• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
UI was needed to beat Kefla and UI should be stronger than fusions as per Heroes (non canon I know I know) so at least for now Fusions are still broken and Kefla edges Broly

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
UI was needed to beat Kefla and UI should be stronger than fusions as per Heroes (non canon I know I know) so at least for now Fusions are still broken and Kefla edges Broly
Eh I don't really see the logic here. We don't know that UI was needed to beat Kefla and she also would've been curbstomped by Gogeta.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Don't forget that Goku can use Kaioken on top of his blue form.

EDIT: Vegeta was playing catch up with him in the TOP arc with that form basically.

Yeah goku and vegeta are now evenly matched after the tournament of power. Goku UI obviously will trump vegeta but he doesn't actually know how to do that. I'm sure when he does vegeta will power up shortly after

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
First anime movie outside of Ghibli I've watched in a movie theatre. Spent money on IMAX expecting a great movie going experience and although full, my theater was super quiet. Outside of a couple of giggles when Bulma and Frieza said their wishes, super quiet elsewhere. Quite disappointing.
Some scenes were epic but quite inconsistent quality. Will rewatch when it comes out streaming or Blu-ray just for the Broly fights.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about the Kefla thing. Also, some people thinking Broly is stronger than Jiren lol GTFO he went toe to toe against MUI Goku.

Definitely not. I would say it goes MUI Goku > Jiren > UI Goku > SSB Gogeta / Vegito > Broly > SSB2 Vegeta > SSB Goku Kaioken > SSB Goku / Vegeta

We didn't see either SSB2 Vegeta or SSB Goku Kaioken, so maybe they trump Broly.

I also say SSB2 Vegeta over SSB Goku Kaioken as SSB2 Vegeta was able to handle Destruct power with the same technique Jiren showed funnelling God Ki into hands (red hands with Jiren, blue hands with SSB2 Vegeta)

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Definitely not. I would say it goes MUI Goku > Jiren > UI Goku > SSB Gogeta / Vegito > Broly > SSB2 Vegeta > SSB Goku Kaioken > SSB Goku / Vegeta

We didn't see either SSB2 Vegeta or SSB Goku Kaioken, so maybe they trump Broly.

I also say SSB2 Vegeta over SSB Goku Kaioken as SSB2 Vegeta was able to handle Destruct power with the same technique Jiren showed funnelling God Ki into hands (red hands with Jiren, blue hands with SSB2 Vegeta)

I can get behind this list. Good job.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Not sure about the Kefla thing. Also, some people thinking Broly is stronger than Jiren lol GTFO he went toe to toe against MUI Goku.

Look at this way
Base Broly stomped SSG Goku
Base Kefla stomped SSG Goku

SS Broly Stomped Blue Goku
SS Kefla Stomped Blue Goku

Full Power SS Broly was Stomped by Gogeta
SS2 Kefla was Stomped by UI Goku

UI>Fusion so SS2 Kefla >FPSS Broly

Or at least that's how I see it

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I think Gogeta/Vegito is stronger than UI Goku, at least offensively.

There was the whole thing where Whis was saying UI Goku could only dodge efficiently.

But Broly is definitely stronger than Kefla. I think Goku and Vegeta together would have beaten Kefla while Broly was chasing those two around.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Look at this way

You can't equate it, as UI is a totally different beast. UI in it's first form just meant he had ultra instinct defence. He couldn't hit. So you can't equate.

Also Goku was severely stamina drained for the Kefla fight. A fresh SSB Goku > beat up SSB Goku.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

There was the whole thing where Whis was saying UI Goku could only dodge efficiently.

But Broly is definitely stronger than Kefla. I think Goku and Vegeta together would have beaten Kefla while Broly was chasing those two around.

That was for UI Omen

Mastered perfectly UI attacks and defends simultaneously

tabris

Oct 27, 2017

Well depends how you look at it, so I may change my list to SSB Vegito / Gogeta > UI Goku due to the lack of offence issue.

That was for UI Omen

Mastered perfectly UI attacks and defends simultaneously

That's why we've clarified MUI and UI.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anyone can say whether UI Omen is stronger than Gogeta or vice versa. It'll probably come down to whether Omen turns off or Gogeta defuses first. Gogeta having more raw power but being unable to land a clean hit on Omen. No don't @ me about some Heroes bullshit.

I don't know how long Gogeta can last, shouldn't be that much shorter than SSB Vegito. It's impossible to tell how much time has passed unless they tell you so it's unknown how long Vegito truly lasted compared to Omen.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't think anyone can say whether UI Omen is stronger than Gogeta or vice versa. It'll probably come down to whether Omen turns off or Gogeta defuses first. Gogeta having more raw power but being unable to land a clean hit on Omen. No don't @ me about some Heroes bullshit.

I don't know how long Gogeta can last, shouldn't be that much shorter than SSB Vegito. It's impossible to tell how much time has passed unless they tell you so it's unknown how long Vegito truly lasted compared to Omen.

Gogeta lasts half as much as Vegito

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i really hate that people still cal it "ultra instinct"

what a fucking horrendous name that has nothing to do with the original name

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
i really hate that people still cal it "ultra instinct"

what a fucking horrendous name that has nothing to do with the original name

it's the official term
1160694.jpg

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Crunchyroll refers to it as Ultra Instinct...what are you even saying??

English subs were done with TOEI themselves

sorry pal, the first time they aired the episodes they said "doctrina egosita" if they re-subbed them afterwards, thats another thing.

Again, ultra instinct is a million times cooler than that.

naah, i know they want to be clever about moving from Super to Ultra, like if they were Yugioh trading cards or something, but ultra instinct sounds lame.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's perfectly normal to compare Broly to Jiren. Jiren would still outclass Broly as he is now. He just doesn't have the skill yet. He's just rage and raw power. However, after some time training I can see Broly easily surpassing Jiren. Without a doubt. Dude JUST went SS. Lol

NippleViking

May 2, 2018

Personally I feel it's:
MUI Goku > SSB Gogeta / Vegito > Jiren > Broly > UI Goku > SSB2 Vegeta > SSB Goku Kaioken > SSB Goku / Vegeta

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
sorry pal, the first time they aired the episodes they said "doctrina egosita" if they re-subbed them afterwards, thats another thing.

naah, i know they want to be clever about moving from Super to Ultra, like if they were Yugioh trading cards or something, but ultra instinct sounds lame.

Crunchyroll Spanish subs were not done under TOEI. Only simulcast is

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultra Instinct sounds much better and fits the series and character much better.

Lol @ "doctrine" like Goku is some sort of political scholar

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Freeza tanking Broly for an hour was impressive.
Agreed. It's funny that Freeza canonically got the shit kicked out of him by Broly for a literal hour and more, as Goku and Vegeta's two failed fusions needed a half hour each to defuse. But it's also impressive that he didn't outright die during that time. I'm not sure if the movie should have pointed out a bit more that Freeza got his ass kicked for so long, or left it for audiences to do the math themselves.

Freeza was an evil prick in this movie (albeit with some funny moments), so seeing Broly beat the shit out of him for 1+ hour was satisfying.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Is SSB2 Vegeta an actual thing? I thought they hadn't given that power-up a separate tier.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Look at this way

Non sense broly is stronger than beerus stated by goku and UI isn't stronger than Gogeta. You can't compare kefla strength to ssj blue gogeta

Al broly stomps

Last edited:

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
What? No way is Gogeta/Vegito currently stronger than Ultra Instinct. Isn't that a technique from the angels, also used by the gods? Even some gods have trouble mastering it.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Well Goku says that Broly is close to Beerus. So you can use that as a gauge.

So SSB Gogeta stronger then Beerus?

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Does anyone in the US feel that Funimation partnering with Fathom events is going to hurt it's US BO? I looked at most theaters for Saturday near me , and they're only getting one screening even though it's sold most showtimes yesterday and today. I'm surprised Sony just didn't step in with distribution as they own Funimation.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
If manga is something to go by, Beerus is the strongest destruction god.

I still think Beerus is stronger than Broly, blue Goku. Among mortals, only MUI Goku and maybe Jiren is stronger than Beerus.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta probably sees him more as a nuisance. If he reeeeeaaaaallly wanted to, he could end Frieza easily.

I'm not asking for redemption for Frieza. I'm asking for something different or for him to grow even stronger so that he's an actual threat to even the Gods.
Without SSB Evolution he can't.

Golden Freeza was even stronger than Blue Vegeta on the ToP.