• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shit you're right

Fit Buu

Understandable.
dragon-ball-super-85-fit-buu-spar.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still think Kai should've been a complete remake of DBZ with new animation.

I agree. And it would be a dream come true to get a remake of Z with the production of the best recent Super episodes. But that's most likely never happening.
(Hell, I want a remake of the Future Trunks Arc with the new production style and Limit Breaker X Survivor as the opening)

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The treatment of Majin Buu in Super has been appallingly bad. Sleeps through two tournaments, plus when Freeza comes to Earth.

And all the adverts/promotions for the U6 tournament and TOP hyped Buu up for months too.

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone else think that when DB comes back, the new series is going back to the Z brand? Like Dragon Ball Z 2 or something like that? I feel they really didn't capitalize on the Super brand. None of the new games use it, neither dokkan battle, xenoverse or fighterz.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of who was treated the poorest: Tien > Goten > Buu > Trunks

Everyone else was fine.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else think that when DB comes back, the new series is going back to the Z brand? Like Dragon Ball Z 2 or something like that? I feel they really didn't capitalize on the Super brand. None of the new games use it, neither dokkan battle, xenoverse or fighterz.
Nope

That's U2 though. Time passes differently in different areas.
I don't think there was ever any implication that it was different between universes. Also each universe got told the same time to prepare until the tournament, so they have to be the same.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Nah most likely it'll be Dragon Ball Ultra or some other sequel name.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I wish Buu was in the TOP instead of Tien. Buu has so many funny attacks, he's a shape shifter, and more importantly unpredictable. Buu would have caused chaos until Jiren stepped in to stop him.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Buu was in the TOP instead of Tien. Buu has so many funny attacks, he's a shape shifter, and more importantly unpredictable. Buu would have caused chaos until Jiren stepped in to stop him.

That's probably why they didn't let Buu participate, because they would actually have to put effort into his portrayal. Tien is super easy for the writers to ignore.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think anyone running the series is interested in using Buu as a combatant and it just comes down to that. Even in GT they ditched him as soon as they could. He's a comic relief guy who can bring some fun scenes with Satan every now and then but I don't think anyone cares about writing fights around him.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who did Super screw over the most:

Gohan
Yamcha
Trunks and Goten
Majin Buu
Tien

I'll get shit for this, but Goku should be on this list. Compare his attitude from the end of Cell with him choosing to stay dead, or even Buu with wanting the next gen to succeed. In Super, he basically devoted everything to fighting, regardless of the risks involved. Remember not just the ToP's intro, but the whole thing with him being an annoying twat wanting to wail on Gowasu/Zamasu when they first met. Even his wish is apparently to do a tourney like this again, after seeing a whole Universe get erased.

He was never the sharpest pencil in the drawer, but Super took it to a new level. And with the series ending (and U7 winning, let's be honest), it feels like he learned nothing. Aside from how to do Kamehameha ollies.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'll get shit for this, but Goku should be on this list. Compare his attitude from the end of Cell with him choosing to stay dead, or even Buu with wanting the next gen to succeed. In Super, he basically devoted everything to fighting, regardless of the risks involved. Remember not just the ToP's intro, but the whole thing with him being an annoying twat wanting to wail on Gowasu/Zamasu when they first met. Even his wish is apparently to do a tourney like this again, after seeing a whole Universe get erased.

He was never the sharpest pencil in the drawer, but Super took it to a new level. And with the series ending (and U7 winning, let's be honest), it feels like he learned nothing. Aside from how to do Kamehameha ollies.
He literally let Vegeta off after him and Nappa killing most of his friends by saying "I know it's wrong, but I've earned to be selfish right now".

He was always that way.

Choosing to stay dead was probably more an excuse to be able to train and fight dead people, and that next generation stuff landed in the drawer real quick.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I would have had buu eliminate some universe 9 and 10 people. Have one really good fight with a universe 11 b team member, and win. That member was good friends with like toppo, and so toppo eliminates buu but buu puts up a decent fight. Seriously I'm fairly certain toppo has 0 eliminations. The tien sniper episode focuses more on Gohan and piccolo. And gohan's circle just starts with 4 people, did tien do anything else?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Piccolo made out of this arc pretty good considering what they could've done to him lol

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Who did Super screw over the most:

Gohan
Yamcha
Trunks and Goten
Majin Buu
Tien
Tien.
He just got his ass handed to him every time and the best he could do was to kamikaze himself in the ToP.

Gohan had some moments.
Yamcha had baseball.
Majin Buu won a great fight.
Trunks and Goten got some airtime (that's a win already for them)

Oct 27, 2017
Gohan gonna be the only saiyan not to get a new form in the ToP, hell looking at overall performances he's almost the most disappointing saiyan, only Cabba was worse than him (talking about cool moments not eliminations)

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Gohan will have a new form at the start of the next show. He'll have trained in the time skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.