• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Dragon Ball Legends is now officially out worldwide on Android/iOS!
What is Dragon Ball Legends?

Dragon Ball Legends is a new mobile F2P fighting game for Android/iOS. You summon for Dragon Ball characters with a gacha system, and use these characters throughout a variety of modes including Story, Adventures, Events, and real time PVP.

You said Dragon Ball, so I am immediately inclined to want it. How do I play?

The game is a real time fighting game. It utilizes team based combat, specific character abilities, and cards "arts", your primary form of attack, just to name a few things.

6ZNHQAE.png

ARTS - The cards at the bottom are your art cards. Tap them to initiate an attack, and tap more after an attack lands to initiate a combo. There are 4 types of standard art cards at the moment.

Strike attack - Melee attack
Blast attack - Ranged attack
Special skill - Activates a special buff/debuff/skill dependent on the active character's skills
Special attack - A character dependent super that typically does a lot of damage and may cause status effects

Certain characters have access to unique cards such as..

Awakening - A special card that is related to character quirk, such as Ginyu's body change
Ultimate move - A cinematic super attack that is typically even stronger than a standard special attack

Each art has a number on it that indicates how much ki it uses. If you don't have the ki, you can't use the card. Ki charges over time, or you can manually charge ki faster by tapping and holding the screen.

MAIN ABILITY - Each character also has a main ability that can be activated by tapping their character portrait in the bottom left once a certain amount of time has passed. These abilities are very important, and have a variety of forms and uses. Be sure to implement these into your gameplan.

VANISH - And extremely important defensive tool, the vanish allows you to evade your opponent's attack and put yourself in a prime position to counter. When an opponent initiates an attack against you, a "!" will appear above your character's head for a brief moment. Swipe to the left or right during this time frame, and you will perform the vanish. Vanish uses the vanish bar, which will begin to refill after you use it, and vanish is not possible until it is filled. Bait out your opponent's vanish, and strike them while they're a sitting duck!

TAG SYSTEM - You can switch characters on the fly by tapping their portrait on the left side of the screen. Once you switch, you will not be able to switch back to the character you switched from for 10 in-game seconds. While you are being combo'd, you can choose to switch to another character to allow them to take the damage instead. Switching is very important to the element advantage system, and using your team to the fullest.

ELEMENT ADVANTAGE - Each character is related to an element, and that element has an advantage and a disadvantage over another element.

GrCN0Vk.png

Switch your characters to stay at the advantage! Keep in mind that Shallot, the game's original character, is the only LGT character as of now, so he can be very useful. There are no playable DRK characters so far, but there are DRK enemies in the story missions.

RISING RUSH - Certain cards will have a little Dragon Ball on them. When you use that card it will add a Dragon Ball to your collection. If you collect 7, you get access to the Rising Rush, the most powerful move in the game. If this move connects, you will choose a card out of your hand, and so will your opponent. As long as your opponent does not choose the same card as you did, your entire team will hit them with a massive a super attack that is usually a 1 hit KO. The attacks that your character does during this sequence will be the arts that are left in your hand after you select your card. If your opponent does choose the same card as you it will fail, and they will have a chance at a reversal.

Well that sounds pretty fuckin RAD. What modes we got?

Story!

LSY30AA.png

Enter Shallot, our new Saiyan homeboi. He's got amnesia, as you do, and has woken in a crazy world where everyone seems to have merged across time and space and are fighting each other. Go through Shallot's story as he grows, meets our other more familiar dope homebois/gurls, and gets stronger and stronger. While mobile games are typically known for garbage stories, if you're a big Dragon Ball fan I really suggest not skipping the scenes! The story has been surprisingly engaging so far, and full of excellent interactions. Story missions also provide materials needed to raise your character's power. You can always customize Shallot's clothes, but once you get to a certain point and he powers up, you can customize his main ability and special moves as well!

PvP

Create the strongest team you've got, and go head-to-head against other players in real time online battles! Rating and casual matches are available. Rating matches will affect your overall ranking and your battle rank, and you will be rewarded based on each of these at the end of a season with tons of potential rewards. Like rare medals that can be exchanged for useful materials, summon tickets, gold adventures, and even chrono crystals if you manage to crack into the top 20k rankings. Casual matches are just chill. Seasons reset every 2 weeks, and each season provides missions and rewards that give great incentives to do your best.

Events

These are special and time-limited events that allow you to grab special rewards! For instance, there may be a special story event where you will be able to fight Raditz to gain him for your own use, along with gathering equipment for your team's use. Events typically come with their own set of missions as well where you can nab more chrono crystals and other stuff.

Adventures

Send characters you've earned out on adventures to gather materials you can use. These are timed missions that do not require your input. Once the time limit is reached, the character will return with cool shit. Adventures,(especially gold adventures from PvP), are one of the best ways to stock up on zeni, souls, and EX character shards, so be sure to have them going as much as you can!

Other things as well, such as a ton of missions to complete, training and.....

SUMMMMMMMOOOOONNNNSSSSSSSS

U4quEGd.png

Yup. This is a gacha game. You use the chrono cyrstals you earn through playing, or through paying if you're hot shit, to summon characters. The summon animations are hype and have a lot of variations, so I suggest sitting back and enjoying them each time.

There are 3 rarities of characters in the game. From lowest to highest...

Hero
Extreme
Sparking

The higher the rarity, the harder they are to obtain.

If you already have a character and you pull them again, you will be given shards for that character. With enough shards, your character will limit break, and they will get a stat boost, as well as a boost to their Z-Ability at star levels 3, 6, and 7+. If you fully max out a character to 7*+ and continue to pull them, you will be given Z-medals instead. Z-medals are used in the Z-medal shop.

You get 1 discount summon on each active banner a day for 20 crystals (they normally cost 100), and you can earn 30 chrono crystals a day by completing your daily missions, essentially giving you 1 net positive summon a day! I generally suggest you pull each day on the discount(s), unless you are really trying to penny pinch for something.

GIVE ME SOME TIPS AND TRICKS LIKE BLOCKBUSTER USED TO DO

-Learn your vanish timing, properties, and how to manage your vanishes.
This is essential. The timing is strict, and seems even stricter in certain situations such as when you are stuck in an animation. But the more you play with it, the more it will become second nature. There are properties to vanish that might not be immediately apparent as well, such as opponents being able to counter your vanish with their own, and "perfect vanish" which allows for a free attack. Learning when this is a possibility, and how to use it yourself is a huge part of the game. Also, learn how to manage your vanish bar. When you don't have vanish you are far more open to attack, and while performing any action other than basic movement, your vanish bar will not fill. If you switch in a character, that character's vanish bar will be instantly filled. Your vanish bar will also immediately be filled if you're hit by an opponent's art card.

-Z-Abilities effect your entire party, EVEN IF THE CHARACTERS ARE NOT IN BATTLE. Fighters that are in the party but are not actively being used are often referred to as on the bench. For instance, Hercule's Z-Ability gives -3 ki to all special arts cards. As long as Hercule is on the bench in your 6 man party, your active 3 fighters that you select to go into battle with will get this buff. Optimally, you'll typically want characters that can double as active fighters or bench fighters depending on the situation, but some character's z abilities are so strong they're worth bringing just to be on the bench, and vice versa for some being so strong active. Considering your active fighters and your bench fighters is absolutely essential when you're trying to create the best team you can. Those buffs stack up!

-There are advanced/subtle tactics not immediately apparent that can enhance your game. While the majority of the gameplay is just getting a read on your opponent and using the right move at the right time, this is a mini fighting game. Touched on a bit in the vanish section above, there are things such as vanish timing awareness, ki blast canceling, side step cancelling, and generally more advanced baiting options and such that can help put you at an advantage over your opponent. While some of these things you'll likely naturally discover with time such as stuff like better ways to bait your opponents, other things can be a bit harder to find on your own. Feel free to ask in here if want to learn more, or if you've seen something in a PvP match you don't understand.

-When just starting out, depending on how you like to play, it might be a good idea to reroll. The easiest way we know how to do this is by clearing the data under the apps setting in the app manager on your phone (on Andorid. On iOS I believe you have to re download the entire app). You will have to go through the tutorial each time. If you're going to this, you should go for at least two Sparking characters in one multi, possibly 3 if you really wanna push it.

-Use tap attacks! There are two attacks you can do by just tapping the screen that do not use art cards or ki. A blast tap attack from far away, and a melee tap attack when up close. The blast tap can be extremely useful for baiting out vanishes. The melee tap is useful for keeping your opponent guessing in the neutral. You can also tack on tap attacks at the end of art combos for a bit of extra damage.

-Utilize the soul boost system as well as the equipment system. The soul boost system allows you to even further power up your character's stats with materials and zeni, and allows them to break through their max level. Equipment gives your characters even more boosts, and can be upgraded to unlock more perks on the equipment. Using these systems, any character regardless of rarity with enough investment can be extremely viable on the right team!

-For adventures, be sure to always check the adventure details to see which element has the best chance at success. If you use one of the elements listed, you can potentially get a great or huge success, which gives even more rewards!

-If your phone can handle it, be sure to turn the power save settings OFF. It is on by default. With it off, the game runs at 60 FPS. Not only does it make the game look pretty fucking fantastic, but it also helps with responsiveness.

And last but not least, enjoy yourselves, and be careful with your wallet.
7WWuKqV.png

Era Legends Discord channel

https://discord.gg/9yAWXjZ

A lot of discussion goes on over here.

DB Space

https://legends.dbz.space/

An excellent tool for organized information as well as news.

Era friends list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C7c3OwmV-jR3zPHw3pE58vnxj-ZmS5LdKPuE_mcKJnY/edit?usp=sharing

Post/PM your user ID code with your IGN to be added to Era's friend list!

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Durden.

Played this a little but I'm not feeling it yet. Dodging in particular feels like it never works unless I bait attacks.

Shallot is cool though.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded this before work and had only enough time to do the first two tutorial missions. Looking forward to playing more

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Durden.

Played this a little but I'm not feeling it yet. Dodging in particular feels like it never works unless I bait attacks.

Shallot is cool though.
Yeah, dodging is awkward feeling. I stopped trying to do them for challenges for the time being.

Game is okay so far, looks nice on my phone (Pixel 2 XL). Was hoping for a bit more depth but it's still early.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a bit more depth but it's still early.

I feel like this is kind of a standard gatcha game with real time combat as dressing, so if it gets any depth the bulk of it will be in team building.

Admittedly I couldn't be assed to figure out what units were good or not.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
A mobile DBZ game with actual gameplay? Fuck yea I'm in! Did the tutorials on lunch, plays alright. Hoping online play is good

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I've been playing it for a few days, but I don't like PvP games in F2P games. But it's a pretty neat game! Better than Dokkan Battle.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT Diren. For newcomers here's a quick tip on the characters you should reroll for:

Sparkling Vegeta: Probably the best unit in the game currently since he has the best blast damage and will get buffs from other Saiyans on the team.

Pikkon: Opposite to Vegeta Pikkon has the best physical damage and while he is amazing in his own right (and has a super that's a physical move) and has a unique ability of increasing the ki cost of moves for the enemy.

Sparkling Piccolo: Best tank in the game. He'll take hits and his ability heals the entire team. Unfortunately he's not that strong but that doesn't matter when he's there to tag in, take the hits and heal the team when their health gets to low (his ability can only be used once like other abilities but it is still really good)

I'd say if you try to get these 3 if not go for Vegeta + any of the 2. There's also Pan and SSJ Goku and while they're not bad in fact they're very good units (if you get Vegeta, Piccolo and Pan then keep the account) you get SSJ Goku once you reach rank 20 and Pan is good but not great.

Good luck people and have fun with the Summon animations (save the stones after the reroll we won't know what the next banner will be and how good the units are)

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Rerolled for SS Goku... ended with it and a 4 stars Pikkon.

They are quite unfair with the Raditz event not letting you "class up" green and purple characters... got up to Raditz EX-5 but no dice beating it without 300+ green and purple units.

It takes less than 500Mb of space to download all the content available right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Durden.

Shallot is cool though.

Yeah, dodging is awkward feeling. I stopped trying to do them for challenges for the time being.

Game is okay so far, looks nice on my phone (Pixel 2 XL). Was hoping for a bit more depth but it's still early.

While you're definitely going to find some matches where lag is going to just fuck shit up, vanish seems to just be about timing timing timing. Just like with any fighting game, things that may seem inconsistent at first become mastered when practiced. I've got a really good grip on it now, although there are a few properties about it I'm still not 100% on, like vanishing while you yourself are in the middle of a missed attack. Sometimes it seems it works, sometimes it seems it doesn't, but from what I've gathered it seems that the timing is just a lot stricter when in an attack animation. Or that you can during missed strike attacks but not blasts or something, not sure.

As far as depth, the more I've played, the more really cool shit I've found in ways to approach battles. I definitely don't see it having as much depth as a standard 2D fighter, but I think that's a good thing. It knows what it is, and yeah some of it will just be gacha game dressing which is cool with me. It's going to be really interesting seeing how the game develops, how much new characters and shit change the meta, and what type of teams people can make. But I don't want this to be DBFZ or anything, that's it's own magnificent beast.

Rerolled for SS Goku... ended with it and a 4 stars Pikkon.

They are quite unfair with the Raditz event not letting you "class up" green and purple characters... got up to Raditz EX-5 but no dice beating it without 300+ green and purple units.

It takes less than 500Mb of space to download all the content available right now.

You can class up any character right now. Both my green SP Piccolo and purple SP Vegeta are classed up once, so they're around level 400 now.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can class up any character right now. Both my green SP Piccolo and purple SP Vegeta are classed up once, so they're around level 400 now.
I can't find any stage that drops the Super Soul 1 (green or purple) needed for class up.

Under items required and how to get it shows "Cannot adquire items at this time"

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find any stage that drops the Super Soul 1 (green or purple) needed for class up.

I think the "how to get" thing is fucked up for super souls for some reason. You can find the green super soul in Book 4 Chapter 3 in story. Purple in Book 4 Chapter 6. Their drop rate is rough though. Also you can get them in the exchange shop with rare medals.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I got the notification on my phone this morning, played the first two chapter. The game looks amazing beyond that it plays like a phone game but that's to be expected. I want to put more time into it.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this thread isn't in hangouts.
This is the first mobile game I've ever gotten into, really enjoying it. Looking forward to more characters being added!
Speaking of, datamine shows some icons for characters you can't currently get or even fight.
Super excited for 2nd and 3rd form Freeza since they weren't in the Xenoverse games. Frost is interesting and I wonder if the new Pikkon is also an SP like the current one or if he'll be an EX, also I hope he has Thunder Flash.
Hope the second Yamcha has Wolf Fang Fist.

Also can we please talk about how awesome this summon animation is?
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonballLegends/comments/8i10cl/vegeta_ssj_summon_animation/

Last edited:

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Looks good.

But unless its something like Fallout Shelter? I just dont enjoy touchscreen controls for games

Icebolts

Dec 18, 2017
Well, I've used VPN and started it, feels quite good and managed to have Sparking Pikkon and Sparking Vegeta so no need to reroll :)

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this thread isn't in hangouts.
This is the first mobile game I've ever gotten into, really enjoying it. Looking forward to more characters being added!
Speaking of, datamine shows some icons for characters you can't currently get or even fight.

Super excited for 2nd and 3rd form Freeza since they weren't in the Xenoverse games. Frost is interesting and I wonder if the new Pikkon is also an SP like the current one or if he'll be an EX, also I hope he has Thunder Flash.
Hope the second Yamcha has Wolf Fang Fist.

Also can we please talk about how awesome this summon animation is?
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonballLegends/comments/8i10cl/vegeta_ssj_summon_animation/

I know what animation that is, but I still haven't watched it because I don't wanna spoil it for whenever it (hopefully) happens to me, hahah.

I'm really excited for those Ginyus. I'm hoping at least one of them is SP. I really think a Ginyu Force team can work really well in this game if you limit break the HE ones enough, because ttheir Z-Ability boost for each other is pretty insane. If Ginyu's is even better, they could be really serious. And plus I just love the Ginyu Force.

And yeah, I can't imagine the characters in there that already have SP cards, like Pikkon and Pan, will be getting another SP card. Those have to be HE/EX cards. The art looks more in the vein of HE/EX. I mean, Pikkon's lucky enough that he was one of the first SP in the game. It was be insane if he got 2 so early, if at all. It does look like we may be getting some sort of awakening system though. Latest V-Jump scans show what looks like a Shallot awakening. So maybe these are awakened cards? Who knows. It is odd that Frost is the first character from Super they're putting in though. Maybe it's easy to translate his model from Frieza's or something.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
The discounted daily summon is ridiculously cheap, and I could never spend gems on 10 pulls if I could be patient and get 50 pulls instead with patience.

I've got my hands full with KHUx and Dokkan Battle, so I'll just keep doing daily oulls, and hopefully by the time I'm ready to delve in, I'll have a few Sparking units to form a party around!

The game looks gorgeous, but so far the gameplay leaves much to be desired, in my opinion.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
got sparking vegeta two times on first multi, how high are the rates?

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Damn, didn't know this was out already. One of the few big games that come out on Android before iOS. Guess I will wait.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I like that the game will still give you the ability to win even if you're under leveled. Was able to beat lvl 300 Radditz with a team that had an average lvl of 100 using clever dodging and specials.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
so what's the best Green element character right now? I've been leveling kid Gohan, but his abilities seem sorta weak sauce.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Friend code: k5yy7k3x

Loving it so far. I use to spam arts and now just wait to bait a vanish and go to town on them. Remember to try and keep an idea of what cards your enemy used so you have a better chance of dodging their rising strike.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I finished all the story stuff and am now trying to get all challenges because there isn't much else besides the PVP in which I either get destroyed or I completely destroy someone else.

Also, is there a way to get out of a multi card combo like a couple ki blasts or dragon rushes? I sometimes get locked in to one until I'm dead.

That face when Mercenary Tao on 3rd pull.
latest

He was also one of my first characters, I believe my second pull, my first was Pikon I believe.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I've been playing for 4 days already. I don't have enough time at the moment so I can't really progress but that's my roster so far:

dxeaLBA.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of the fighting system, I don't see any big variation in it that goes over switching characters, load energy, dodge and attack. Would have loved something tactical or even match 3 back.... :/

The rest is awesome again, collecting leveling and stuff. Hope they will add a bit deepness into the game in the future. Oh and variety, it's already a grindfest where you only grind colored nodes or character nodes for star level ups.

And because the gameplay is so heavenly based on real time, I don't know if I ever want to go deep into pvp. Just thinking about real pvp with that gameplay system makes me think "urg, let's switch back to Marvel Strike Force".

Oh and real 1440p would also be nice, even with everything on max it's not 100% clean.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll add everyone that posted their code here. My name's is Asparga. Cause....you know.....puns.

My code is qmjsqat3

Also did they take away the "quote to reveal" thing on Era? Wanna add these codes to the OP but I'd like to keep the overall friends list private to us if I could.

tumblr_ooq7z7myHI1s8zgwvo1_400.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finished all the story stuff and am now trying to get all challenges because there isn't much else besides the PVP in which I either get destroyed or I completely destroy someone else.

Also, is there a way to get out of a multi card combo like a couple ki blasts or dragon rushes? I sometimes get locked in to one until I'm dead.

You can switch characters mid-combo to a more advantageous element or to a character that has higher defense/health to lessen the damage. Or to Piccolo/Krillin if you have them for super tanking. Other than that, no. You wanna try and put your opponent in a situation where they don't have that many resources to burn in the first place by getting them to waste arts/ki.

I've got 81 wins right now and less than 10 losses in PvP. There's some bullshit for sure, especially with laggy matches, but you can be consistent. Just keep playing. These matches can get pretty fuckin real. It seems the PvP matchmaking is kinda borked right now though, which isn't helping.

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
You can switch characters mid-combo to a more advantageous element or to a character that has higher defense/health to lessen the damage. Or to Piccolo/Krillin if you have them for super tanking. Other than that, no. You wanna try and put your opponent in a situation where they don't have that many resources to burn in the first place by getting them to waste arts/ki.

I've got 81 wins right now and less than 10 losses in PvP. There's some bullshit for sure, especially with laggy matches, but you can be consistent. Just keep playing. These matches can get pretty fuckin real. It seems the PvP matchmaking is kinda borked right now though, which isn't helping.

Cool thanks, a lot of my matches still consist of me dragon rushing in to fire balls or messing up my side step

Here's my roster so far.

CPqKsNh.jpg

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks, a lot of my matches still consist of me dragon rushing in to fire balls or messing up my side step

Here's my roster so far.

CPqKsNh.jpg

That SP Piccolo is amazing for any team. He has a ability that allows him to reduce incoming damage but 50% when he is switched in to take the hits of a combo. His main ability also heals the entire team for 25%.

Pan and Pikkon are really good too. Tao is also awesome. If you decide to invest in him and up his crits even more, he can do some serious damage. That EX Nappa is also great if you need a red unit.