• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
No spoilers outside the basic premise we all know.

GraveGrimyBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

Verdict:
+Broly new character
+Top Tier Action
+Toriyama Humor
+Expansion Material
-Confusing Themes
-Iffy opening pacing
-Lack is tension

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for this film, and it looks amazing, but it definitely feels like it's just sort of a thing to bring Broly back, kind of like with Resurrection of F. Broly will definitely be important though whenever Super decides to come back so I'm excited for that.

Oct 27, 2017
I can deal with the pacing issues but it's disappointing to see "lack of tension" as a negative. For all the great things Super did, at times it felt like the stakes weren't there and the fights didn't have enough importance.

Not sure how the themes can be confusing considering the focus of this film. If they managed to make it convoluted, pretty shortsighted error.

OP
OP
Noctis

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I can deal with the pacing issues but it's disappointing to see "lack of tension" as a negative. For all the great things Super did, at times it felt like the stakes weren't there and the fights didn't have enough importance.

Not sure how the themes can be confusing considering the focus of this film. If they managed to make it convoluted, pretty shortsighted error.
DB hasn't had tension since Cell.