• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Single summons are down to 20 crystals.

Edit: NVM, it looks like it only works for the first one.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Single summons are down to 20 crystals.

Edit: NVM, it looks like it only works for the first one.

That's the daily discount. Every day you get a summon for 20 crystals. If you do your daily challenges, you get 20 crystals. So it's pretty much a free summon.

And yeah, no real benefits to multis. It's pretty much just if you know you wanna fully commit to a banner and go in. Stick with singles if you wanna try to control your urges. I did a few today, didn't get much. Tryin my damnedest to just do the daily discount summons and wait for what comes next, but sometimes you just gotta.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I keep getting an error ever time I try to log in today. Uninstalled and reinstalled, but still slapped with an error. Did some unforseen shit pop up during maintenance?

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The game just launched in Japan.
I only got one Sparking (Piccolo) from my first two rolls. Should I try to reroll? He is one of my favorites so I may just stick with him...

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The game just launched in Japan.
I only got one Sparking (Piccolo) from my first two rolls. Should I try to reroll? He is one of my favorites so I may just stick with him...
He is the strongest right now.

You must reroll for at least 2 sparking... Piccolo + Vegeta/Pan/Pikkon since SS Goku is a reward for leveling up to ZLV20.

Pan is a monster in this game.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
He is the strongest right now.

You must reroll for at least 2 sparking... Piccolo + Vegeta/Pan/Pikkon since SS Goku is a reward for leveling up to ZLV20.

Pan is a monster in this game.

Alright, I rerolled a couple of times and just got Vegeta + Pikkon sparking.

Was hoping for a combo with Piccolo but I don't think I will try my luck anymore.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Level 13 with all the stories finished... Getting to 20 is going to be a pain in the ass.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Got SP Pan, the one SP I didn't really care about.
Still need SP Piccolo and Pikkon, they're the only ones I'm missing (outside of the SP Goku you can't get).

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm finding the biggest issue with challenges is the vanishing step.
Not only is the timing of it incredibly tricky, but the vast majority of the time enemies won't use melee attacks that can be side stepped, but will instead use blast attacks instead that I don't think vanishing step works on at all, so you very rarely have the opportunity to do it in the first place even if you've got the timing down.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I couldn't resist, and ended up blowing through my chrono crystals. On the plus side, I ended up with Pan. So, I have every SP character except for SSJ Goku, and I may just buy the bundle for him.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I'm finding the biggest issue with challenges is the vanishing step.
Not only is the timing of it incredibly tricky, but the vast majority of the time enemies won't use melee attacks that can be side stepped, but will instead use blast attacks instead that I don't think vanishing step works on at all, so you very rarely have the opportunity to do it in the first place even if you've got the timing down.
You can VS blast attacks. One thing I've noticed is, I had to tinker with my graphics settings to make sure I was getting 60 FPS at all times, which greatly improved my VS usage.

Now I'm consistently landing VS's when before I wouldn't. Make sure you turn off battery saving mode to boost performance. It helps a lot.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
You can VS blast attacks. One thing I've noticed is, I had to tinker with my graphics settings to make sure I was getting 60 FPS at all times, which greatly improved my VS usage.

Now I'm consistently landing VS's when before I wouldn't. Make sure you turn off battery saving mode to boost performance. It helps a lot.
I'd swear I read a tool tip that said you couldn't VS blast attacks. Glad to be wrong though.
Wonder if it's something that got changed at some point but an old tooltip made it through the cracks during launch.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I'd swear I read a tool tip that said you couldn't VS blast attacks. Glad to be wrong though.
Wonder if it's something that got changed at some point but an old tooltip made it through the cracks during launch.
Yeah, it was a false tooltip. In fact, in PvP, it's common to bait out a VS with one of those single screen tap ki balls, then go to town with a retaliation.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that tool tip is super weird. They need to remove it. Blasts can most certainly be dodged, and like Bane Voice said that in itself is a really important factor in it's battle system. The timing is a little stricter though. Once the ki blasts are within about a "square" of you, it may feel like you'd have the time to dodge, but it's too late. Strike cards are really easy to dodge from far away, but tough up close. The opposite for blasts.

The only vanish I have a lot of trouble with as of now is vanishing while you are stuck in a missed blast attack animation. It's certainly possible, but I haven't figured out the timing yet. It is much stricter than vanishing during a missed strike attack animation. All other vanishes feel very responsive to me now. I've been playing since the beginning of the soft launch though, so I've had some more time with it.

And also what Bane Voice said is also definitely something I would recommend too, be sure to turn your power mode settings off if your phone can handle it. It's on by default. The 60 FPS not only looks beautiful, but it makes the game feel more responsive. Will add that to the OP actually.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I'm honestly surprised at how awesome the game runs and looks for a mobile game.

Like, Hearthstone runs like shit for me while looking considerably worse, whereas DBL is buttery smooth while looking way better. It's an awesome engineering feat.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got another Pikkon from the daily summon. This game really wants me to use him. Kinda wish I would have gotten Goku by now or either a Piccolo/Vegeta dupe, but I can't complain. He's at 4* now.

Summon animation was crazy. Goku lost the beam struggle, and the sphere came out looking like a hero one. Then all of a sudden it transformed into a Sparking one. Never lose hope!

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Sorry, I'm happy about this and I have to share.

A3rGOVs.jpg

I got every sparking unit! I know they're all only 2 star, but the z level rewards were datamined and they'll all hit 3 star over time, except for Pikkon.

Oh, I guess I should show the z level rewards, shouldn't I?

w4bbtknl8iy01.jpg

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Wait, so even though a party consists of 6 charavtets, you can only select 3 to use for every battle/stage?

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Wait, so even though a party consists of 6 charavtets, you can only select 3 to use for every battle/stage?
Yes, however, the other three character slots are important for their z abilities. Even though they're not being used in battle, their z abilities DO still affect your main three fighters.

So, ideally, you want to choose three bench warmers that most benefit your main three fighters.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Got another Pikkon from the daily summon. This game really wants me to use him. Kinda wish I would have gotten Goku by now or either a Piccolo/Vegeta dupe, but I can't complain. He's at 4* now.

Summon animation was crazy. Goku lost the beam struggle, and the sphere came out looking like a hero one. Then all of a sudden it transformed into a Sparking one. Never lose hope!
I got another Pan today in mine. I wish my ass could get Pikkon or Piccolo, they're the only SPs I'm missing (not counting the Goku that we can't get yet).

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm getting ads on the Australian Play Store telling me to "Play first on Google Play". When I click it though, still unreleased. It's bad enough iOS people have to wait, but the rollout on Android is killing me.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone please explain defense to me. It just seems non existent. Basically if you drop a combo the enemy starts one and doesn't stop until you die. The cards resetting the whole time just makes it even more frustrating too

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
It was less of an announcement and more of an ETA that's shown in the AppStore. I was under the impression that Android and iOS had a similar ETA but they've started the soft launch in various regions.
Ah, I see.

Someone please explain defense to me. It just seems non existent. Basically if you drop a combo the enemy starts one and doesn't stop until you die. The cards resetting the whole time just makes it even more frustrating too
You need to switch to a different character when you're getting combo'd like that. Sparking Piccolo has an ability that reduces damage 50% once switched into a combo. Hero Krillin also has a similar ability, IIRC.

Last edited:

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lost interest in the game pretty quickly..vs cpu it lacks content and it's rather boring..and pvp is full of OP users that already have all the sparking units and are invincible.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really itching for some more characters to be added.
lost interest in the game pretty quickly..vs cpu it lacks content and it's rather boring..and pvp is full of OP users that already have all the sparking units and are invincible.
They add new story regularly. Don't play the game for hours a day, just play it every now and then.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its release globally? Still unavailable in Australia for me.

Check now. The update was a little behind.

Hopefully this means iOS is coming a lot earlier than June 14th. Once this game is fully out, I imagine the real shit begins. Can't wait to see what type of content and celebrations they've got planned!

Apr 10, 2018
Yeah really hoping for a big content update in June, not just a few chapters.
Got a full SP team at lvl 1000 already I'm ready for anything :>

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
How the hell are people getting such high levels already? I've finished the story and 5 of the Raditz missions, but my current team is,

HE 1 star Shallot - Level 240
EX 2 star Blue Goku - Level 185
SP 2 star Green Piccolo - Level 214
SP 2 star Yellow Pikkon - Level 195
SP 2 star Purple Vegeta - Level 214
EX 2 star Red Nappa - Level 156

And I'm not hoarding training items or anything, I'm burning through them.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell are people getting such high levels already? I've finished the story and 5 of the Raditz missions, but my current team is,

You basically have to grind the raditz missions over and over. My team is in the 400s and I'm constantly getting matched versus 600s. Fortunately they're still close games but yeah. I'm personally just grinding now and then. Dont have the patience to do it alot.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You basically have to grind the raditz missions over and over. My team is in the 400s and I'm constantly getting matched versus 600s. Fortunately they're still close games but yeah. I'm personally just grinding now and then. Dont have the patience to do it alot.

Well also some of us have been playing since the very beginning of the soft launch, so we had about a 2 week head start. I've got 3 1,000 SP characters too.

But yeah grinding Raditz missions is good XP. Keep the training coming, and be sure to start grinding the super souls you need for class ups. Wanna do that as soon as you can when your dude hits 300/600

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
How are you supposed to get Adventure jobs?
I can never do that Daily Mission because I never have any. I had a few for the tutorial and now I never have any at all.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the easiest way to get jobs is through PvP. You can just run a casual match or 2 and get quite a few. But you can also get them in some story missions.

Also, hit battle rank 50 yesterday! Woot

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which version of Android do you need? It shows "Your device isn't compatible with this version" for me.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get a Super Soul 2 Purple is driving me nuts, I just want to class up my Vegeta so he can go past level 600.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Which version of Android do you need? It shows "Your device isn't compatible with this version" for me.
According to the store page, 6.0 and up. Would explain why I can't install it on my Fire HD 10, the tablet version of Fire OS is still based on 5 iirc.

I did hear some people say that you can install the game via the APK if you're getting that error on the play store. Can't say I've personally tried it though.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Okay, I feel silly for just now learning this.

When you're looking at a sparking characters' card, you can change the graphic by tilting your phone in different directions. Obviously your phone needs a gyroscope for it to work, but still, really cool feature.