• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Arcsys' Team Blazblue Cross Tag Battle: We've done fucked it up with locking half of the roster of our game.
Arcsys' Team Dragon Ball Fighterz: Hold our beer.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Cancelling pre order will wait till it's half priced , good game but still hoped for a dbz tenkaichi gameplay with the kind of graphics the game got

ChaosBladeEX

Nov 6, 2017
So yeah, you can buy Capsules (lootboxes) with Zeni (you earn that through gameplay) or Premium Coins (you get that from duplicates and I assume you will be able to buy it in PS Store - now you can't cause the servers are down).

rxE7XUu.jpg

So I feel I should note that in Guilty Gear Xrd that is exactly how it works for fishing, including the duplicates stuff, and there is no real money stuff involved. May want to wait for actual real money stuff to show up before people go crazy on this.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm canceling my preorder!

That's right Arc Sys Works I am the hope of the universe!

I am the answer to all publishers who abuse us with lootboxes!

I am the protector of the video game industry!

I am the light in the darkness!

I am truth!

That's right publishers!

I am the ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Advanced

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It doesn't have lootboxes.

Someone I know who has a copy says there's no way to spend real money in game.

The premium coins are earned through dupes.

Stop being ignorant.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is even gonna be looking at other people's crusty old avatars so these loot boxes, IF they even allow real money purchases as an OPTION are nothing to get worked up over.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get a mod to edit the title or something? A ton of people are going to start raging without having the full context.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People are spending too much time on what they think a message is lol.

Why is this even talked about when nothing confirm's revealed? I'm guessing the OP made it in case some "others" did it in place of them. Either way there's more about this revealed in the other thread.

This is silly lol.

Then tell us what is the message/intention for making us pay for lobby avatars when the game is $60...?

I'm glad this doesn't bother you I wish I could be fine with this lol.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like, too many are not getting others who feel appalled and fear at the mere concept after what went down in 2017.

Christ.

Nov 12, 2017
Outrage potentially over nothing.
How is it over nothing? You still need rng to give you copies of the same item to get the Z coins... either way it still involves lootboxes, so no, it's not over nothing. Arcsys had been screwing up their integrity lately.

Edit: So no lootboxes? Sigh, why do I believe the internet so easily.

Oct 25, 2017
Then tell us what is the message/intention for making us pay for lobby avatars when the game is $60...?

They aren't making you pay for anything. You don't have to pay for anything. Not to mention you earn coins straight from gameplay and other coins from duplicates. You don't have to spend any money at all.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is it over nothing? You still need opposed to give you copies of the same item to get the Z coins... either way it still involves lootboxes, so no, it's not over nothing. Arcsys had been screwing up their integrity lately.
LOL, they are losing their integrity based on a mechanic they've done for Guilty Gear and BlazBlue? The only difference here is they added the option where you can also pay. It's literally the same exact thing as before.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Read the thread and then come back to me lol.

People spending so much time on what they think a message is that they go on and get upset and post without having the full details. Dawg that's silly. A mod can close this thread now. Shit's embarrassing.

Oct 25, 2017
How is it over nothing? You still need rng to give you copies of the same item to get the Z coins... either way it still involves lootboxes, so no, it's not over nothing. Arcsys had been screwing up their integrity lately.

Lol no they haven't and this isn't going to be an issue for anyone other than people that have a problem with any sort of "loot boxes" which are in the minority.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Like if the in-game earning potential is good enough to get the items you want that's alright but, these things are tuned to breed temptation...

*Sigh*

EDIT: Someone jumped the gun? Tbf I was thinking it'd be weird if they had microtransactions in this but Bamco didn't in Tekken 7

Nov 12, 2017
LOL, they are losing their integrity based on a mechanic they've done for Guilty Gear and BlazBlue? The only difference here is they added the option where you can also pay. It's literally the same exact thing as before.
I was referring to the dlc situation in another game, but if there are no lootboxes it's my mistake.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeehhhh, Arc doesn't necessary have that much integrity going by how they handle most additional content, the lack of dubs in the recent Blaze Blue and how they're handling that crossover game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This obviously isn't going to go well on the internet and gaming forums. I'm still in, but I won't put extra money into loot boxes whatsoever. Game is still super good.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole internet loves Dragon Ball FighterZ, the fighting game that looks exactly like the anime. *5 seconds later* We regret to inform you that Dragon Ball FighterZ has lootboxes.

RabidDwarf76

Oct 27, 2017
Arc System Works is at the service of the Bandai?
True but given what we know about the development process I don't see how this will effect game-play. I highly doubt there will be alt character model costumes due to the time it take to make one character model. The only thing I can see being in the loot boxes are the lobby avatar stuff ASW has done before. Not really sure what else Bandai could make them do? I could be mistaken though.