark for this pool, but I think draco and hook make it out free?

C2: Artwaltz, Fruit(?), Chris G
I listed Fruit because I think I recognize the name, but not sure...Artwaltz is considered the best in Canada by many, and Chris G is Chris G, just won a tournament recently + teen gohan is top tier now.

C3: Knowkami, ZomBmu
Knowkami is a beast, likely top 8. ZomBmu is solid and has placed before, havent seen him much recently. Some more names I recognize like Sacktap, but I lack knowledge on them. Dismantlex I've seen in online tourneys, plays 18 last I saw (I'm listing all a18 stuff lol)

D1: Apologyman, PivotAce
Those two should make it out afaik. Apologyman is a fun player to watch, places well constantly. PivotAce is a blue vegeta player who also has been doing well. This might be his last tournament. Jmcrofts is in this pool, he's a content creator who plays krillin.

D2: Frank lotion, LazyMattman, N'ego
I listed frank lotion because of the name, great name. This pool is interesting as only LazyMattman really stands out as a person I feel confident about leaving the pool. There's more names in here like tuboware (commentator) and vato (does a lot of tods on twitter), but it's hard to say who else is making it out. N'ego is a solid canadian player.

D3: GO1
I only know GO1 (likely to win tournament) and ibukunle here.

E1: Des!, SubatomicSabers, stl_lotus
Des is one of the best Canadian players. Subatomic is good enough to make top 8. Lotus is very solid as well.

E2: AlukardNY, BeyodToxin, Cloud805, superkamiguru (kami99)
Alukard has been putting in work and plays Frieza. Toxin has mainly been playing MK, used to play 18 wonder if he still does. Kami is a top canadian player, keep an eye on him. Can place very high imo, won GOML last week. Cloud805 consistently gets 9th place in dbz. The story of this pool is underdog Alukard trying to claw his way out, too bad it apparently won't be streamed but NY is cheering for him.

E3: Fashow, Zeroq, Yohosie, Globo
No one here really sticks out to me as a certainty to leave the pool.

H1: 2tall, Jayto, Lord Knight
2tall is a solid NY player. Jayto is a solid a18 player who is sponsored by hitbox, one of the few who will step up to bat for current a18 (just to get it out there, I think she is solidly rated on most tier lists but a lot of ppl interpret her placing as her being bad, which I don't agree with). Lord Knight has been putting in a lot of work, think he will be nicely prepared for this pool.

H2: dmon, dogura, sage
dmon is another top canadian player, canada is pretty good at this game tbh. dogura is likely top 8. sage is also vey good, you can tell I am losing steam by now, just as I will be when I watch hours of combo breaker this weekend.

H3: dekillsage, xylophone
I think those two are a lock to make it out of pools. dekillsage likely top 8, but I mean...xylo could too, another top canadian player.

H4: SQ, supernoon, coolkid93

ok, I'm done, again my knowledge is incomplete so I might be missing some killers in there.

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Here's a little write-up for the pools based on what I know/players I recognize for combo breaker since it's slow at work. my knowledge isn't encyclopedic and mainly based on personal experience/viewing, so def biased. basically listed ppl I think might make it out of the pool, and wrote a blurb.

B1: Doza, FSLink, Kudaytaa, T-Wong (?)
This pool has our own FSLink so keep an eye on it; an incredibly solid player who has placed well in previous events. Kudaytaa is imo a favorite to emerge from this pool. Doza is known for being an early adopter of blue goku, and has some notoriety based on this, also a veteran of other anime games.

B2: Rath, SonicFox
I don't know too much about this pool. SonicFox should be guaranteed, but hasn't been focusing on dbz (does this matter tho). Rath has placed before, and also dropped a18 from his team so I don't know what he plays now. I have played Stealthyman a bunch of times, watch him if you want to see a krillin/frieza team.

B3: Dacidbro, Looke, Tachikawa
Looke is a solid player from Canada, I've played him a couple of times; the people's champ. Tachikawa should be a lock for this pool. I recognize a bunch of people in this pool, but I think I listed the most likely to make it out. Hex is a lab monster, Angelic used to play Mvc3 (havent seen his dbfz), keep an eye out should be good matches.

C1: DracoPisces, Hook
Largely unfamiliar again. Last time I played Draco he was running all Goku. I think he made it really far in the Worlds last chance bracket, don't remember. He's very very good, and not afraid to go wild. Hook should be a lock. In general in the dark for this pool, but I think draco and hook make it out free?

C2: Artwaltz, Fruit(?), Chris G
I listed Fruit because I think I recognize the name, but not sure...Artwaltz is considered the best in Canada by many, and Chris G is Chris G, just won a tournament recently + teen gohan is top tier now.

C3: Knowkami, ZomBmu
Knowkami is a beast, likely top 8. ZomBmu is solid and has placed before, havent seen him much recently. Some more names I recognize like Sacktap, but I lack knowledge on them. Dismantlex I've seen in online tourneys, plays 18 last I saw (I'm listing all a18 stuff lol)

D1: Apologyman, PivotAce
Those two should make it out afaik. Apologyman is a fun player to watch, places well constantly. PivotAce is a blue vegeta player who also has been doing well. This might be his last tournament. Jmcrofts is in this pool, he's a content creator who plays krillin.

D2: Frank lotion, LazyMattman, N'ego
I listed frank lotion because of the name, great name. This pool is interesting as only LazyMattman really stands out as a person I feel confident about leaving the pool. There's more names in here like tuboware (commentator) and vato (does a lot of tods on twitter), but it's hard to say who else is making it out. N'ego is a solid canadian player.

D3: GO1
I only know GO1 (likely to win tournament) and ibukunle here.

E1: Des!, SubatomicSabers, stl_lotus
Des is one of the best Canadian players. Subatomic is good enough to make top 8. Lotus is very solid as well.

E2: AlukardNY, BeyodToxin, Cloud805, superkamiguru (kami99)
Alukard has been putting in work and plays Frieza. Toxin has mainly been playing MK, used to play 18 wonder if he still does. Kami is a top canadian player, keep an eye on him. Can place very high imo, won GOML last week. Cloud805 consistently gets 9th place in dbz. The story of this pool is underdog Alukard trying to claw his way out, too bad it apparently won't be streamed but NY is cheering for him.

E3: Fashow, Zeroq, Yohosie, Globo
No one here really sticks out to me as a certainty to leave the pool.

H1: 2tall, Jayto, Lord Knight
2tall is a solid NY player. Jayto is a solid a18 player who is sponsored by hitbox, one of the few who will step up to bat for current a18 (just to get it out there, I think she is solidly rated on most tier lists but a lot of ppl interpret her placing as her being bad, which I don't agree with). Lord Knight has been putting in a lot of work, think he will be nicely prepared for this pool.

H2: dmon, dogura, sage
dmon is another top canadian player, canada is pretty good at this game tbh. dogura is likely top 8. sage is also vey good, you can tell I am losing steam by now, just as I will be when I watch hours of combo breaker this weekend.

H3: dekillsage, xylophone
I think those two are a lock to make it out of pools. dekillsage likely top 8, but I mean...xylo could too, another top canadian player.

H4: SQ, supernoon, coolkid93

ok, I'm done, again my knowledge is incomplete so I might be missing some killers in there.
Nice write up.
With Kaz and Fenritti missing, GO1 is the ultra favorite. Like you said SonicFox has been focusing on MK, he's still a favorite for top 8 but people who have been grinding likely got to his level.
Sage and ChrisG are my bets to upset GO1, both finally settled on a team which I think was holding them back.

Dogura doesn't seem to be focusing as much in Dragon Ball, probably waiting for the World Tour, Street Fighter and Tekken are his priorities and it should show.
Hook probably a lock for top 8 but ChrisG and Sage got the better of him in the last tournament, very slim chance for victory to him. Last tournament he returned to his fullscreen super-dash ways, his bigger weakness is mental.

Then there's a bunch who could get top 8. Top 48 on Saturday should be great. I say ChrisG will win this.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow missed Shanks in pool D2, definitely a player to keep an eye on, a top EU player from Spain who also plays 18. For that pool my money would be on him and LazyMattman, with the last spot up for grabs

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Going to be cheering on my man FSLink. Yeah I've been spectating AlucardNY a little he's been putting in work. Definitely lots of killers in this lineup

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
It's been a solid night for rage quits...

Honestly I think it's borderline incompetent all these anime fighting games allow ragequitting at will (granted almost all of them seem associated with ASW somehow so it's small wonder). Granted it doesnt affect me anymore because I only play anime FGs when people ask on discord & friend's list. But for random matchmaking I plan to only stick to FGs that hits the quitter with a loss and the winner with their points.

edit: And don't get me wrong I'm not calling ASW incompetent at least when it comes to everything else. They are one of my favorite FG devs

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Last edited:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Tag

Yeah what's your psn name?
Same as on here. Just friend requested someone whom I'm assuming was you.
Damn I can't believe that second dude had the balls to RQ when he played Bardock the way he did.
Yeah, got a good laugh out of that one. I don't pretend to be good (I drop combos left and right and have no synergy between my characters) but it. Never ceases to amaze me how fragile some of these people can be when even the littlest thing starts going wrong for their team.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Same as on here. Just friend requested someone whom I'm assuming was you.

Yeah, got a good laugh out of that one. I don't pretend to be good (I drop combos left and right and have no synergy between my characters) but it. Never ceases to amaze me how fragile some of these people can be when even the littlest thing starts going wrong for their team.

Pretty sure you friend requested the wrong person lol ill send you one

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Pretty sure you friend requested the wrong person lol ill send you one
Oh, yeah look at that. Same name, but with a capital L and C. Wonderful, I'll worry about that later then lol

EDIT: Some really great matches tonight. A few completely one-sided blowouts, but still really fun; and we got the dramatic finish in there, which is always satisfying. I messed around with Tien a bit afterwards and I think he'll definitely make a great addition to the team. Thanks again for the practice!

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the matches, TheCthultist. I rarely fight Hit or Beerus, so that was fun, glad to expose you to some Base Goku too. I've got to incorporate the grab in there a little more, it's just tricky. lol Also up for more matches today if you are, it's a fun way to grind my Zeni up to 20 mil.

Another to call to others on here to try to get together a RIng Party match again. We need 6 players for the 3 vs 3. Preferably from North America, we could try if you're a little further, but as you know that will just make the matches harder to play.

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
GO1 being so dominant took out the fun out of Grand Final and Winners Finals. We need someone to challenge him at the risk of tournaments becoming boring. If they repeat the World Tour system then we are screwed since gatekeeping like last year seems likely to happen just replace Kaz with GO1, they better introduce a points system. The "2nd line" players battle has potential to be very interesting.
Shanks performance was the highlight of the tournament.

We had 24 characters in play, 18 unique ones. No character was selected more than 3 times. It was great variety I hope this continues. I'll post the character usage update later today or tomorrow.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I enjoyed the Top 8 a lot esp with Shanks hitting everyone hard. Looks like HGG has improved a lot too. It has been fun watching these people grow and advance their skills. But overall, the best player won and I can't be mad about that
My mission to rely less on Hit to win every match has finally started to bear fruit!

Beerus putting in work there. Not sure what they guy was doing with Jiren. just felt like he gave up and started smashing buttons

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

There's just something about a good solid jab that connects from half way across the screen that no amount of flashy combos or useful assists will ever be able to replace for me...

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018

Don't know why they didn't attach more information to such a good trailer... Anyway, I'm happy this is finally happening but I'm not expecting much improvement due to how they handled this so far. Waiting all these months, finally confirming with only a month to the first event. We shall see...

Sorry for the delay on the character usage list, haven't had the time.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see World Tour news coming soon. Doubtful we'll get Janembababa by E3, huh?

Also, up for any matches if anyone is available on PS4

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Good to see World Tour news coming soon. Doubtful we'll get Janembababa by E3, huh?

Also, up for any matches if anyone is available on PS4
You in the discord? I'm crazy stupid rusty and free but I'd be down

FFUUUUU you posted at 7pm. I think I was still sparring with fslink at that time

Don't know why they didn't attach more information to such a good trailer... Anyway, I'm happy this is finally happening but I'm not expecting much improvement due to how they handled this so far. Waiting all these months, finally confirming with only a month to the first event. We shall see...

Sorry for the delay on the character usage list, haven't had the time.

What they need to improve?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
It's a Goku World(game)!
More than a month and a half of tournaments and something is certain, if you're not playing a Goku, you're doing something wrong and there's a lot of them to pick from.
Kid Goku is the most successful DLC character in such a short period of time.

A bunch of characters made it's debut, only Mr. Boo remains as an unused character.

On the Rise:
All the Goku's - SSJ Goku has cemented it's place as the most used character tying up with Bardock, Kid Goku came out and exploded, SSB Goku has shown up at a decent rate and even Base Goku popped up a couple of times.

Broly and Goku Black - The first is starting to show up once in a while at an increasing rate. The second suffers from region/area preference, some players still value the character.

Tenshinhan and Teen Gohan: Both stay steady like last time.

Trunks - He sneaks in but he's showing up enough to deserve a mention.

On the Low:
Cell, SSJ Vegeta and Gotenks - Former top tiers struggling to appear, SSJ Vegeta still shines here and there but I shoved him here due to his previous importance.

Piccolo - It's consideration as a high tier doesn't translate into appearances. Basically if Hook or Apology Man aren't in a tournament, the character is a rarity.

Bardock - Don't get me wrong the character is still ridiculously used. But it let SSJ Goku catch up and I sense Kid Goku might replace him for some players.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2 (Patch #1)
Bardock - 22
Kid Boo - 17
SSJ Goku - 17
SSJ Vegeta - 14
#16 - 12
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 10
Vegetto - 9
Videl - 7
Adult Gohan - 6
Piccolo - 6
Hit - 6
#18 - 5
Cell - 5
Trunks - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
Freeza - 3
Jiren - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
Cooler - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearance: #17, Base Goku, Goku Black and SSB Goku.

Season 2(Patch #2)
Bardock - 60
SSJ Goku - 60
Yamcha - 36
Adult Gohan - 29
Kid Boo - 29
SSJ Vegeta - 19
Goku Black - 18
Gotenks - 17
Vegetto - 17
Piccolo - 16
Tenshinhan - 16
Kid Goku - 15
#16 - 15
SSB Goku - 14
Trunks - 14
Teen Gohan - 14
#21 - 12
Cell - 10
Zamasu - 10
Hit - 10
Broly - 10
#18 - 7
Base Goku - 5
Base Vegeta - 5
Ginyu - 5
Freeza - 4
Cooler - 3
Jiren - 2
Nappa - 2
Videl - 2
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1
#17 - 1

No appearances: Mr.Boo.

Bum's Birthday Bash 2019
Bardock - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Yamcha - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
SSB Goku - 2
#21 - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Freeza - 1
Jiren - 1
Vegetto - 1
Zamasu - 1
Brussels Challenge Major 2019
Gotenks - 2
SSJ Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Bardock - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Yamcha - 1
Michigan Masters 2019
Bardock - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Zamasu - 2
Goku Black - 2
Hit - 2
#16 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
#21 - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Cooler - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
April Annihilation 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 2
Gotenks - 2
Yamcha - 2
Trunks - 2
#21 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Goku Black - 1
Vegetto - 1
Jiren - 1
Broly - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Super TSB 2019
Yamcha - 6
Bardock - 5
Adult Gohan - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Gotenks - 2
Vegetto - 2
Ginyu - 1
Cooler - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
The Mixup 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Base Goku - 2
Goku Black - 2
Vegetto - 2
Yamcha - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#16 - 1
Nappa - 1
Bardock - 1
#21 - 1
#18 - 1
Gotenks - 1
Versus Masters 2019
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 2
Yamcha - 2
Piccolo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Kid Boo - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
#16 - 1
Broly - 1
Naptow Clutch 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Goku Black - 2
Cell - 2
Piccolo - 2
Trunks - 1
Hit - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Northwest Majors 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Bardock - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Cell - 2
Gotenks - 2
Piccolo - 2
Goku Black - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
SSB Goku - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Zamasu - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Kuririn - 1
KVO x TSB 2019
Bardock - 5
Kid Boo - 4
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
Yamcha - 2
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Hit - 1
Zamasu - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Base Goku - 1
Spring Fighters 2019
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
Goku Black - 1
Ginyu - 1
Trunks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Headstomper 2019
#16 - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 2
Videl - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Gotenks - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Ginyu - 1
Beerus - 1
Goku Black - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Saigon Cup
SSJ Goku - 2
#18 - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Freeza - 1
#16 - 1
Cooler - 1
Ginyu - 1
Broly - 1
Texas Showdown 2019
Bardock - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Yamcha - 3
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Broly - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Piccolo - 1
Freeza - 1
Zamasu - 1
SSB Goku - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#17 - 1
Stunfest 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Kid Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Bardock - 2
Vegetto - 2
Yamcha - 2
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Base Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Ginyu - 1
Get on My Level 2019
SSJ Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Bardock - 3
Yamcha - 2
Kid Goku - 1
Trunks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1
Gotenks - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
BAM11
SSJ Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Vegetto - 3
Trunks - 2
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Goku - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
SSB Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Bardock - 1
#16 - 1
Broly - 1
Goku Black - 1
Smash'N'Splash 5
Goku Black - 3
Kid Boo - 2
Kid Goku - 2
#21 - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Bardock - 1
Vegetto - 1
Zamasu - 1
Gotenks - 1
Cell - 1
#16 - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Broly - 1
Momocon 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Goku - 4
Yamcha - 3
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Piccolo - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Broly - 1
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Nappa - 1
Combo Breaker 2019
Bardock - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Vegetto - 1
Cell - 1
Gotenks - 1
Zamasu - 1
#16 - 1
Reflect 2019
SSJ Goku - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Bardock - 3
Kid Goku - 2
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
Hit - 1
Goku Black - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Zamasu - 1
Broly - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Cell - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Goku - 1

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
What they need to improve?
For starters a point system. It sucks having to win a tournament full of killers or an insane marathon qualifier to qualify. They need to reward consistency, which also creates interesting storylines in regards to secondary players.
Besides having GO1 win your first Tour event, for example, allowed him to avoid all other tours. Having possibly your top players skipping most events because they don't need to isn't great for viewership and for stories.

This all or nothing system has to change and it's the most important one that has to be made, in my opinion.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
It's a Goku World(game)!
More than a month and a half of tournaments and something is certain, if you're not playing a Goku, you're doing something wrong and there's a lot of them to pick from.
Kid Goku is the most successful DLC character in such a short period of time.

A bunch of characters made it's debut, only Mr. Boo remains as an unused character.

On the Rise:
All the Goku's - SSJ Goku has cemented it's place as the most used character tying up with Bardock, Kid Goku came out and exploded, SSB Goku has shown up at a decent rate and even Base Goku popped up a couple of times.

Broly and Goku Black - The first is starting to show up once in a while at an increasing rate. The second suffers from region/area preference, some players still value the character.

Tenshinhan and Teen Gohan: Both stay steady like last time.

Trunks - He sneaks in but he's showing up enough to deserve a mention.

On the Low:
Cell, SSJ Vegeta and Gotenks - Former top tiers struggling to appear, SSJ Vegeta still shines here and there but I shoved him here due to his previous importance.

Piccolo - It's consideration as a high tier doesn't translate into appearances. Basically if Hook or Apology Man aren't in a tournament, the character is a rarity.

Bardock - Don't get me wrong the character is still ridiculously used. But it let SSJ Goku catch up and I sense Kid Goku might replace him for some players.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2 (Patch #1)
Bardock - 22
Kid Boo - 17
SSJ Goku - 17
SSJ Vegeta - 14
#16 - 12
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 10
Vegetto - 9
Videl - 7
Adult Gohan - 6
Piccolo - 6
Hit - 6
#18 - 5
Cell - 5
Trunks - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
Freeza - 3
Jiren - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
Cooler - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearance: #17, Base Goku, Goku Black and SSB Goku.

Season 2(Patch #2)
Bardock - 60
SSJ Goku - 60
Yamcha - 36
Adult Gohan - 29
Kid Boo - 29
SSJ Vegeta - 19
Goku Black - 18
Gotenks - 17
Vegetto - 17
Piccolo - 16
Tenshinhan - 16
Kid Goku - 15
#16 - 15
SSB Goku - 14
Trunks - 14
Teen Gohan - 14
#21 - 12
Cell - 10
Zamasu - 10
Hit - 10
Broly - 10
#18 - 7
Base Goku - 5
Base Vegeta - 5
Ginyu - 5
Freeza - 4
Cooler - 3
Jiren - 2
Nappa - 2
Videl - 2
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1
#17 - 1

No appearances: Mr.Boo.

Bum's Birthday Bash 2019
Bardock - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Yamcha - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
SSB Goku - 2
#21 - 2
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Goku Black - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Freeza - 1
Jiren - 1
Vegetto - 1
Zamasu - 1
Brussels Challenge Major 2019
Gotenks - 2
SSJ Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Bardock - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Yamcha - 1
Michigan Masters 2019
Bardock - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Zamasu - 2
Goku Black - 2
Hit - 2
#16 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
#21 - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Cooler - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
April Annihilation 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 2
Gotenks - 2
Yamcha - 2
Trunks - 2
#21 - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#16 - 1
Goku Black - 1
Vegetto - 1
Jiren - 1
Broly - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Super TSB 2019
Yamcha - 6
Bardock - 5
Adult Gohan - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Gotenks - 2
Vegetto - 2
Ginyu - 1
Cooler - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
Trunks - 1
Zamasu - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
The Mixup 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Base Goku - 2
Goku Black - 2
Vegetto - 2
Yamcha - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#16 - 1
Nappa - 1
Bardock - 1
#21 - 1
#18 - 1
Gotenks - 1
Versus Masters 2019
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 2
Yamcha - 2
Piccolo - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Kid Boo - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
#16 - 1
Broly - 1
Naptow Clutch 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Goku Black - 2
Cell - 2
Piccolo - 2
Trunks - 1
Hit - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Northwest Majors 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Bardock - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Cell - 2
Gotenks - 2
Piccolo - 2
Goku Black - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
SSB Goku - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Zamasu - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Kuririn - 1
KVO x TSB 2019
Bardock - 5
Kid Boo - 4
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
Yamcha - 2
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Hit - 1
Zamasu - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Base Goku - 1
Spring Fighters 2019
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Kid Boo - 1
Cell - 1
Goku Black - 1
Ginyu - 1
Trunks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Headstomper 2019
#16 - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 2
Videl - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Gotenks - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Ginyu - 1
Beerus - 1
Goku Black - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Saigon Cup
SSJ Goku - 2
#18 - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Freeza - 1
#16 - 1
Cooler - 1
Ginyu - 1
Broly - 1
Texas Showdown 2019
Bardock - 5
SSJ Goku - 4
Yamcha - 3
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Broly - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Piccolo - 1
Freeza - 1
Zamasu - 1
SSB Goku - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
#17 - 1
Stunfest 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Kid Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Bardock - 2
Vegetto - 2
Yamcha - 2
Trunks - 1
Gotenks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Goku Black - 1
Base Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Ginyu - 1
Get on My Level 2019
SSJ Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Bardock - 3
Yamcha - 2
Kid Goku - 1
Trunks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Hit - 1
#16 - 1
Gotenks - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
#21 - 1
BAM11
SSJ Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Vegetto - 3
Trunks - 2
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Goku - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
SSB Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Bardock - 1
#16 - 1
Broly - 1
Goku Black - 1
Smash'N'Splash 5
Goku Black - 3
Kid Boo - 2
Kid Goku - 2
#21 - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Bardock - 1
Vegetto - 1
Zamasu - 1
Gotenks - 1
Cell - 1
#16 - 1
Piccolo - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Trunks - 1
Broly - 1
Momocon 2019
Bardock - 4
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Goku - 4
Yamcha - 3
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Piccolo - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Broly - 1
Trunks - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Nappa - 1
Combo Breaker 2019
Bardock - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Piccolo - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Kid Goku - 1
Hit - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Vegetto - 1
Cell - 1
Gotenks - 1
Zamasu - 1
#16 - 1
Reflect 2019
SSJ Goku - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Bardock - 3
Kid Goku - 2
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
#18 - 1
Hit - 1
Goku Black - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Zamasu - 1
Broly - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Cell - 1
Vegetto - 1
Base Goku - 1
Thank you for the in-depth, concise look at all this.

...that said, if goku is right, I enjoy being wrong...

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
So, no teases as to when we will be getting Janemba yet? At this rate it feels like Namco is saving the last DLC for both this and Soul Calibur VI for during Evo.

Also, can an admin of the Discord server please let me view and interact with the channels again? I was not banned or anything, just locked out of seeing anything.