• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if you ain't feelin it guys. If you guys are playing just to pull, you're gonna have a bad time. I get pulls can be frustrating for sure, but this game is designed in a way that it's not supposed to be all SP or bust, and revolves more around team creation and experimenting with powering up characters. If you don't enjoy the game's gameplay, then it might not be a bad idea to take a break until they add something that you may enjoy. Like Cordy you pulled Gohan and you still ain't havin it, how can you be mad about that? Lol. Game just might not be for ya if that's the case which is cool.

To me this update is fucking sick. Haven't done pulls yet other than dailies/tickets, but I'll probably dump a multi into Gohan when I finish up the story. I wanna get that EX Roshi so bad and try a lady team with him. What a creep.

Edit : Got another EX Dodoria from my master pack ticket, fuck yes 2* now.
You say that the game is around team creation and experimentation, but how in the world are you meant to do that when the game releases very few interesting non-SP units, and even when one is interesting, the rates are god damn awful for those too?

Like I enjoy the game play a lot, but my problem is I CAN'T EXPERIMENT! Like the gacha is actively going against this idea of being able to mess around with different teams because it's so bloody difficult to get any units outside of the core-SP units which are on the master pack and every other banner known to man.

That's why I'm annoyed really, I wouldn't be so annoyed if I disliked the gameplay, it'd be a super easy decision to give up if that was the case. Like the annoyance stems from the fact that I WISH I could actively play the game like they want people to play it, but they don't make it easy with their shitty gacha system. I haven't been this annoyed with a gacha system since, I dunno, back when I played Brave Exvius over a year ago now where I absolutely loved the way the game played really, but I just gave up cos of the shit you had to do to try and stay relevant with the power-creep (Either get lucky on the low% gacha and get a OP base 5* unit, or get trust mastery rewards through shitty emulator macro farming and/or getting dupes in the gacha to make less rare characters great).

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Did two multis, got Gohan. Happy about that, I needed a new Purple unit. Will give him a try once I level him

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're misunderstanding me. I'm upset that I've gone 8 multis in a row and in return on the last multi I got that 1 SSj2 Gohan. Prior to that I didn't get anything. Yeah the fact I got Gohan is good but going that many multis with only 1 SP unit in general? Nah. That's just not how these games should go.

This isn't my type of game if I have to go that long with multis before I get an SP unit. That's a gross type of game.

RNG gone RNG man. This game's gacha rates are really typical for a gacha game. You can already see some people here nabbed him in a multi or two. That's just how it goes.

I think one of this game's biggest issues is a lot of people are coming from it from Dokkan, where you've been trained to think anything under an SSR is shit, and even a lot of SSRs are shit. EXs on the game hold a LOT of value, and are just getting more and more important. They help make some of the strongest teams out there. Of course people want the new SPs, but some of my very best teams only have 1 SP on them, the rest are EXs. This game makes up for being a gacha game in actually having really flexible gameplay.

Zafir I do feel for you more as it seems like you've been get shafted for a long time. That does just straight hurt after a while. But you gotta have SOME units you can fuck with, at least I do hope. Have you messed with an androids team? Mono colored teams? If you wanna post your box I'd love to see what you could make.

Imo the gacha system is not the problem in this game. It can be frustrating as usual, but it's fairly generous all things considered. They have to have some characters that are a bit exclusive like Gohan to support their business model. They only thing I'd like them to implement is to have some features rates. Like slightly bump up the chance of getting the new SP/Some featured EXs. I think with that it'd be perfect. Might be hard to implement for the SPs because typically the 5 on a banner are already the featured ones pretty much, but I would definitely like to see if for EXs at least. There's so many on this banner so shooting for one you want is a lost cause.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
All my pulls sucked. A bunch of single dailies, a bunch of free tickets, and one multi. No Sparkings, no new cards, nothing.

This game's gacha system is absolute garbage.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Erm, I clicked edit but it duplicated my post, I've no idea what happened, oh well. Ignore.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I've got some stuff I can work with once I my more recent characters up to 1500 (souls mission should help with that) such as the Androids and a few other EX units here and there which I've been in the process of levelling. It's just the game keeps testing my patience.

I think my issues with the gacha are totally fixable. If they'd just make the rates for newer units higher than the old ones, and then maybe add a bonus for doing a multi-pull like I mentioned before so we don't get the stupid 10 HE pulls like I've so frequently gotten.

However, I've voiced these complaints time and time again over the past few months and nothing has really changed, at this point I just don't think they care. The games pretty successful and not enough people are annoyed at their practice of shoving old characters on new banners as a way to artificially increase the rarity of the newer characters (be they SP, EX or HE). So why would they bother?
*sigh* Alright I'm not gonna interject anymore I'll just let ya'll be mad lol
I mean I'mma be honest dude. You're talking to us like we haven't played a gacha game before.

I've played plenty(some with worse rates than this), and I've seen the others complaining about DBL in other gacha threads too, so they clearly have as well. Like we know the drill, and we still dislike the way this game does it.

If you don't feel the same, then that's great, I'm happy for you.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'mma be honest dude. You're talking to us like we haven't played a gacha game before.

I've played plenty(some with worse rates than this), and I've seen the others complaining about DBL in other gacha threads too, so they clearly have as well. Like we know the drill, and we still dislike the way this game does it.

If you don't feel the same, then that's great, I'm happy for you.

Maybe the issue is I haven't played ENOUGH gacha games. The main one I've played is Dokkan which is brutal. Dabbled a bit with FE Heroes back when it launched which seemed cool but that was about it. So pretty much my only real personal comparison is to Dokkan, and in that case I see this game as really generous and fair in a lot of ways when I look at all the moving parts in a way I always wished was more so over on Dokkan's end.

But no worries ya'll are right to be frustrated. I do know how it feels for sure, I just take it a lot easier in this game I suppose because I genuinely like it so much, I legit think Dimps is doing a fantastic job in a lot of aspects. I'll chill on it though, I know sometimes the last thing you wanna hear after a bad pull is someone sayin it's not so bad. If you do wanna talk about team creation once you get those dudes leveled though, hit us up.

Edit : Well I'm 8 for 8 on HEs on Gohan's banner. Fucking ouch. The summon animations can be so brutal. Seeing 7 singles in a row start with no pods...damn man.

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, this game is still way better than Dokkan IMO. There's a reason for the most part I only played that game casually. That game power creeped so damn fast all the time, combine that with the rubbish gacha system and yeesh.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still dabbling in Dokkan. Almost got out but couldn't get the account sold. It's been havin some fun times lately due to it's cool celebrations which have been nice. I might finally drop it for good if this Dragalia Lost Nintendo game ends up being good.

counterfeit

Oct 27, 2017
And after being dumb and spending 4000 crystals I didn't even get 1 SP unit. That is a kick in the dick. For some reason though, I'm not that mad. Probably until I see what I could of used those crystals on in the next banner.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the 1000 stone pack...

gEE3WQ9_d.jpg

Fuck yesss got lucky as fuck and nabbed the glorious child

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

Daily pull gave me Gohan. Game is trying to get back on my good side after over 4000 crystals worth of pulls and no SP, I guess.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another five completely pointless Hero unit summons.

This game needs to introduce some way of recycling Hero units into something actually useful. Like training items. Or oxygen. Anything is better than this shit.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

Daily pull gave me Gohan. Game is trying to get back on my good side after over 4000 crystals worth of pulls and no SP, I guess.

Alright pendulum came through!!! If a bit late. Enjoy man, he's such a little monster. So fun to play.

My daily gave me a dupe Broly, EX that turned into a SP. I barely use him so I woulda rather had like any other SP on the banner, but I'll certainly take it. Things are lookin bright over here again.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I did a few more quests and did like 3 or so singles. Got Broly. All I can do is laugh at this point. lol

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah love to hear that Zafir . Pendulummmmmm. Enjoy the big boy.

SSJ2 Gohan is probably my favorite character to play so far. He just feels so fucking powerful to play. Like holy shit it's amazing how quickly I can turn the tide with him. And his green card has one of the sickest animations in the game, and one of the best boosts in the game, for only 15 ki. Dude is just a fucking beast, as he should be. My Gohan/Piccolo/SSJ Trunks team is just running through shit.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Did 2 multis trying to get Super Trunks, sadly didn't get him.
Oh well, I got a Super Vegeta dupe so that's cool. Hopefully it doesn't take Super Trunks as long to come back around as it did for Final Form Freeza.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another troll SP. This time it's a dupe Broly. Christ, Legends, just give me some new characters. Rank ups for units with terrible Z-Abilities are just...sigh.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Broly is one of my main PVP characters. He can be a beast when boosted by the YEL Super Vegeta and you unlock all his boost panels.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Broly is one of my main PVP characters. He can be a beast when boosted by the YEL Super Vegeta and you unlock all his boost panels.

Oh, I know, I've been using Broly for months. I just don't need star rank ups for him. I need Gohan, or Super Vegeta, or Cell, or Frieza. My last four SPs have all been dupes and none of them have even been useful dupes.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hybrid Saiyans is getting strong af. These two dudes are gonna push things over the top for them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
wtf? How are Goten and Trunks disgusting????

They're the most annoying characters in Dragonball and they never contributed anything to the actual storyline outside of Kid Trunks' existence giving Vegeta something to monologue about when he blew himself up. Goten in particular could be excised from the DB universe entirely and almost nothing would be lost.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Planet you are like the most extra lol. Who would have protected the ANIMALS without Goten huh?!?! Did you ever think of the ANIMALS planet?!?!?!

They're not my favorites but they're fine, and I love hybrid Saiyans in this game so I'd be down to snag em. I don't think I'm gonna go hard on their banner though unless the other units are good.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They're the most annoying characters in Dragonball and they never contributed anything to the actual storyline outside of Kid Trunks' existence giving Vegeta something to monologue about when he blew himself up. Goten in particular could be excised from the DB universe entirely and almost nothing would be lost.
You don't like them so the game should skip over them, okay, lol.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got a dupe of Super Trunks on a ticket today so now he's 3 star, hell yeah.

Nabbed my first Super Trunks today off my daily ticket too! My Hybrid Saiyans just got even stronger.

Up to 2500 ccs again too, and the only character I'm missing that I want is Super Vegeta. Life's good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd say this, but I fucking love Pan now lol. She's a little beast on Hybrid Saiyans. And she's a really strong counter to Cell. She's blue, not a SSJ, and her crazy ki regen makes Cell's card cost increase not matter as much. I've taken out entire teams by starting her many times.

Edit : Super Vegeta GET on my daily ticket!!! Got Super Trunks from my ticket yesterday! Holy shit thank you for loving me again Legends.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Almost at 6k crystals, hopefully I'll be able to get Goten and Trunks pretty quick when that banner drops, those two are gonna make Hybrid teams beast.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Limited banner up. Chance at 3 extremely good units. New Blue Goku, Bardock, and Super Vegeta. Only up for a day.

I did 17 singles cause I still really want Bardock and wouldn't mind Bluku and got nada. Gonna try my best to save the rest for Goten. He'll make my hybrids bonkers.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
This limited day and a half long banner feels like a real attempt to get people to spend CC before something good shows up.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it only up for two days. :/

I did a multi and a few singles. The multi was that all blue goodness we all love so much /s. Fortunately the single after was the new blue goku. Admittedly I wanted Bardock or Super Vegeta really, but it's still good.

I guess now I can make a all Goku team, lol.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice Zafir! I want him and/or Bardock.

This limited day and a half long banner feels like a real attempt to get people to spend CC before something good shows up.

Oh yeah, definitely. It's a really strong trap banner.

Next thing we know of coming are Goten/Trunks, which will be amazing for hybrid teams but not that hype of characters themselves. So it makes it a little easier to wanna pull here.

Edit: I put a little over 2,000 ccs into this banner, no SP. Only a couple of EXs. Damn I really want Bardock. But hey my luck has been awesome lately so I'm alright. Gotta try my best to save.

Last edited:

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Just wanted to add that it definitely feels like they've tweaked the RNG to be massively slanted towards Hero units. I've had nothing but shit for weeks now.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SSJ kids announced in game. Should be up late tonight after maintenance. Hopefully we'll get some more story and shit too.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Green a Yellow, damn. Was hoping for a blue -- I really need a good blue unit. Best I have is the buyable Goku, Krillin and Pan

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Maintence is over. 500 CC, and a lot of UI changes are waiting for you. Most notable is Equipment is now graded (F-Z) and you can see what grade level your PVP opponent has on each character

Pulled on the new banner for 4 multis, since these units all look great. Overall I did well.
1: Goten
2: Nothing
3: Goten and Piccolo
4: Trunks

No Android 16 who's the one I wanted most, buuuut I won't complain. I've got most SP units now, so I can make a full hybrid team of Kid Goten, Kid Trunks, Teen Gohan, Kid Gohan, Super Trunks, and Red Trunks. Bit lacking in color diversity but once they're leveled fully I think this can do some serious damage

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These QoL updates are amazing. This is the kind of shit that's really gonna matter in the long run. So glad they're focusing so much on it early on.

Hearing reports in discord and reddit that some people are encountering freezing issues and shit. Nothing on my end so far but be wary. Edit : Seems any issues have been fixed

Good shit MiTYH ! I'm holdin on to my ccs for now, only did my dailies. I'll probably buy that Piccolo pack. He fights with his cape on! Fuck YESSSS

Last edited: