• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wawa showing that Base Goku is a fucking beast. His damage output is insane, Wawa has a nice team around him too.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
didn't make it on to stream but my team is 18, kbuu, ssgoku
yeah axeice was the fav, I caught his set with knowkami and ppl were behind him for sure

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
It's nicely done, and Stage 7 you get to go against Super Saiyan (not Blue) Goku, Frieza, and Android 17 (Sound familiar?) oh, yeah, and they're all at lvl 100 >_>
Did you ever end up beating stage 7? My friends and I tried all weekend and did a few last night and we couldn't do it. These guys are excellent players and I'm no slouch myself. We all had lvl 6 skills equipped and we couldn't bring it home. The very last attempt was the closest we got. We were all alive with some in better shape than others and we ran out of time with Freiza having something like 10k health left. It was really fun but I can't believe we didn't finish it. This is the first one that beat us.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever end up beating stage 7? My friends and I tried all weekend and did a few last night and we couldn't do it. These guys are excellent players and I'm no slouch myself. We all had lvl 6 skills equipped and we couldn't bring it home. The very last attempt was the closest we got. We were all alive with some in better shape than others and we ran out of time with Freiza having something like 10k health left. It was really fun but I can't believe we didn't finish it. This is the first one that beat us.

1 time. lol. Out of like 10 tries. This was probably the highest difficulty ever for a stage 7.

Had a really good team of a Goku Black, SSJ Goku and I was Base Goku (One Pink square, 2 Reds, Two Health Recovery+6 and One Health+6). DId a lot of teleport kamehama into Spirit Bomb. We took out 17 first, then SSJ Goku to get rid of the beam, but my god were they cheap as hell! It was maddening. lol.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
1 time. lol. Out of like 10 tries. This was probably the highest difficulty ever for a stage 7.

Had a really good team of a Goku Black, SSJ Goku and I was Base Goku (One Pink square, 2 Reds, Two Health Recovery+6 and One Health+6). DId a lot of teleport kamehama into Spirit Bomb. We took out 17 first, then SSJ Goku to get rid of the beam, but my god were they cheap as hell! It was maddening. lol.
Wow, congrats! The difficulty was through the roof. We had a somewhat similar setup. Goku Black, Vegito, and myself as Vegeta Blue with the same skills. We're all pink/red squares too and even had the same gameplan: Take out 17 first. It worked for the most part and we would've had it if we didn't run out of time. Crazy.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the very first time I did it, It was only me left against Frieza, and I had like 3/4's my bar and he had a little less than half and got timed out. I didn't know at that point it was immediate loss.

It sucks when other people didn't know that and were stalling and I'm spamming "TAG ME IN" or later "Sorry!" When I knew we were about to lose from it., haha

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Two Tenkaichi Events in the books and two GO1 vs Fenritti finals with the same results. Let's see what happens at EVO and with more points distributed we can start making better predictions about who's getting in or not. For now the top 2 are well on their way to qualify.

Talking about characters, Kid Goku of course is plastered everywhere as is SSJ Goku and Bardock, a tier below we have the A.Gohan's, Kid Boo's and Yamcha's.
For the last group of tournaments besides Kid Goku, we have Hit, Goku Black, #18 and Teen Gohan all on the rise. Hit and #18 due to their popularity on Europe, Goku Black is a weird one that pops up sometimes, not sure if it's a trend to follow. Teen Gohan has clearly established itself as a character to use, it's no Kid Goku but it's doing some work.

I really hope ArcSys changes their minds about a single balance patch. Kinda tired of looking at Bardock's and SSJ Goku. And I bet a couple more tournaments the same will happen in regards to Kid Goku. It would be nice to shake things up after EVO besides a DLC character.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2 (Patch #1)
Bardock - 22
Kid Boo - 17
SSJ Goku - 17
SSJ Vegeta - 14
#16 - 12
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 10
Vegetto - 9
Videl - 7
Adult Gohan - 6
Piccolo - 6
Hit - 6
#18 - 5
Cell - 5
Trunks - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
Freeza - 3
Jiren - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
Cooler - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearance: #17, Base Goku, Goku Black and SSB Goku.

Season 2(Patch #2)
SSJ Goku - 83

Bardock - 80
Yamcha - 45
Adult Gohan - 42
Kid Boo - 42
Kid Goku - 32
Goku Black - 25
SSJ Vegeta - 24
Teen Gohan - 21
Gotenks - 20
Tenshinhan - 20
Vegetto - 19
Trunks - 19
Piccolo - 18
#16 - 18
SSB Goku - 17
Hit - 16
#21 - 14
Cell - 13
Broly - 13
Zamasu - 12
#18 - 12
Base Goku - 7
Base Vegeta - 6
Ginyu - 5
Freeza - 5
Cooler - 5
Jiren - 3
Nappa - 2
Videl - 2
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 2
SSB Vegeta - 1
#17 - 1

No appearances: Mr.Boo.

UMAD 2019
Adult Gohan - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Trunks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Beerus - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Viennality 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 2
#16 - 2
Kid Goku - 1
Bardock - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Vegetto - 1
The Pinnacle
Kid Boo - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Gotenks - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Broly - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Bardock - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Kid Goku - 1
CEO 2019(Tenkaichi Event)
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Goku - 3
Bardock - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Broly - 1
#18 - 1
Zamasu - 1
Cooler - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
#21 - 1
Goku Black - 1
SonicBoom VI
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Boo - 2
Hit - 2
Kid Goku - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
#18 - 2
Bardock - 2
Trunks - 2
SSB Goku - 2
Goku Black - 2
#16 - 1
Zamasu - 1
Yamcha - 1
Cooler - 1
#21 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Toryuken 8
Bardock - 3
Hit - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Goku Black - 2
Kid Goku - 2
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Cell - 1
Trunks - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Piccolo - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Defend the North 2019
Bardock - 5
Kid Goku - 4
Kid Boo - 3
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Hit - 1
Broly - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Trunks - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Base Goku - 1
Jiren - 1
Goku Black - 1
VSFighting 2019(Tenkaichi Event)
Kid Goku - 4
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Kid Boo - 2
Yamcha - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Base Goku - 1
#18 - 1
Cell - 1
Piccolo - 1
Goku Black - 1
Teen Gohan - 1

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope ArcSys changes their minds about a single balance patch. Kinda tired of looking at Bardock's and SSJ Goku.

Between Wawa and Axeice, I'm thrilled to see Base Goku being used at a High Level. I hope they can drop a patch before then too, but I can see them waiting for Janemba to do it at the same time.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, congrats! The difficulty was through the roof. We had a somewhat similar setup. Goku Black, Vegito, and myself as Vegeta Blue with the same skills. We're all pink/red squares too and even had the same gameplan: Take out 17 first. It worked for the most part and we would've had it if we didn't run out of time. Crazy.

So, I had to work 10 hours today, but I wanted to give it one last shot, as the Party Battle ends in one hour, and I found a good team. With 7 seconds on the clock left, Base Goku defeated Super Saiyan Goku with a lvl 3 Kamehameha xD

EAMzRk1U0AAnndX

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
got 17th at my first biggish tournament, better than I expected
Congrats man! That's pretty awesome, DTN was stacked.
Between Wawa and Axeice, I'm thrilled to see Base Goku being used at a High Level. I hope they can drop a patch before then too, but I can see them waiting for Janemba to do it at the same time.
I doubt them to go back on their word, but we can dream. 6 months of SSJ Goku, Kid Goku, Bardock and Kid Boo is a very likely scenario.

Only did the party battle once and didn't beat it. Didn't have time for more.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the main thing is how it works, if the netcode doesnt cooperate as we can kinda expect it might be dead in the water, or at least another thing for less competitive minded ppl to participate in for rewards like the raid bosses.

Someone did a collection of team comps at vsf and dtn here, kind of a slight preview of what to expect at EVO:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
A Tournament sounds more appealing (at least to me) than the Hercule cup mode, or whatever that's called, it's literally the same thing as Ranked but the stats are kept separate.

At least the Party Battle mode is different, it should be available to play all the time.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Wawa is going to EVO! This certainly spices up FighterZ, bet a lot of people are starting to study Base Goku after these news.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wawa is going to EVO! This certainly spices up FighterZ, bet a lot of people are starting to study Base Goku after these news.

Nice!! Maybe we'll get that Axeice, Wawa Baseku dream match that only I want to see. lol

FWIW, Knowkami was watching VS, Wawa's sets, and while it was attributed it seems like some of it is Unfamiliarity with the CM, his movement is so fluid, how good that assist is with the team he's created, his Baseku is more than a one-trick pony.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I feel like Wawa is way above Axeice. As I rank them it would be a beat-down.

So Janemba was leaked by Nintendo, not that we didn't knew about it. But that tells me he's coming shortly after EVO.
Character I have the highest expectations from. Wanted him ever since season 1.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I can think of it that way, wawa is more tech-conscious for sure and his team makes more sense, but axeice can come at you weird while being very solid fundamentally. like it's not a linear relationship or anything but I think knowkami can beat wawa and axeice beat knowkami last time they met in bracket so iunno if it'd be a wash, wawa looking very impressive for sure tho

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wawa, is extremely talented, no doubt, going against the JPN players. Remember, Axe took out Knowkami, Dekillsage, and Chris G (In winners), so you gotta figure he wouldn't get "wasted" by him. I think they could have some nice sets, but I do think Wawa would come out on top.

Like I said, I'd personally love to see it for all the Base Goku. xD

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I guess a beat-down is an exaggeration, you guys are right. Also Wawa is prune to nerves which makes him more vulnerable to players "weaker" than him.

Any EVO predictions? I both want GO1 to win and lose. Last year the staff taking so long to decide on the side-switch, in my opinion, influenced the result. On the other hand, him winning the first 3 World Tour events is a bit of an overkill.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
I guess a beat-down is an exaggeration, you guys are right. Also Wawa is prune to nerves which makes him more vulnerable to players "weaker" than him.

Any EVO predictions? I both want GO1 to win and lose. Last year the staff taking so long to decide on the side-switch, in my opinion, influenced the result. On the other hand, him winning the first 3 World Tour events is a bit of an overkill.

Top 8 has two Americans, a European, and five Japanese players. GO1 wins anticlimactically due to how free it is. Spectators lament the relative lack of character diversity in high level play. There are fewer Bardock level 3s than last year, but there are still a lot.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Go1 is great, and deserves to be there with his preparation. I think Chris G will make top 8, as well as Wawa. Other spots go to probably Hook, Fenretti, Dogura or Kazunoko. With the huge Pools, everyone needs to be on the lookout, even the Sonic Fox and Supernoons of the world.

Should be fun.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Go1 is great, and deserves to be there with his preparation. I think Chris G will make top 8, as well as Wawa. Other spots go to probably Hook, Fenretti, Dogura or Kazunoko. With the huge Pools, everyone needs to be on the lookout, even the Sonic Fox and Supernoons of the world.

Should be fun.

I will bet you 20 US dollars neither Chris G nor Wawa makes top 8. You game?

closer

Oct 25, 2017
The great thing about such a large pool of players is that potential for upsets definitely goes up. Tho in the end i do expect mainly the usual suspects, particularly the ones who've put a lot of work into top tier teams: sonicfox, go1, fenrich are locks for me. I think sonic being the only us player is definitely possible but i think the us is hungry and ppl like kazunoko dont seem as jnto the game as before (from my perspective, i dont know shit lol). Im hoping some lesser known ppl make it far, and that there is a diverse representation in top 8.

Here's my personal list coming into evo
my-image.png

I tried to do it in order but already i would bump gblack up a few spots, woops. And ofc a list in a tag game is gonna be weird no matter what

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
The great thing about such a large pool of players is that potential for upsets definitely goes up. Tho in the end i do expect mainly the usual suspects, particularly the ones who've put a lot of work into top tier teams: sonicfox, go1, fenrich are locks for me. I think sonic being the only us player is definitely possible but i think the us is hungry and ppl like kazunoko dont seem as jnto the game as before (from my perspective, i dont know shit lol). Im hoping some lesser known ppl make it far, and that there is a diverse representation in top 8.

Here's my personal list coming into evo
my-image.png

I tried to do it in order but already i would bump gblack up a few spots, woops. And ofc a list in a tag game is gonna be weird no matter what

Nicely said. it's funny, Sonicfox kinda dropped off a bit during the time from the end of World Tour 1, but is right back up top now. I'd love to see more upsets for sure.

Yes, I'd definitely have Goku Black at A tier no doubt. No one plays Gotenks anymore. lol That's the Kid Goku effect, but is he really still A tier? I literally never see him anymore so I have no clue. xD

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Gotenks players are sad about it but he's still A to me. Good neutral, above avg beam, v good and singular assist for mix, ghost oki still works, etc. Granted i dont play him, only against him. I think most who actually play gotenks might put him B, but i think about how i initially put 18 in B, as an 18 player, and how a lot of the commiseration i see is from ppl playing gotenks...i think he's good, A works for me

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I agree that Kazunoko might miss top 8, he seems more into Samurai Showdown nowadays. That said, he might have grinded the last week to the max and he is the reigning World champ after all.

Hope Alioune makes top 8, I want to see Mr.Boo do some magic. There's a lot of room for upsets let's hope they happen. I agree with closer SonicFox, GO1 and Fenritti are the only locks for top 8 bar something really weird happening.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
After months of not playing, I see that the same stuff that I disliked about the game are still dominating everything. There really isn't going to be a shake up anytime soon is there?

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man it takes so long to find matches and rage quiting doesn't help the situation.

Edit: at least 7 salty rage quiters today. Fuck this shit. Good thing I am not paying for plus anymore.

Last edited:

closer

Oct 25, 2017
sucks, I only ever got ragers in ranked really and when I changed to casual it was great and also full of high-skill players

participating in the copious amounts of online tournaments def helped bring back the fire for this game for me

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
sucks, I only ever got ragers in ranked really and when I changed to casual it was great and also full of high-skill players

participating in the copious amounts of online tournaments def helped bring back the fire for this game for me

I find, way, way better competition in Casuals instead of Ranked, and this is coming from me being a Orange/Red square. I'm okish, but people just pull out all the stops on casual, and I get bodied way more than I ever do on Ranked.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
fyi, dragonball starts on the EVO4 stream at 1 pm est, cheering for all underdogs and 18 players

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Won't be able to no-life watch EVO this year but at least I can catch a couple of hours of pools today and the semi-finals and top 8 tomorrow.

If you guys catch a good match please post the time-stamp so that I may have a look. Wish FighterZ matches were shorter, not enough time for everything.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017

What's your team?

and sweet dude, cheering you on <3

Edit

Oof. These matches have been anti-hype so far. lol

None of them have been close, like at all. I feel like we're missing way better matches on what's NOT being streamed.

C'mon evo, step up your game and add another channel

Last edited: