• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Janemba is awesome, but his level 3 seems to be missing something.

I hope they give Gogeta his Stardust Breaker.

Can't wait to see DBS Broly, as I main OG Broly on my team. I am really curious about how they change him. Will he play similar to OG? or make him a hybrid of OG Broly and the standard Saiyan cast? Will he have ridiculous armor too? However it is, I am sure he's going to look and animate incredibly since he's the final character. I really doubt they do a season 3, but I can see them adding another 2 characters to this season to round it out. I just hope that DBF2 doesn't remove anyone from this roster just to add them as DLC. I can totally see them doing something like replacing Nappa for Toppo or selling OG Broly as DLC again while DBS Broly is on the base roster.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Janemba is awesome, but his level 3 seems to be missing something.

I hope they give Gogeta his Stardust Breaker.

Can't wait to see DBS Broly, as I main OG Broly on my team. I am really curious about how they change him. Will he play similar to OG? or make him a hybrid of OG Broly and the standard Saiyan cast? Will he have ridiculous armor too? However it is, I am sure he's going to look and animate incredibly since he's the final character. I really doubt they do a season 3, but I can see them adding another 2 characters to this season to round it out. I just hope that DBF2 doesn't remove anyone from this roster just to add them as DLC. I can totally see them doing something like replacing Nappa for Toppo or selling OG Broly as DLC again while DBS Broly is on the base roster.

Depends on who has more say in what happens to the game. If it's ArcSys, then everybody would stay and they would just continue to sell new DLC. They don't have a history of removing characters from previous iterations unless the game gets an entire reboot. If it's Namco... they're the wild card here since DBFZ might be the first real fighter they've outsourced?

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on who has more say in what happens to the game. If it's ArcSys, then everybody would stay and they would just continue to sell new DLC. They don't have a history of removing characters from previous iterations unless the game gets an entire reboot. If it's Namco... they're the wild card here since DBFZ might be the first real fighter they've outsourced?
Doesn't ArcSys have a history of removing characters between numbered versions? While Guilty Gear isnt regularly numbered, if we look at X to XX to Xrd, characters like Baiken/Anji/Bridget/Dizzy/Testament/Cliff were not brought into Xrd.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't ArcSys have a history of removing characters between numbered versions? While Guilty Gear isnt regularly numbered, if we look at X to XX to Xrd, characters like Baiken/Anji/Bridget/Dizzy/Testament/Cliff were not brought into Xrd.

Like I said, unless the game gets an entire reboot. The difference between Xrd and the formerly mentioned is night and day. Now if they did it with Sign to Revelator, there would be some shit to answer for.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Seems like V-Jump has info on Gogeta. He might come out sooner than expected.

His intro might be Goku and Vegeta fusing, his basic ki blasts are the Kamehameha and the Galick Gun.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like V-Jump has info on Gogeta. He might come out sooner than expected.

His intro might be Goku and Vegeta fusing, his basic ki blasts are the Kamehameha and the Galick Gun.

Basic ki blasts? Lately they've been doing a better job of making each character unique. I want to see what's going to happen here.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Can't wait for Gogeta and S. Broly.
Just watched the film again with the nephews this summer and got pumped imagining how battles will look and play out.

If they really nail Broly I can see him becoming my favourite member of the cast; learning every nuance, collecting every colour, etc.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm beyond ecstatic to get the 90's clothes Piccolo worn from the Driving Test episode as my lobby avatar.

Ajk4pGB.jpg

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
World Tour Preview
Celtic Throwdown 2019:
This tournament is stacked!

-There's a chance for a EVO finals rematch, could GO1 relax after clinching a place on the World Finals?

-The European contingent should do a good job defending home-turf, Shanks and Wawa have the most points but there's a lot of talent there.

-Japan is showing up in force: Tachikawa missed EVO and must be hungry for competition, BBNB who after the Finals last year has been disappointing this season, Kaz who can't get past 7th place.

-Besides SonicFox, America is bringing the usual suspects like HGG, Dekillsage, ApolagyMan, Nakkiel and LordKnight. There's limited points and some of these players are lacking.

Should be a great tournament. Since this is post-EVO I expect some surprises. GO1 can just chill until January(hope he does, he has won enough. There's a bunch of EU players with unusual teams which might surprise. It's a good opportunity to see who's hungry.

Here's the pools: https://smash.gg/tournament/celtic-throwdown-2019/events/dragon-ball-fighterz/brackets

CouchWarriors:
So..., I know Jiyuna and Rynge are commentating. Per a tweet from Jiyuna it seems Fenritti is going. No idea who else can't find information online.
Hope it's not Fenritti vs Australia... Maybe some other Japanese players show up, plus other regional competitors like Seo or Korean Wrestling Man. That would make for an interesting tournament.

My advice don't miss Celtic Throwdown, a lot of good Dragon Ball to see there. Both tournament start 31st of August. I'll try to remember to post schedules/twitch links here.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any team in this game that isn't made better by replacing your assist/support character with GT Goku? I feel like this dude just does everything.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Is there any team in this game that isn't made better by replacing your assist/support character with GT Goku? I feel like this dude just does everything.

Certain characters synergise extremely well with others allowing crazy stuff for example:

That said, Kid Goku overall strengths are probably still better... Why did they release this clear Season 1 like character, at least balance him to the current patch of the game.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
most still playing have internalized this already but i know it's still a lot of SD complainers out there:

def check out Rath's content (even tho he dropped 18 and is a traitor), he's been breaking down a lot of the basics in some really well done videos.

mjhaas

Aug 28, 2019
most still playing have internalized this already but i know it's still a lot of SD complainers out there:

def check out Rath's content (even tho he dropped 18 and is a traitor), he's been breaking down a lot of the basics in some really well done videos.

I picked the game up recently. This is my first fighting game and I'm definitely looking for good dbfz tutorial content. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Also for anyone interested, DRAGON BALL FighterZ World Tour: Tenkaichi Event - Celtic Throwdown 2019 is going on right now over on Twitch.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wawa looking good!

if he can beat Go1, might bring some real excitement to this game outside of all this Kid Buu/Bardock/Gtku meh.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Certain characters synergise extremely well with others allowing crazy stuff for example:

That said, Kid Goku overall strengths are probably still better... Why did they release this clear Season 1 like character, at least balance him to the current patch of the game.

Yeah it honestly feels like you're playing this game wrong if you're not running GT Goku. He provides so much as an assist and is also an amazing point character - no character in Marvel ever provided this much support while being such problem on point.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it honestly feels like you're playing this game wrong if you're not running GT Goku. He provides so much as an assist and is also an amazing point character - no character in Marvel ever provided this much support while being such problem on point.

Dr. Doom is probably the closest but he had bad matchups. There really a character that stands out that counters GT Goku's neutral.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Pennang Esports Festival will start in like 10 hours. There's a decent Asian contingent, GO1, Kaz, BNBBN, Tachikawa, Seo a few more. Should make for a good top 8. Some names desperately need points.

Some short thoughts regarding last week events: CouchWarriors was free points for 3 players..., a side effect of announcing events so late. We shall see how this affects the final standings, Maddo and Seo are good players but are they top 16 players in the World? Pennang should be a good place to evaluate their skill in a more competitive field.

Celtic Throwdown was a great tournament, incredibly stacked. Wawa confirming his potential, Europe spicing it up, Dekilsage confirming his place as nº2 in the USA. I'm pretty happy one of the Sagas is in Europe by far the most interesting region this Season.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Wawa is actually super fun to watch, I thought he was all hype when everyone was talking about him since I thought Base Goku was boring.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Pennang Esports Festival will start in like 10 hours. There's a decent Asian contingent, GO1, Kaz, BNBBN, Tachikawa, Seo a few more. Should make for a good top 8. Some names desperately need points.

Some short thoughts regarding last week events: CouchWarriors was free points for 3 players..., a side effect of announcing events so late. We shall see how this affects the final standings, Maddo and Seo are good players but are they top 16 players in the World? Pennang should be a good place to evaluate their skill in a more competitive field.

Celtic Throwdown was a great tournament, incredibly stacked. Wawa confirming his potential, Europe spicing it up, Dekilsage confirming his place as nº2 in the USA. I'm pretty happy one of the Sagas is in Europe by far the most interesting region this Season.
Is it gonna be streamed online? Any links?

Thank you.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Three Tenkaichi Events and a couple of others.

Kid Goku has officially turned into a plague. The character only has a few months and it's already the 4th most utilized in top 8's! Kid Boo is seeing another mini-resurgence and has stolen Yamcha's podium spot.

There's enough sample to determine some things out. First 6 characters are the clear top tiers. In a second group we have beam assist, classic Vegeta and "recently" buffed Teen Gohan. After it's a bunch of solid characters until Broly, most of these are in the "why don't you just play top tier, instead of working harder"?

Meta seems pretty settled, Bardock/SSJ Goku shell now divides it's spotlight with Kid Goku and Kid Boo. Occasionally there's the Adult Gohan and Yamcha.

World Tour Report:
GO1 won the Malaysia Event, nothing new. But Kazunoko made him sweat, losing 3-2 on both sets. The question is if this was a fluke or if Kaz is returning to old form. We need more people to challenge GO1.
Besides the two big favorites, Matoi got 3rd and some important points. This was an opportunity for Asian players to gather points.

Next week is NA's turn, I believe no Japanese player nor SonicFox are attending ThunderStruck. That makes it the most unpredictable stop of the World Tour so far.

Here's the standings: https://dbfzworldtour.com/standings/

Still too many points on offer to commentate on who's out or in, besides the obvious.

Season 1 Leaderboard
1st - SSJ Vegeta - 137 selections
2nd - Bardock - 127 selections
3rd - Cell - 121 selections
4th - Kid Boo - 107 selections
5th - #16 - 106 selections
6th - Adult Gohan - 97
7th - SSJ Goku - 85
8th - Gotenks - 67
9th - Goku Black - 46
10th - Trunks - 40
10th - Yamcha - 40
12th - Tenshinhan - 36
13th - Piccolo - 29
13th - #18 - 29
13th - Hit - 29
16th - #21 - 26
17th - Base Vegeta - 22
17th - Ginyu - 22
19th - Teen Gohan - 21
20th - Zamasu - 17
21st - Vegetto - 14
22nd - Broly - 11
23rd - Freeza - 10
23rd - Cooler - 10
25th - Mr.Boo - 9
26th - Base Goku - 8
27th - SSB Goku - 7
28th - SSB Vegeta - 6
28th - Nappa - 6
30th - Beerus - 3
30th - #17 - 3
32nd - Kuririn - 0

Season 2 (Patch #1)
Bardock - 22
Kid Boo - 17
SSJ Goku - 17
SSJ Vegeta - 14
#16 - 12
Yamcha - 12
Gotenks - 10
Vegetto - 9
Videl - 7
Adult Gohan - 6
Piccolo - 6
Hit - 6
#18 - 5
Cell - 5
Trunks - 4
Tenshinhan - 4
Mr. Boo - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Ginyu - 3
Freeza - 3
Jiren - 2
Base Vegeta - 2
#21 - 2
Broly - 1
Nappa - 1
Cooler - 1
Zamasu - 1
Kuririn - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1

No appearance: #17, Base Goku, Goku Black and SSB Goku.

Season 2(Patch #2)
SSJ Goku - 98

Bardock - 95
Kid Boo - 57
Kid Goku - 56
Yamcha - 55
Adult Gohan - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 32
Teen Gohan - 30
Goku Black - 29
Vegetto - 24
Tenshinhan - 22
Gotenks - 22
Trunks - 20
Piccolo - 20
SSB Goku - 19
#16 - 18
Hit - 18
Cell - 17
#18 - 17
#21 - 16
Broly - 15
Zamasu - 12
Base Goku - 9
Freeza - 8
Cooler - 7
Base Vegeta - 6
Ginyu - 5
Jiren - 4
Nappa - 3
Videl - 3
Beerus - 3
#17 - 2
SSB Vegeta - 2
Kuririn - 1
Janemba - 1

No appearances: Mr.Boo.

UMAD 2019
Adult Gohan - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Trunks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Beerus - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Viennality 2019
SSJ Goku - 4
Adult Gohan - 2
#16 - 2
Kid Goku - 1
Bardock - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Vegetto - 1
The Pinnacle
Kid Boo - 2
Tenshinhan - 2
Gotenks - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Broly - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Bardock - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Kid Goku - 1
CEO 2019(Tenkaichi Event)
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Goku - 3
Bardock - 3
Adult Gohan - 2
Kid Boo - 2
Teen Gohan - 1
Broly - 1
#18 - 1
Zamasu - 1
Cooler - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
#21 - 1
Goku Black - 1
SonicBoom VI
SSJ Goku - 4
Kid Boo - 2
Hit - 2
Kid Goku - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
#18 - 2
Bardock - 2
Trunks - 2
SSB Goku - 2
Goku Black - 2
#16 - 1
Zamasu - 1
Yamcha - 1
Cooler - 1
#21 - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Toryuken 8
Bardock - 3
Hit - 3
SSJ Goku - 3
Goku Black - 2
Kid Goku - 2
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Yamcha - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Cell - 1
Trunks - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Piccolo - 1
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Defend the North 2019
Bardock - 5
Kid Goku - 4
Kid Boo - 3
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Hit - 1
Broly - 1
SSJ Goku - 1
Trunks - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Base Goku - 1
Jiren - 1
Goku Black - 1
VSFighting 2019(Tenkaichi Event)
Kid Goku - 4
SSJ Goku - 3
Bardock - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Kid Boo - 2
Yamcha - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Base Goku - 1
#18 - 1
Cell - 1
Piccolo - 1
Goku Black - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
EVO 2019(Saga Event)
Bardock - 3
Kid Goku - 3
Kid Boo - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
Yamcha - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
#17 - 1
#18 - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Cell - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
DashFest 2019
Bardock - 3
Kid Goku - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Hit - 2
Piccolo - 2
SSJ Vegeta - 2
Vegetto - 1
Gotenks - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Goku Black - 1
Kid Boo - 1
Adult Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
CouchWarriors(Tenkaichi Event)
Kid Goku - 5
Teen Gohan - 4
Kid Boo - 3
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Bardock - 2
SSJ Goku - 2
Cell - 1
Videl - 1
Yamcha - 1
Base Goku - 1
Vegetto - 1
Goku Black - 1
Freeza - 1
Celtic Throwdown 2019(Tenkaichi Event)
Kid Goku - 5
SSJ Goku - 5
Kid Boo - 3
Bardock - 2
Adult Gohan - 2
Yamcha - 2
Base Goku - 1
#18 - 1
Cooler - 1
Broly - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Vegetto - 1
Cell - 1
SummerJam 13
Kid Goku - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Bardock - 2
Goku Black - 2
Adult Gohan - 1
Yamcha - 1
Broly - 1
Cooler - 1
Gotenks - 1
Nappa - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
Vegetto - 1
Jiren - 1
Beerus - 1
SSB Goku - 1
Cell - 1
Kid Boo - 1
#21 - 1
#18 - 1
Trunks - 1
Penang Esports Festival(Tenkaichi Event)
Kid Goku - 5
Kid Boo - 4
Bardock - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Yamcha - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Janemba - 1
Freeza - 1
#21 - 1
Vegetto - 1
SSB Vegeta - 1
SSJ Vegeta - 1
#18 - 1
Adult Gohan - 1

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Gogeta have like 5 supers? Including a lvl 3 into a lvl 5, and a lvl 1 into a lvl 2? jesus.

Also, he's has Vegito like color as a color alt, and I'm loving that.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
What are the odds Gogeta comes with a SSJ skin? They seem to be going all out for this character, so who knows...

Also kudos for releasing an actual trailer instead of 45 seconds of footage. Hoping that's the new norm.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds Gogeta comes with a SSJ skin? They seem to be going all out for this character, so who knows...

Also kudos for releasing an actual trailer instead of 45 seconds of footage. Hoping that's the new norm.
I'm guessing little since the character is advertised as Gogeta (SSGSS). This game really did drop the ball by not having alt skins

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
It's similar to Base Goku assist, great wall bounce, good block stun. He actually synergizes very well with Baseku, so Wawa has already picked him up and is looking beastly.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Was about to post but was ninja'ed by Santos.

The standings are starting to take form and it's getting more interesting guessing who will qualify. This tournament should be great.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm entering a little bit of a rut. I love my Broly/16/Vegeta SSJ team but at the same time I want to shake things up and throw one or two different people on my team to compliment Broly.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
So when do you think we will see Super Broly? After how good Gogeta looks I really want to see Broly.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler Alert if you didn't watch the stream yet

Wawa beat Sonic Fox!! Really great confidence booster, especially defending his home term. He's like gohan with the Hidden potential and he's getting stronger every time he plays.

We even got some High level Gogeta play, and got to see first hand another great character with synergy for Baseku.

Wawa's beaten Kazunoko, Tachikawa, and Fenretti, can he take down Go1 is going to be the question