• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I wasn't paying attention to the story before but it is actually pretty cool for a mobile game. Just got THE transformation.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There are people out there that use things like mods/lag switches/disconnect exploits to win. They've gotten a better handle on them over a course of updates, but they are still out there.

The most prevalent ones are people disconnecting to preserve and gain RP. It sucks, but at least you also get the win too.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
So I decided to tip my toe in and check this game out. It took a ton of re-rolls to finally get Purple Broly but he's the only Sparkling I got with the new player roll. Is he so good that I should just stick with this? Or back to re-roll hell hoping for him and another SP unit? I imagine I could go through the story and build up more currency to do more pulls. If I do, I'm assuming the banner with Gogeta and Bardocks would be the wisest? And is story definitely what I should concentrate on first?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided to tip my toe in and check this game out. It took a ton of re-rolls to finally get Purple Broly but he's the only Sparkling I got with the new player roll. Is he so good that I should just stick with this? Or back to re-roll hell hoping for him and another SP unit? I imagine I could go through the story and build up more currency to do more pulls. If I do, I'm assuming the banner with Gogeta and Bardocks would be the wisest? And is story definitely what I should concentrate on first?

Absolutely stick with him. You'll pick up more SP eventually, but he's a beast.

For concentration, try to do the time limited events first, and leveling you units. That'll mean more souls to get them limit broken, but I'd say get a main team to 1500 at least to rise decently in PVP. But the limited events give you good items to get like energy refill tickets (get these immediately since it goes away in a few days)

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely stick with him. You'll pick up more SP eventually, but he's a beast.

For concentration, try to do the time limited events first, and leveling you units. That'll mean more souls to get them limit broken, but I'd say get a main team to 1500 at least to rise decently in PVP. But the limited events give you good items to get like energy refill tickets (get these immediately since it goes away in a few days)
Thanks! I've been working through the story and knocking out whatever the tutorial has me try (did a single PvP match, adv, etc). It looks like I have to progress the story to a certain point to be able to do any events so I'll keep plugging away at story then. Is there a particular event I should prioritize over others once they are unlocked? Are they a farming type of thing? or can I complete it one time and then move on to another event? Also, what do you mean by 1500? Is that a combined power rating of your team? I want to say I saw a number near the top of the screen that I assumed that's what it was. I'm guessing story mode is so easy that I can use whoever I want so I can just prioritize knocking out as many missions objectives as I can in one go? Broly can probably solo it all lol

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I've been working through the story and knocking out whatever the tutorial has me try (did a single PvP match, adv, etc). It looks like I have to progress the story to a certain point to be able to do any events so I'll keep plugging away at story then. Is there a particular event I should prioritize over others once they are unlocked? Are they a farming type of thing? or can I complete it one time and then move on to another event? Also, what do you mean by 1500? Is that a combined power rating of your team? I want to say I saw a number near the top of the screen that I assumed that's what it was. I'm guessing story mode is so easy that I can use whoever I want so I can just prioritize knocking out as many missions objectives as I can in one go? Broly can probably solo it all lol

The Trunks one gives energy tickets so focus there. Trunks and Broly each give a free unit as well but some parts may be too tough if you're just starting.

By 1500 I mean level of the individual unit. They go 300 - 600 - 1000 - 1500 - 2000. Once you hit the level cap you'll need to unlock some souls (it will prompt you) to get the next set of levels

And yeah, Broly will be fine for a while in storymode so try to knock out some challenges as well (third tab) so you won't have to waste stamina repeating them in the future. It's simple things like use 3 strike cards or dodge 3 times, or battle with 2 YEL units (don't even have to fight with them, just put them in the team)

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Ah ok, I tend to just hoard energy restoratives in FFBE but since I'm new to this game it'd be useful to have tickets to mow through the story faster. So the trunks and broly events, do I farm them? Or just beat each stage once?

Holy crap! Units get to level 2000???? My Broly is in the seventies right now lol Ah so you don't use the corresponding colored soul until you hit level cap? I assumed you used them to level faster right off the bat but haven't messed with them yet. I've just leveled from the story missions so far but I'll have to check out the training section later to level faster.

I tried to knock out those objectives right off the bat, even in the tutorial since I was already familiar with the concept from FFBE. I'll definitely knock out as many as I can as I go along. I suck at the evasion ones lol

Unrelated to this game but what the heck pic did you use for your avatar to have it removed? I've seen some pretty skimpy avatars out there that get away with it so I'm pretty curious what would get removed aside from nudity.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, I tend to just hoard energy restoratives in FFBE but since I'm new to this game it'd be useful to have tickets to mow through the story faster. So the trunks and broly events, do I farm them? Or just beat each stage once?

Yeah, level 2000, don't expact to hit it right away, 1000 or 1500 will probably be your limit for a while, but there's plenty to do in the meantime while you learn how to vanish dodge.

Far the characters, you beat stages to get either souls (Broly) or coins (Trunks),, the latter which can be redeemed for souls. Not a bad idea to get them at least at 1 star, but depending on time it'll be tough for Trunks since he leaves in 1 or 2 days. Probably beating easch stage once for CC rewards is fine, the event will probably return in a few months (the previous rising road, DB Goku, did once already).

And lol my avatar wasn't actually removed, that's what I made as a joke.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, level 2000, don't expact to hit it right away, 1000 or 1500 will probably be your limit for a while, but there's plenty to do in the meantime while you learn how to vanish dodge.

Far the characters, you beat stages to get either souls (Broly) or coins (Trunks),, the latter which can be redeemed for souls. Not a bad idea to get them at least at 1 star, but depending on time it'll be tough for Trunks since he leaves in 1 or 2 days. Probably beating easch stage once for CC rewards is fine, the event will probably return in a few months (the previous rising road, DB Goku, did once already).

And lol my avatar wasn't actually removed, that's what I made as a joke.
Ah ok, I finally got a couple purple super souls before bed to limit break Broly past 300 but I was disappointed to see he didn't go up from 2* to 3*. Looks like I won't be able to do that without dupes or some kind of special soul or item related to Broly that fuses into him? I'm not sure where I get that from but have seen something like that from what I've looked up online. It seems as though I don't need to get him to a higher star rank to level up at least, he'll just miss out on some extra stat perks from what I can tell.

Oh ok, I suspect I won't be strong enough to handle those events before they leave but I'm hoping to at least get strong enough to get the Red Broly since apparently he's pretty solid in the rank list and would have good synergy with my purple Broly.

Ah ok haha well played, sir

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The star rating only goes up with dupes.

And the amount of dupes you need to get the stars up increases with each star level.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, I've been meaning to ask, should I be using all the CC I've been getting from working on the story for the "Legends Super Saiyans" banner in hopes of Super Gogeta and or Bardock? Or is it better to start hoarding? From what I've seen in the ranking list, I'd think this is the banner I'd want as those are two of the other top tier units that also happen to synergize well with Broly being that they are both saiyans and movie units or at least Gogeta is.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I've been meaning to ask, should I be using all the CC I've been getting from working on the story for the "Legends Super Saiyans" banner in hopes of Super Gogeta and or Bardock? Or is it better to start hoarding? From what I've seen in the ranking list, I'd think this is the banner I'd want as those are two of the other top tier units that also happen to synergize well with Broly being that they are both saiyans and movie units or at least Gogeta is.

If you have Broly, those two are some of the best teammates for him. You can get SSJ Bardock off the Master Pack 2 though which we will get a lot of free summons/dailes for over time, and the other SP units on the banner are pretty bad right now. Super Vegeta is still solid, especially as a bench unit for the SSJ trinity (SSJ Bardock/Broly/Gogeta), but the Gokus are very bad right now. So it's a pretty risky banner. But it's the only way to get Gogeta right now. I would say since you're just starting out you've got cc to spare, so throw some singles at if you wanna. But try not to go too crazy.

On another note, I've got Mr. Satan on a team where he totally works. He's actually a pretty fucking great defensive support, and amazingly fun. Gonna make a vid about it soon.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. The PvP lag thing you guys were talking about (cheaters). There are actually people cheating in a gacha game lmaoo. That's sad. This one dude was just doing it to me. You can't even move when they do it. They can just endlessly do whatever they want to you.

This KILLS PvP for me.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. The PvP lag thing you guys were talking about (cheaters). There are actually people cheating in a gacha game lmaoo. That's sad. This one dude was just doing it to me. You can't even move when they do it. They can just endlessly do whatever they want to you.

This KILLS PvP for me.
I tend to find that people who leave character selection and confirmation until the last few seconds are more often than not the matches that end up being super laggy like that.
I'd assume that's the point at which they load some kind of background app or config.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished up my Royal tickets, end up going 17-1! Damn...almost coulda went to Vegas lol. But hey that's 1700cc.

Really loved this event. Was a shame about the DCers and laggers and shit sometimes, but overall I really didn't have much issue. I always got my ticket back immediately when someone DCed.

New step up looks pretty cool. Gohan being locked behind tickets is kinda brutal. I do kinda like that because it makes the character extra rare, but it's fucked at the same time.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Event is cool just to try out team comps at Max boost/stars. The laggers have been insane on my end.

Anyways, all I need is that SP Android 16 to complete my all Android team!!! I really like his abilities and I'm sure he will make my Android 17, 18, 19, 20, and cell happy!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
If you have Broly, those two are some of the best teammates for him. You can get SSJ Bardock off the Master Pack 2 though which we will get a lot of free summons/dailes for over time, and the other SP units on the banner are pretty bad right now. Super Vegeta is still solid, especially as a bench unit for the SSJ trinity (SSJ Bardock/Broly/Gogeta), but the Gokus are very bad right now. So it's a pretty risky banner. But it's the only way to get Gogeta right now. I would say since you're just starting out you've got cc to spare, so throw some singles at if you wanna. But try not to go too crazy.

On another note, I've got Mr. Satan on a team where he totally works. He's actually a pretty fucking great defensive support, and amazingly fun. Gonna make a vid about it soon.
I ended up deciding to just hoard CC. The consensus on Reddit was that something big was coming because it was atypical to have all these banners with some of the best units out all at once and was clearly a trap which I've seen in other gacha games. Also, apparently the one year anniversary is late May? You know something good will come then so full hoard mode from me! I've hit 10k and still have plenty of story left plus I can go back through what I've beaten to get the missions I missed at the time. Particularly all these "have two of this color" that I've been skipping.

Yellow Super Vegita? I have him on my bench and am going to start leveling him up now that I have my main three (SSJ Broly, Pan, Broly:Fury) at 2000 and Shallot pretty close. Shallot is on my bench but the last spot needs an upgrade, I'm rocking ex yamcha to cover green plus for some reason other units lower my power level when I swap him for them. I think a couple would pass him once I level them up. Trying to decide between SP Vegita or SSJ Gotenks as they should give Broly a saiyan and purple bonus, right? I'm still not entirely sure on how to set up a great team composition but I know Broly Fury works well with my SSJ Broly plus he's a tier 1 unit and Pan is also a tier 1 unit so that's why I have them in.

Man, it was a real bitch to get enough Super Broly Souls to get him to 2k but I managed to pull it off, phew. Too bad I only got him to 1 star since I was stone walled at the Hero requirement mission. Not enough time to be worth wasting resources to level up hero units unless my Shallot would be able to solo everything.

I'm going to guess they are saving SSJ Blue for the anniversary. Personally I'm waiting for UI Goku but not sure how they'd implement him. Maybe make either his green skill or super skill grant him perfect evasion for x amount of time but still feels like it'd be OP. Although super skills or whatever they are called don't come up 'that' often. The greens would be too often I suppose. SSB Goku, Vegita, and Vegito before UI though so no point in worrying about it right now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasted all my crystals on the step-up and walked away with no SPs at all except that loser Lord Slug. And all of my tickets were Heroes as always. I just want to quit this shitty game with how bad my luck has been these days.

Oct 27, 2017
got 1 Gohan from 3 tickets, hate Beerus for spooking me. As fro the step-up banner itself i got slug and two Ginyu, and from the 3 30% tickets i got no sparking units lol. not my night

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Not your night... bruh.

I got Gohan too and I couldn't be happier right now.
40.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
just checked the odds for getting Gohan, don't know why i thought the odds of getting him were higher, got lucky as hell and i didn't even know . Just need purple Gohan to have all the Gohans now

Also when do we get our CC for the battle royal thing?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Did one full rotation. Got Slug, Cell (ticket), Cell, and Slug (ticket). So, that's fun.

I actually have a pretty good regen team if I spent the time on it.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah last night I was having really slow loading times. Made the summonings super stressful...

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, there's seriously 50 battles in that Cell event? Seriously?
I'm barely to 20 and already Cell is getting really damage spongey.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got to step 4 through just grinding cc on the step up. The step that gives you your first GSP ticket. The pulls getting me there got me SP Cell and a Kale dupe. First and only ticket so far got me this beauty

Amazing art animation, probably my favorite one so far. All three of these units have stepped up the art quality even further.

Cell and Gohan are both fucking amazing. I think Cell may actually be a little bit better, but they're so close in quality I'd say it's just more of a preference.

Here's the team I'm using with Cell

The EX androids are great. Especially 17 with that amazing EX green equip. They support Cell very well. I'll go Cell/16/17 if they have little to no purples sometimes. Team is working great in top 1k play.

Here's the team I'm using with the boy

Works well because if gives you a Goku to die. Beerus is MUCH better now and is a great off color after that new equipment. If there's no blues, run Godku instead of Beerus. If you have the ability to run a Son Family team though, that might be better. But the team is working great so far.

Also when do we get our CC for the battle royal thing?

Probably in a few days or maybe tonight. At least if the results are calculated similar to Dokkan WTs.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Next USTS banner revealed in V-Jump

SSJ Goku GT
SSJ Vegeta GT
Hyper Rildo

If you don't know what Hyper Rildo is, it's this form.
4I8yvCR.png

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
After reading how OP Cell is (people were right about something good coming after those trap banners) I decided to do one full lap of steps. Manged to get a Cell, wohoo! but nothing else of significance which was ok since Cell as the target. Used the two tickets and got a Slug and SS2 Califlower. No best Gohan for me but Cell is more useful in this game anyway, wanted gohan for nostalgia. I also got an Ultimate Gohan from that ticket pull on his banner after accumulating 10 of them again (or was it 7?). I'm now in complete hoard mode until the anniversary but man, what's with me only ever getting 2* version of my Sparking units? There's no way to upgrade that outside continuing to pull in hopes of more of them, right? Someone online said they were farming Cell's star rank but don't see how that's possible. I was hoping the Cell games gave cell souls but alas, no.

Now for the real reason I'm posting, I could use help in picking out a team. I don't have all the units to form the best teams so I'm not sure if I should go for a quasi top team with what I do have, or just combine my best units. Here are the Sparking and Extreme units I have:

Sparking:
SSJ Broly (Purple) 2*
Super Perfect Cell (Yellow) 2*
Broly Fury (Red) 1*
Super Slug (Blue) 2*
Ultimate Gohan (Green) 2*
Pan (Blue) 2*
Super Vegita (Yellow) 2*
Vegita (Purple) 3*
SSJ2 Caulifa (Purple) 2*
SSJ Gotenks (Purple) 2*
Android 18 (Yellow) 3*
SSJ Goku (Green) 2*
SSJ Goku (Red) 0 stars

Extreme:
Goku (Blue) 2*
Yamcha (Green) 2*
Android 19 (Red) 3*
Android 16 (Yellow) 1*
Krillin (Red) 1*
Trunks (Teen) (Purple) 1*
Tien (Yellow) 2*
Nappa (Red) 1*
Vegita (Green) 2*
Frieze 1st form (Blue) 1*
Frieza 3rd form (Purple) 1*
Mercenary Tao (Purple) 1*
Frost Final Form (Blue) 2*
Vegita (Red) 1*
Turles (Green) 2*
Cell 1st form (Yellow) 2*
Master Roshi (Purple) 1*
Android 18 (Green) 1*
Android 17 (Red) 2*
Radditz (Blue) 2*
Cell 2nd form (Blue) 1*
Coora (Blue) 1*
Gohan (Youth) (Red) 1*
Android 17 (Green) 1*
Vegita (Yellow) 1*
SSJ Vegita (Purple) 1*
Tora (Purple) 1*
Cabba (Green) 3*

Any help would be much appreciated! I see that Cell and Slug are good units for a Regen team but I'm lacking a third and it seems criminal to not have SSJ Broly in the lineup with how OP he is. Broly Fury has great synergy with SSJ Broly I know that much but most of my best units don't seem to synergize. Do I say screw it and go with SSJ Broly, Super Perfect Cell, Broly Fury, Slug, Ultimate Gohan and either Super Vegita or Pan?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Finished my first cycle and my two tickets netted me Beerus both times, bringing him to 4*. IMO Beerus is the real prize with his new equipment and inevitable major buff and surely fantastic synergy with Whis and Champa down the line.

They seem to really only buff characters that don't get multiple iterations, such as Krillin, Pan, Turles, etc.

With that logic, Androids 16 and 17 should be next in like for long overdue buffs, which will destroy the Perfect Cell Regeneration meta in favor of a Perfect Cell Android meta resurgence, and I simply cannot wait.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Look who I just got:

nDqz4EV.jpg

OMG. Now all I need is SP #16 and I'm good!!!!. I'm so happy! One of my favorite characters AND he has the Android tag!! Wow wow wow.

...oh and I pulled ssj2 teen Gohan as well. Eh. Hate that character. Garbage.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
OMG I'm still seeing new Sparking summon animations!! I just saw the

Trunks one. I also saw the bardock one as well wow.

So much fan service.

Man this SP cell is so cool. He has instant transmission. He also has one of the best looking Kamehameha in the game. Aye papi.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is, it's really hard to really apply a 'tier' list like that, because of the ways different characters interact with/boost one another. Just because you have one of the Super tier units doesn't mean they'll actually be any good if you haven't got the right units to boost them.

Really a tier list needs to be team based rather than unit based.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, it's really hard to really apply a 'tier' list like that, because of the ways different characters interact with/boost one another. Just because you have one of the Super tier units doesn't mean they'll actually be any good if you haven't got the right units to boost them.

Really a tier list needs to be team based rather than unit based.
Yea that's what I gather from limited experience with the game. There are a lot of "saiyan killer" team combos that get bonus attributes against saiyans specifically for example.

Here's the team I'm using with Cell
I just realized you have the exact team I'm trying to get. Lmaoo. All I need is sp#16!!!

I am curious as to the reason why you're keeping the regular cell around on your team instead of Android #19 (strike based)? I know he has a team heal but is there anything else I am missing?

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing the game again, and seeing that tier list. It hurts to see that tier list since majority of my sparkings were from the first batch with the exception of piccolo. Stopped when bardock banner arrived, and looking at the game now. There's alot of interesting changes and good qol fixes, looked at reddit and there's even more exciting stuff coming soon. Jumped in at the right time.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm pretty new to this game myself. I also just saw this?

d6ntrk4gu6n21.jpg

And this?

85bi22oqu6n21.jpg

The new equipment enhancing is making me nervous. I've seen f2p games go down this route before... It gets ugly. Fast. We'll see though. The rest of the update looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing the game again, and seeing that tier list. It hurts to see that tier list since majority of my sparkings were from the first batch with the exception of piccolo. Stopped when bardock banner arrived, and looking at the game now. There's alot of interesting changes and good qol fixes, looked at reddit and there's even more exciting stuff coming soon. Jumped in at the right time.

Welcome back. Yeah, they've added a ton since then. While some of the early characters have gotten stat-stomped, they've gotten massively better with balancing the game and it's characters now. Aside from a couple of OGs that haven't been buffed yet, pretty much every SP character and most EX characters have a purpose and can be viable on the right setup. Even most characters that are listed as low on most tier lists can be extremely viable. For instance, I have a truly fucking awesome Hercule team. I've also been using a lot of IT Goku lately again and been seeing him more in PvP.

Pretty much, don't worry about tier lists too much. The game is much more about team building and game play than anything. And we now have a ton of options in those regards.

I am curious as to the reason why you're keeping the regular cell around on your team instead of Android #19 (strike based)? I know he has a team heal but is there anything else I am missing?

With that particular team, I already had EX 18 covering the z-ability for Blast attack and defense. That's the same Z-A that 19# gives. The team is more strike based, so I decided I'd rather have #20 over #19 for more Strike attack and defense along with EX17, Cell, and 16. I know who my main actives will be, so it just comes down to another bench Z-A, and I would rather have the health Z-A EX Cell gives. Especially because SP Cell heals constantly so it helps him a lot. Also, #19 is not a bad character to run actively, but not really worth it unless you're gonna run #20 with him too so he can reach his full power (he gets a buff from that). I knew that was like never gonna happen because Cell's got my YEL base covered, and running YYR (Cell/20/19) isn't gonna be that great most of the time. Susceptible to counter colors.

That team was pretty prototype though. It could use some tinkering. SP 16 is still a nice tank, but replacing him for a z-a buff like 19 might not be a bad idea. Congrats on your Cell! He is a monster.

After reading how OP Cell is (people were right about something good coming after those trap banners) I decided to do one full lap of steps. Manged to get a Cell, wohoo! but nothing else of significance which was ok since Cell as the target. Used the two tickets and got a Slug and SS2 Califlower. No best Gohan for me but Cell is more useful in this game anyway, wanted gohan for nostalgia. I also got an Ultimate Gohan from that ticket pull on his banner after accumulating 10 of them again (or was it 7?). I'm now in complete hoard mode until the anniversary but man, what's with me only ever getting 2* version of my Sparking units? There's no way to upgrade that outside continuing to pull in hopes of more of them, right? Someone online said they were farming Cell's star rank but don't see how that's possible. I was hoping the Cell games gave cell souls but alas, no.

Now for the real reason I'm posting, I could use help in picking out a team. I don't have all the units to form the best teams so I'm not sure if I should go for a quasi top team with what I do have, or just combine my best units. Here are the Sparking and Extreme units I have:

Sparking:
SSJ Broly (Purple) 2*
Super Perfect Cell (Yellow) 2*
Broly Fury (Red) 1*
Super Slug (Blue) 2*
Ultimate Gohan (Green) 2*
Pan (Blue) 2*
Super Vegita (Yellow) 2*
Vegita (Purple) 3*
SSJ2 Caulifa (Purple) 2*
SSJ Gotenks (Purple) 2*
Android 18 (Yellow) 3*
SSJ Goku (Green) 2*
SSJ Goku (Red) 0 stars

Extreme:
Goku (Blue) 2*
Yamcha (Green) 2*
Android 19 (Red) 3*
Android 16 (Yellow) 1*
Krillin (Red) 1*
Trunks (Teen) (Purple) 1*
Tien (Yellow) 2*
Nappa (Red) 1*
Vegita (Green) 2*
Frieze 1st form (Blue) 1*
Frieza 3rd form (Purple) 1*
Mercenary Tao (Purple) 1*
Frost Final Form (Blue) 2*
Vegita (Red) 1*
Turles (Green) 2*
Cell 1st form (Yellow) 2*
Master Roshi (Purple) 1*
Android 18 (Green) 1*
Android 17 (Red) 2*
Radditz (Blue) 2*
Cell 2nd form (Blue) 1*
Coora (Blue) 1*
Gohan (Youth) (Red) 1*
Android 17 (Green) 1*
Vegita (Yellow) 1*
SSJ Vegita (Purple) 1*
Tora (Purple) 1*
Cabba (Green) 3*

Any help would be much appreciated! I see that Cell and Slug are good units for a Regen team but I'm lacking a third and it seems criminal to not have SSJ Broly in the lineup with how OP he is. Broly Fury has great synergy with SSJ Broly I know that much but most of my best units don't seem to synergize. Do I say screw it and go with SSJ Broly, Super Perfect Cell, Broly Fury, Slug, Ultimate Gohan and either Super Vegita or Pan?

Congrats on Cell! Slug's great too. No, there is no way to farm Cell's star rank. There are a few farmable SPs, like Red Broly, and the Legends' Road characters, but most SPs are not farmable in any way other than pulling them. There are plenty of farmable EXs though through PvP adventures, scout battles, and events. I managed to get my SP Cell to 5* after doing 2 full rounds on the step up banner, but I did drop a little cash (about 30$).

As far as your team building....Sorry on the late response but phew that's tough. So many options. You've got some great units. Generally you want to use your SPs as a base for a team, and your EXs to fill it in depending on z-abilities and/or active fighters. I would say some good team outlines to look into are Movies, (PUR Broly/RED Broly/more movie characters like Slug ect), Female warriors, (SP Pan/SP Caulifa/YEL #18, green EX 18 for the bench), and Androids (New SP Cell/EX #17 green/The EX androids and EX 1st form Cell for a mix of actives and bench units).

I might say Androids is your best bet right now, but it's hard to tell. Cell is just so strong, and EX17 green is really fucking good, although you only have him at 1* at the moment. Just keep an eye out for z-abilities and fill in your teams. Don't be afraid to mix tag and color z-as too if you think it'll make for strong active fighters and/or bench alts.

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats on Cell! Slug's great too. No, there is no way to farm Cell's star rank. There are a few farmable SPs, like Red Broly, and the Legends' Road characters, but most SPs are not farmable in any way other than pulling them. There are plenty of farmable EXs though through PvP adventures, scout battles, and events. I managed to get my SP Cell to 5* after doing 2 full rounds on the step up banner, but I did drop a little cash (about 30$).

As far as your team building....Sorry on the late response but phew that's tough. So many options. You've got some great units. Generally you want to use your SPs as a base for a team, and your EXs to fill it in depending on z-abilities and/or active fighters. I would say some good team outlines to look into are Movies, (PUR Broly/RED Broly/more movie characters like Slug ect), Female warriors, (SP Pan/SP Caulifa/YEL #18, green EX 18 for the bench), and Androids (New SP Cell/EX #17 green/The EX androids and EX 1st form Cell for a mix of actives and bench units).

I might say Androids is your best bet right now, but it's hard to tell. Cell is just so strong, and EX17 green is really fucking good, although you only have him at 1* at the moment. Just keep an eye out for z-abilities and fill in your teams. Don't be afraid to mix tag and color z-as too if you think it'll make for strong active fighters and/or bench alts.
Thanks! Congrats on getting your Cell to 5*! Do you think it's worth doing a second lap to get his * rank up when I'm F2P? Or just settle for 2* and continue saving for the anniversary? Alas, I didn't have enough time to farm Red Broly's level since I prioritized getting him to lvl 2000. I figured that was more important than getting his * rank up.

Thanks for responding to my team composition possibilities, no one else wanted to tackle that haha I'm struggling to determine whether I should go with a movie team or Android team. Partially because Broly and Cell are the two strongest units in the game and it feels criminal to not make use of both of them... Apparently the Regen team is all the rage now but I'm lacking a Zamasu, I'm going to do the cheap daily pulls on his banner and hope I get lucky. If I get him, I'll roll a Cell, Slug, and Zamasu combo with I guess Androids on the bench.

Before you say that, a new curveball, I used a bunch of M2 tickets I piled up last night and got a SS Bardock! I'm missing Gogeta for the trinity but would a SS Broly, Broly Fury, and SS Bardock be a strong core? They all have the Saiyan tag and two of them a SS tag. I'm guessing Android would still have better synergy. I haven't leveled them all up yet though. I'm about to get Green 17 to max level but haven't worked on the other androids. I've gotten SS Broly, Broly Fury, SP Cell, Slug, Super Vegita, Shallot, Ultimate Gohan, Pan, and soon SS Bardock to 2000 so far. I"ve maxed the soul grid on the first four and also Ultimate Gohan so far as well. I've been rolling with SS Broly, SP Cell, Slug, Broly Fury, Super Vegita, and Shallot so far and I test swapping out Vegita and shallot when I get a new strong unit like Ultimate Gohan but it always lowers by synergy percentage and I assume that's more important than the collective power level (unless a massive difference). Maybe Bardock will boost it over one of those two ha

I'll start leveling up more Androids but look forward to your thoughts on the above. Thanks again for responding!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aye got Zamasu on my daily pull today. His attacks and abilities are clean, no wonder he's ranked top tier in a bunch of tier list. Seeing his energy blade in his attacks makes me want vegito to come out already.