• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
This thing's really improved my opinion of the battle system. While I still think it's trash, seeing pro players play is pretty cool. I can't do anything like this. Very strategic.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Muten messed up by dropping his female team, Ribrianne could have given him the win if he played better

I agree. Ribrianne is so absurdly strong and she can never be underestimated. These have been some excellent matches.

Apparently this error that happened had nothing to do with DBL, it was an Android update. That's fucked up.

This thing's really improved my opinion of the battle system. While I still think it's trash, seeing pro players play is pretty cool. I can't do anything like this. Very strategic.

Hell yeah. Stuff like this makes me so happy, and why I hope this event succeeds. Above all, I have so much faith in the PvP in this game. I think it's legit great. And I'm so happy they're displaying it in such a confident fashion.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...Whirlkick kinda got fucked. I don't know exactly how they should've handled that, but imo it should've been given to the fighter with the most health. Neither fighter has any say in the error which makes it tough, but still.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. Stuff like this makes me so happy, and why I hope this event succeeds. Above all, I have so much faith in the PvP in this game. I think it's legit great. And I'm so happy they're displaying it in such a confident fashion.
This tournament's been a bigger presentation than I expected so as long as they keep going on with this stuff then it'll be good.

And yeah, I'd hate to be Whirlkick right now.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah man...damn. At least it woulda been 1-1 if Whirlkick woulda won that, but man still. Big shame. That has to feel awful.

Still gets that jacket though which i want SO BAD.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SMG coulda had that, but burnt his Gohan's main too early. He even shook his head when it happened, knew it.

Oct 27, 2017
always hype when the producer/director fights the champion, reminds me of ARMS and Yabuki whooping ass

man Ikeda was surprisingly decent, he actually wanted to win it lol. And boy Vegito looked amazing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
YOOO VEGTIO AND THE BLUEEEESS!!

This entire event was spectacular. Thank you Keigo an for everyone else's hard work. They're doing their best to carve a new line for mobile competitive gaming. I think DBL IS fucking it.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The event was enjoyable to watch, it wasnt all that bad than I thought it was going to be. Milcool is a beast and so was that reveal. Vegito please come home.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna take a moment to info dump some SSJ2 Shallot stuff here to stop me from clogging up the Discord server:

His HP goes up ~25% when he transforms into SSJ2, vs ~15% when he turns SSJ1, but its impossible to tell what kind of benchmark that will play in his other post-transformation stats.

Overall his power level jumped up a mere 15% in SSJ1, but in actuality his Attack stats went up ~16% and his Defenses ~26%.

His SSJ2 Main Ability seems to differ though, in that it didn't appear to buff Blast Attack anymore - only strike.

Shallot appears to automatically gain a Sustained Damage Cut buff 5 counts after entering the field (or transforming) when SSJ2 followed by a Strike Damage buff a further 5 counts after THAT.

That being said, Shallot's green card in SSJ2 seems to only restore 30 ki, as opposed to the previous 40. It still buffs his strike, however.

Additionally neither the Team (Saiyan): Strike Atk UP buff nor the Rage: Strike Atk UP buff appear to trigger while in SSJ2 (SSB Goku being dead does not result in Shallot gaining an ATK buff, nor does he gain one for being on a team with a still alive Vegito)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just went back and watched the tourny. Glad I put my bets on milcool as well. Got some summon tickets and a ton of Zenni damn!
--------------------
But can someone explain MILCOOL's team? I'm not understanding why the Android's were present? Particularly Android 17 EX? Did he not have any other female units or something? He doesn't buff the female units does he?
-------------------

Also, while the new banner stuff looks nice, I'm not touching a single crystal of mine (over 6 grand now) untill I see TOP Android 17/18 (need them for my Android team) or TOP Jiren. Something doesn't seem right about all of this. They are being too generous. I think it is bait. I believe Jiren will be one of the strongest units in the game. I also don't really care for blue Vegeta or Goku #122.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Just went back and watched the tourny. Glad I put my bets on milcool as well. Got some summon tickets and a ton of Zenni damn!
--------------------
But can someone explain MILCOOL's team? I'm not understanding why the Android's were present? Particularly Android 17 EX? Did he not have any other female units or something? He doesn't buff the female units does he?
-------------------

Also, while the new banner stuff looks nice, I'm not touching a single crystal of mine (over 6 grand now) untill I see TOP Android 17/18 (need them for my Android team) or TOP Jiren. Something doesn't seem right about all of this. They are being too generous. I think it is bait. I believe Jiren will be one of the strongest units in the game. I also don't really care for blue Vegeta or Goku #122.

Android 17 was there purely to buff Cell, and Cell was there because his infinite regeneration is so broken that he can slot into a team with barely any synergy and still perform.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Android 17 was there purely to buff Cell, and Cell was there because his infinite regeneration is so broken that he can slot into a team with barely any synergy and still perform.

Thanks for this.

So he essentially sacrificed buffing his females even more for cell's Regen? Interesting... wow.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, rewatching the reveal, and it looks like SSB Goku's main not only gives him an ult, but restores his entire vanish bar. That's cray cray.

God this week is gonna be sooooo lonnnnnggg

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, rewatching the reveal, and it looks like SSB Goku's main not only gives him an ult, but restores his entire vanish bar. That's cray cray.

God this week is gonna be sooooo lonnnnnggg
Yea I saw that too.

Also, notice his Gi. I think this is the first version of many ssb gokus. Perhaps one with kaio Ken?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they will portray UI goku in this game? Is it even possible to do it justice? If anybody can do it, it is the dblegends team. But I'm just curious if they will give him a ton of defensive abilities. We don't know much about the lore of UI right now, so it will be hard to place tags on it.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they will portray UI goku in this game? Is it even possible to do it justice? If anybody can do it, it is the dblegends team. But I'm just curious if they will give him a ton of defensive abilities. We don't know much about the lore of UI right now, so it will be hard to place tags on it.
Could work similar to Kaioken, has a timer and when it runs out he drops to base and has low health.
It'd likely be a God Ki unit.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting, but need to see more. Looks like people no longer need to ki cancel tech since I saw Goku vanished after ki blast.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they are willing to take risks like this and change the combat Dynamics. I'm very curious how it'll work out.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, FINALLY beat Broly lvl 50. Literally came down to my last unit and him getting off a RR, which I guess correctly. Bless you game, I needed those CC. Only had 2 boost units (RED Gohan and YEL Goku) and used PUR Broly as well. It took a few tries to get the hang of it and avoid bad RNG

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Battle system 2 delayed, and PvP shut down until Friday. Everything happens Friday now.

Got I really wanted to get my hands on the new system. Longest weeeeeeeeeeek

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Battle system 2 delayed, and PvP shut down until Friday. Everything happens Friday now.

Got I really wanted to get my hands on the new system. Longest weeeeeeeeeeek
Yea. I had a feeling it would get delayed. It just came out of nowhere so fast.

I didn't, however, expect them to shut down the current PvP :(

welp. Me and my crystals will just be here.... Waiting.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Aww shiiiiiitttt! Level cap raise is now 3000!!!!

Didn't I tell you, broly??! Didn't I say I'd come for you?! Not so tough now, are ya? Huh? What was that, bitch? No more "I'll put you out of your misery" super move spam? You're done, kiddo! You're fucking dead!

DEAD!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alot of people are hating the increase cap hah.

I'm fine with it since I'm having trouble with the broly event at difficult 40, hope this helps out.

1 more day till anniversary!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Thus begins the great maintenance. Anyone taking bets on it actually ending on time? Or even tomorrow?