• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just found this on the steam forums

https://steamcommunity.com/app/678950/discussions/0/1730955582215622392/

and upon googling, denuvo hasn't only been bypassed in the crack, but it's also playable online? I don't recall any modern online video game in recent memory that would allow pirates to play with players who legitimately purchased the game.

Really wonder what will Namco/ArcS do about this and how much it'll boost Steam's playerbase.

Oct 28, 2017
Seems the same guy that cracked this cracked Shining Resonance Refrain last night -- it's uncanny how fast he's picking up the slack with Denuvo games vs the usual warez groups.

Guess Bamco will upgrade DBF to whatever the next iteration of Denuvo is?

May 18, 2018
Someone in that thread said you can only join the lobby but not play against anyone. So it's like how legit buyers were when the game came out.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the way this works is that the Denuvo bypass uses a different (free) game on Steam to get access to Steamworks. For most cracks, it's the hidden "game" Spacewar, but for this one apparently, it's the Payday 2 Free Demo, and that player count just jumped from nothing to around ~2000ish players.

There's your pirate count.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Can you use mods in the pirated version, legit version got music mods useless in one of the latest patches.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the way this works is that the Denuvo bypass uses a different (free) game on Steam to get access to Steamworks. For most cracks, it's the hidden "game" Spacewar, but for this one apparently, it's the Payday 2 Free Demo, and that player count just jumped from nothing to around ~2000ish players.

That's fascinating. We can count pirates!

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017

and upon googling, denuvo hasn't only been bypassed in the crack, but it's also playable online? I don't recall any modern online video game in recent memory that would allow pirates to play with players who legitimately purchased the game.

Any steamwork fix game will be playable online, is nothing new. What impressed me the most is the fact that Voksi (the man behind the DENUVO 4.8+ cracks) managed to take down all the games so fast. Is not normal

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Only 2000? I thought 99% of PC gamers are pirates?

Butch

Oct 27, 2017

Wouldn't that compromise those pirates steam accounts? I mean, does the crack even need a steam acount to do this sort of stuff? It's crazy

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Really wonder what will Namco/ArcS do about this and how much it'll boost Steam's playerbase.
Those online fixes have been fairly common for a while. They abuse the Steam Network IP by using the ID of free games. The userbase is entirely separate and pirates can only play with other pirates.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Okay, from my limited knowledge, I guess there is some sort of confusion here.

The 2,000 number is for people who used the Steamwork fix to play.

Offline play, which I would guess the mode that most pirates are interested in, doesn't require Steam at all.

So the 2,000 is not the number of people who pirated Dragon Ball Fighterz, but those who are playing it online.

I think it has also Steam achievements support, not sure. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
One day pubs will learn that adding Denuvo is a waste of money and resources, that only pisses off the people who wants to get their games legally.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Who in their right mind adds Denuvo in fighting games?

Capcom (rarely), Namco, and Warner Brothers.

ArcSys doesn't if they're the publisher of a fighter themselves.

I wanted to legitimately answer your question to call the publishers out. I haven't seen it used on fighters from the three publishers I named.