• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
DB-Showcase_01-10-19.jpg

Bandai Namco of America will host a "Dragon Ball Games Super Showcase" on January 14 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT where it teases "big reveals, big news, and big interviews with the producers of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Xenoverse 2." you will be able to watch it live on Twitch.
One of those reveals might be the western announcement of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, which was rated in Australia back in November.

So, the 4 "?" could be teases that there would be 4 new annoucements. The presence of the producers of FighterZ AND Xenoverse are also pretty telling.

The tease of new games in Jan 14 leads to a Possible new Season for Dragon Ball FighterZ (probably pushing the Hype for the new Season of Super. Plus the new movie.) Maybe a New Xenoverse, also very likely an international release of Heroes : World Mission. And probably something for Mobile.

This being a very specific "Game showcase" i think it's probably fair to say there will be no new movies or anime annouced here. But pretty cool to see more support for these games!

So...

Super Dragon Ball Heroes : world Mission
Dragon Ball FighterZ : New season of DLC
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3
Something mobile.

Those are likely bets... what you guys thinking?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Please have sweeping changes to DBFZ's core systems and not just some character announcements. At least multiple assist options like MvC2.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
It is almost like Bandai Namco wanted to sweep the momentum for the MK11 gameplay reveal so they pulled out their two big Dragon Ball titles to undermind-

I know that Xenoverse has its audience, but for the life of me, I never could get into the game. It will be nice to see though if this is going to be leading up to a season 2 of DBFZ. Honestly though, I wonder if... Say for example, that picture is a hint to "upcoming fighters" in DBFZ. If so, maybe Raditz will get his time to shine and this will be a dramatic finish where if you land the final blow on Raditz, Goku (if he is normal) grabs Raditz and Piccolo blasts the both of them.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If they release a XV3 I hope they focus a bit more on the graphics and art-style. XV2 is just ugly.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
*crosses fingers for Android 17 buffs & Kefla joining the cast*

*also crosses fingers for Ribrianne*

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
In a perfect world, they'll announce a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. It's still the best Dragon Ball game ever.

Come at me.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I hope we get a Xenoverse 3.
2 was the best Dragonball game that's been made so would be amazing to see them improve on it further.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Crossing fingers for XV3 and retail deluxe edition for FighterZ on the west.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pumped for a potential 3rd Xenoverse, I love the first two game I just hope they put some polish on the visuals and add more customization options.

Curious what they would do with the store also. Easily my favorite DBZ games.

Oct 27, 2017
Please have Xenoverse 3 overhaul the combat.

The series is so close to being the best DBZ game but is hurt by the combat. It's not bad, but its shallow as hell and super repetitive

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah we need Hercule, Roshi and Cyborg Tao Pai Pai in fighterz

On a serious note perhaps we'll get something different than xenoberse 3. It was probably nothing but I remember hearing a rumor of an og Dragonball inspired jrpg which would be cool. But whatever comes should be fun

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If they can give me Xenoverse 3 with FighterZ's combat mechanic I would be in heaven. Hell, give me Xenoverse 3 with the combat from Burst Limit or Budokai 3!!!!!!! And my gaming life would be complete.

I really enjoyed the first Xenoverse but 2 felt too much like the first one. 3 doesnt have to be a complete departure but it needs to have bigger upgrades than what we got from 1 to 2.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I got excited for a dragon ball related announcement it ended up being fuck all

I'm expecting fuck all from this

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for XV3 and FighterZ Season 2. XV2 has been supported for so long and I love that, but it's also at the point were there just isn't much excitement for the game anymore. This would also be the perfect time to announce the localization of Heroes World Mission.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't want to get my hopes up for a FighterZ Season 2 announcement, but PLEASE. Gimme Roshi, Kid Goku and Caulifla/Kefla, and I will be content.
In a perfect world, they'll announce a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. It's still the best Dragon Ball game ever.
I'd love a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans, but it probably won't happen. It's a shame that Monolith Soft will probably never work on a licensed game like that again.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My Season 2 Prediction
  1. Canon Broly
  2. SSJB Gogeta
  3. Jiren
  4. Top(po)
  5. Kefla
  6. Ribrianne
  7. Master Roshi
  8. MUI Goku

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This being a very specific "Game showcase" i think it's probably fair to say there will be no new movies or anime annouced here. But pretty cool to see more support for these games!
Nobody should expect anything non game related, but the first animated teaser for the Broly movie was shown at a DB game event.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhhh, I wonder if this is why that Dokkan Battle video wasn't shown recently, might be saving it for this too given the movie celebration is coming up.

But I'm expecting XV3 and season 2 DBFZ news. Let's get it!

- DBFZ Season 2 news
- XV3 news
- Dokkan Battle trailer
- DB Heroes trailer

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
If Xenoverse 3 comes out using the same artstyle and graphics as before now that FighterZ exists that's gonna look so damn bad.

OP
OP
Araujo

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
New Brolly and Gogeta Blue i think are pretty much mandatory for FighterZ so there is no escaping that one.

As far as Xenoverse 3 goes, i really hope they improve a lot of things... i have zero hope they will improve a lot of things. It will sell amazingly, i'll probably buy it.

Jul 24, 2018
I mean, Kefla basically kills two birds with one stone (plus some extra moves) & has a bigger pool of abilities to pull from.
But she's not a character like say Android 18 is. I want more actual female characters as fighters, and I absolutely dread female Broly. If they ar gonna add in the fusion they should add in the ones that aren't fused too like with the various other fusions.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A character who is more or less a joke in the story of the Universe, can't say I care much for him either. It's not even that I'm against including the fusions, I just want the basic fighters too. If we can get thousands of variations of Goku and Vegeta we can get Caulifla.
My point is that you can have a fusion character without the individual characters that make up said fusion, as proven by Gotenks. And like Gotenks, you'll get more mileage out of Kefla moveset-wise than with Caulifla & Kale individually. Plus it's more realistic since there are a number of other characters to add.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more interested in a balance patch for dbfz that touch upon the system mechanics

Jul 24, 2018
My point is that you can have a fusion character without the individual characters that make up said fusion, as proven by Gotenks. And like Gotenks, you'll get more mileage out of Kefla moveset-wise than with Caulifla & Kale individually. Plus it's more realistic since there are a number of other characters to add.
Sure you can, I just don't want that which is what I've been saying. You can get more fighters by including them all, the basic versions of Goku and Vegeta play radically different from their other forms. The more female fighters the better in my mind..

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sure you can, I just don't want that which is what I've been saying. You can get more fighters by including them all, the basic versions of Goku and Vegeta play radically different from their other forms. The more female fighters the better in my mind..
Put Caulifla, Kale and Kefla in DBZF you cowards!
I mean, we're probably gonna get 8 characters maximum in Season 2. And if it's a fight between Caulifla & Kale by themselves and Roshi & UI Goku, the latter two are gonna win. Hence why I'm hoping for Kefla & Ribrianne to make up for that.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we're probably gonna get 8 characters maximum in Season 2. And if it's a fight between Caulifla & Kale by themselves and Roshi & UI Goku, the latter two are gonna win. Hence why I'm hoping for Kefla & Ribrianne to make up for that.
If all we get is Kefla I'll be satisfied, but I want more!

And LMAO Ribrianne, OMG. They should do it.