• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

I think this is the first time that Freeza's final form has ever wore a scouter. It can't be said enough how great these character designs are.

Miyako Tsuji has adapted to the new style so well.
Here is the other 3

Can't wait to see her continued evolution under the new designs as time goes on.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows when to expect news (assuming we get some), the Super panel at Jump Festa is from 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM on December 23rd. For us in Pacific Time that will be 6:30 PM on December 22nd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool. Since its for Super specifically we are firmly in the Its Happening territory for a 2019 return, aren't we
That's been the speculation.
Without a panel here are the things Super has had announced at Jump Festa
2015 - The names of the U6 fighters.
2016 - The announcement of the Universe Survival Arc.
2017 - The announcement of the then unnamed Super movie.
So we've gotten something every Jump Festa without the series even having its own panel, just piggy backing off of the Heroes one. Now that Super is getting it's own it feels like they must have a decent sized announcement, like the return of the show.

If it returns in 2019 the possible return months are April, July or October.

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
So any idea when rest of the world (those countries that do not have cinema screening) will be able to watch this movie?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Double post, but some new design stuff from the pamphlet people get in Japan from seeing the movie.

So damn Toriyama, love it.
Put it in spoilers because there are some screens of the movie in there that haven't been released elsewhere.

EDIT: So fuckin sexy.

20181214_032632.jpg

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I was pissed of they stopped super for the movie at first but now it actually looks as good as this, it's the best decision they could have made

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
So Ultra Instinct isn't even mentioned in the movie? Horrible writing.
Well, it's not stellar but I can understand how they don't want to remind you about the latest cool thing you're not actually going to see.

Especially in the context of a movie in which it could easily be confused for foreshadowing.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
So Ultra Instinct isn't even mentioned in the movie? Horrible writing.
Agreed. It's unrealistic for Vegeta/ Piccolo, Frieza, or Beerus not to at least mention UI as a way of Goku fighting Broly. I guess Vegeta already knows Goku has trouble accessing it, but still, it should come up when they're getting their ass handed by Broly.

Frieza specifically, since UI should be the main reason he's using Broly as a means of defeating Goku.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Agreed. It's unrealistic for Vegeta/ Piccolo, Frieza, or Beerus not to at least mention UI as a way of Goku fighting Broly. I guess Vegeta already knows Goku has trouble accessing it, but still, it should come up when they're getting their ass handed by Broly.

Frieza specifically, since UI should be the main reason he's using Broly as a means of defeating Goku.

Beerus isn't even around when the fighting started and I think Goku's allies would know that he can't turn the form on. He couldn't do it in the TOP. Also, even without UI, Goku is much stronger than Frieza.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just now realized that this Broly is going to have a vocabulary other than "KAKAROTTTTTTTT!!!". In fact, I haven't heard him say it once. Weird. Awesome.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
About Broly's power
Isn't his base form literally SSJ4? Using full Oozaru power with out transforming into a monkey

This movie is no doubt the best DB movie so far for me. It's so funny and the action scenes are great. Side characters are lovable too. I love Broly's character so much

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
half the movie is already floating around online (shitty cam quality of course)

Yup, watched it and really enjoyed what I saw! Bummed I can't find the rest of the movie yet. I bought my ticket for the English showing before because I feel bad resorting to this, but I really didn't wanna see the movie for the first time in English Dub, personally. Kinda petty, but my bias is too strong at this point.

Craziest thing about this movie is how impressive the animation is, even seeing it off screen in 360p.

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have question for the dragon ball fans that live in London. I'm gonna travel to London next month to watch the Broly movie. Which movie theatre would you recommend for the movie?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
So close to best SSJ2 Caulifla episode.

Just got to get 91 out of the way. 91 dub will be interesting since a lot of it will be new characters

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose its safe to assume that Ayers will be Frieza unless otherwise stated

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
somehow i knew that
they were aiming broly to become a neutral/good guy instead of just generic bad dude like old broly. Unlike frieza however, that actually makes sense with Broly's character, and i'm glad he has some friends, i have the feeling that isnt the last we will see of him

One of the best db movies for that alone honestly...
...with the retcons of bardock's history and goku's origins though, i guess we can clearly call super a multiverse branch off from the original series

Status
Not open for further replies.