• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Wait are you guys freaking out over Lobby Avatar loot boxes? For alternate costumes I might even give you a stretch here but for a avatar that you only see in a Lobby come on...

Not getting a game that you like over this is kind of ridiculous

Yea this is the most inoffensive thing and quite frankly I can see casuals in the community eating this up.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
If this is contained only as online avatar lobby customization options - fine. If enough people buy them and isn't affecting any gameplay or story content, sure. Whatever. It isn't affecting anything worth bothering with. But it is walking a very thin line I'd rather the game not walk at all.
Fucking lootboxes man, they've made me apprehensive as fuck for future games.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again He said he doesn't know if it's actually for real money. So The lack of information doesn't help this and people are again overreacting. Yes there's "loot" boxes but that's all.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I find it disturbing too. This is how these practices become the norm. "Its just cosmetic" "Its just a character" "Its just a bonus level"
I think most draw the line at affecting gameplay (hence why Battlefront 2 got a ton of backlash). Doing cosmetic loot boxes like Overwatch or DBFZ isn't the end of the world.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
We lost lobby fishing for this? Maaaaaaan.
Lootboxes are fucking predatory, even if they're "just" cosmetic.

...but i'm still buying the game because it plays and looks so good :x

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
On the real, people are really mad about paying for a loot box to get some clothes on their Kid Buu avatar?

This isn't alternate costumes, it's like avatar stuff from what we can see. We ain't really doing this are we lol?

Because the game isn't Free to Play. I can understand League of Legends selling cosmetic skins because the game is free.

This game is $60 + Season Pass. I'm guessing people are irritated not necessarily because it's cosmetics but Namco is sending a message paying full price isn't enough; they want more money with these lobby avatars.

Oct 25, 2017
Because the game isn't Free to Play. I can understand League of Legends selling cosmetic skins because the game is free.

This game is $60 + Season Pass. I'm guessing people are irritated not necessarily because it's cosmetics but Namco is sending a message paying full price isn't enough; they want more money with these lobby avatars.

Are you against Overwatch as well?

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If people want to spend hundreds of dollars to get the little chibi Avatar of their preference that's on them that's their choice. This literally does not impact the game at all
It should on the game company for approving this.
This game didn't need another source of making money after it already built itself to be a full $60 game with a season pass.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
because I think its exploitative and wrong, pretty simple. They should just sell each thing

Then we would just have another rage thread about how microtransactions are evil and shouldn't be in a $60 dollar game and complaining about the prices. If it's only cosmetic items it's not going to stop me from purchasing a game I've been anticipating. If someone wants to blow real money on lobby character items... You do you, yo. Oh, and btw, there is absolutely no confirmation you can buy them with real money yet.

Jimquisition beating a dead horse with staged rage incoming for those free views and clicks I'm sure.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

And LOL is even one of the best examples out there (If they still do it like a few years ago), with a full blown huge skin shop where you can buy the one specific skin you want. No fake limited skin shop with changing daily skins that manipulates your feeling that you need to buy it now or it maybe goes away forever. No skins in only random loot boxes.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-order canceled. Disgusted that every time I go into an online lobby, I'll be seeing these avatar costumes that I can't have without spending real money.

/s

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
So yeah, you can buy Capsules (lootboxes) with Zeni (you earn that through gameplay) or Premium Coins (you get that from duplicates and I assume you will be able to buy it in PS Store - now you can't cause the servers are down).

rxE7XUu.jpg

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

People are spending too much time on what they think a message is lol.

Why is this even talked about when nothing confirm's revealed? I'm guessing the OP made it in case some "others" did it in place of them. Either way there's more about this revealed in the other thread.

This is silly lol.