• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone.

Which three units are your favorite to play? For me, it'd have to be:

1. SSJ Trunks
2. Final Form Frieza
3 Cooler

1, The Ginyu Force (they are ONE)
2. Turles
3. Man this is tough... SSJ Trunks

Honorable mentions to Cooler, Vegeta, and OHSB Goku.

Got Krillin on my GSP ticket, sweeet. Also trying to just do dailies until Gohan/Cell. Very difficult though...I'm just tellin myself I have enough characters to invest in. Which I do. But 17...

Pumbaa

Jul 15, 2018
I just used a single level ~1200 yellow Gohan vs a level ~80 purple Android 19. No bench needed. Just need to get the timing right so you don't accidentally kill him before the RR. Had like 2.5m damage.
WTF ?

Did the same thing but buffed him with bench units. He did about 4 mil. That kid is a beast.
WTF²??

I never play Gohan because I find him weak, I guess I should try again.
In fact I will try the RR with him on a lvl 80 Android 19 :D

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
gasha_info_1720.jpg

Nice, hopefully there are some other cool cards in this event.
Bardock is Green and Freeza is Blue.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The current team I generally roll with are,

Shallot
SP Piccolo
SP Pikkon
SP Vegeta (Purple)
SP Broly
SP SSJ Goku (Red)

Yeah I know I'm missing on abilities and such but, eh, works for me. I just like having all the colours readily available.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hm I don't know if I'll go to hard on Bardock, will probably just stick with dailies. I'm not usually like this, but I have enough "Gokus" at the moment. It sounds like his main ability may prevent people from switching though, which could be devastating.

The current team I generally roll with are,

Shallot
SP Piccolo
SP Pikkon
SP Vegeta (Purple)
SP Broly
SP SSJ Goku (Red)

Yeah I know I'm missing on abilities and such but, eh, works for me. I just like having all the colours readily available.

People will underestimate Shallot if you have him soul boosted. His neutral type can really fuck with matches. I fought a real strong one last night and he was tough, and I'm in the process of boosting my own fully (got him to 1500 though).

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yoo, funny how we were discussing Bardock not to long ago and now he's the next new character to be released.

Art looks dope and a green unit beside Piccolo for me, will at least do one ten pull for Kakarot dad.

edit: Looked at the reddit and it seems a leak is becoming true on what to expect in future banners.
prediction.jpg

Last edited:

Bernd Lauert

Banned
May 27, 2018
I always use the same team in PvP because boosting new characters to a good Z-Level (350%+) is a pain in the ass and expensive as hell.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
edit: Looked at the reddit and it seems a leak is becoming true on what to expect in future banners.

i'm bummed there's no SSJ2 Gohan. They're just gonna keep us on a leash with him for a while longer it seems.

Maintenance is up. Kakarot dad incoming. Dunno if I can stay up, but hype. Even just for a discount summon. New shit.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Didn't pull any of the new characters espiecially Bardock in the banner..

Now I have blue Krillin 4*, which isn't that bad but still disappointed with my haul in the end. Pretty much have no CC now so I'll be saving for a really long time till Vegito pops up.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I am so mega sick of the limited banners with multiple old units to block you. =/

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Got Freeza on the Bardock banner through my daily. Grinded for an extra 1k to do a multi and got Bardock and Krillin which I needed. Now I just need One Handed SB Goku and I'm done with that banner. My dailys are coming in handy lately so I hope I can get get him through that lol.

On the Freeza banner I just need him so I'll do dailys for him too.

Saving up for Gohan and Cell still besides dailys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Frieza bein in his fat boi car seat pleases me greatly. I want him bad. Love his super too.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They need to bring that back for him. I wish he used it more in the series.

It's totally the best. I'm glad they brought it back in Super for a short while when he first arrives on Earth.

I really can't decide what to go for. Bardock/Frieza seem insane stats wise, especially Bardock. I fucking love that Frieza can rip through blast attacks though, and that his super overtakes all others. That looks incredibly satisfying. I still want 17 and SSJ Vegeta though! ARRRRRGGG. So far I'm a little over a multi into the Bardock banner and got a dupe SP Krillin. I may buy a crystal pack or two....

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It's totally the best. I'm glad they brought it back in Super for a short while when he first arrives on Earth.

I really can't decide what to go for. Bardock/Frieza seem insane stats wise, especially Bardock. I fucking love that Frieza can rip through blast attacks though, and that his super overtakes all others. That looks incredibly satisfying. I still want 17 and SSJ Vegeta though! ARRRRRGGG. So far I'm a little over a multi into the Bardock banner and got a dupe SP Krillin. I may buy a crystal pack or two....
Yeah it was nice when they did.

I haven't played them but they look fun. 17 is amazing. I love using his barrier at just the right moment because people don't expect him to use it, I actually don't see many 17 players. SSJ Vegeta's great too. I've been having good luck in getting SP units lately.

So far the final SP units I need are Piccolo, 4th form Freeza, Turles, AS Goku and OASB Goku

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Did one multipull on the new banner, all I really got was 3 Cabba's, no SP pulls at all.
Think I'll save the rest of my crystals for continuing daily pulls and to try and get SSJ2 Gohan when he comes along.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped all my crystals and bought the 1100 crystal pack....just got another Krillin. Well dammit. He's 4* now so that's cool, and he'a really good, but I'm down to 45 crystals. Sad times.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Can anyone share any vanishing step combat tips for PvP? I've been getting out dodged a lot lately. In fact, any tips at all regarding PvP strategies would be greatly appreciated!

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I dropped all my crystals and bought the 1100 crystal pack....just got another Krillin. Well dammit. He's 4* now so that's cool, and he'a really good, but I'm down to 45 crystals. Sad times.

I've been so tempted to unload my 20k F2P crystals on the new banner, but I just know that, soon enough, they're going to drop the first character with a Z-Ability that buffs two stats by ~50% each, ushering in a new meta ala Super Vegito in Dokkan Battle.

Basically, every SP we'll have obtained by that point will be mere filler to base around said meta-defining unit. And, more than likely, they'll be offering multi-summon bonuses, too.

Must.. be.. patient...

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Can anyone share any vanishing step combat tips for PvP? I've been getting out dodged a lot lately. In fact, any tips at all regarding PvP strategies would be greatly appreciated!
When you dodge an attack, you're supposed to wait a second or two before you start attacking again. That way, the opponent's opportunity to vanieh step disappears while you can still get your attacks through.

Never instantly retaliate after a vanishing step, unless you know the opponent has already used their vanishing step first.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well there are certain times you do want to instantly attack after a vanish. Mainly if you instantly vanish a blast art. If you read it and vanish instantly, the opponent cannot counter vanish even if the ! is there (does NOT apply to tap blasts mind you, if they bait you with that they will always have the opportunity to counter vanish). Same with strikes, but you have to vanish them INSTANTLY. Blast arts have a little more leeway.

There's a decent amount of weird intricacies that are kind of hard to explain about the vanish system. The best thing to do is just to keep messing with it and look for that kind of stuff. Just know that even if you may have a ! over your head, that doesn't always guarantee a vanish if you swipe.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a better way to farm orbs now?? I haven't played in about 2 months lol.

You mean the super souls? Oh yeah, they're not a problem anymore at all. If anything it's the regular rising souls that can be an issue these days. You missed a lot of events where they were handing out super souls like crazy, but still they're pretty easy to farm now.

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the super souls? Oh yeah, they're not a problem anymore at all. If anything it's the regular rising souls that can be an issue these days. You missed a lot of events where they were handing out super souls like crazy, but still they're pretty easy to farm now.
Yeah the rising soul 3s are what's getting me these days. :/

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the rising soul 3s are what's getting me these days. :/

I haven't had too much trouble with them! Have you done all the new missions? That nabbed me plenty, but their drop rate doesn't seem as bad as SS2s we're at first.

Edit : Dur I read your post wrong. Yeah man, I feel that. The rising souls 2s and 3s go so quick for me.

Side note, first 398% character

I love Turles.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had too much trouble with them! Have you done all the new missions? That nabbed me plenty, but their drop rate doesn't seem as bad as SS2s we're at first.

Side note, first 398% character

I love Turles.
It's probably not as bad as that, no, but you need quite a decent amount to uncap them from lvl 1000. I guess it just says more about how many characters I've got sat at 1000, lol.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Ahhh is there a list where they have best places to farm?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have been on a weird SP roll this past week. SSJ Vegeta and 17 a few days ago, 18 on a daily discount pull yesterday, and Bardock tonight. I'm almost completely caught up on Sparkings except for the Frieza units and the Movie Bosses Sparkings.

EDIT: Ticket pull today was a dupe Android 17. Out of every Sparking on that banner, that's probably the best case scenario.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting HV SSJ Goku and Piccolo through my daily and guaranteed ticket. Exactly what I needed. Now the only SP units I'm missing at OHSB Goku and Turles. Besides them I'm missing 4 other units which are EX 1st form Cell, HE Cabba, HE AS Base Goku and EX 19.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight I'll get my last GSP ticket. Really hoping for 17, but after getting Turles my SP luck has been pretty shite lately. We'll see.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Tonight I'll get my last GSP ticket. Really hoping for 17, but after getting Turles my SP luck has been pretty shite lately. We'll see.
I was honestly expecting not to get him, and preparing for disappointment, when I finally got him.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure there's going to be new missions to do after maintenance, so we'll have more crystals to use.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Looking over the current available characters so far, the devs have been doing an absolutely masterful job of making sure that there's not enough characters of each element with proper overlapping buffs to make any completely ideal setups. Every setup leaves something to be desired.

They're really going to make a splash when they release the equivalent of Dokkan's SS Vegito.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking over the current available characters so far, the devs have been doing an absolutely masterful job of making sure that there's not enough characters of each element with proper overlapping buffs to make any completely ideal setups. Every setup leaves something to be desired.

They're really going to make a splash when they release the equivalent of Dokkan's SS Vegito.

Most def. Nothing but love for the dev team. Legend's momentum is building at a really great pace because of all their awesome decisions, and I think this game is going to be in an extremely strong position before too long.

I got SP Krillin from my last ticket summon btw. Dude's at 5* now. I've pulled FIVE of the guy already. Welp, at least he's super useful. Gonna keep going at the android banner at this point rather than Bardock. There's more units I still want on the Android banner.

Edit : Caved and bought another 1,100 crystal pack...

Success!

Last edited: